Womens Running

Mah-valous Monday (Over 40) (Read 21 times)

At least in the title of this thread.

Off to gym.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday I had a 40 minute easy run with coach. I have been really tired so it was good to do a light run. Work has been very physical and the time changed. I’m hoping work will calm down.

Saturday was SDO

Sunday was a great 45 minutes on the track. Friends run at that time as well so it is a happy time. I need those lately. I picked up the speed a little.

Today will be an errand and a light easy track run. Yesterday I got new running shoes and am very excited to try them. I got Brooks Adrenaline GTS 14.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Lisa - My phone freezes quickly outside....even when it is buried in pockets.  Nice to see you posting your runs!

Tessa - Nice job on the "decluttering" and the running!

Judy - Hope you got some rest this week-end, but sounds like you were pretty busy!

Running in "the forest" today with RB.  Waiting until the temp rises above the single digits.

Carol

camille2

Carol, nice job on the half in  that wind! Bonus miles in there.  I haven't been to Cumberland Waterfalls if you mean the ones in KY. I'm confused by the "by Clarion" comment.

Lisa, it's so nice to read those kind of miles from you!  Congrats to Katie!

Cindy, woo-hoo on the 2nd in  AG!  Too bad you didn't feel good, but boy are you tough to hang in there for a fast race.

Tessa, you have so much energy!  I'm not surprised at the stuff you found...I found similar stuff and it had been shipped to AK.   : ).  Of course, I shipped some of our stuff back other people would wonder about.  On the super short trails...they are rooty single tracks along a lake or creek, but the longest is 1 mile. : )

Ginny, bonus miles to you, too, for that run!

Marjorie, cute pups!

Karen, I hope that migraine is gone.

Demaris, sometimes I wonder if the paces are correctly calibrated on the TM's. It's like the 2 elliptical machines at the bym-one killed my quads and the other wasn't too bad.

Laura, hope you had a nice weekend.

Hi judy!

It poured here yesterday so I just did stairs when I got home last night. Spent Sat night at my mom's and went to several shops on the quilt shop hop. It's still raining, but I'm hoping I can get in 3 this afternoon. I'm working on taxes.

Does anyone have news from Gatsby? I'm wondering how that adventure is going.

Bikerchick1

Camille - This waterfall is supposed to be 15 miles from Clarion, Kentucky.  There is supposed to be a "moonbow" that occurs during a full moon.   Just wondered if it was worth the drive.

Carol

Howdy!  I tried to post yesterday, but it wouldn't let me for some stupid reason.

Saturday did 13 miles with running buddy.  Poured the rest of the weekend.  I did get out for a quick 5 miles on Sunday between down pours.  Ugh.  My yard is underwater AGAIN.

Group Power this morning.  Tired for some reason--I think it was all the hand work and knitting--lol.

Have a great day!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day but will do spring cleaning. I wanted to seal the garage floor but colder temps and tons of rain isn't allowing me to.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Camille still raining here like crazy. We had lots of rain yesterday and looks the same today.

Lisa as hope the gym went well

Carol such crazy weather this year. Hope the temps rise!

Judy ahhhhh new shoes!

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  We are expecting to break another record for HEAT.  Ugh.  Might go above 90F today and when I got out of the house, my lungs almost quit.  Bleh.  Dentist appointment tonight, so either 0, 5, or 9 miles, depending on time.

Lisa, enjoy the gym.

Judy, enjoy your new shoes!

Carol, hope the forest run goes well.

Camille, I have wondered that too but the TM is new so you would think it's well calibrated?  Sounds like a great weekend for you.

Sue, I hate when the rain interferes with the running.  Nice job squeezing the runs throughout.

Marjorie, enjoy the rest!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Sigh. 8 inches of snow. Office closed, trying to work from home. I have so much to do since our big Spring Meeting is less than two weeks away. This winter needs to just go. DH is out shoveling. I just got off a really long conference call, then realized that although I remembered to bring my computer home, I left a bunch of stuff I needed at work on Friday. At least the dog seems happy - his people are here.

Rest day from running here, thank goodness - I don't want to go back to the TM. I'll probably do an hour on the bike trainer at some point just to keep my sanity.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Happy St. Pat's day ladies!  I got back yesterday from my Antarctica adventure, and what an experience it was.  I put my trip/race report in a new thread here since it's a "little" long.    I was totally off the grid for a full two weeks and hope everyone here has been doing well.   I'm "working from home" today and struggling to get my head back into regular day-to-day stuff again.  Sigh.

Karen, I saw that DC is getting even more snow!  That's crazy.

Damaris, hopefully you have continued to recover well from your surgery in February and are out and about again.  Yuck on the heat.

Marjorie, please send some of that rain out to California!  Apparently there wasn't much while I was gone and we're still having a drought.

CrazySue, ditto what I said about about rain!

Carol, I hope you had a nice run in the forest. A "moonbow" sounds super cool.

Camille, sorry about the rain (see above about sending some my way) and good luck on the taxes.  A project I need to start soon...

Judy, hope the new shoes worked out well.

Lisa, congrats to your daughter and glad you're out and about running again.   Knee feeling okay, I hope?

Hi to everyone else.  Will try to skim through the past few days of posts and catch up....  Don't forget to wear green today!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

camille2

Gatsby, love the report!

I'm taking a break from the taxes.  I've decided to set the alarm in 30 min increments to work on them.

My weight is up to my max tolerated for the second time this winter. Lose it, gain it.   Urgghh.   I did my miles and have decided I'll walk a few extra miles/wk. That should burn a few.

LC Runs

I am losing it, I don't think I posted at all this weekend

6 miles Saturday, 8.2 yesterday and 3.1 tonight after work.  All outside yippee.  Cold, but the roads are finally clear of ice!

I did some weights this morning, managed to tweak my back and it's been bothering me all day. BUT, the run felt okay and it feels better now.  Geez, I feel old lol!!

Hi Lisa - hope the gym was good this morning!

Judy - great track workouts

Carol - did you run St. Pats yesterday?  Due to the temps, I was glad I didn't sign up, for some reason running from my house in single digits was preferable to racing (not sure what the difference is lol)

Hi Camille!  Thanks for the shout out, I did have a nice weekend.  Too short, of course!

Marjorie - ohh, spring cleaning!  I need to get on that bandwagon!

Hi Damaris - ugh on the heat, I vote we ALL get some mild temps

Karen - ugh, I am so over the snow!!  Hope it clears quickly

Gatsby - heading over to read your report!

Arimathea

Tessa

Laura, the difference is that one you have to pay for (the race), the other you don't (from your house) so if you didn't pay you don't feel so guilty if cutting it short.

Susan, you always wanted a swimming pool, didn't you?

GatsbyBird, welcome back. Will go look at your report when I'm finished posting this.

Camille, ugh, taxes. Good luck.

Karen, MORE snow? You need to move back to California. It was 80 something here yesterday. Mind you, we did have a 4.5 shake this morning, but you can't have everything.

Judy, what's up that you need happy runs? Just tired of winter?

Carol, hope the temp rose above single digits at some point.

Marjorie, not even sure what sealing the garage floor is, but certain we have not done it.

Damaris, ugh, hope you survive the dentist. And the heat.

Garage is still holding too many cardboard boxes, but it's getting better. A couple of neighbours asked what they could do to help and I asked if I could put trash and recycling in any space they have in their garbage and recycling bins. Ours are going to be full again. Front door and garage door are still in progress. Next step will be to haul the couch and carpet in the living room to the curb for bulky item pickup, but that may have to wait until next week.

4 this morning, solo, RN is doing speedwork on Monday for the next few weeks since Boston is 5 weeks today. Then 7.03 on the TM at lunch. Class tonight so I won't get home until late.