Womens Running

(Over 40) send in the weekend (Read 20 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. I was going to run but I have been ramping up miles so rest is good. Plus I didn't want to run at 6. I could have gone at 7 but then would have cut down the miles because we have puppy pool. Maybe I can get dh to go for a walk or something later?

I'm going to the craft store today.  I need some floral wire to finish the bows and some fabric glue. they are almost done but the twist ties aren't  strong enough for the larger bows and I can't find my wire anywhere. I know I had some but it isn't in my sewing box where it should be. I may get some craft paint and repaint the Santa boot planters. They are looking a little ruff after all these years.

Ginny I can imagine taking down all your stuff will take awhile!  For me I have to get it down right after Christmas. I'm tired if it by then since we put it up the day after Thanksgiving every year.  Growing up we left stuff up until New Years but also didn't decorate until middle of Dec.

hey Gatsby.

Marjorie

Good morning to everyone.  I'm heading out for 8 with my RC in a little bit.  Today's run will be dedicated to a running friend (on another user group here on RA) who is battling cancer.  Today she is running 50 miles and calling it her "50 reasons to run" run, and other folks in the group will be running today wearing "50 reasons to run" bibs, wherever they may be and however many miles they are doing (50 not required!).  Today is also Christmas #2 at my dad's house since my sister and family arrived home for a visit on Thursday.

Marjorie, probably a good call to take a rest day.  Sounds like you're being very crafty today.

Ginny, I'm sure your house looked wonderful.  We don't put up a lot of decorations so there will not be a lot to take down.  Safe to say no one will ever put us on a holiday house tour!

Hi to everyone else to come!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I couldn't run this morning because I was in pain, so some run tonight.

Marjorie, enjoy the puppy pool.

Gatsby, enjoy your 8.

I think I posted about Trixie, but in case, Trixie does not have cancer, just fatty liver disease.  She ran a bit this morning and has been acting normal so I am not going to force feed her unless I feel she is not eating enough.  I caught her eating dry food a couple of times yesterday.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

That is sweet Gatsby. I like the 50 reasons to run idea

I primed the Santa boot planters. I used Kilz so I can paint over it and the mold stains won't work their way through. After all these years they need to be reprinted. They have fake Christmas trees in them and I really love them. I will get the craft paint to repaint them when I get yo the draft store after puppy pool.

Marjorie

LC Runs

Hi Marjorie, Gatsby, Damaris and all to follow

Just back from a 3.7 miler, took me a while to get motivated this morning, but the temps are finally decent (mid 30's) so I didn't want to miss the opportunity.

Nothing much on the agenda today, probably just running a few errands then starting to take the Xmas stuff down.

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend!

SugarLand

Good morning all!!!

Ran 12 miles this am the weather was perfect 45 degrees

i have decided to drop down to,the houston half my long training runs have not gone well at all so instead of stressing over it I made the decision to run the half.

I was offered a free entry to the Kingwood half Jan 1st a great way to start the year Yea

i have signed up for the Austin (Feb) and Woodlands (March)  half - to keep me motivated

have a a wonderful day

Anonymous Guest

52 and sunny here. I have a migraine, but it hurt less when I was running, so I ran 14 glorious miles. Now that I'm done I'm feeling pretty crappy, so maybe not the smartest move.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

70 and sunny here, expected to be windy later.

I ran 20.5 hilly miles. Feeling better about the week's eatfest.

Marjorie, good luck with the crafts projects.

Have fun everyone who's taking down the Christmas decorations. I just put up the tree itself and I plan on taking that down New Year's Day and putting the tree out for the city to take and mulch.

GatsbyBird, hope your friend's run goes well! Is it an organised race or a personal run?

Bikerchick1

Marjorie - You are so organized....love that you make sure your decorations are refurbished before you put them away!

Karen - Hope you feel better!

Tessa - Glad to see you got a nice long run in!

Damarias - Hope you get out for a run today.

Gatsby - I'm with you, my house will not be featured in any christmas walks Smile  I used to decorate more, but now every year I seem to put out less and less.  Hope you had a great run.

LCruns - Was nice weather to day, although looks like it is short lived Sad

sugarland - Nice to see you posting!!!   Sounds like you have some nice races on the agenda.

Went for run with RB's this am....I only made it out 1 mile and turned around and walked back..  I think it is my piriformis that is bothering me, I am not happy.  DH and I did go cross country skiing this afternoon for 2 hours though, and that felt fine.  Seems like I have been having problems every since that monster spin class.  Stretching, rolling, motrin...think my run streak is done.  I think no running is indicated for a few days....boooo.

Carol

Docket_Rocket

I did 11.  Wanted more but my reflux was bad.  That's what I get for having lunch at a fast food place (which I hardly ever do but we had no choice).  Blurp.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

camille2

Good morning!  I've done my home PT exercises already and will walk about 20 min this afternoon. Hip is better but I still have that odd  catching pain at times.

Christmas decorations...we have typically left them up till Jan 6, but I'll prob take them down this weekend. I started late this year so DD could help (a tradition along with eggnog and cookies), but I ended up not getting all my decorations up.  Next year, I think I'll start at Thanksgiving or Dec 1 so I can enjoy them a bit more.   We've also traditionally also kept enough tiny stocking stuffers to last till Jan 6, but I'm easing back on that since I have to mail them these days. I sent a few Friday and need to send the rest tomorrow.

My uncle died last week and funeral was yesterday. It's always sad, but seemed worse during x-mas week.

Ginny, I imagine you do have a job ahead with all your decorations!  Did you take pics?

Gatsby, I like the 50 reasons to run idea, but  I always love lists like that.

Marjorie, did you go for your walk?

DR, I'm glad to read Trixie doesn't have cancer. Nice 11.

Laura, hi!  I'm glad you had some decent temps.

Sugarland, it sounds like a good idea to cut back to the half. I sure hope you have better weather than last year!

Karen, I sure hope your migraine is better!

Carol, bummer on your hip.  I'm glad you got in a ski!   I miss cross country skiing and have even kept my skis in the storage closet in Anchorage: ) . Do you skate ski or use classic technique?

Along with the list idea, I don't know if I mentioned it, but a friend who turned 60 did 60 things worth talking about last year. Loving that type list, I decided to do 63 this year. They can be small things, not just big ones. I made a good start while DD was here and we went to ATL, but haven't thought of a thing for this week....may have to be a movie or good book...

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Camille no we didn't get to walk. But, that us okay.

i have a wet dog laying on my foot. It is raining super hard and windy so I'm waiting to see if I can run--no thunder and lightening yet  but it is supposed to and I don't want to get caught in that.

Marjorie

Good morning all!

5.35 outside with a new running friend (a mom from dd's elementary school) who will be doing the New Year's Eve Belle Isle 5k with me.  I looked over the past week and....15.7 miles of treadmill and outside.  hadn't realized I had gotten there.  I have my exercise regime from PT and will be doing that 3 times per week instead of cardio. Knee is feeling fairly normal... the chicken shots may have done the trick!

Marjorie-the santa boot planters looked very cute.  We wait until after New Year's to take down decorations.  Snow on ground does help.

Gatsby-sounds like a good reason for you to run also!  Have a good one! Our house would not be on any tour.  Nothing matches or coordinates in way of decorations around the house or on the tree. I call it the tree that Christmas threw up on since there are so many ornaments of varying styles, sophistication (ha!) and age.  Some on there that I saw in pictures of me as a baby sitting in front of tree.. now on my tree.

Damaris-sorry to hear about the reflux but good that Trixie is on the mend.

Laura-we did hit icy patches today but yesterday it was in the 40's!

Sugarland-dd and I may be coming down around Easter to visit dd in Houston... that Kingswood race is one that I've wanted to do.. the numbered stuffed animals given for your finishing place always seemed fun!  Hmm... Woodlands marathon.

Karen-I'm sure that the migraine would have been even worse had you NOT run.

Tessa-yeah for your long run! chuckling at your "hilly" miles.. more like mountainous miles.

Carol-boo hiss! roll, stretch, repeat.

Camille-what about making a very healthy dish from scratch? Cooking with kale or some such thing or getting a great after Christmas deal on something.  Or calling a friend you haven't spoken with for years.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MyMomRuns, your running sounds like it is progressing well.

Arimathea, great work on the 20.5 miler!

MarjorieAnn3137, chuckling about the wet dog on your feet.

Camille2, I'm so sorry about your uncle's passing. Yes, holiday time is difficult, especially when that happens.

GatsbyBird, great that you are dedicating a run for your friend.

Docket Rocket, it's good to hear that Trixie is doing better. Best wishes to her. Reflux is a bummer for sure.

Saturday was a 15 minute run and 35 minutes cardio DVD.

Today will be the same I think.

DS has returned to VA and I am doing catch up cooking for the coming weeks. I’m also doing a gooey chocolate cake. The pieces can be frozen.

The concussion is much better and the memory problems are definitely diminishing. My recall was on a delay and that time is shrinking, thankfully. I still have a niggle down the back of my right leg where I landed. Stretches are helping it a lot. Running feels so good now.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns