Womens Running

Toasty Toes Thursday Supermoms (Read 29 times)

runnergirl9508

Morning Supermamas~

RR: teaching 6AM core class today, whoop! The usual 5-6 miles on my lunch break later. Ran 5.4 yesterday, decided while on the run to throw a few fartleks in and ended up with 2 solid miles at tempo pace. Surprised myself since it was snowy/icy/cold out. Felt great too.

TR: i can feel both bottom molars, and think they're about to pop through. it also looks like he's getting another bottom tooth. he ran to the door a few times yesterday and looked up at me and pointed to go outside. i feel bad for him, but it's just too cold to hvae him out right now! He's getting really good at building things with his lego duplo blocks.

NRR: not too much going on. my friend's DH who had the brain tumors operated on just moved to a rehab facility and is doing really well. he's starting chemo and radiation next week, but his prognosis looks good.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 5 miles of hills with Sam.  It is out and back and straight uphill for the first half.  She tells me she has shin splints, going to physio tomorrow, but wants to run through it today because it only hurts post-run. Um..ok.  It is "only" -9C out right now..positively toasty!

TR - tucked Dee Dee into bed last night, fed him water from a sippy and read him a story.  SO CUTE!

FR - crockpot chili.

~~~~~~~

rg - B is at the point where he actually can name the things he builds (helicopter, truck, car) and amazingly enough, the creations actually somewhat resemble the actual thing.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - 10k @ hm pace. I love and hate these runs - I thought they were great preparation for my half last time but they kind of suck while you're doing them! And my 10k route has a monstrosity of a hill in it.

BR - She was so hilarious at sensory class yesterday. One of the stations had boxes with different things hidden in them. She found a toy strawberry in one of the boxes and then spent the rest of the class throwing the strawberry around, crawling after it and laughing hysterically. Who knew a fake strawberry could be so funny?

FR - Not sure. Have to meal plan and grocery shop today.

NRR - I was talking to someone on the planning committee for our town's spring fair yesterday and it made me really want winter to be be over! Or at least for this cold snap to be over so we can spend more time outside. Anyway, the fair has a 5k race and apparently they are thinking of adding a 10k this year. I told DH I am going to sign him up for the 10k. He was not amused.

~~~~~~~~~~

rg - S was banging at the front door wanting to get out, too! Way too cold out there, at least for a few more days. Glad to hear things are looking good for your friend's DH. An old girlfriend of one of my friends was diagnosed with a brain tumor 2 year ago and she had the surgery and one year of chemo and is now doing great. A brain tumor sounds so scary but it seems like many of them are quite treatable.

Zorbs - What? Only -9C there? I am jealous of your balmy weather! It is -18 here, -27 with the windchill. Aw, super cute with B putting his toy to bed.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Marathonjen

rg - Great job on your run yesterday!  Hope today is great too. What do you wear on these cold runs?  Great news about your friends DH...I can't even imagine what they are going through.  J is missing being outside right now too.  Whenever we get home and I take him out of the car he points to the outside.

zorbs - Hope you have a good run and Sam's shins hold up.  Too cute about B caring for Dee Dee.  Yum on the crockpot chili.

Ernie - I am totally with you on winter being over...I am over it and ready for some nice runs on dry pavement in 50+ degree weather!!  Too cute about S and the fake strawberry...so amazing what kids find funny.  Have a great run...you can do it!!

RR - Only had time for 5 on the TM yesterday...was hoping for 6.  Not 4-6 today depending on when I get there.  I have to drop off my dustbuster to be repaired.  I have had it for 3 months and maybe used it 10 times and now it doesn't work.

TR - So cute this morning...he thinks it is hilarious to run away from me when I am trying to get his shoes, hat, and coat on.  He runs away and looks back and giggles...then falls to the floor.  Was looking at pictures of his classmates and points to each one and tries to say their name.  He pointed at one little girl and said her name perfectly and then kissed the picture!!

NRR - One of my coworkers sisters is taking some pics of J for free on Saturday.  She is an amateur photographer and wants to build her portfolio of kids...ok...she is going to edit and give me 5-10 of the best pictures...all for free.  I am excited but feel like I should give her something???

BermyHorse

RR: coaching session. My coach has been off island chaperoning the kids national volleyball team somewhere in the Caribbean. She is also a fab volleyball player.

RR2: I think I officially hate speedwork with a stroller. I admit it was better than no speedwork, but not by much. DH was pretty late home so I wouldn’t have had any choice. Anyway, it got done but it was not pleasurable like normal. Can’t win them all right?

NRR: playgroup. This one has a cool playhouse at the end of the field. DS loves poking his head through the windows.

BR: has big white buldges in his upper gums. He has 10 teeth already. He was up at 2.15am. We nursed and snuggled under a cuddly blankie in his bed. And we both must have fallen asleep as we woke at 7am.

FR: the Bolognese I didn’t make yesterday as we had leftover rice/corn cake-patty-burger thing. DS ate a whole corn cake! Nice dude! I think he could feel the hours of love that went into those… I will most definitely only make them again if I have leftover rice!

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

runnergirl9508

zorbs- aw, that is so cute about DeeDee! sounds like a tough run this morning, but one that makes you feel awesome once it's done. hope Sam's shins are ok! whoo hoo on the warm up! it's supposed to maybe crack 20*F tomorrow...i can't wait! it was 1* this morning...

ernie- aw, that sensory class sounds awesome. i wish we had something like that here too. ooh, another race, sweet!! i'm an oddball, and i LOVE tempo runs!! i felt like they were the key workout in dropping time off my full marathon. my favorite workout was 2 miles warm-up, 3 @ tempo pace (1/2 marathon pace), 1 mile at marathon pace, 3 miles @ tempo, 2 miles cool-down. yeah, 11 miles total, but such a confidence booster!!

jen- that's fantastic about the free pics! we had a free session last spring with a lady who was just getting started too, and i just put the photos on FB to help promote the photographer. i also spread the word at work, and at least 3 of my coworkers and a handful of the members have booked sessions with her. awww, sounds like J has a little gf! i have been wearing heavy weight tights, a long-sleeve tech shirt, an UA fleece-lined quarter zip top, hat, gloves, and sunglasses (to keep the wind out of my eyes).

runnergirl9508

x-post with Bermy- i am so impressed with your stroller speedwork! that's badass. have fun at playgroup today. i just signed up for a playgroup i found on meetup.com, but haven't heard from anyone yet. hope your coaching session goes well today. I can't believe D has 10 teeth!! R has 5, with #6 about to break through.

CTimesTwo

Morning,

RR - maybe 4 on the TM when C naps... on Tuesday she napped long enough for me to run 6.25 plus shower!  Not expecting that today, so I'll keep my goal lower...

BR - third tooth poking through... and the 4th is coming too...

Slept most of the time at my mom's yesterday.  I guess she was really tired?

NRR - probably going back to the doctor's tomorrow... sore throat and coughing just won't quit... this is the longest i've been sick...

rg - hope he's not too bothered by the teeth coming in!

zorbs - was just telling DH it's been awhile since I made chili...

ernie - yea, i'd settle for warmer weather, not necessairly spring like but something warmer than this would be nice!

bermy - i can't imagine doing speedwork with a stroller!

jen - maybe just a gift card to a coffee shop or a store or restaurant as a thank you?

running eh

RR - mom is coming to visit today - hoping she will be willing to stick around with DD2 while I sneak out for 10ish k

NRR - no fresh fruit and very few fresh veggies left  - sounds like I'll be doing groceries today.

KR - DS is going on a playdate today.  I have never seen him be so eager to get dressed in the morning.

FR - chili - and salad (if I don't eat all the greens for lunch)

RG - great run yesterday!  I want to be like you, I love how excited you are for every run (not to mention, I want your times)!  That is great news about DH's friend - hope he has a good recovery!

Zorbs - great job on that hill today.  At least coming back fees great!  Cute about B tucking in DeeDee.

Ernie - That run will feel so great when it is done!  What plan are you following?  Does DH run at all?  I tried to tell DH he should run a marathon with me - he wasn't convinced either.

mjen - frustrating about the dustbuster!  I keep thinking it would be a handy thing to have.  Our vacuum cleaner is in the basement and sometimes I'm just to lazy to drag it upstairs.   Yay on free photography!

bermy - sounds like your coach is one talented lady!  Speedwork with the stroller is tough.  I think it doesn't really feel like speedwork and yet it is so difficult!  You rocked your 800s though.   My guess is you will really surprise yourself on that marathon.  Did you say your goal was 4:15?

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  SRD.  Worked my legs quite a bit yesterday.  I did my last mile at 7:03!  I figured if I can race at that pace,  I should be pushing to be faster for my normal runs.

TR:  My little early bird.  We had a good night last night.  It went fast.  I love being home with my boys at night.

NRR:  Had a really bummer afternoon yesterday.  I felt like it was one thing after another coming at me and that really sucked.  Hoping today is better.  We have a conference call with Google to talk about Chromebooks which should be interesting.

FR:  We snacked on popcorn last night and it totally hit the spot!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

runninmer

rg - Molars are the worst.  Legos are so fun.  J and DH sit and build with legos a lot!

zorbs - I hope you had a nice and toasty run!

ernie - Glad you had a good time at sensory class.

jen - Yay for free picutres.  I was thinking about getting J's 2 year pics done and trying to figure out who we are going to use.  Bummer about the dustbuster.

bermy - You are a saint for all of the stroller runs that you do.  Speed and stroller really don't work together for me.  Enjoy your coaching session!

cx2 - I hope you start to feel better soon and the doctor can figure out what is going on with you!  You are too funny about keeping your expectations low.  Never a bad thing with a baby though!

eh! - I was just telling DH the other day that I can't wait to start buying J fresh fruit and veggies.  All this prepackaged stuff is getting old.  Crossing my fingers that you can get out for your run today!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

jmmiller

RR: 5-7 milestroller with the stroller if the rain stops

BR: up at 5am Sad

TR: we are on day 5 of potty training. Should I take them to Target today? It's a 30 minute drive each way. WWYD?

5K - 21:44     10K - 44:54     15k - 1:09:37     HM - 1:39:05   Marathon - 3:28:48

jmmiller

RG: It must be so hard for DS and you not to go out On those cold days. That's great news about your friend.

Zorbs: I'm wondering what a physio can do for shin splints unless maybe its a stress fracture?

Ernie: too cute about the strawberry. Have you heard of the book The Big Hungry Beat? It's about a mouse getting a strawberry and keeping it from the bear. My DD loves it .

5K - 21:44     10K - 44:54     15k - 1:09:37     HM - 1:39:05   Marathon - 3:28:48

mrszackmorris

rr: something on the tm at some point today

tr: dd1 is home from school again with a fever. I feel so bad bc she loves school!

br: woke up from nap screaming yesterday so we snuggled a bit and then he went back down. That never happens. I am blaming it on the molar bumps i feel in his mouth.

nrr: i heard yesterday that New Kids on the Block is touring this summer. they play in Illinois on my birthday. I think that is a sign!!

fr: meatballs maybe. dh has been working later and we have been eating without him. it is getting old.

jmmiller

Jen: that's so great you are getting a free photo shoot! Maybe get a small gift as a thank you.

Bermy: I'm so impressed you did the workout with the stroller! Was DS shocked by how fast you were going?!!