Womens Running

Birthday Month Thursday DIVAS! (Read 18 times)

MA runner girl

Woooo August is my bday month (7th)

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

MA runner girl

Morning!

RR: Ran 3 miles last night, outside, strollerless after C went to bed. I was in a very frustrated mood and started out probably a little faster than easy pace but turned it into a progression run and finished 3 miles in 25ish min. I didn't have my garmin on me because I keep forgtting to charge it, but I ran the 3 mile route I always do. I need to run another 5k, I'm sick of running my runs at the 25 min 5k paces I ran 8 weeks ago! Anyways, felt a million times better when I got back. I love that running does that for me.

NRR: Last night was just not a good night. I messed up dinner, and then messed up my fix. I was so hungry that I felt super nauseaus (I can never spell that word). DH suddenly decided he didn't want what I made (um gee thanks I just spent 2 hours making it) and I was just majorly stressed out trying to get C ready and into bed at the same time. DH did take over for bath time, but then wanted me to come get him out and change him. Grrr... And then I had to feed him, all before I sat down to eat my then cold dinner. Alone. IAnyways, we are both exhausted and I think it's causing some stress between us. Before bed we talked about it (and my hormonal self cried. a lot.) and we're fine now. ETA: I should mention that DH redeemed himself a bit by cleaning the kitchen while I was out on my run.

Here's to a better night tonight! At least today's my Friday!

POrun

Happy August! This year is flying by!

RR: Running a 2 mile time trial for the tri group tonight. It was in the 90s yesterday, so I'm sure it will be again today. Sad

NRR: 5 day work weeks are rough after a 3 day last week! I wish we'd switch to every Friday off! Other than that, not much. Enjoying the last week off before school starts up again!

NC: You're doing some great workouts! I hope I can get there again one day. You're going to rock your tri!

RLTW: Way to go on your job. You sound like you do a lot to help a lot of people, and that's fantastic! I hope you keep feeling better every day!

Meli: How do you keep yourself from getting so tired with all the increased tri training? I have been exhausted from the 2 a days and having to wake up at 5 am to swim!

Lizo: I have seen the camel commercial. DH really likes it too, and yesterday on the way into work was "whoot, whooting" for Wednesday.

MA: Great job on the 3 yesterday. Sounds like a fairly fast training run! Sorry last night was a rough night! Tonight has to go much better!

SassySparky

MA - sorry you had a rough night - we had many evenings like that (almost exactly as you described) when we were adjusting to life with a kid. It takes time and at least you talked about it! Great job on your run!

PO - Good luck with running in the heat! I'm amazied that you are already doing tri training and two-a-days! I'm exhausted with my training schedule as is, I can't imagine fitting in two workouts!

RR: Did about 20 mins of ST today - split squats, step ups, dead lifts, tricep dips, leg raises/clamshells and lots of abs. It feels nice to do that after 2 weeks (!!) without. I need to work it into my week more frequently.

NRR: Just working, not much else is going on.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

melrunner

Happy August first!!!!! Wow this month flew by!

MA, you need a hug, chocolate, wine, and girls night. I'm glad DH cleaned thr kitchen!

PO I AM ALWAYS TIRED!!!! I live to nap. I nap on Saturdays and Sundays. I am trying to get at least 7 hours of sleep daily 10pm waking up at 5! Good luck today.

Sassy, how is your ankle?

TriR 7 Miles slow and easy today after work since I decided to sleep in.

NtriR, I called in sick yesterday at Hospit so I could come cuddle and relax haha. I was exhausted. See PO? So excited for the weekend.

Have a great day!

RunLikeTheWind23

Morning ladies!

RR:  just got back from a hike with a friend. 90 minutes total

NRR: so yesterday I posted that my grandma was perking up a bit. Things took a turn again yesterday and we're looking at a matter of days left (she is under hospice care and the nurse said its just a matter of time) so devastated. My grandma is my rock. I know though that its time to let her go. I was supposed to go to Long Island on Saturday to see her. However, I fear it may be too late. So I'm heading down this morning to see her. I have to leave early tomorrow morning though because I have to work at 1 pm. I just need to see her one last time.

MA: my birthday is in August too! August 23rd! So sorry last night was stressful. If you and DH ever want a night alone just  call me! I'd be more than happy to come down and watch C If you guys wanted to catch a movie or grab some dinner! Hoping for a good night for you tonight!

PO: I agree with you that 5 day work weeks are tough! I'm wondering how I will readjust once the school year begins in September.

Sassy: I always love the way I feel from ST, and should do it more often too!

taylorma1

Morning ladies

MA-glad DH redeemed himself a bit. Weird that he didn't want to take C out of the tub and change him though. Runs like that after a stressful day are always great

PO-that is hot weather! I will be experiencing that soon enough. Oddly, Chicago has been really cool the past 1.5 weeks, and the extended forecast shows mid to upper 70s for the next 10 days

Sassy-nice job on the ST. Need to do that tonight

meli-have a good 7 miles today

RLTW-so sorry about your grandma. Hugs to you dear.

RR: SRD

NRR: last day of my summer job. Tomorow I fly out to NC to see my family, then Saturday we all head to the beach for a week. Then immediately after that I move to Indiana. Finally got a few things done yesterday for the move: changed bank accounts and bought some textbooks online. Need to do more of that stuff today

lizo_77

MA: I'm glad you talked about your frustration with your DH here on the forum, because I had the same frustration last night with mine. So I get home late from work - about 7. After a 12 hour day, I walk in, M is crashed on his recliner. I fix a quick dinner - grilled cheese and tomato soup. Ok. it's all good. but then I serve it up, give it to him including his big glass of milk, which he promptly spills all over the table and floor. Tons of his cursing later, I clean up after him. he pretty much just sits there eats his dinner.... grrrr. Ok. So the reason I like that you talked about it, is that you talked about it with your DH. I didn't. So.... that teaches me that I need to talk about stuff as it happens and not hold it in. It's not healthy for me, or him or our relationship. So... after a long saga here... THANKS!!!

MA runner girl

RLTW - Hugs! I'm so sorry about your grandma. <3

MA runner girl

Liz - It's hard, and after living with my DH for 5 years I've realized that sometimes men need to be told when you need help, they don't instinctively just "do". Seriously. Last night I was making dinner, and raelizing that it was getting late and close to C's bedtime, and DH was just sitting on his computer. And I was stewing mad that he wasn't doing anything. Finally I just said "Hey can you help me with life?" lol and he said sure what? And so he gave C a bath. It's almost like he did not think there was anything to do until I told him!

So after an argument, we typically each do our thing to cool down. I run, he goes outside for fresh air. Then when we go to bed, after we've had time to think about what actually happened, we realize 1) things were not as bad as we felt in that moment and 2) we can forgive and move on. That's just what works for us. You'll figure it out in time! We certainly didn't right away.

MA: I'm glad you talked about your frustration with your DH here on the forum, because I had the same frustration last night with mine. So I get home late from work - about 7. After a 12 hour day, I walk in, M is crashed on his recliner. I fix a quick dinner - grilled cheese and tomato soup. Ok. it's all good. but then I serve it up, give it to him including his big glass of milk, which he promptly spills all over the table and floor. Tons of his cursing later, I clean up after him. he pretty much just sits there eats his dinner.... grrrr. Ok. So the reason I like that you talked about it, is that you talked about it with your DH. I didn't. So.... that teaches me that I need to talk about stuff as it happens and not hold it in. It's not healthy for me, or him or our relationship. So... after a long saga here... THANKS!!!

SassySparky

Meli - thanks for asking! ankle feels ok today, actually felt fine all day yesterday, aside from the first mile of my run! I am always tired, too! haha I wish I could nap on the weekends!

Happy August first!!!!! Wow this month flew by!

MA, you need a hug, chocolate, wine, and girls night. I'm glad DH cleaned thr kitchen!

PO I AM ALWAYS TIRED!!!! I live to nap. I nap on Saturdays and Sundays. I am trying to get at least 7 hours of sleep daily 10pm waking up at 5! Good luck today.

Sassy, how is your ankle?

TriR 7 Miles slow and easy today after work since I decided to sleep in.

NtriR, I called in sick yesterday at Hospit so I could come cuddle and relax haha. I was exhausted. See PO? So excited for the weekend.

Have a great day!

monk717

Morning divas! I'm glad July is over. Also glad my sister is safely on the ground in Spain.

RR: Wasn't planning on running this morning because I was up really late last night, but I guess P wanted me to run because he was up at 4:30. So I ran 3 miles and it was hard, my legs were tired, but I made it and feel really good after. Its amazing how much easier it is now and I think improving my attitude is going a long way!

NRR: Last night I was up late doing a photo book on shutterfly because I had a code for a free one that was expiring today. I always forget how long it takes to make those! So I did that and also made a coffee mug for DH. I had wanted to get him a Dad mug for Father's Day, but didn't have my stuff together enough to either make one or look for one in time. So I thought that would be nice to do now.

P has decided that he LOVES rice cereal! We've been working on cereal for about two weeks now and he's eaten small amounts and "getting" it a bit more each time. Well last night he ate the whole bowl and was even yelling at me when I wasn't spooning it in fast enough! Unfortunately he spit up a decent amount, lol. First foods are fun but meals just starting out take FOREVER.  Anyway, now that he's getting more into it I think we're going to try some other food this weekend.

SassySparky

Monk yay that he loves to eat! Meals do take forever, as parents switch off and on feeding him and then feeding themselves. That's partially why we started doing baby-led weaning after about a month of spoon feeding!

SassySparky

I got so much sleep last night (ok, 7.5 hours) that I feel amazing today.

NorCal

I got so much sleep last night (ok, 7.5 hours) that I feel amazing today.

Dude! That would be a short night for me! I'm used to getting 8-10 hours. 9 is usually the average. Wink

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34