Womens Running

Fun filled Friday - Supermoms (Read 22 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

I'm talking about fun in the future...not today in particular.

ER - SRD.

RR - registered DH and I for the 5K in London, Ontario in a couple of weeks.  B registered for the kid's race.

TR - was SUCH a #$%@& yesterday.  My parents came over, we went to the grocery store.  He usually sits well in the cart, but he was thrashing around and yelling.  Then continued and escalated in the car and at lunch, he kept kicking me from the back seat, punched my mom in the face and then laughed.  Oh and any time he wasn't doing this he was tantruming.  Was SO glad to drop him off at daycare!

FR - spaghetti & meatballs, with a twist.

NRR - planned our driving route to Richmond to pass through New York and spending the night in rg's neck of the woods on the Thursday night!  There will be a mini supermoms meetup with wine!

~~~~~~~~

nola - count down the days until you're cleared to run again!  Can you ride the stationary bike or even TM walk?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

zorbs: can't wait for Nov!!! Sorry for the rough day with B, guess that's one benefit of daycare- being able to drop the kids off and get a break from their crankiness.

RR: heading out for 7 soon. It's ridiculously dense fog, otherwise I would have run earlier.

TR: he's TWO today! Party tomorrow, just going to hang out and play today Smile. My mom will be here when he gets up from his nap, which will make him super happy.

NRR: need to grocery shop this morning and bake his cake. I probably won't be able to make it back for personals, sorry!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CTimesTwo

Hi ladies,

ER - the elliptical session I was supposed to do yesterday...

TR - not a happy camper last night..had only 1 short nap at my mom's, barely ate dinner, was clinging to DH, then threw a tantrum when DH had to leave to deal with rental issue... after I read her a book and snuggled her, she actually fell asleep on me, something she hasn't done since I BF'd... i guess I shouldn't be surprised at her mood, when I'm tired I'm a total grump too..

NRR - took the afternoon off again (although manager hasn't approved it yet, he's so slow with reading his emails!) since work is lacking.. going to run a couple errands and then hopefully a nap!

zorbs - ugh, sorry about the rough day with B... crying I can deal with but it's when it gets screeching loud, I start losing my patience..

rg - happy birthday to R!  hope the party goes well!

RR: No running today, just a long walk with the dog since I have 14m on tap for tomorrow..

Zorbs: Let us know how the spaghetti turns out. DH and I have never found a sauce we agree on

RG: happy b-day to R!  Hope the party is a ton of fun! I have DS's party on Sunday and haven't done a thing to get ready..

Cx2: my boss would die if I took an afternoon off b/c work was slow.  he actually called me the other day b/c he couldn't get in touch with me at my desk at 5pm the other day and thought I was taking advantage of  him... I was actually in my assistants office helping her with something..

mrszackmorris

rr: srd today. Running a half marathon relay tomorrow with my best guy friend. dh is doing the 5k.

kr: still a no go on the tooth fairy...

tr: attempting to ride a 2-wheeler with little luck.

br: has now discovered Pete the cat. We have the audiobooks and he dances and when it's over he says, "more Pete!"

nrr: race partner friend is coming up tonight. No plans other than the race. Hopefully getting together with our friends and their kids at some point this weekend.

fr: spaghetti tonight.

----------

zorbs/rg: very fun about the mini meet up!

rg: happy birthday to r!!

cx2: have a great afternoon off!

dexy: good luck with the 14 tomorrow!

Erniegirl

ER - Yoga & core

TR - I was making dinner and talking to my friend on the phone. S was sitting at the table colouring. Suddenly I was like "Hmm, she's being awfully good and quiet" and discovered she was sitting on top of the table and had torn a coffee cake to shreds and was eating fistfuls of it.

FR - Lasagna, salad.

NRR - Doctor's appointment this afternoon so I can hopefully figure out why my stupid cycle is messed up.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - SRD, LR tomorrow.

TR - I think I'm going to take her to the splash pad after O's nap, we will have a picnic and play.  It's supposed to be nice today, and I've decided I should spend as much time outside as I can until I'm back at work.

BR - she's completely covered in yogurt right now, and smearing it on my china cabinet... she also discovered splashing in the bath last night, she'd wail at the water and then splurt looking like she wanted to know why she could not breathe anymore, and then do it again, it was a very wet experience for all.

FR - bbq steaks I think.

NRR - I think I might try to work on my race quilt this afternoon.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Erniegirl

zorbs - Hope the weather is cooperative for that 5k so you can get a huge PR! Have you made those meatballs before? You'll have to let me know how they turn out. I'm not sure I approve of making meatballs less fatty, lol. I'm jealous of your supermom meetup and wine with rg!

Rg - Happy birthday to R! Hope the cake and the party turn out great!

cx2 - Sorry about the grumpy baby last night. While dealing with grumpy babies is no fun, I am always kind of happy when S is in total meltdown mode from missing/not getting a long enough nap, because it means she's nowhere near ready to stop napping. Enjoy your afternoon off!

dexy - Have a good lr tomorrow!

Mrszm - Good luck at your relay tomorrow - sounds like fun! I've never heard of this Pete the Cat but I should look into it because it sounds like something S would love.

CA - Enjoy the splash pad! Ours is a two minute walk from our house so we go almost every day. Ha ha, sounds like O is getting into some serious shenanigans. Fun, but messy!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

nolamama

CQTM

Morning Ladies,

ER: I'm QUITE sore from yesterday. I think the plank rows with dumbbells did me in. Hurts so good, right? I think I'm going to try and bike today as my upper body cannot handle anything else right now.

TR: Like I posted late yesterday, she was bit by a classmate yesterday. Apparently her feelings were hurt (which makes my heart sad!) as she likes all her classmates. She was OK today, but clingy, which is becoming more and more usual.

FR: Pork ragu over gnocchi

zorbs - going to try the bike today. Dr. said as long as it didn't hurt, then I could do it, but to back off at any sign of pain. Sorry B was being a sh**! The mini supermoms meet up sounds fun, and then rg gets to hang out too! I casually mentioned to DH to let me know if he has be in Richmond that weekend cuz I'm going if so. Probably not running (well maybe the 8k) and chances are low, but you never know!

RG - Happy Birthday R!! Enjoy the day with your little man!

cx2 - I totally love the moments when A sleeps on me now. It makes you miss when they were so little and just wanted to be held all the time.

Dexy - my MIL gave me her homemade spaghetti sauce recipe. I can't go back to anything premade. I used to start with a jar of something and then add a bunch of ingredients but that tastes like crap now, too. I could take the afternoon off, but it would come out of my vacation, which I'm totally not willing to do.

mrszm - how long is your leg tomorrow?

ernie - I'm dying to try yoga. You think it's something I could do now since I'm sidelined?

CA - good idea to get outside as much as possible, now. The weather will probably start to turn up there, soon, huh? I bet it's so nice...I'm dreaming of being able to actually be outside during the day and enjoy it.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - happy birthday to R! I am super excited for November too, I checked out reviews of the restaurant you were talking about and it sounds fantastic.

cx2 - enjoy your nap.

mrszm - is the HM relay 10.5K?

dexy - I've never made sauce before, but the one in the link I posted is supposed to be mind blowing and the secret ingredient is butter.

ernie - did you leave the coffee cake on the counter?  No I haven't made those meatballs before and while DH generally doesn't have a problem with tofu, I'm debating telling him that it's in the meatballs.  Why haven't you and I had a supermoms drunkfest yet?!

CA - enjoy the park!

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - ugh I hate those toddler days, but yay for getting to ditch him at daycare. Let us know how the meatballs turn out... I'd have to keep the secret ingredient hidden from DH for sure! How far is it to Richmond? I drove from TO to where my IL's are in NH (near boston) in a day.

RG - Happy birthday R!! Hope he has a fun day, yay for grandma visiting!

cx2 - boo to the cranky toddler, but yeah lack of sleep will do that.

dexy - enjoy the RD!

mzm - good luck with the HM tomorrow!

ernie - lol on S and the cake! I hope your dr can give you some answers, that would be frustrating.

nola - we have really nice autumn's here, it won't get really cold until close to christmas or after, but the hot weather won't be around much longer (and I know hot is relative...)

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Erniegirl

Nola - Aw, poor A and the biting. I think getting bitten might be a rite of passage for toddlers. I'm assuming you can do any non impact exercises while sidelined, right? Yoga would probably be great! Honestly, I'm not really that much of yoga lover (but I feel really good after doing it) as I get bored with it pretty easily, so I always look for yoga workouts that are flow/strength type and aren't any longer than half an hour.

zorbs - Seriously! I think we could have a pretty epic drunk fest Smile Yup, the coffee cake was on top of the table. It was covered, so I didn't think it was in danger of attack, but I was clearly wrong.

armmama

Morning!

rg - happy birthday to R!!  I can't believe L will be 2 in just a few weeks

RR - ran 7 this morning, DH joined me for the last 4 so I was forced to pick up the pace to keep up with him.  So quiet and peaceful, only saw like 5 cars the whole time.

BR - went out to eat and sat outside and L just ran around the whole time "playing" cornhole (or bags or whatever people call it) with random strangers.

KR - having fun with cousins!

NRR - hanging at MILs for a few more hours then heading to my parent's house.  I love being in the north woods, we all slept 10 hours last night!

mrszackmorris

Zorbs: yes each of us will run half of a half marathon. There is a half marathon at the same time, so they bus the second partner out to the midway point exchange and then bus the first runner back. We did it last year and it's a lot of fun. Plus there's a cheese buffet afterwards. Yes you read that right.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

nola - I like your style and would like to subscribe to your newsletter; it would be awesome if you could come to Richmond too!

CA - it's about 8.5-9.5 hours.  The route through Corning adds on a little bit but I think a supermoms meetup will be well worth it, especially since the more direct route is straight through buttfuck pennsylvania.  We are breaking it up: ~3:15 from here to Corning on the Thursday and then 6ish from Corning to Richmond on Friday.

arm - does your DH race? he sounds speedy!