Womens Running

Deep freeze Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 14 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 5 miles on the out and back uphill route again, at least I suckered Sam into keeping me company today.  Polar vortex 3.0 is in full swing out there, -19/-29C windchill.

TR - went into music class without a tantrum yesterday. Kindergarten registration this morning.  DH is a nervous wreck about it for some reason.

FR - crockpot kale lasagna.  Hmm, I was planning on eating a bag of bermy's kale chips for a snack, I wonder if this will send me into kale overload? although I'm 99.9% sure it was the 20+ cloves of roasted garlic that I'd usually eat at WF salad bar that sent my digestive system into chaos.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - 45 minutes or so at lunch, just an easy run day.  It's supposed to be above freezing today!

TR - had a great time at swimming, MIL said they are floating on their backs with lifejackets.  She went to MIL's for dinner and didn't get home until almost 8, fell asleep on the way home and just wanted to go to bed when she got in.

BR - was off last night, probably teeth bugging her.  We gave her advil before bed, I heard her awake at 4am, she didn't cry though so I let her settle herself, I of course didn't fall back asleep, zzzzzzz.

FR - chicken fingers and roasted brussel sprouts.

NRR - was looking at prices and seeing about using my gc for Fairmont, the Banff Springs is $400/night mid week!  I guess we're just going for one night at that rate!

Zorbs - exciting about kindergarten!  How is the Kale lasagna?  I've never done a crockpot lasagna.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Erniegirl

RR - 14k with 8k tempo. We'll see how this goes. It's -30 out, the roads still suck and my legs are tired from slogging through the snow. THANK GOODNESS it looks like the weather is going back to normal winter temperatures after tomorrow. I was seriously considering bailing on marathon training because I'm tired of every run being miserable.

TR - After nap striking yesterday (and three out of the past four days, and sleeping poorly at night) she was overcome with exhaustion at 5 pm and kept trying to put herself to bed. I made her stay up a bit later and eat dinner, but she was fast asleep at 6:30 pm and is still sleeping at 8:45 am!

FR - Beef stew

NRR - Library program this morning and then hopefully S will nap this afternoon.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Kantkatchme

From yesterday

Rg- I'm sorry about your weekend. My DH is always working on some project or another. I just tell him what I'm doing if I have something going on. Ha! Actually I normally ask ahead of time and he forgets, it's hard when you are on all week and all weekend. DH and I have had a chat because I used to feel like a single parent even when he was around. Made me crazy! I hope you can find a solution.

Zorbs- sounds like you ran a tough race, I'm sorry the weather wasnt on your side for a pr.

mer- I have a baby bullet You could have. is your address on the fb page? My MIL got it for me but I already own a food processor, so I never opened it.

moxie- I hope you enjoy your hot yoga. I love goibg, as zorbs mentioned we are studio hoppers, taking advantage of the intro offers. I think I have run out of studios near me, and have a hard time paying so much For an hour of yoga at regular price.

Ca- I always think 20 feels long Wink I hope you hear something soon on the job front. ernie- I hear you on the weather sucking. Good job getting out yesterday! (Sunday) cute about the ball.

Spike- you are doing great momma! You do what you can when you can! I hope R sttn so you can rest. Sleep deprivation is the devil.

Moxie/ernie/spike- I just finished S5 of dexter, I almost don't want to watch anymore hearing that the ending is so awful.

Moxie- Banff/lake Louise is beautiful. DH proposed to me on Tunnel mountain In Banff. It is one of my favorite places. I used to go out in the summers to rock climb in my early 20's, I'm sure lots has changed since I was there last but it is worth a visit I think. I have friends that live in Canmore so have never actually paid to stay in the park.

~~~

Er- skied around the neighborhood with the chariot and the dogs! Ha! It was a blizzard but I needed to get out of the house. And the dogs are really bad at staying out the way of the skis. Quite fun actually. Need to run today. It's cold again, I am so tired of getting all bundled up to go outside!

Br- so stinking cute! It's a good thing cause she has given up sleeping. Sigh lol. Sounds like everyone is going through that. Play date at the indoor playground. She had better not fall asleep in the car on the way there this week

Fr- made a menu plan, shopped but still don't have all the ingredients. Ended up eating a grocery store rotisserie chicken for dinner. I'm going to regret it later I'm sure. Nrr- I think AF is finally back. I haven't had it since A. Although it was super lite and seems to be gone. Is that normal for a 1st after baby?

Qotd- for the well endowed ladies, I have a moving comfort Fiona, and the band always folds. It makes me crazy. I suppose I could get a smaller band size, but it always seems tight when I'm doing it up. I miss my pre nursing bra size lol. Anyone else have this problem? Is there a solution? Or do I just live with it.

runninmer

Morning.

RR - Didn't get to run yesterday so I am going to go in to work and then run at the high school.  I need it.

BR - Up at midnight and 5:15.  Is still sleeping right now.  That is a good night for us.  I feel relatively rested.

TR - Is a talking machine.  A teacher friend of mine runs a 3k class for cognitively disabled students and they have peers in the class.  Considering applying j to be a peer, but we haven't decided.

NRR - Home today because of temps.  Going to go in for a little while to get a few things done and to run.  We have to make up the hours anyway.

FR - Frozen pizza.  Still frustrated with my baby belly, but am always hungry.  I ate more than DH.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

runninmer

Kant -That is very generous of you!  If you are willing to part with it, I would take it.  I would be more than willing to reimburse you for shipping and then some.  Yes, my address is on the FB page.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Kantkatchme

Zorbs- funny that DH is nervous about 4k registration.  Will B go all day?

ca-swimming is great for tiring out kids! Saturday is the only day we are guaranteed a nap because A has swimming in the morning.

ernie- I hope the roads are ok when you get out.  ya! For S going to sleep and staying that way!  Have fun at the Library.

Mer- wooohoo for sleep!  I'll start looking for the bullet.  I'm not sure where we put it when we moved.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

ernie - I hope your run is ok, and the roads aren't too bad.  Wowsers, when S sleeps, she really sleeps!

kant - skiing with chariot and dogs sounds like it could be pretty crazy.  Were the dogs off leash?  We tried to ski with my lab some but he's so crazy and such a strong puller that it was pretty dangerous on the hills.  I wear moving comfort bras, band size 30 - I have to order them from the US - they are very tight when I put them on, and they don't fold or move an inch.

mer - glad you got some sleep last night!  It's funny what you consider a good night when you've got a baby!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

CA - the lasagna is pretty good and would be even better if it cooked for the right amount of time (5h on low).  I don't have any other time to assemble except in the morning and if I turn the crockpot on when I leave the house (3:30) the last time it was still a bit overcooked from having the sauce soak into the noodles beforehand.

ernie - seriously considering moving to MA and opening a gym. :P You can't be the only runner longing for a TM! I wonder if people drive to Newmarket to use the gyms? because that would be insane.

mer - I hate when I eat more than DH, he's got almost 100 pounds on me, I should NOT be eating more.

kant - I am definitely going to hot yoga tomorrow, it will be nice to be warm for the first time in forever.  Yes, B will be full day every day K.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

superspike113

Honorary Old

Ok, super important question. I think I've got it narrowed down between two purses to replace my haggard tote bag/diaper bag/catchall- Explorer Hobo or Erin Tote.   I really love that gunmetal color of the Explorer bag but I like the design/features of the Erin tote.  And yes, I want a big bag Smile

RR: Didn't go last night, I'll text RP to see if she wants to run or lift later.

TR: Changed the furnace to "circulate" mode and got a small radiant oil heater for R's room so that it won't get so cold in there, and he STTN. YEASSS.

FR: Randomness last night, something with ground turkey or a roasted chicken tonight.

NRR: My Dad is falling apart, had some abdominal pain on Sunday and turns out he has an umbilical hernia and will require surgery.  DH got shift changed yesterday, working OT today and in union negotiations Thurs/Fri then back to work Sat/Sun/Mon nights. Blerg- this 2 weeks of his schedule is always the worst.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- DH would kick me out of the house if I ate 20 cloves of garlic LOL. That really sucks about your weather!

CA- Jayzus, $400/night?! I'm cheap and I rarely will pay over $200/night for a hotel room. Do they have an off-season?

Ernie- what marathon plan are you following?

Kant- we are halfway through the second to last episode of Dexter. I totally called the Brain Surgeon plot twist in season 8- DH was impressed. I'm too curious not to watch the ending. I wear MC bras. I do my bras up really tight in the band- if you can't get it tight enough then you either need to buy a new bra because its stretched out or go down a band size+ up a cup size. I wore the MC Maiya bra for the first few mos of BF because my boobs were huge, then went back to the fiona.

Mer/zorbs- I eat as much/more as DH a lot of the time too.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

well, he's all registered for kindergarten..he thought he would see toys at school (like he did at preschool) and had a 45 min tantrum after we got home.

spike - hmm I like both purses, if I wasn't too lazy to switch purses regularly, I'd love to have some in fun colours.  The last time I ate the 20 cloves of garlic (it's really easy, just 1 big salad bar scoop spoonful), I smelled like ass for 2 days straight and G was very very close to kicking me out of the bedroom.

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- I've never heard of 4 yo kindergarten before. Do they go for 2 years then?  I think I perma-stanked a fluffy blanket DH got at the fire banquet this year with my navy bean soup farts. My last purse was orange, and it went suprisingly well with my outfits. I am a purse monogamist. I use one purse until its dead, then move on to the next one. I do have one purse that I use when I go out someplace dressy that I don't want to take all my crap to- I just throw my wallet and a lipstick in there.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - that is the off season rate...   You can stay cheaper via travel sites but then we can't use our gc.

Kantkatchme

Ca- the dogs were on leash.  I normally take them to the path near the river across the road from our house but the road had already been plowed and i didn't t want to drag the chariot skis across the road without snow.  I am thinking I will have to find a skijoring clinic for our younger dog.  She wears a harness to reduce pulling,  but yesterday she was still dragging me and the Harriet down the street.

Zorbs-  I miss hot yoga,  this is the perfect time of year for it.  My intro ran out last week and I don't feel like coughing up the $$$$ to go.  I might on Friday,  they have a "karma" class and you only have to donate $6.  You should open your own gym!  I'm thinking about wetting a membership to "the Athletic Club" they have hot yoga classes and salt water pools on top of the gym.  It reminds me of Golds from when I lived in SC. If I do that can I hire you to make me a ST plan?  Ill just have to YouTube theexercises Lol  

Spike- I like the Erin.  I'm not a fan of metallic finishes, I find they don't look as nice after a bit.  Plus I love the red .  I hope you can get a run or ST in.  I hope R is on a new sttn trend Smile