Womens Running

Freaking out for Friday - Preggos (Read 29 times)

Laura G in Idaho

I'm on much later than planned, so this will be quick.

Thank you to all who appreciated my words yesterday.  There is even more to the story, but I didn't want to write a novel, lol!  I always worry about sharing like that, wondering if people are doing major eye rolls, or if maybe some little piece of it might help someone else.

PGR:  27 weeks today.  Just one more week until I count myself officially into the 3rd trimester.  This is where I start to answer how many weeks I have left when people ask how far along I am.  Te he he!

NPGR:  Still have congestion, sneezing, and coughing, but I'm so glad to be on the mend.  I took 11 days off of exercising, and I really miss it!

ER:  Plan to walk 2 miles and do my new sculpting DVD today.  A very low-intensity workout, but I want to ease back into it, since I'm still not feeling 100%.

Back later for personals and to check on Ozzy!

MA runner girl

Sasha - Huh, I did not even make that connection! But I have a log of my measurements at each appt so I just checked. My M/W has always said I measured perfectly and I have always measured the exact cms. So at 31w4d I was 32 cm, at 29w4d I was 30 cm, all the way back to 21w4d I was 22 cm. I'm sure if they aren't concerned though, you are fine. As Liz said, if you are a smaller person then it makes sense. I am average size in every way so it makes sense! I hear ya on the sugar, good luck cutting back.. it's tough!

Schmetterling - Hate to say it, but you will only get more sore during/after runs!!! I never really had issues with butt/thighs, but my issue is my lower legs get really sore while running. It hasn't gotten any better, I just sort of learn to live with it. Though it didn't get really bad until 24 weeks probably.

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

MA runner girl

I hope that not hearing from Ozzy means good things are happening!!!!

Laura - I can't imagine anyone reading that story and rolling thier eyes. I like that you tell people the weeks left... that's a good idea!! I think saying you are 32 weeks doesn't seem as close as saying you have 8 weeks left. I might steal that from you! Smile Man, that was one serious case of the flu! I hope you are 100% asap.

MA runner girl

Oh I realized I forgot to post the stuffed portebella mushroom recipe I made last night. It was SUPER good. Instead of just mexican rice, added black beans to add some protein since I wasn't making anything else to go with it. I definitely recommend this!!

Mannluna

PG: 25w5d.  Nothing new.  Yesterday I was feeling kinda blah but I think was due to lack of sleep. 

ER:  Skipped yesterday's workout.  Usually Friday is my rest day but I plan on going to the gym for some cardio after work.

NPGR: I want to work on cleaning out the office and garage this weekend.  Really fun stuff....lol

MA: You're doing great with all your running!!

Veg:  I registered at Target and Buy Buy Baby.  I did two stores because BBB is kinda far for some people.  I'm not big on "baby" themes or characters for the nursery.  I found a lot of cool ideas on Pinterest and Etsy.  I plan on getting a wall decal from Etsy for $25.  I found some really cute free prints online and had them printed at Coscto in various sizes for less than $8.  I found some cheap frames at the Dollar Store but I'm having trouble finding cheap 12x12 frames so I might have to order those online. I don’t really have a set theme just piecing things together in my color scheme.

DrT: I remember that feeling.  I wanted a bump rather than just looking like a gained way too much holiday weight in the mid section.  Then one morning I just "popped" out.

Liz: thats good news about your ankle!!!  Sounds like we're having the same exciting weekend.

Monk:  Hope your feeling better.  I've had good luck with Target clearance for maternity tops.  Enjoy your new stove.

Trozy: Enjoy dinner with your friends.  I didn’t know when we announced that we were PG that my SIL was also trying.  Had I known it would have been harder to tell her. I'm sure they'll be happy.

Sash: your oatmeal sounds yummy!

Mannluna

PG: 25w5d.  Nothing new.  Yesterday I was feeling kinda blah but I think was due to lack of sleep. 

ER:  Skipped yesterday's workout.  Usually Friday is my rest day but I plan on going to the gym for some cardio after work.

NPGR: I want to work on cleaning out the office and garage this weekend.  Really fun stuff....lol

MA: You're doing great with all your running!!

Veg:  I registered at Target and Buy Buy Baby.  I did two stores because BBB is kinda far for some people.  I'm not big on "baby" themes or characters for the nursery.  I found a lot of cool ideas on Pinterest and Etsy.  I plan on getting a wall decal from Etsy for $25.  I found some really cute free prints online and had them printed at Coscto in various sizes for less than $8.  I found some cheap frames at the Dollar Store but I'm having trouble finding cheap 12x12 frames so I might have to order those online. I don’t really have a set theme just piecing things together in my color scheme.

DrT: I remember that feeling.  I wanted a bump rather than just looking like a gained way too much holiday weight in the mid section.  Then one morning I just "popped" out.

Liz: thats good news about your ankle!!!  Sounds like we're having the same exciting weekend.

Monk:  Hope your feeling better.  I've had good luck with Target clearance for maternity tops.  Enjoy your new stove.

Trozy: Enjoy dinner with your friends.  I didn’t know when we announced that we were PG that my SIL was also trying.  Had I known it would have been harder to tell her. I'm sure they'll be happy.

Sash: your oatmeal sounds yummy!

runswithrocky

veg - we registered at Target and found some nice wall decals that weren't "baby" at old world market (aka cost plus).  A lot of stores carry different stuff online vs. in the store.  We found a cute wooden monkey at BRU in store, but it wasn't online.  Same with the bedding.  I basically bought the stuff I wanted like bedding, carseats, & strollers from the place with the best product and/or price and then put the rest of the stuff that didn't really matter, like tub toys, diapers, wipes, cheap swings, bumbo, etc. on my registry.  That way people had stuff from $5-$100 bucks on the registry and all the "big stuff" we took care of through family members who basically asked to get the big stuff for us and appreciated that we did all the research, etc.  Like my MIL bought our stroller, but sent us a check for it since we got it at REI using discount coupons, etc. so it was way cheaper than if she had tried to get it herself.

Plus anticipate that a lot of people will bring clothes from all different stores, so I didn't even bother putting any clothes on our registry.

Mannluna

I went back to yesterday's post.

Laura: thank your for sharing your story.  I cant imagine how hard that would be.

Sorry I dont know how I posted twice and dont know how to deleted the second posted.

trozy

monk - I recall you posting at some time that you and DH were going to Madison or Milwaukee for a dinner or night. Which made me think you were likely from WI or near by. I'm the Fox Cities area (Green Bay/Appleton).

DS is 4 (my due date is just 6 days before his 5th birthday) so he gets it. I think just the concept of 6 months is a little beyond him.

Mann - I too need to work on cleaning our "office" which is actually the nursery with a desk in it. We are working on finishing our basement which is where the office/desk will move to, but I have a lot of work cleaning and organizing before we move stuff. Not looking forward to that project.

sashannadelina

Laura: I too read your story yesterday. So tough. Thanks for sharing though. It is great to see how the Lord can bring you peace even through such a difficult situation. I hope your oldest is able to fully heal and not continue to blame himself for what happened. I'm the oldest of 7 so I can't even imagine if that happened to me! Glad you are on the mend finally. The Perfect Pregnancy Workout is great! I use it and it is so awesome for days when I want to work out but can't bring myself to do Jillian Michaels. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Mann: Good luck with your workout and cleaning. I always plan to clean and somehow never get around to it. Doesn't help that DH is always like, "Just read a book. Don't work hard. It's your day off." I never get anything done!

MA: I'm pretty average I think, though slightly on the short side (Just shy of 5'3"). I usually weigh on the higher side of normal BMI. My measurements are a little less than my weeks normally, but, like I said, the midwife has never been concerned. Interesting to know though.

monk717

My new annoyance of the day... I still haven't heard anything on my maternity leave paperwork being approved and I turned it in almost three weeks ago. I was told on Tuesday mine was the next in line. How much work really goes into approving a maternity leave request??? What do I do if I have the baby really early and its still not approved? Not that I expect that to happen, but what if?

MA: Glad you had a good appointment last night! Hope you can get some good progress done on the nursery this weekend.

vegefrog: I'm not sure I actually said welcome, so welcome! I'm glad you are motivated to keep running! I ran up until 30 weeks and am looking forward to getting back to it as soon as I can. In my first pregnancy we kind of looked all over for things. We got furniture at Burlington Coat Factory, carseat/stroller at Babies R Us, lucked out finding bedding there too on clearance after searching online for a pattern I'd like.... I did registries at BRU and Target, duplicated some things, and then used the completion coupons to get the rest of the stuff we needed. My family doesn't shop off registries to that wasn't really helpful. We did stick with the more convenient the first time but this time I've bought a lot more stuff online, but we also don't need a lot of new stuff. I got a new dresser for A online from Walmart, am getting a bed from a friend at work, car seat and clothes from my sister and I'm going to get some pump supplies on amazon.com O think. I've looked on pinterest for some decorating ideas too... I think just shop around and get stuff where you find it. When it comes to registry you'll want to pick something that people have access to... if you pick Target but none of your family has target nearby thats not really going to work.

DrT: Hi! I loved it when my bump really became a bump instead of just pudge. Have fun telling your friends!

liz: Sorry about your ankle! I've had plenty of sprains and my most recent may have been made worse by the fact that I continued running on it since it was dark outside (early morning) and I was 2 miles from home! It might be a good idea to try and stick to the treadmill. I've been seeing my chiropractor for almost three years. When you first start going its pretty frequent to get the sore stuff recovering but then it gets spaced out more. That stinks that your insurance only covers 12 visits because it can be really beneficial to go even after your initial problem is settled (or if you're like me, my problem never seems to really settle!).

trozy: I ran the Green Bay half this year and was so disappointed by my result in that heat! I also have some family in the Appleton area. Glad to have another Wisconsinite here. My DD, A, is 3 and I think she kind of gets it but didn't care too much at first. She's definitely getting it more though as I'm bigger! I think she's really excited but I think it will be a hard adjustment for her to have to share me.

sashanna: I am thrilled to be almost done but I definitely go back and forth between wanting him to be here early or to wait! I'd think measuring perfect would be the same # cm as weeks, but I know you can be plus or minus up to 3 and still be considered normal. I had to have a growth u/s with A because I consistently measured above that 3, but this time I've measured perfect (except for one day was +3) even though I feel so much bigger this time! I think your 31 at almost 33 weeks probably isn't a cause for concern unless you get further behind.

schmett: I found various things were sore after various runs, one time I'd get so sore, next time would be fine. I still get like that even though I'm no longer running. My ankles would hurt a lot after runs. I'm sure its just all the stretching. Just try not to overdo it and I'm sure you'll be fine.

laura: Write however much you want! You always have really interesting things to say. I'm glad you're finally on the mend.

mann: I too have to clean... so annoying but so necessary and still baby related if its to make room for baby. Maybe I will check target clearance. I'm just annoyed to be buying stuff now when I didn't buy anything new until this week (and I'm sure DH is annoyed too, but he always lets me get what I want).

sashannadelina

So, cue the Avett Brothers "Shame" as I divulge that I tried a Denise Austin video because it was free for streaming on Amazon Instant Video... Even worse is the fact that I actually enjoyed it. It is hard for me to get in low impact cardio now that I no longer have access to a gym. Seems like her free videos might be a good alternative to the eliptical and pool that I can no longer use. Yes, her attitude is annoyingly peppy, but I get a good cardio workout. I would not pay to do them, but for free I'll try anything! Anyway, that's my preggo confession for the day...

DrTremendous

sashanna - Well, I've never seen a Denise Austin video, so I can't comment on that.  However, I am listening to the Avett Brothers station on Pandora and it's awesome, so all I heard was that you're awesome due to the Avett Brothers reference Big grin

Ozzyoi

OMG, time flew so fast I totally thought today was friday and I'd have time to check in with the latest goss!!

So...long story short (for now) our daughter Charlie Kaye entered the world at 7.43am yesterday (uh, apparently that was Friday) weighing 7lbs 14oz. She was born at home and everything really went exactly as I thought it would to a fair degree...the only thing I didn't account for was that indian buffet lunch from a couple of days earlier coming back to be a prominent feature....  Big grin ha ha, I'm sure that'll keep you hanging for the birth report on Monday. Our family back home is excited because Charlie arrived on Australia Day...easy for them to remember in the future.

We are a little short on sleep i guess although yesterday was meant to be "sleep and recovery"...today is "lets work on that latch and encourage some breast milk" regular feeds day...truly the most amazing feeling to have given birth to a baby; DH and I sat and cried for the first few minutes, it was overwhelming.

Enjoy your weekend ladies, I'll try and get a pic up on FB!!

MA runner girl

Yay Ozzy! Congratulations! I looove Charlie as a girl's name. So happy that you got the home birth you wanted. Can't wait to hear more.