Womens Running

Weary of Winter Wednesday Supermoms (Read 31 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 3.75 miles with stroller. I had to get out, major cabin fever from being stuck at home caring for sick toddler. I had to take the wheels off of the chariot and fully collapse it to get it out of the garage, but I found I can store it in the lean-to on the side of the garage if I pop off just one wheel and wrestle it in there. Going running after work, probably with the stroller, going to see if DH would like to join us.

TR: Still sick, poor kiddo. His eyes puffed up yesterday, not sure what the deal was with that, but he looked like a little Quasimodo baby. Only woke up screaming his face off twice and HATES all the medicine we are having to give him right now.

FR: Last night was turkey chili tonight I think will be marinated/broiled chicken tenders on salad.

NRR: DH is being a total whiner about having gained weight. Last night he was talking about skipping dinner, etc etc then came out pf the kitchen with a bunch of candy his mom sent for easter! I'm so sick of helping someone who won't help himself- he wants ME to track his calories for him. I threw away the candy from the cupboards while he is still in bed with R. He is up 10-15 lbs and is in the same clothes, he just has a muffin top now.  I on the other hand am down about 4 lbs in the last 2 weeks because of all the stress of moving and caring for R made me totally lose my appetite. I think I might try Megan's "Operation Be-a-bitch-about-healthy-eating."

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

runnergirl- I just got out R's next size up shoes last night. I need to get him some sandals though. Here in the PNW we wear shorts, sandals, and a hoodie in the spring LOL.

zorbs- I would ask you if you get groggy from naps, but I remembered you don't sleep much at night, so the nap is probably really needed.

cx2- I don't usually like bakery cake because the frosting tastes too greasy.

runningeh- what? your family didn't like ravioli? My DH would be over the moon if I made ravioli more often. He hates curry with a burning passion though.

Ernie- Our area has had a few bank robberies, the next town over got hit by the "Bad Hair Bandit" which was a woman in a really ugly wig and ball cap.

Mer- I really want to get out of town and do something fun for me and DH's anniversary. I don't know if we will do something as a family or just the two of us yet.

Stroller- I hate to admit that I rarely shop at REI even though they are a WA based store.

armama- sorry about the clothes drama and constipation!

mzm- are there all that many parochial schools anymore?  I had a harder time cutting dairy than I have had cutting gluten.

Becky- I want to get half a beef when we get into our new place.

Bermy- I try to redirect R to something else instead of saying no all the time. Its nice that you have some outlets to make friends- DH and I knew if we ever relocated we could find friends through a volunteer fire dept or a running club. Its hard to meet people when you don't go to church.

CA- My HM pace is usually 30 seconds slower than my tempo pace. I do wonder if I run my tempos too fast though. Happy birthday, M!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Erniegirl

Mer - The indoor water park sounds like it would be fine and tire J out! A buffalo wild wings opened up not too far from here fairly recently...now you have me wanting try their wraps!

Stroller - Great job on your 800s. It is definitely time for these crazy weather changes to stop. Yup, my race on Saturday is a 5k. Ha ha, S stole the cheese from a store in another town, so at least she isn't driving up the crime rate in my town Smile

Arm - Drama queen DD3 is kind of funny. I wish it was summer clothing weather too, so I don't really blame her! Ugh on the rain and gloom. It is snow and gloom here. I'm going to tell the instructor beforehand that I have a race coming up so will be half assing the boot camp. Most of the other women in the class aren't in great shape anyway, so she motivates but doesn't do the stereotypical boot camp yelling.

Mrszm - That 22k trail race sounds intense! I was watching baseball last night, too. The start of baseball is pretty much the only sign of spring around here right now Sad. Ha, I think I remember discussing that exact same ethical situation in a philosophy class in university. I'm not sure the 1.5 hour drive to lulu would be worth it....sometimes the sales sections in the stores are great and sometimes they are extremely disappointing.

Becky - Yay for a pain free run! I always wished our house had a big porch, but now that I hear about all the work it's causing you, I am rethinking that.

Bermy - Hope your play date goes well! Great mileage this week! I always just say "No, thank you" to S, which is really not much different than no but seems more polite.

CA - Being able to relax with a mug of coffee is the best! I prefer to get up early and be able to do that than to sleep in now. Wow, super busy at the zoo. Is it spring break there? Crazy about people trying to commit robberies by driving their trucks through windows! Sounds like a movie scene. If you're not sure what your current HM pace is, could you go by HM effort instead? My tempo pace is somewhere between my HM pace and 10k pace...I'm never quite sure if I'm doing tempo runs right.

Spike - I hope you can find a better storage solution for your stroller. Having to pop off the wheels and wrestle it sounds like a PITA, but I guess it's a bonus ST workout Wink Poor R. I hope he feels better soon. I don't blame him for hating his medicine. Medicine tastes nasty!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

strollermama

spike:  I really only shop at REI when I have a coupon plus my dividend.  I needed running shoes and they carried them.

bermy:  You go girl.  Do you have a goal MP yet?

mrszm:  No, I had to buy blue ones.  They are so ugly.  They look like men's shoes.  I almost wanted to get another shoe because of it, haha.  I definitely notice that they have less padding in the heels but I think it will encourage a midfoot strike.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

running eh

cx2 - at least there are no menacing deer when you are on the elliptical!

ernie - I love that the employee just ignored her.  Did this make the news or did you find out about it small town style - word of mouth?

mer - did you take DS to the movies or was it date night?  I think when I am around the kids are more out of control as well....

stroller - you must be pumped for your marathon!!  You are nailing those paces - way to go mama!!  Yay for new shoes!

arm - DS is 5  - he had a good time at swimming lessons, there were only 2 kids in the class!  I think most 5 yr old are in school, but we decided not to send him to junior kindergarten, he will do regular kindergarten next year.  rain always drags me down too - as much as I want the cold to be over, I know that next thing is rain....

mzm - sucker for punishment?!  22k of terrible hills and stair, good for you!!

becky - happy porch sanding and staining - I feel lazy reading your posts!!  Glad you had a good run.

bermy - wow, sounds like a tough run, let us know how it goes!!  I bet you hit it no problem!  Yay for meeting new friends.

ca - no idea on QOTD, last night was the first time I ran and aimed for a certain pace (according to mcmillan)  Usually I just make stuff up...

Too bad about the zoo, but Happy Meals make everyone happy here.

running eh

spike - haha about DH - we have the opposite problem around here - DH never gains weight and he has amazing self control, though with his work and running he doesn't need to worry about his diet.  Drives me crazy - I will be the one complaining while eating candy.  giving meds to kids always sucks!!  Way to get out and run!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

Well, I got home at 6:50 and napped until 8:20, went back to work at 8:40.

cx2 - I like Joe Fresh shoes, also buy them used from Once Upon A Child, and Marshalls has really good prices too.

eh - they had a lot of the orange stuff on the sale rack...the reflective tights...I don't know what you like but the sale rack definitely wasn't all crappy.  What time are you working tomorrow?

ernie - the bank robbery sounds like something that would happen in Keswick.

mer - clients don't magically appear just because I am at work..the sales staff has to assign a client to me, and then I have to put them in my schedule.  So the 2 things that could happen if I had stayed at work 1) I'd do another 90 minute weight session and end up crippled 2) bored out of my tree.

arm - I can never buy a small enough ham that won't leave me with 10 tons of leftovers.  DH took a bit for a sandwich but left me with the rest.

stroller - I have had this light blue top for years that I've worn maybe once because it goes with nothing else..but now this skirt matches it. Hopefully it will be warm enough on Saturday to wear my new skirt for my 20 miler.

mrszm - yah I totally am hating the spring peachy pink/yellow/lime green colour palette at lulu.  Do you get the weekly email newsletter that highlights what's new in store?  it looks like the newer stuff is a nice normal pink (although I was fuming when I saw a pale ballet pink l/s run:swiftly new this week, I NEEDED that top 2 weeks ago to go with my inknburn!)  Once I bought a lulu water bottle online because I couldn't justify the gas, but when it arrived, I realized it shipped from BC (the other side of canada)

bermy - what's in the corn chowder? I use canned creamed corn (ya I know, at least I get the salt free kind) add some water, a tiny bit of salt, pepper, sesame oil, broccoli and drop in an egg when it's boiling.

CA - why don't you run a 5K time trial or something to gauge HM fitness?

spike - I have no patience for DH whining over things he can control, like aches & pains, and if he whined about weight gain, I'd tell him to clean up his diet, no sympathy.  It does take me longer to wake up from a nap than in the morning, but naps are the only way I can get within shouting distance of a normal amount of sleep.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

Zorbs - 1100-2300 and 1800 -0600 on Friday

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

eh - ah dang, our schedules don't mesh again! tomorrow we are doing 8x800 at 5:30 am and Friday I am at the gym but is a ST day.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

Ugh, the lulu skirt I ordered and was planning to wear for my race on Saturday appears to have gone missing en route. I ordered it 2 weeks ago and still haven't received a shipping notification from Canada Post. Meanwhile, a tank top I ordered last week has already arrived. I just called lulu...they'd better track that skirt down and have it here asap!

~~~

Eh - Not sure if the robbery attempt made the news (probably not) but yup, I totally heard about it word-of-mouth in true small town style.

Zorbs - Absolutely! In fact, everyone who hears about the robbery attempt is like "I bet the woman is from Keswick".

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runnergirl9508

had a really great run this morning- just shy of 9 miles with 6.5 at MP. Felt like i was floating at that pace today, sweet!

zorbs- enjoy the RD today. lol at B in the store window. i checked online, our closest lulu is a 2+hr drive away. boo! bummer on the big gap- nap in your car somewhere? it is supposed to warm up next week- i can't freakin wait!

Cx2- glad that C was ok for your mom- is she watching her a couple of days a week? haha on DH spilling the food and C's reaction, that's too cute! sad that there's still so much tension at work. you're with a new group if i remember correctly, right? yup, baby feet are adorable, why are the shoes so expensive?!

r-eh- great job getting your 400's done last night! good luck with the cleaning and errands today. awesome about DS swim lesson, i can't wait to start taking R swimming. i definitely don't shop a brand yet. the first real pair of shoes i got him were from a Shoe Dept on our way up to Maine last August. I realized, umm all he has are Target's knock-off Roobeez and we're going to be walking ALOT.

Ernie- how's the bootcamp class going? enjoy your stroller run later! ouch on the split lip! fortunately those heal quickly. I haven't tried to rain boot on R yet, but they should fit.

Mer- have a great run today, if you haven't gone already. And I hope you guys get to the zoo etc today, too! Yay for dinner and a movie out last night- date nights are great, enjoy! I really really want to get R some Toms...they're so stinkin cute!

strollermama- ha, i still want to type your "old" name... nice job on the 800's!!! I haven't ever tried Honey Stingers, are they gels? R's in size 5 too, but they're getting tight...

armmama- i love running in the rain!!! other than tennis, what kinds of XT do you like? i should make more time to swim, because i know it's good for me, and i actually enjoy it. aw, poor L, hope he's feeling better soon! oh no on the clothes drama, how old is she?

mrszm- that trail race sounds awesome!!! have you done trail races before? we have a nice series of them out here, but i haven't done any yet b/c i've been training for a marathon or preggo during the summers when they hold the races. so cute about C saying brew!

Beckykay- nice job on your run and YAY for no pain!!! where's C again? wow, you're staying super busy with house projects this week, way to go!!!

Bermy- kickbutt tempo run, mama!!! and nice weekly mileage. when do you start your taper? wow, sounds like a great time at the LLL meeting- that's awesome. hope the playdate goes well today too. ha, R is tall enough to reach most counters now- i have to push things wayyyyy back.

CA- ah, a cup of coffee in peace before everyone else is up- priceless!!! Enjoy your double workout today. I use my HM pace as my tempo pace. I loved the pics of M and her DQ- looks like you guys still haad a great day regardless of the zoo. glad that O is so flexible, she seems like such an easy going baby. that cake is awesome too!

Spike- nice job on getting out for your run, and i'm sure R enjoyed the fresh air too. I hope he's on teh mend soon! lol on Megan's eating plan- but seriously, when people say they're going to skip meals to try to lose weight, i just want to punch them in the face. repeatedly.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

runnergirl9508

Ernie- bummer on the skirt, crossing my fingers you get it soon!!!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

beckykay

Computer was down for lunch so I took a super long one Smile

Spike:  Grrrr, that is so frustrating.  K had no problem with the weight gain, I'm the one who wants him to lose it for health reasons....like we STILL haven't gotten life insurance yet because he's not in the best of shape and I don't want high premiums.  We are getting a quarter on the 13th.  I don't think we eat enough beef to justify a half....a chicken farm, maybe. Smile

Ernie:  Naw, its not that bad we just bought the money pit!  They better find your skirt ASAP!!!!!

Eh!:  I have a hard time sitting still if you can't tell Big grin

Zorbs:  HAHAH on the boy in the window at lulu.  C covers his ears and yells too loud whenever we walk in because the music is up so loud.  All the sales ladies give me the stink eye.

RG:  Grandma's (well my dad lives there too but is chopped liver).  He has no interest in calling me or skyping.  I can get him to answer a few questions, like how much candy have you had today but then he is done.  We leave friday at noon to join him.

ok back to page 1

beckykay

RG:  We went through 5-7 very quickly but now he seems to have slowed down again.  Puddle jumping is the best!

Cx2:  C would always laugh so hard when we made a mess.. Glad it is so entertaining for you bud.

grrrr.....gotta go bossman is bugging me.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

bermy - nice work on the tempo! I've been running that same tempo pace, but only for 3 miles, 10 miles at tempo is amazing! Mmmmm corn chowder!

mzm - WOW on the trail race, sounds challenging! I hope RP doesn't bail, my RP and I would both have to be in an accident or dying to bail on a run.

becky - M wasn't super excited to facetime gma yesterday... kids can be funny that way. Your lunch looked fantastic Smile We got a half a side of beef this year and it's great, super high quality meat for a very good price, plus I've always got something in my freezer.

spike - I have to take the wheels off my double to put it in the back of our xterra... it's a pain but at least I can get it in. Ugh on whiner DH. I'd do the same, trash all the garbage food and tell him the rest is up to him.

ernie - yeah it is spring break for some schools, public and separate have different breaks. I'm out of the loop on mat leave so haven't a clue who's off, but they were all at the zoo.

zorbs - hmm a time trial, that sounds like advice I'd give... but not very much fun in the moment Smile

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/