Womens Running

Cyber Monday Dailies (Read 23 times)

Discounts for lodging at National Parks

Sharing the link above again.  I just booked a room for Thursday night before Antelope Canyon (cheaper flight than coming in on Friday) on the South Rim of the Grand Canyon for $45. Cheaper than Hampton Inn for sure! LOL Winter date restrictions but works for me! Would be awesome to stay at one of the other parks but alas...money. Glacier, Yosemite, Zion all have discounts. Plus other travel destinations.

Now back to sleep. LOL

Lisa

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8.1 for me! Gym tonight for abs.

AWESOME run. I was listening to my podcast but couldn't tell you what it was about..I was wrapped up in my own thoughts and trying to run out some frustrations. It is that time of the month...so my frustration level is a bit higher. LOL. Stupid hormones. I didn't end up cross training yesterday..so I had some energy for sure.

Didn't do much yesterday just spent some time with HCBF.

My SIL is FINALLY in labor!! She started getting contractions last night and stayed home to tough it out until this morning. They got to the hospital around 7. She is 5cm dilated..so she has a bit to go. Her plan is natural..man..thats going to be tough, but she is a runner she got this. Smile I am not sure when I will head up there..not sure if I should go up while they are still in the hospital or when they get home and are comfortable. I remember when my best friend had a baby she did NOT want many visitors. She was tired, hungry..and wanted to spend time celebrating this new addition with her hubby. So I am still up in the air.

I am at work but I will be online shopping for most of it.

Lisa – Hi Lisa! You’re not going to put a tree up in the new place?! Thanks for the cyber Monday link! I am thinking of finishing up Christmas shopping today. Some awesome deals out there. I saw Saucony has 50% off! 50%!!! Only on certain styles, but still.

Docket – Congratulations!! What a great way to end 2017!! When is your next one?!

HuronHeart – Nice miles yesterday! And pizza..yum! My life is boring too. Nothing wrong with that! Last Christmas was in the mid 70’s for us…which is RARE. It did not feel like Christmas with that kind of heat! You are right – heat and holidays do not go together. WOW on your friend! She must have had a feeling.

Run4kupcakes – LOL at the men peeing before races. You make a good point. You always see men making a mad dash to the woods..

Tessa – I found it really odd that the front door was left open. Honestly, I think it was because of the dog. I used to see that guy walking his dog every morning when I ran there..and I am wondering if he left the door open so the dog could get it out. Which actually, that is how they were found. Someone went to return their dog and saw the awful scene. Sad. People seem so “normal” and nice and everything..little do we know what is going on inside. Scary actually.

Hi Lori!! No worries, life happens! Nice job on the 12 yesterday..sorry you crashed Sad How was your marathon!?

Sandy - Hope you are feeling better!!

Cathy - Where have you been young lady?

Happy Monday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Seloc

Well, I'm finally feeling better than death but showering was exhausting so am back on the couch and called in sick to work.  Sent a couple emails early but that's it. Didn't even make it to the couch yesterday - spent the ENTIRE day in bed.  The kit kat sure loved it.  I haven't been this sick in over 7 years.  And, I hope it'll be at LEAST another 7 after this doozy.  I keep wondering what sorta payback karma I'm experiencing.  Oof.  Super bummed for not running as the weather has been phenomenal for Nov in these parts.  Hoping to get out for a 3mi joggity jog tomorrow morning.

Lizzie - dude, you are awesome feeling so great getting back into marathon training!  Sounds like a nice weekend, too.  Super scary about your parent's neighbors!  So sad.  Hooray for baby on his way!  Oh, and yeahhhhhhh I'm with you - would have to wait until I had a ring before starting to shop for a dress.  It would feel like playing with karma or something haha.  Although this does sound like a done deal.  I'm already looking forward to the proposal report!!

HCK - loved your race report - sorry it wasn't your day.  Sounds like the race needs to improve some logistics.  What's next for you?

Damaris - CONGRATS on your marathon!  Woohoo!  All your hard work paid off!

Laura - OMG, that is a LOT of $$ for a half!  Would definitely deter me for sure.

Waves to everyone else.  I think it's time for a nap already...

LC Runs

Good Morning!

I had a good workout today, 2.5 on the TM and then a killer leg workout, I am going to be sore, which is a good thing!  Back to the grind.  At least the day seems to be going pretty well, I will do an update tonight 

I did order one gift last night so I can say I've started my shopping.  I got a new home computer for the kids, the one we have is about 8 years old and dying a slow death lol.  I have a couple of things to order tonight for BF since they are Cyber Monday deals.  I am also working on a photo book for the grandparents so I want to get that done this week.  House is decorated.  Oh and I managed 4.1 miles yesterday, back to coooolllld temps.

Hi LIsa!!

Lizzie - whoo hoo on sil being in labor, how exciting you're going to be an aunt.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, my lighter capris are C9 from Target, the heavier capri is Nike. If I wear the lighter weight ones, I add woolly long shorts under them. It seems to work well.

Bikerchick1, knee is doing well. I have been working on the inner thigh muscles to strengthen them so the knee will track more correctly since I saw the doc. Thanks for asking.

Friday I had a good park run for 45 minutes.

Saturday and Sunday were SDO because this next week the weather should be decent for outside running. I am LOATHE to go inside. LOATHE. 

Today I’m planning a run down in the park when it warms up and short grocery. I need sufficient sleep to run effectively but also need meditation and study time. I've got to start working on this today.
            Really. Right now. Schedule. 

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Hi Sandy - cross posted.  Wow, you are really sick, that sucks.  I'm glad you are on the upswing though!!  Yes, I bit the bullet and paid for the race but it's not the best timing, right before the holiday.  I guess it's my Xmas present to myself ha ha...

Hi Judy - I love Target running clothes.  Have a great day!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Rest day for me today.

Lizzie thanks for remembering. The marathon went "Ok". I did not get my goal.  I think it was around 514. I partially blame the rain and wind. I partially blame mental strength. My goal was sub 5. A PR. I was trained for it. That said, it was my fastest since 2015

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

There is a somewhat local hm near here that is 125 Canadian. I won't do it because you need to ferry across to the island the day before since the ferry doesn't start early enough so therefore also need to stay at a bed and breakfast. Vey expensive therefore to do it.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Is it Monday again?  I'm back!  I've been reading, but not much going on for me.    I did run 3 on the TM yesterday without pain, so that was a plus.  My arm is almost healed to the point where the kids say that it is not disgusting anymore.     Other than that, I've been doing a lot of eating.     Our water heater chose yesterday to start to die (happy homeowner, it's always something), one of the good things about having a husband that is a plumber is that he can fix it this week.  

Lisa, thanks for the discounts!  I want to take the kids out to the Grand Canyon.

Lizzie, yay, SIL is finally in labor!    I didn't mind having visitors in the hospital, but since it's a short stay it wasn't a big deal if people visited or not.  It's also nice when people come afterwards and bring food and stuff.    Nice runs lately!  Rings... I never wear mine running and I take it off when I get home.  DH is the opposite, he doesn't wear his to work because of his job.  I don't have a big, pricey diamond.  My fingers are small, so my diamond looks bigger than it is.     Murder/suicide in your mom's neighborhood?  One of my friends had one in her neighborhood also!  She lives out in Washington though.

Sandy, wow, I am sorry you have been feeling so awful!  Hopefully you will get it all out of your system for another 7 years!  Did you have the super warm weather on Friday?  It was 65 here!  The kids were off school and wanted to see the movie Wonder.  We should have gone hiking or something!

Laura, great that you got a good leg workout in!  Our home computer is also pretty old.  Ha, it would be odd if you didn't run Bayshore.  

Lori, sorry that you did not make your goal, but nice job on on the fastest marathon for a few years!

Damaris, congrats on your marathon!

Hi Carol!  Nice long run!

Margaret, the Christmas decorations sound nice.    Less to take down sounds good to me!

Tessa, interesting "find" on your run!  

Kupcakes, sorry the race did not go well.  You had a tough training cycle!

HH-Kathy, I love the old handmade ornaments!  We've kept a lot of the ones our kids made.  Memory tree is a good description!

Waves to everyone!

Cathy

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Happy Cyber shopping all!

Lisa, score on the hotel for Antelope.

Lizzie, good luck to your sister!!  Sorry you are feeling hormonally off.  Always annoying.  Can't believe you already have decorations done.  I am in the don't put them up, don't have to take them down camp.

Sandy, so sorry you are still feeling like poo.  Rest up and feel better.  Are you BAH HUMBUG to Christmas as well, I am.

Laura, good job on the TM and legs.

Judy, enjoy your park run.

Lori, sorry you didn't get your PR at the race.  5:14 would be a dream for me nowadays.  That is my PR.

Cathy, good luck with the water heater.  Nice hubby can fix it.

Got up at a decent time, I have a hair appointment shortly.  I wanted a brief run before, but I didn't eat and was feeling rather woozy.  I did get 2 mile walk in though feeling weird/lightheaded the entire time.  I should have eaten.  I got back and ate some stuffing for breakfast and feel a world better.  Maybe if I am home at a decent hour this afternoon I will go back out - doubt it as she is coloring my hair and last time it took ALL DAY.

Made a vet appointment for both my cat and Petunia for tomorrow morning.  Poor kitty has some worsening nasal congestion and discharge.  Unfortunately it is only from one nostril and the same eye has started weeping.  GENERALLY kitty colds aren't one sided, so I fear the worst.  I love the vet I go to, so I will get his opinion.  Little Miss Petunia has these weird skin lesions.  And she has had them since I got her, NINE months ago....  Oops.  I have done the basic diagnostics and some easy treatments and they persist.  I'm curious what he might think...

Finally, after 9 months, told my mother I got Petunia.  She wasn't mad, but not pleased which is why I didn't tell her earlier.

I forgot, but I have a trail half this coming Saturday.  Was supposed to do some trail running with a few women that day here in SA, next time....

Oops, getting late, must shower and head out the door.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Karen gave me an RD, yay!  Although I don't feel too sore, I need to dye my hair. :-P

We left all the cats together in the house (loose) while in Cocoa and no fights nor anything with Bugsy.  Hershey keeps hissing at him and he can't believe Bugsy eats his scraps from the table if he does not eat them fast enough.  Poor boy, lol.  Bugsy does not GAF.

Lisa, thanks for the link.

Lizzie, nice 8!  Congrats to your SIL.  My next ones are Disney and Houston in January.

Sandy, glad you are finally feeling better!

Laura, nice workouts!

Judy, glad to hear the knee is doing well.

BerthaSlayer, enjoy the rest day.

Cathy, yay to a no pain run!

Kathryn, good luck with the vet appointment.

Damaris

Kilmisters

Lizzie, it's funny to listen to podcast the whole way and then fail to remember anything. Woo, glad to hear it's finally time for SIL Smile Most people want some alone time at first, yes. I'm sure they'll let you guys know when ready for visitors.

Damaris, great marathon! Hmmm... Karen sounds like a good potential coach, huh? Smile

Sandy, uuhm, being happy about feeling better than death pretty much shows how low the standards have been set... Get well! Probably not a karma, our immune system is generally weaker when we're in a good shape and you just ran that marathon recently, so... Well, kit kat being happy about your presence is at least a tiny silver lining to this.

Cathy, uuuhm, issue w arm? Did I miss smth?

Laura, killer leg workout? Hoping you don't have to ''tackle'' lots of stairs today... I remember standing at the office stars the morning after a leg workout and not knowing how to get up there...... We're at the 2nd floor Big grin

Sooo, the yesterday's LR was cancelled Big grin Saturday's party w friends ended at around 5am (K was excited about all the masses of people!) and both me and DH were dead the whole Sunday. As in not-able-to-walk-further-than-few-meters dead, forget about running OR a LR. So, the 18k run at hometown is postponed for a week Smile Realized it's 20wks left till the first planned spring race (trail fun run, but still a race!), so ''getting s--- together'' starts now Smile

10k today. Not great, not bad either. Last minute change in floorball schedule, so we have a game tomorrow; 9pm faceoff. Ugh. At least there's enough work to keep the pre-game anxiety away.

Back to my Excels!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

SIL is still in labor. She was about 8cm at 12:30 and I havent heard anything from anyone in a while so I am thinking it is happening now! I probably will head up tomorrow for the day. The day being until right after lunchtime. DC traffic is hell anytime after 3pm.

Busy day today! Ready to head home!

Sandy – Awe, I am so sorry you are so sick!!! I wonder how you got this sick! Sad I hope you are resting and at least binging on Netflix. Oh boy a proposal report. LOL.

Laura – I am looking forward to the work scoop. I know work drama sucks – I am sorry I am enjoying it on your behalf. LOL. Nice job with the miles! One of the reason I love going to this ab class tonight is because I am ALWAYS sore. It doesn’t even feel like I do very much. Photobook is a great idea!

Judy – I have never tried Target brand. Hmmm…Have a good day and a good run! Are you not sleeping well!?

Lori – Sorry your race didn’t go as planned but Congratulations on it being your fastest since 2015!! That is a huge accomplishment. Weather does play a HUGE role on time. I learned that recently. Anything up next for you??

Cathy – 3 miles with no pain? WOOO!! That is something to celebrate Smile Glad your arm is healing well! Haven’t we all been doing lots of eating hahaha. I am sure it is nice to have a handy husband. I told HCBF I would never buy him tools because he doesn’t fix anything. LOL. That probably was mean..hahaha. Maybe a pillow because he takes a lot of naps. I think hers will be a short stay as well. Whats with the murders lately?! Geez! We are in the mid 60’s all week! The mornings are still really cold though.

Kathryn – Looks like I need to have both you and Sandy over to force you two into the Christmas spirit. FORCE. Baking cookies and sh*t. Woohoo on the race this weekend! How is the weather looking? Good luck at the vet with Petunia Sad

Docket – Bugsy is a bad@ss. LOL. You deserve a rest day! Oh! So you are doing Houston again? Fun!

Kilmisters – Haha laughing at your cancelled long run! That is a good reason for it! Nice on the 10K!

Off to the gym soon! Have a great evening everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Bikerchick1

Lisa - you were up early!  So, maybe a Duathalon for you..., that is “fun”.  I haven’t done a Gazelle girl one.  I do think the “woman only” are a good starting point.  I did my first Tri in Sylvannia Ohio.  Very beginner friendly, they do have a Du with it.  But I think there are a lot of options down your way!

Lizzie - wondering if the baby watch is over now!  How exciting.  Some people like the company in the hospital to see the new arrival...especially the Auntie!

Sandy - Sounds like quite the illness!  Glad you are doing better!

Judy - Glad your knee is doing better!

cathy - what happened to your arm???

Lori - Congrats on another marathon!  Sorry your time wasn’t what you wanted.

Kat - Did your Mom not want you to have a cat???  She knows you are a vet...right???

Laura -  I might make the March half.  Will be out of town both Feb and January.

Kilmisters - staying up until 5 am is a great reason not to do a long run....that would take me a week to recover from!  How is baby K?

have had a cold since Friday, worse after LR, so rested over the weekend a little more.  Felt good enough for 5 today.

Carol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

SIL is still in labor. She was about 8cm at 12:30 and I havent heard anything from anyone in a while so I am thinking it is happening now! I probably will head up tomorrow for the day. The day being until right after lunchtime. DC traffic is hell anytime after 3pm.

Busy day today! Ready to head home!

Sandy – Awe, I am so sorry you are so sick!!! I wonder how you got this sick! Sad I hope you are resting and at least binging on Netflix. Oh boy a proposal report. LOL.

Laura – I am looking forward to the work scoop. I know work drama sucks – I am sorry I am enjoying it on your behalf. LOL. Nice job with the miles! One of the reason I love going to this ab class tonight is because I am ALWAYS sore. It doesn’t even feel like I do very much. Photobook is a great idea!

Judy – I have never tried Target brand. Hmmm…Have a good day and a good run! Are you not sleeping well!?

Lori – Sorry your race didn’t go as planned but Congratulations on it being your fastest since 2015!! That is a huge accomplishment. Weather does play a HUGE role on time. I learned that recently. Anything up next for you??

Cathy – 3 miles with no pain? WOOO!! That is something to celebrate Smile Glad your arm is healing well! Haven’t we all been doing lots of eating hahaha. I am sure it is nice to have a handy husband. I told HCBF I would never buy him tools because he doesn’t fix anything. LOL. That probably was mean..hahaha. Maybe a pillow because he takes a lot of naps. I think hers will be a short stay as well. Whats with the murders lately?! Geez! We are in the mid 60’s all week! The mornings are still really cold though.

Kathryn – Looks like I need to have both you and Sandy over to force you two into the Christmas spirit. FORCE. Baking cookies and sh*t. Woohoo on the race this weekend! How is the weather looking? Good luck at the vet with Petunia Sad

Docket – Bugsy is a bad@ss. LOL. You deserve a rest day! Oh! So you are doing Houston again? Fun!

Kilmisters – Haha laughing at your cancelled long run! That is a good reason for it! Nice on the 10K!

Off to the gym soon! Have a great evening everyone!

Not again as much as I am doing Houston since I DNFd last year with the meniscus tear.

Damaris