Womens Running

IS MONDAY AN APRIL FOOL'S JOKE, DIVAS? (Read 24 times)

monk717

Hey divas!

RR: I ran 20 minutes yesterday! I keep surpassing my expectations... I guess thats the benefit of running through pregnancy because I didn't run much with A and my running is coming back way more easily this time. So hopefully soon some speed will follow! I'm aiming for a 5K in June but I'm betting I could do one sooner if I can coordinate it.

NRR: I posted a link on FB to a blogpost with our Easter pics, also posting it here. We had a fun Easter. The first part of this week is getting stuff done in preparation for going back to work on Thursday. I'm ready but not... there's so much to do! Some good friends are coming from out of town tomorrow so that will be fun.

MA runner girl

Hi ladies! I'm back from my appt. The NST is a non-stress test. They hooked me up to a monitor and measured the baby's heart rate as well as any contractions. Baby boy's heart rate is very strong and I had 4 contractions in the half hour I was hooked up! They weren't very strong, I barely felt them, but at least it's something! I had an internal check after and I'm 3 cm dilated and even more effaced than I was just on Friday, so hopefully something happens soon! I'm scheduled to be admitted on Thursday at 3:30. First they will start with a gel that can bring on labor more naturally and if that doesn't do anything overnight then they will start pitocin on Friday morning. Hopefully he decides its time to come before then, but either way we will have a baby by the weekend!

As I typed this I just had a more intense contraction... COME ON BABY!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

LucyBelle

Hello ladies!

RR: I need to run 5 miles today. I was supposed to do it over the weekend, but I was too lazy after staying up late with family and also binge-eating. MUST. GO. TONIGHT.

NRR: Hmmm lots to put here, I guess, maybe I'll separate them into different NRRs. So for those who have been following the job offer/UVM saga, I have the official job offer, BUT CRF still hasn't heard anything from UVM. As of last Tuesday, the grad program director said candidates should hear "within a week." If he doesn't hear by tomorrow, I will likely have to pass on the job offer. Cry CRF also found out on Saturday that he got into the University of Southern California and now he's chomping at the bit to go there, but I don't want to move across the country from all my friends and family sooooo...things are a bit tense in our household.

NRR2: My grandmother, who suffered a stroke Friday, is home now. MRI confirmed she suffered an occipital stroke on the right side, so mainly her vision was affected, but not permanently. The MRI also showed she had suffered the same type of stroke on the left side at some point, which she didn't even know. Her carotid arteries are clogged and her cholesterol is sky high, so they'll be treating those issues.

NRR3: Had a blast this weekend with my cousins, siblings, and baby H!!!!!

LucyBelle

MArunner: 3 cm is legit!!!! COME ON BABY C!!!!!!!!

outwestrunner

Sassy - Glad to hear G doesn't have an ear infection. I must say, I feel a bit like a BA right now. It's a good way to start out the week.

Monk - Nice work on the 20 minutes!! You'll be back in no time.

MA - Ooh!! I'm with Lucy - 3 cm is getting there!! Fingers crossed!

Lucy - Oh man.. can CRF try calling UVM again?

NorCal

Good morning ladies! 

Happy April Fool's Day! Trying to think of a good joke to play on DH, but not coming up with anything good. Any ideas!?

RR. Had a fabulous 10 miler yesterday with my running group in the Berkeley hills followed by brunch with them. So nice! Today is a rest day! March was 106 mile month, should have been about 140, but missed a whole week from the flu and missed a couple of short runs too. Oh well, still my highest month in AGES.

NRR. Working later, but this morning, I'm making some homemade veggie burgers to freeze for the week for dinners on the nights I'm out at work late. Nothing else super exciting going on... Haha.

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

NorCal

Sassy- You're so close to being done with the grant! That must feel good. Glad G doesn't have an ear infection, but hoping he gets better soon. How cool how much he loved the bike and the tricycle! Fun!

Athena- Awesome stats for March and congrats on your MVP award!! Looking forward to our lunch next Saturday, if we're still on for it! Smile

Lucy- Man, that's quite a dilemma for you guys! I hope you guys can come to a good conclusion!

Lizo- Almost done with that shower! Our bathroom remodel took AGES, so I feel your pain!

Monk- 20 minutes is awesome!! Good for you! Love the kids' Easter pics, they are SO CUTE!

PRs: 

SassySparky

MA - that's great! I wasn't even 3 cm when i had been in labor for 18 hours (with about 6 hours of intense contractions) hahah so you are well on your way.  come on baby C!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

NorCal

MA- Thanks for the update! Hope baby C comes before Friday. 3cm seems good, right!?

PRs: 

SassySparky

Lucy - I understand how hard it is to move away from family, especially at this stage in your life. I know a lot of my friends in grad school had significant others who were not excited about having to move around for jobs/training. That being said, I'll play devil's advocate since I've done cross-country moves away from family twice. It's actually kind of exciting to get to move somewhere new, especially when you are in a solid relationship and have that aspect of familiarity when you are in a new environment. And having a kid without family close by is tough sometimes (like when G is sick and big d and I really can't take off of work), but it's doable. That being said, neither Big D nor I are extremely close with our parents or siblings. I know the timeline of grad school is open ended and it's hard to know how long you will be away, but I can imagine its really hard for CRBF to know that he got into the best possible program for what he wants to do and not know if he can go or not.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

Blu_Runs

Hi, ladies!

Long time, no post from me.

Just wanted to drop in and send some labor vibes to MA!

Lucy-I'm sorry about your dilemma and your grandmother. Hope things resolve for you two quickly.

RR-60 burpees. Whoohoo. Getting back into running tomorrow after a week off.

NRR-First day of the Spring Quarter is today. I'm doing the steel bridge team again, and we're 25 days from competition and no bridge. Eek. This week will be an intense bridge fabrication.

Gotta jet. Have a great April Fool's Monday...if that's not an oxymoron.

LucyBelle

Sassy: Yeah, I totally agree with your points. However, I do suffer from extreme anxiety and I feel like I need my support network. Being a couple thousand miles away from my family/friends and having CRF away for long hours of class/lab time = recipe for disaster for me. Especially if I have to go off of my meds when we want to start a family. I feel badly that this is a hindrance for him, but I am hoping we can reach a compromise that will allow us both to have our needs met.

outwestrunner

Lucy - When would you two want to start your family?   How many years after you get married?

LucyBelle

Outwest: We have talked about starting to try after one year of marriage/when I turn 30. We're getting married days before I turn 29, so our one year anniversary and me turning 30 will coincide. I don't want to wait much longer than that to start trying since I have irregular cycles and a blood clotting disorder that automatically makes the risk of miscarriage higher and any pregnancy will be considered high risk.

LucyBelle

Double post!