Womens Running

Moving Ahead Monday Supermoms (Read 20 times)

runnergirl9508

RR: bootcamp followed by 5-6 miles. It's supposed to be in the 40's today and tomorrow, but then snow on Weds/Thurs?!

TR: was a really good kid this weekend. Insists on bringing his pillow, blanket, and "buddies" (stuffed animals) out of his crib and downstairs after his nap every day. He then arranges them on the floor in the living room. It's kind of cute. He tried and liked my homemade white bean soup this weekend, too. First time I've been able to get him to eat soup.

NRR: haven't sleep well for the past 3 nights. I fall asleep with no problem, but them wake up around 1:30 and doze in 20-30 minute spurts until I get up. So effin' annoying and I am beyond exhausted right now. It doesn't help that DH snores like a lumberjack (and he's already sleeping on his side so I can't get him to roll over). I'm thinking of calling my OB and asking if there's something I can start taking that will help me sleep all night long. I'm a cranky B when I don't get enough sleep. And 3hrs of sleep is NOT enough.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 8K easy, going to attempt running outside from the gym.  I haven't for months because the sidewalks have been impassable.

TR - wouldn't help DH clean up (as usual) and DH got really pissed and took the ipad away from him.  He'd ask DH every few minutes, "you happy now daddy? I love you!"

FR - swedish meatballs, baked potatoes, broccoli.

~~~~~~~

rg - have you tried melatonin?  I was advised to take gravol while in labour so I bet that is ok too.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

Zorbs- I will have to check into melatonin. I am not a medicine taker, even when not pregnant. I typically don't even take anything for a headache, I hate taking stuff. Hope you have a good run today! Our sidewalks are finally ice free too. Just in time for another snow storm! Lol on B asking G if he's happy.

NRR2/Rant: I hate when people say that poor sleep during pregnancy is just preparing you for when the baby gets here. Uh, no it's not. I expect to be woken up multiple times by a newborn, and I'm ok with that. It doesnt make me cranky. However, waking up/ not being able to fall back to sleep while pg is annoying.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  SRD.  Logged 22 miles over the weekend.  Its supposed to be 50* today which makes me sad that I am not running, but hoping to get out for a family walk.

TR:  Is FINALLY getting a hair cut today.  He needs it badly.  Took over a 3 hour nap yesterday.  Between late to bed Saturday, the time change, up "early" on Sunday, and church he was exhausted.  It was a nice break for DH and I!

BR:  Got really sick Friday night.  He nursed like normal then vomited for about half an hour.  DH and I were covered in it and it required a load of laundry.  Poor guy.  He slept awesome afterward, but we were both really scared.  We are thinking it was the teething gel we used because that was the only thing we had done differently all day.

NRR:  A couple things. 1)  I was thinking this morning about how much more sleep DH gets than I do.  I got up with H at 4:40 and that was it for the day.  DH was sleeping when I left at 6:30...sounds heavenly.  2)  We set a date for H's baptism but haven't decided on sponsors so the date was loose until we figured that all out.  Well, my mom went ahead and called people, told them the date, and started making plans.  She jumps all over things without the whole story.  Frustrating.

FR:  Went to Cheesecake Factory on Saturday night.  DH and I split a bottle of wine, I had a turkey burger, then we had chocolate raspberry cheesecake for dessert.  Yum...and I gained a few pounds.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - SRD, this week begins our 12 week marathon plan.  Hopefully my legs are all rested and ready to go after 2 weeks of easy runs.

KR - first day of preschool today, for real!  DH better take pictures.  I hope she has a great time at it.  Then afterwards MIL is taking her and she's got her first lesson in the next set of swimming lessons.

TR - still hasn't caught the cold flu thing that the rest of us have had... I hope it stays that way!  She is getting more and more opinionated and throws a fit if she doesn't get what she wants.

FR - totally forgot to plan anything for this... I was really tired last night.  I think we have a pizza in the freezer so maybe that, plus we've got coleslaw.

NRR - sick, but not too sick, just enough that I'm tired and don't feel great, I made it 14k yesterday but my energy felt really low.  I finally meet my actual boss at the new job today, have a meeting w/ him and then at noon he's taking me for lunch at a really nice restaurant.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - sorry about the bad sleep, I get in bad grooves like that all the time and it sucks.  Could you kick DH out of the room, or leave yourself?  I spent a lot of my pregnancy sleeping on the spare bed bc everything and anything disturbed my sleep.

zorbs - taking the ipad away is a great punishment!  HA funny how he tried to manipulate DH after though.  We are so far away from having ice free sidewalks... it's gonna take a month of warm temps I'm sure.

mer - nice running weekend!  I get annoyed sometimes with DH and all his sleeping too, he goes to bed later than I do but sleeps in so late in the morning (well until almost 7am most days).

Erniegirl

RR - 11k with 6 strides. I did a recovery run and ST yesterday and IT band is totally fine, so I think Saturday's pain  was caused by running over slippery, melting snow during my LR.

TR - STILL sleeping at 10:15 am. I poked my head in to check on her and she was talking in her sleep "Baby's cookies" and "hi puppy" so I guess we know what toddlers dream about now!

FR - Chicken pot pie

NRR - My friend signed us up for a Euchre tournament on Saturday. I feel like I need to practice, because I haven't played in a long time. Maybe I can find an online game.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

moxieluvah

rg - sorry for the lack of sleep, that is no fun at all. I hope it gets better soon!

zorbs - lol on the "are you happy daddy." i am hoping the side walks here clear up this week.

mer - cheesecake factory sounds awesome! great miles this weekend!

CA - enjoy lunch! I hope M loves her first day at preschool.

Ernie - 10:15?!?! my kids never make it past 7.

----

RR - SRD, got in good miles this weekend, a 24 and an 8 and my legs feel surprisingly good today

TR - the terrible twos are in full force, he makes everything miserable right now

NRR - need a date night with DH, his bday is the 17th so hopefully my mom can babysit this weekend and we can get dinner.

FR - breakfast burritos

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: We'll see if I get to go- pouring rain and DH is on nights. Might just wait til tomorrow.

TR: Was a good boy this weekend, very social. Spend the day with Papa and Uncle Nick and his cousins yesterday and had a blast.

FR: Corned beef tonight if I remember to throw it in the crockpot. Yesterday I pretty much just ate my weight in guacamole.

NRR: Stepsister's bridal shower wasn't bad. She told us she was pregnant so I didn't have to pretend to not know anymore. Bossman is back from vacation so I'll probably be pretty busy today. Have a great day!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- I have been sleeping poorly too. R ended up in bed with me last night because he kept screaming about his stuffy nose. I had really bad insomnia when pregnant. I basically fell asleep from like 9-2 and then would finally fall asleep again around 5 only to have to wake up in an hour.

zorbs- lol at appeasing daddy.

mer- my family is so haphazard about planning stuff, it makes me nuts. I have sleep envy of DH too, though he doesn't sleep much when he's working and makes up for it on his days off. But I never ever get to sleep in, I am up by 6:30 but usually more like 5:30 every day.

CA- glad your new job is going so well! Hope O stays healthy.

ernie- Is Euchre a card game?

moxie- I haven't had a date night in forever, but we are hoping to do a pub crawl on Saturday.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

RR -ran 62 miles last week, this week will be a down week/mini taper for half marathon on Sunday.

BR- has GI apt next week. He was in 3% size wise at 6mo apt, food seems to be an issue, plus seems like he would sleep better if he ate more. going to try more foods this week.  Have tried avacado, yogurt, oatmeal, babyfood in jars. Anyone have a go-to food? He's stll a very happy llittle guy hitting his milestones.

FR- had turkey tacos last night.

Rg- not fun about the sleep! are you in New England? yup, 40's today, snow wed/thur..

mer- good catch to think that the teething gel caused the sickness. wow, I never would have thought

CA- your legs will be fresh and ready to take on marathon training plan =) good luck! hope you feel better, get some energy back.

Mox- terrible twos, I am dreading this stage! eeek. hang in there.

KC born 7-14-13. RC born 7-21-15

Old PR's: 5k 19:36, 10mi 1:07:46, HM 1:30:04, M 3:06:19

Working on a Comeback after baby #2

superspike113

Honorary Old

E_rainrun- my kiddo loved whole milk yogurt. Another puree he liked was sweet potatoes + beets. He's a good eater though and not very picky. I started with kind of chunky purees to get him used to food textures.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

mer - G goes to bed maybe 10-15 min later than I do and gets up at 6:45-7; I get up at 4:45 and somehow he still argues that we get the same amount of sleep.

CA - what would you do without your MIL?

ernie - everyone in the music program at my high school played euchre in the halls between class, at lunch, etc....except for me.

moxie - wow, 24 miles is amazing!

spike - when is that wedding? did you find an outfit?

e_rain - my kid is the worst eater so no advice, sorry.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

beckykay

Hello Ladies!

RR:  Fun run on the trails tonight if I can get my act together.

KR:  Playdate with his buddy Elliott.  I am so lucky that Elliott's mom picks in up and I get to just head over there after work.  She is a lifesaver.

FR:  Pretty sure it will be chicken and rice but haven't discussed a menu with DH this week.  Need to get on it.

NRR:  Bossman is back so slam busy here.  Decided I am taking a break from FB checking.  Too much to do in the next few weeks.  Pretty sure I will still post updates, but won't be checking in on the Supermoms.  I have DC trip this weekend then Denver next weekend.  Two half marys that I will have to just suffer through because lord knows my training has been lacking this winter.

Ok, Lunch break time.  Will be back for personals later.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Ernie - glad the IT band is happy.  Crazy that she's asleep at 10:15, when did she go to bed?  M slept to 8:40 yesterday and that was crazy late for her, but her body obviously thought it was 7:40.

moxie - nice miles this weekend!  I think O's advanced and has already hit the terrible 2's... :-\  Hope you get your date night!

spike - ugh on the rain!  Mmm Corned beef... I should add that one to my grocery list.

E-rainrun - my O is 3% on the height scale, she eats good though and is just small, has yours always been small or is he dropping?  If he's maintaining his own curve then I've always been told not to worry.  Have you had his iron/bloodwork checked?  I have introduced food to both kids w/ baby led weaning and it has worked well for us, no purees though, just whatever the family is eating.

zorbs - I guess we'd have her in full time daycare at a big expensive center, there is no way we could do a half day preschool program while we both work fulltime.  Luckily MIL is awesome.

becky - hope you get  your trail run in!  I try not to check FB too much during the day, I just look via my phone anyway... it's way too time consuming!