Womens Running

Wisp o' Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

Will be gone before we know it and on to Thursday!

Going for a gentle recovery run with RB then onto another day in work paradise.

Damaris-score one for the good guys!!

Tessa-sounds like another bad guy bit the dust.

Marjorie-it cooled down alright. high in 60's. ah.. Michigan.

Karen-hope your run or not run went well.  Columbus and OS may have a dairy store.

Lisa

Bikerchick1

Morning!

Lisa - Thanks for the info & invite to the Inn for Woodstock!  Does look like a fun event.  However, I would pass on the clothing optional part....that would not be a pretty sight ....I wear spandex for a reason....LOL.

Did not get to my  trail/hill run last night.  Had a work meeting that went on & on & on.....ridiculous.  Out now for a few before work.

Carol

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday I slipped into the grocery and found two loaves of my bread! Ahhhhhh!

Track run yesterday for 35 minutes. Slower than Monday, but I'll take it.

Today should be a track run. I have unearthed some CDs (onto which I had burned lots of songs) so I loaded them onto my Nano. It gives me a real lift to have new songs during my run.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Good Morning, we've made it to Hump Day

5.4 miles (tempo run) this am, cool and cloudy.

Lisa - I hope the day goes quickly.  Enjoy your run with RB!  Btw, wish you were up north this weekend, I'll be at my mom's in Traverse and could meet you on the trail.

Hi Carol - ugh, sorry about the work meeting, so frustrating!

Marjorie - yes, it definitely cooled down after the rain yesterday.  Not really good summer weather, but ideal for this morning's run lol

Hi Tessa, Camile, Ginny, Judy, Sue, AnnieSusan, Gatsby, Damaris, everyone I'm missing.....

Hi Ladies,

Sorry for not writing sooner!  Returned home on the 9th and then had to take DS to Chicago for his mission trip... then to West Branch area for Scout camp on Sunday.  Been trying to catch up!

It was an incredible trip... hard, but not too hard, emotional (maybe more so because of fatigue), beautiful, at times frustrating (whiny sometimes uncooperative Scouts)... Photos posted on FB.  I just set them to public so hopefully those of you not on FB can see them:
            https://www.facebook.com/susan.masten.9/media_set?set=a.10154333132255293.1073741902.528045292&type=1

More later... now out for a run.  I'm signed up for the Kensington Marathon on the 27th.  Any of my MI friends want to come cheer me on (my first full).  I may be crazy but after hiking at altitude and grades of 1700 ft or more elevation climbs in a couple of hours with full backpack, everyone tells me I can do this.  We'll see.  I'm planning on doing a lot of walking.

Susan

ginnyb

Judy....what is this famous bread that you have trouble getting?  Glad you found it1

Lisa....hope your recovery run went well.  It is cool here today too, feels like October and not July.

Karen....did you get your 12-miler in?  sorry that you have not been feeling the greatest.

Carol....there will be not "clothes optional" run for me either, although if people saw me naked they would certainly pick up their pace!

I had another spectacular 4 mile run this morning!  I did not walk once and maintained about a 12:00 minute pace and , again, I thought I was going at my slow pace.  I don't know what is going on, but I wish there were a way to know why I have been having these great runs.  It certainly is not normal for me to running this well at the faster pace.  I haven't changed anything in my routine or my eating habits, so it remains a mystery.....

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1 again today

Laura and Lisa the cooler temps are good for running at least.

Carol I hate meetings that never end

Susan congrats. I think the pics are great

great job Ginny

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Yay Ginny for a nice run at the faster pace!

Add me to the list of NOT doing clothing optional races. I don't have inhibitions about nudity, but I have no illusions either about this 51 year old, bore and breastfed two children, lost nearly 50 pounds in her 40s body. Geese are not the only things that have headed south. If I took my top off at Mardi Gras people would be throwing beads at me to get me to put it back on. Not to mention that why would you want to give the deerflies more of a target? (Ouch. That has raised a really horrible thought about where one would have to apply the deerfly tape.)

Karen, Jeanne (Hay Burner) from runango has asked if there is room at the inn in Hartford and Newport? I don't mind sharing but I don't want to say yes and find that we have exceeded the limit of people in the room(s). I have met Jeanne several times, she organised our Great River relay team in 2008.

Lisa, not sure what happened with the people the law enforcement officers were removing from their cars, but the officer wasn't pleased to have us appear suddenly from out of the darkness. Not that two women of masters age and in running gear including reflective vests are that threatening a demographic. Feeling well recovered?

Woodstock looks fun to me too but I can't justify out of town trips two weekends in a row. Nor can my budget handle it.

Judy, enjoy the bread and the new songs.

Laura, it's cooled down here too. I am actually worried about this weather for the Midwest. These temperatures are not what the crops need, especially since the planting was late after the cold weather well into the spring.

Susan/runnersmom, glad you had a good trip despite the whiney Scouts. Jeez. How old are they, six? I expect whining from people who have not reached double digits, not teenagers! Mission trip? Is he gone for two years?

5.1 this morning with RN. I got permission to install the fitbit one on my work computer so running with it. It is a cute little thing. I'm finding, though, that it interprets changes in elevation as flights of stairs even though I'm not climbing stairs, just running up hills!

LOL Tessa, Our sister troop at Philmont was LDS.... but last I know he didn't convert.  No just a few days with "Okemos Outreach" a student organization at the high school he just graduated from.  More later got another meeting to go to

Anonymous Guest

I did get my 12 in last night. It stopped raining as the train pulled into the staion, stayed dry for me to make it home, change and run 12, then started raining about 20 minutes after I was done! It was a tough run though. Temps had dropped with the storms but it was so muggy it was hard to breathe. And I was running 1.5 mile intervals at 7:45 pace with 1/2 mile recoveries.

Tessa, yes, absolutely we have room for Hay Burner. The hotel room has two queen beds and the apartment in Newport I think has 3 beds, 1 or 2 of them doubles....I'll have to check. But definitely enough room. There are quite a few runango people in that area it seems.

Back for more later. I had an early meeting up in PA this morning and just got home. Want to run a couple errands while I have the chance. It's beautiful here, so of course this is my last rest day of the marathon training plan. And I'm a little stiff from yesterday. So I'm going to take the rest day - next one scheduled is September 15.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, thanks. You might want to pop into that thread. Fry, runningteach, and cdocrun from runango are all planning to do the half, I think, Hay Burner was looking for a fall full -- she didn't realise Steamtown closes quickly. And a few people from WW marathons group are also planning to do it, mostly the full: Kris, Carole, Ness, I think that's all.

Yay for the 12!

Say WHAT? Your next rest day is September 15th? What plan are you following?

Went to run at lunch, got changed, was all ready...then I figured out I forgot my shoes.

So I ran barefoot, or more accurately in stocking feet. 6.02 miles. I think I sanded the skin off the bottoms of my feet, too. I am not a natural barefoot runner.

Judy-did you make the bread and sell it?

Carol-clothing is not OPTIONAL for me either.  Nor would I want to run behind someone who thought that it was.

Laura-someday!

Susan-awesome pictures!!  Thanks for sharing!  I will definitely come out and cheer you on.  maybe do a self supported loop with you too if that's okay. Not bandit-ing the race, just running a route that I have many other times with my own fuel and aid.

Ginny-I know!  I have long pants and a sweatshirt on!  In Detroit, in July.  Groan.  I do want summer.  Someone complained about the heat and I intend to track them down.   Just take the good runs!

Marjorie-nice miles!

Tessa-ha on the beads!  I am feeling well recovered.  During the marathon I felt good up until about 4.5 hours and then I was just tired. Makes sense.  I'll maybe do the half at Woodstock but I'm curious to see how strong I feel for Detroit.  Not focusing on fast but on feeling strong, I'm confident that speed will follow and if it doesn't I'd rather feel strong and slow then fatigued and slow.  LOL

Karen-sounds like you're sounding headache free at least.  good job on the run. no rest for a month??  I'll pass on that plan.

Oh.  I did run 4 miles this morning.  Saw a deer.  In a person's backyard.  We don't live in the country.

Lisa

Lisa, where has the year gone?  Its more than half over Sad  I would absolutely LOVE for you to come and cheer me on (and run an unsupported loop)!!!!  <3 <3  Yep, ran this morning in long pants.  Walked this evening with DH in long pants and long sleeves.  Crazy weather for July.  But at least DS's Scout troop is sweltering at camp like the past several years.

Carol, sorry about the unless meeting.  Hope you had a good run this am.

Judy, I was wondering the same thing.  Are you making and selling bread?

Laura, glad you had a great run.

Ginny, awesome job!  I'm so happy for you!!!  Don't question the great runs - just enjoy them!

Tessa, One of the whiny Scouts is 14 other was 17.  The 17 year old drove me absolutely nuts!!!  Oh well... they're not my problem now Smile

And no, not doing a clothing optional run either... with or without beads LOL  But Woodstock looks like fun. Let me consider the dates. I've looked at it in the past but it always fell around DD's birthday - but with her in grad school, it might work this year Smile

Karen, great job. Glad you feeling better (no headache).  I agree... what plan are you doing with no rest until September.

Well calling it  day!  Happy Thursday (since it is almost Thursday already)