Womens Running

Snowy Thursdailies (Read 18 times)

Kilmisters

Lizzie, funny how often athlete injuries have nothing to do w the sport. Few seasons ago tne of the best Flyers forwards tore a ligament while... playing golf. Like, seriously? The headlines were hilarious. Hoping your shin feels ok today! 20$ doesn't sound too bad for doggy care, but it surely adds up. As for HCBF, if he hasn't quit already, it will take some reeeaaaall s--- to go down, I guess. Some sort of breaking point. Not sure what that could be given how much he has put up with already.

Margaret, Dublin?? Exciting! I hope it won't be raining there all the time,  but at this time of the year it's almost a given. Don't forget to have some Guinness beer!

Laura, I saw the video of opposing goalie (?) punching your DS; what was the punishment? Red card and multiple game suspension, I hope. In professional soccer that would be 5-10 games at least. So sad that his team lost, but rain actually sounds like a ''true'' soccer weather (reference to England). The workplace drama sounds awful. Not sure what is worse - behind the scenes/gossip stuff or full blown drama like this one.

Cathy, does the 5k medal have a bacon theme again (will never forget that one)? Big grin Do you feel ready? Smile

Tessa, you are totally correct - a lengthy break would pretty much mean starting from point 0 in this industry. I was gone for a week and so much has happened already. World Series? Is that baseball? I tried to watch a game once (because Lisa said she'd be watching it at the arena? park? how is it called?) and, boy, was it boring, w/o knowing all the details about pitchers and stuff.

Diane, congrats on anniversary! Wow, that is quote of the month - ''100k is just like 50k, just more miles''!!! (T-shit idea!) So, 42k is just like 21k, just more k too, right? Big grin

Sandy, wow, have to read about Parise injury… That is BAD. They don't have too much scoring (or impact player) depth.

I appreciate the support; after hearing so much crap (and, of course, trying to ignore it) about continuing to work, it's really encouraging. Somehow the whole balance feels, well... Balanced. Colleagues just have to get used to sometimes receiving emails at 4am Big grin Of course, it's been just two days, but it seems that this will be just fine. Just have to remember to not sure too much if something breaks down in Excel/Knime Smile

Went out for a sssupppperslow run yesterday (being ready to turn around after few hundred meters if it starts  to feel like a bad idea, which it most probably was anyway, but doc just said to see how it goes and decide trusting the body), felt extremely weird, but got my few k in. Felt 1000x better after that! Doc said waiting 6wks is the usual reccomendation, but for people that have kept on running during pregnancy it's usually different (faster) and having run HM a couple of weeks ago ''I don't even know what to benchmark against'' Big grin Felt ok, but will be supercareful, of course.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

LC Runs

Kupcakes - nice 4.7 and weights!!

Huron - it did get really nice out late afternoon/evening.  I wanted to get outside but just ran out of time with transporting DD and making dinner, etc.  It's coooollld out there this morning!   As far as work, it's not a nurse shortage I don't think (though the pay is low so that keeps some RN's away).  The problem is likely that her behavior has been ignored and tolerated by the supervisor because she doesn't want conflict.  Instead of talking to the RN and having  her be accountable, she's been coddled and excuses made.  I was told that when the last social worker stopped working with her (she didn't actually leave, she switched partners because there was a SW opening), the Supervisor told her that it was because she wanted to change travel areas (we all have different counties we cover in our region).  Keep in mind the SW told her outright she couldn't work with her any more because of her behavior but the supervisor still tried to put a positive spin on it.  And, the superiors have been told the other SW left because of getting a new job - well, why were they looking for a new job?  Ugh, today will be either full of drama or just no one talking since everyone is back in the office today.  BF actually brought me popcorn and wants me to take it to work, bwaaaa!!

Elina - you are doing so great, awesome job getting out there.  The miles will come back quickly.  We may see snow this weekend.  It's 28 right now.  Lizzie would love it LOL.

Probably a few on the TM and some weights this morning.  Looking forward to getting out tomorrow!

Bikerchick1

Kilmisters - wow, a run already!  You are amazing!

Laura - Can now wait to hear about your day.  Too funny about the popcorn Wink.

HH - are you looking to join the retiree world soon?  I now work 1 day a week...semi-retired...love, love, love it!  doing the Great Turtle At Mackinaw Island.

Nice run yesterday...work today.

carol

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!

Mid 40's out there this morning!! YEEESSSSS. I took a cute picture of my Fall wear. I have to try and figure out a way to post it. All of the picture uploading sites are blocked at work. High is 60 today!

I felt a sickness coming on yesterday and I was right. Feels like a cold..it hasn't fully settled in but my ears are plugged, throat hurts, tired and congested. I wish it would just hit me already so I can get it over with!

Long run tomorrow. Shooting for 15...my left knee has been cranky lately but I think it has something to do with the bed post Smile Its going to be in the 30's!!! I am trying to figure out what to wear..but definitely have to bring out the gloves! I am doing my happy dance.

Docket – I like to race in my Mizunos!!

Run4kupcakes – I suspected that you knew your cupcakes Smile

HuronHeart – Nice miles yesterday!! Mid-40’s is perfect. Good for your DD!! I have a few neighbors that do the dog walking service – HCBF is nervous to do that because then someone is in the house. He is paranoid.

Kilmisters – Agree with you about HCBF. Its whatever now. I am used to him being gone! Wow! I am surprised you are already running! You are a hulk yourself Smile Keep resting!

Laura – LOL at your BF with the popcorn!! Haha. I have a feeling it will be a drama filled day. Do you work for a large company? I find that the HR departments in the large companies are crap. They are all

Hi Carol! Have a good day!

Lots going on today so I best get to it. Dropped Ruger off at his second day of daycare! He was shaking a little on the way but ran right into the place..I hope he was just a little nervous!

Have a great day everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 5 miles tonight.

Elina, awesome that you're out there and running already!

Laura, enjoy the TM miles and the weights.

Carol, ugh at work.

Lizzie, enjoy the rest day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

KILMISTERS,  it is possible (and has been done) to play golf while wearing oxygen. 

USDO yesterday. I did 3 more hours of volunteer work at the big library and I was wiped out for sure. That made 8 hours total this week. It was a special need so it won't happen that way again.
              Today I plan to bundle up and get out there this morning. It's in the low 40's right now. Lotsa layers.
              Safe and Happy Runs, All 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Seloc

HH – nice 4 miles!  Ahhhh, sounds like lovely weather.

HCK – nice miles and glad you are feeling better after the race.  You guys crack me up with your cupcakes.  The names do make me laugh.

Laura – NO PLANS FOR YOUR FIFTIETH?!!!  What?!!!  Do I need to fly out there, take you for a run and a beer or three??  It’s a Saturday, too!!  Sure hope your family spoils you ROTTEN.  DC is pretty awesome.  I had been there years and years ago but it was a quick in and out.  I think that would be a GREAT trip with your kids!  You are right, super educational and fun.  Super easy to get around, too.  Did you bring your popcorn and wine today?  Hee hee

Lizzie – only YOU would be jealous of snow LOL.  Probably get about an inch where I am.  Just happy I can WFH tomorrow and not deal with it.  People forget how to drive in it every year.  Foot is MUCH better, thanks.  Very weird.  Probably was just from walking so much.  Oh!  Ragnar.  Well, the race offered a refund, deferral or donation.  Most of the other teammates were chiming in with donate so I guess that’s what we did.  Kind of a steep donation for this cat ($150) but I know it’s going to a good cause.  Ha ha – Kat’s cat emoji is awesome!!

Damaris – I saw on FB what you mean about Miami flat haha.  For me, it was just the first 4mi at MCM that were hilly.  LOL  Nice speedwork and WOOHOO for running outside!  No wonder you are speedy with that lovely weather.

Kat!  OMG I missed giving you a shout yesterday!  It was SO nice to meet you!  Thank you so much for making the effort to come our direction for lunch.  Sorry we were so late at the start but super fun to get to see you on the course and finish!  I loved having that distraction of looking for you and my RB on that little out/back.  Best cat emoji EVA!!  LOL  Awesome sleep for you.  Sounds amazing.  How are the legs feeling?

Tessa – bummer on no more kit kats for awhile but makes sense the season is winding down.  UGH on that HEAT!  Hope the power came back quickly yesterday.

Elina – NOOOOOOOOOOOO on the thread title!  You, too?  We are getting some tomorrow.  Sigh.  Yep, World Series is baseball and played at a ‘field’.  It is rather boring even when you know the rules and such haha  That is AWESOME you have found a balance that works for you and your family.  That’s all that matters!  Poo on the judgy ones.  OMG on you out there running already!  No wonder mini-K is HULK – her mama is STRONG and TOUGH!  Aren’t you sore from the whole birth thing?  I mean, I wouldn’t know first hand but sounds like it could be a touch painful pushing out a human.

Laura2 – OMG hilarious about BF bringing popcorn!!  LOL  Brrrrrrrr on the 28.  We will be getting that this weekend.  Sigh.

Lizzie2 – yay rest day!  You crack me up with how happy you get for your fall wear.  Post on FB!  Oh no on the sickness.  Maybe you will keep it at bay!  15 tomorrow – whoa.  But, your favorite weather so you will KILL it, no doubt.  Yep, gloves for sure at 30*  Aw that Ruger is sooooooooo cute.  Anything fun on tap for the weekend?

4ish easy miles for me with regular Thursday RB.  Mid 40s and a bit breezy.  Last “warm” run for awhile.  Snow tomorrow, 20*s for the weekend.  Sigh.  Legs feel good and foot, too.  Must have just been from walking so much in not super supportive shoes.  Worked my tail off yesterday and feel mostly caught up at work.  Excited to have not much planned for the weekend.  Will be good to hunker down.  Next weekend will head to Bis.  Later peeps!!

dhuffman63

Trails

Of course it is Elina...lol.  In the case of an event like the Pumpkin Holler it would just be one more loop. As for the work/baby balance it's your life and you have to live it so my take on it is if you are happy and miniK is happy and DH is happy, everyone else can just go suck it.  They aren't you so they have no say in it.

Laura they have had people leave where my husband works because of a particular Director but even tho they have exit interviews nothing has been done because he's close to retirement age and they don't want any discrimination suits or anything. Love the popcorn...lol.

Carol, I saw they you and Lisa and Susan were doing that one and the horse poo comment was hilarious on FB.  Good luck to you all. I'd like to do that one just cause I'm such a turtle when it comes to pace.

Lizzie sorry you are getting sick.  From the weather changes you think?  Friday I'm finally going to get a flu shot so may be sick after that.

Ruger may just have been excited...Chuckie gets that way when he gets excited about things...Jasper the beagle mix shakes when he's scared.  They are all so different.

R4k, that's funny on the cupcakes.  I'm boring when it comes to them...I don't like the icing so usually pull that off and just eat the cake part.

Kathy/Huron, are you thinking of retiring?

Damaris, I ordered the Hidden Meanings shirt and should get it Thur.  Hope I het one of the special ones with some color but I like the b/w one too.  Loved the FB pic of you.

Hi Judy.  So nice of you to volunteer.  I'd love to do some when I retire.

I must have been really tired cause I fell asleep in my recliner and then went to bed at 8:30.  Woke up today and nothing hurts.  I feel wonderful and my RHR is back down in the 60's.  My massage person has an opening on Sat and I snagged it for 9 am.  Then that evening we are going to the Hallowzooeen with DD and GD and SIL.  Supposed to be cold.  Fri morning it's getting down to 30 degrees.

I'll wave to everyone and try and get back for more personals.

dhuffman63

Trails

I've been doing some reading/research and I think Tessa is spot on and I should attempt/do a 50 miler before attempting/doing a 100k.  So I'm also looking at the 24 hour timed races as where I might do this.  Or perhaps the rail to trails in KS as they have 50 milers on relatively flat terrain.  I would like to also get some more 50k's done too so that I have everything dialed in.  The Dec rail trail run has a 75k so that's an option too before the 100k.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Elina, you are amazing!  Out running already.

Laura, I am right there with Sandy on your Bday, you must do something memorable.   50oz of your fav beverage?  50 bites of cupcakes?   You would have a blast if Sandy did go see you.  She is a hoot.

Hi Carol!

Lizzie, have a good LR tomorrow.  I'm sure Ruger will have a blast again.  I tried taking one of my beasts years ago, he hated it.  Doesn't like to play with other dogs, only wanted to be held.  Goofball!

Damaris, only 5 miles and pilates...  Slacker.  

Judy, have a nice and chilly run.

Sandy, it was indeed awesome to meet you.  Something tells me we could enjoy a few cocktails together quite easily.  Add Lizzie to the mix...  No telling how our night would turn out.  No biggie on going to your area for lunch.  I quite enjoyed it.  Funny, the Indian restaurant I went to on Sun night was 1-2 doors down from our outdoor table.

Diane, fun you are thinking of challenging yourself even more!  Just take it step by step as Tessa advised, she is a smart woman.  I ordered the hidden meaning shirt too, it is supposed to be here today.  I almost think I might want the plain b&w one more.

OK, all you ladies talking about COLD weather...  Guess what we are going to get, COLD weather here in warm TX.  Granted it will be overnight, but later this week the forecast is for 37 and 39 two nights.  Brrrrrrr.  Still will get into the 60's/70's during the day.

I was supposed to mow the lawn this morning, but think I am going to catch up on this weeks "This is Us" episode.

Ugh for tomorrow, I usually look forward to Friday's, but not this week.  And I do another fill in day Saturday.

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Arimathea

Tessa

I am so envious of all of you reporting cold weather. No relief in sight here. I hope Houston is cooler for the baseball people!

Power came back on about 11:30, apparently. DS and DSBF left home and went to the library which is 2 miles away and had power.

Read through but little time for personals, all hell is breaking loose here. Elina, PLEASE BE CAREFUL. You are presumably still bleeding (sorry very personal) and you don't want to hemorrhage.

Diane, how about the eastern Kansas rail-to-trail extravaganza? I think they have a spring race on the same trail I ran on last year, and that's a nice flat crushed limestone (mostly) trail that does have a 50m option as well as 50k and 100m. I would also suggest Des Plaines except that has a strict cutoff time of 11:30. I really had to push to make it in. Lisa did the (unofficial) 50K there last year by signing up for the marathon and not turning around at the marathon point.

Laura, you are turning 50? Your kids need to do something nice for you as does BF! Good luck at work.

No run. Didn't get to bed until 11. Hoping to make the gym today.

Docket_Rocket

Judy, nice job volunteering.

Sandy, haha.  Unless they changed the course, to me it was all hilly.  But now you get why.

Diane, I got a colored one and love it.  Thinking of ordering one to get the B&W next but have not decided.  Good luck!!!

Tessa, glad you have power back and good luck at the gym.

And for those wondering about the flat comment I made, this is Miami.  When I ask if something is flat and people tell me yes, this is what I assume you answered to.  Sorry, Chicago is not this flat, Indy is for sure not this flat, LA Marathon is nothing like flat in it, and OK Detroit is almost this flat.  But unless it's this flat, the race IS NOT FLAT.  OK?  Thanks.  Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Quick check in while I wait for them to call me back for my ultrasound. 10 absolutely gorgeous miles for me this morning.

I am so envious of all of you reporting cold weather. No relief in sight here. I hope Houston is cooler for the baseball people!

How about the coldest weather we’ve seen since February? Because that’s what we’re getting this weekend! Can’t wait.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

dhuffman63

Trails

Diane, how about the eastern Kansas rail-to-trail extravaganza? I think they have a spring race on the same trail I ran on last year, and that's a nice flat crushed limestone (mostly) trail that does have a 50m option as well as 50k and 100m. I would also suggest Des Plaines except that has a strict cutoff time of 11:30. I really had to push to make it in. Lisa did the (unofficial) 50K there last year by signing up for the marathon and not turning around at the marathon point.

Tessa I believe this is the one you did?  Prairie Spirit Trail Fall Classic 50 Mile...

It's on the 28th this year.  The one in the Spring is Mar 24th.  I signed up for the 50k but will probably just volunteer there.  I do want to do the Post Oak Challenge triple in Feb.  It's a HM/25k/HM over the 3 days.  That will kick off my training for the 50k at Pinelands.  I really want a rematch at Pumpkin but if KC is the next weekend I'll pass on that for the 50 miler.

dhuffman63

Trails

Kat, one reason I'm trying to get these distances done (with the 100 miler as my top goal) is with my retina condition I will eventually be legally blind and altho they have some great new tech there's no cure for what I have.  I want to be as independent as I can for as long as I can. DH is not a trail runner and really doesn't enjoy runs longer than 5ks so I hate to ask him to drive me to events where I'll be out there all day and possibly all night.