Womens Running

THURSDAY DIVAS (Read 16 times)

SassySparky

Almost the weekend!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

RR: Just finished 4 easy miles. The weather is weird - it's muggy and icky but my hands are cold!

NRR: Starting to feel slightly better with this cold/allergy thing. Sudafed helped more than Claritin so now I'm leaning toward cold. Nothing major here, just a normal day of work then playing with G and D, then probably more work!

taylorma1

Sassy-that does sound like weird weather. Glad the allergies are clearing up some

RR: probably a pool run today as it's storming like crazy today. One of my professors even cancelled class due to flooding. Crazy.

NRRBig grinidn't end up running yesterday or doing any workout because DBF and I were walking around the city in the storms looking for apartments and got soaked. We found a great one with a gorgeous view and a fitness center, but we need one more person to join us in it to make it work. Hopefully so. I will only  be there for 2 months though before I move to IN for the program, but it will be a great two months

MA runner girl

Hi ladies!

ER: 2 mile walk with C in the BOB yesterday. Felt SO GOOD. Hoping to repeat today since it's supposed to be gorgeous again and rain is coming tomrrow.

NER: C has been waking up about every 2 hours the last 2 nights. It's exhausting! I knew he was spoiling us the first week of his life!! Yesterday I made a freezer crock pot meal for the first time. I'm very glad I made so many, it made dinner stress free and easy, yay! Not much going on today.

Sassy - Glad you are starting to feel better, hope you are 100% soon! Have fun playing tonight Smile

Taylor - I hope the apartment works out for you guys! Sounds like a great way to spend the summer!

RLTW - Good luck with your surgery <3

Have a great day!

PRs: 5k - 22:29, half marathon - 1:47:39

SassySparky

MA - so glad you are out and walking! how do you feel, any pain?

Taylor - sounds like a fun summer plan before you move to IN! Stay safe in that flooding!

monk717

Morning girls.

RR: Alas, looks like my only workouts for the week will be taking the stairs two to three times a day after pumping. I still managed to lose 2 pounds though... I had gained 1 last week, so a net loss of 1... only 35 more to go.

NRR: P had his 2-month check up yesterday. He weighs 11 pounds and has grown to 22 inches. Thats 25th percentile weight and 35th for height. Had three shots and an oral vaccine too... and last night was not fun. Vaccines never affected A much, but P was super fussy last night and wouldn't eat or sleep in spite of giving tylenol. Every night I take him upstairs at 7:30 and think I'll be able to sleep in an hour since he seems tired... and its usually more like two. I'm glad he sleeps through the night now, I just hope we can get to bed a little earlier eventually! Not much else going on here other than the rain. P's going to daycare again today... can't remember who asked but yes, he is going to the sameone as A. Have a great day all!

monk717

sassy: I'm glad you're feeling better with the allergies.

taylor: Its raining a lot here, but looks like its worse where you are. DH has been joking for days now about building an ark.

MA: Sorry C's up so much! He will get better soon. P started giving us a four-hour stretch between two and three weeks and is already sleeping through the night. Hang in there! The freezer meals have saved us! I'm trying really hard to make two or three more freezer meals every week because they've saved us even more since I went back to work.

RLTW: Thinking of you dear!

MA runner girl

Sassy - I feel great! No pain at all. I'm very glad I took all of your advice and took it easy the first 2 weeks.

Monk - awe poor P! I hope he is better today. Not looking forward to C's shots! Ha fun to see what C's stats would be as a 2 month old... P and C are the same size!

PRs: 5k - 22:29, half marathon - 1:47:39

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: Got in 8 this morning. I was surprised by how early it's getting light. The way the weather is going here, I will be ditching the headlamp sooner than the gloves.  ST tonight, I think.  Kind of bored with my workout.

NRR: Got home from work an hour later than normal, but I did manage to get most of the house taken care of. I need to give Fay her allergy bath, sweep the kitchen, and ...? Who knows, I'm sure there will be something. Just ready for the weekend. This week has been messed up from the start, and I'd like to reboot.

Sassy - Glad the medicine is working.  Weird weather, indeed.

Taylor - I saw some pics of the flooding on the Tribune website. Holy cow!

MA - Way to plan ahead with the crockpot meals! That was a really great idea!

Monk - Sorry P didnt' enjoy the vaccines. And congrats on the continued weight loss!

c a s s i e

Hi ladies. I don't have much time before school starts, but I wanted to pop in and tell you all thanks for all your thoughts and prayers over the weekend. DH, my in-laws (who came to Boston to surprise me), and I were all safe; I had finished about 90 minutes before the bombings, so we saw it on the news in a restaurant a couple of miles away. We are naturally a little shaken up, but I've been trying not to play the "what-if" game and instead focus on the positives:  We are safe and together. My race was awesome, though that amazing experience will forever be overshadowed by the tragedy. Someday I will try to do a race report, but I just don't have it in me right now. But I appreciate all your thoughts, prayers, and support not only on that tragic day but throughout my training. I am truly blessed to have found this amazing group of women.

Visit my blog at www.ruralrunningredhead.com!

NorCal

Cassie- Thanks for posting, I've been hoping to hear from you this week. I can't imagine how difficult it is to have been through that- such an amazing race, followed so quickly by tragedy. I am so glad you and your family are all safe. We were all thinking/praying for you.

Monk- Poor P, getting shots is no fun!

MA- So glad you're able to get out and walk. How did C like the BOB? Does he know he'll be spending a lot of time in that in the future? haha

Taylor- Hope the apartment works out for you guys. Crazy about the flooding!

Sass- Enjoy the night with your boys! Hey, how is Birdie doing with G as he becomes more mobile?

OWR- Oh, dog baths are always fun! haha Does Fay freak out and run around afterwards? Louie does but I'm always afraid he'll slip and break a hip, old man that he is!

RR. Heading out for 4 SLOW, EASY miles. Must remind myself that...

NRR. After my run and shower, heading over to a town about 1 hour away to see a friend from home who is there visiting her parents. We're doing lunch and then shopping. After that, I might be meeting up with an old coworker who recently moved. But she's preggo and due next week, so not sure how she's feeling and if she'll be up for visiting. We'll see!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

outwestrunner

NC - Yep, lots of rolling around on the ground and everything. I think she knows the schedule, that she's supposed to get the bath on Wednesday, because she started play bowing and barking at me when I was cleaning the bathroom last night.   Have fun shopping! I need to update some of my clothes...and get some new running stuff.

lizo_77

Hi Ladies!

RR: good 2 miles and strength training this morning.

NRR: it's snowing out, pretty hard right now. don't know how long it's supposed to go.  was hoping to go to worthington tonight to see M, but it's not looking like it right now. otherwise, noon time meeting, then rest of the day is pretty normal. have a massage tonight, then music practice that I'll show up for for a few minutes. I'm producing the service on sunday, and it's the traditional service, so it tends to be easier to handle.

sassy: keep feeling better! glad the meds helped some.

taylor: hope you're able to get in on the apartment! sounds awesome!

MA: I love your organization with the freezer crock pot meals!

monk: that's good that he's sleeping through the night! just hope he's ok tonight. poor guy with the vaccines! I'd be fussy too!

outwest: that's awsome with the 8 this morning and the strength tonight! you go girl!

norcal: sounds like you have a fun day planned ahead! enjoy the SLOW.... run! Smile

LucyBelle

Hello ladies!

RR: Ran my 3 miles last night, we finally had nice weather! Ran 8:30 pace and felt easy, I guess my legs must have been well-rested after a week off. ST today, JM Shred. Am I the only one who still does that workout?

NRR: Lots of tedious domestic work to do today. Laundry, vacuuming, grocery shopping. Also need to call some salons about hair/makeup for the wedding. And I need to schedule a hair cut, too. Fun times!

Sassy: That does sound like weird weather. I'm glad you're feeling better, I hope you continue to feel better as the day goes on!

Taylor: Oooh you're going to live with DBF for a bit before you move? Fun!

MArunner: Sorry about the lack of sleep. I know how much you love your sleep! It is a good thing you made all those crockpot meals!

Monk: Awwww poor P. I hope he feels better today and lets you guys get some sleep!

Outwest: It totally started getting light here a little after 5 and the sunrise was so pretty! But I was watching from my bed and went back to sleep. LOL.

Cassie: I am so glad you are safe and that you had a great race, but I'm sorry it will always be tainted for you. Hang in there!

NC: Have fun with lunch and shopping, sounds like some nice girl time!

Lizo: Snowing? My goodness, you guys seem to be stuck in winter! I really shouldn't complain about my weather...