Womens Running

Grumpy Thursday - Supermoms (Read 19 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

DH had a coughing fit for at least an hour last night and did not have the decency to a) sleep in another room b) take cough medicine or c) all of the above and I didn't have a nap yesterday so I've now been up for 24 hours straight.  THANKS DH YOU ASSHOLE.

RR - 8K with Emma at 5 am. -10C, windchill of -17.

TR - told me "nice hair!" kept diaper dry all day.

FR - beef bone and veggie soup.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Hey, I'll copy my FB post here too...

RR - srd.  Did 8k w/ Lori last night.  It's finally warming up!

TR - need to get a Christmas list from her or get her to write one for Santa

bR - apparently ate twice what she normally does at daycare yesterday - that's saying something!

FR - leftovers.  I walked in the door from my run llast night and dh had a stir fry made, it was really tasty.

WR - ... won't repeat it but ugh.  And yay for being done until the new year, I guess Smile

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runninmer

Boo to everyone posting on FB.  I can't access that from work.  Sad

RR:  Didn't get to run yesterday so I brought stuff today and will head straight to the TM after work.  4 miles.

BR:  Slept 8 hours STRAIGHT!  I woke up at midnight and quickly fell back asleep then woke right before my alarm and H was waking at the same time.  I needed sleep really bad.

TR:  Had a really good night until right before bed.  Just plain doesn't listen and is defiant.  Tell him NOT to do something and he does it.  Its like his little mind is set on doing something and he can't function if that thought isn't executed.  Frustrating.  Doesn't help that H was fussy either...I didn't have much patience.

NRR:  Glad to have my room to myself.  Really need to pump.  STTN = Full Boobies!

FR:  DH made pizza last night, it was good.  Black olives and sauteed mushrooms.

zorbs - No, this was a different sub.  She is a little weird, but the kids loved her!  Go you for running outside.  There is a point, that I just wont...especially when we are under a wind chill advisory!

CA - H nurses pretty quickly.  I wish he would suck longer sometime just for the extra milk!  Glad work is almost done for the year for you!  I hope you are able to find something new soon!

spike - When are you shopping for your outfit?  Did you look at WHBM at all?

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

runnergirl9508

Mer- YAY for a full nights sleep! Lol on the full boobies. I remember those mornings. Sorry J is being so tough right now. Those little toddlers are so strong willed. Hope you have a good run today.

CA- sorry about th work furlough, again! I hope you can find a new job soon. I'd be interested to see what M puts on her list Smile

Zorbs- hope you get a nap in later!! Too many days of little sleep and I'm a total grump.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Yesterday was chiro appt and have to go to the store tonight, so no running

TR: Had to chase him around the house and threaten to put him in timeout so I could get his coat on him, then managed to forget my purse at home. Still wakes up and sits in his bed crying even though we put the toddler rail on and he can get out if he pleases. So annoying since its usually 10 minutes before my alarm.

FR: last night was chicken italian sausage pasta. No idea about tonight since I'm grocery shopping.

NRR: DH is all excited because they decided to decorate the ladder truck for the Christmas Parade this weekend and wants R to ride in front with him. They are going to have a guy in a santa suit and a decorated christmas tree in the bucket on the ladder. He volunteered me to go shopping for the lights and decorations though...

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- Ugh, luckily DH hasn't had a cough in a while, but there was a time where he had a cough for like 3 mos. Before R was born I used to sleep in the guest room if one of us was sick that way I didn't have to endure or make DH endure fevers and chills. Do you make your own beef stock? I can make chicken stock just fine, but for some reason my beef stock never turns out flavorful.

CA- R's appetite is back through the roof and his shoes are getting too small, that boy is a-growing! Sorry about your work situation, that just sucks.

Mer- R is being very defiant too, so frustrating! You are so lucky that Harrison STTN! If R stops listening or gets too hyper/wiggly, he gets sent to bed.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

Mer- I looked online at their stuff, I'm going to go look in Wenatchee this weekend (They have Macys, Maurices, and a few other stores) when I do my Xmas shopping. The problem with WHBM is that I don't look very good in white or red, and that only leaves black- which is OK, I just prefer to wear saturated colors/jewel tones.

runninmer

Do you  like red as an accent color?  Say, for jewelry?!

Mer- I looked online at their stuff, I'm going to go look in Wenatchee this weekend (They have Macys, Maurices, and a few other stores) when I do my Xmas shopping. The problem with WHBM is that I don't look very good in white or red, and that only leaves black- which is OK, I just prefer to wear saturated colors/jewel tones.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

runnergirl9508

RR: 6.5 miles this morning. Icy in spots so my pace was all over, but I don't really care as long as I stay upright!

TR: wouldn't eat anything for breakfast for DH today, other than spoonfuls of PB right out of the jar. Making him an early lunch now.

NRR: i Need to finish writing cChristmas cards today and mail them

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - ugh on the sleep!!  Brrr, cold is always worse in the dark too.

mer - I agree, everyone should post here.  I can read FB on my phone but it's a PITA to post from it, and also can't get to FB on my work computer.  YAY sleep!!!  M gets that way at bedtime too, she gets overtired and then is just BAD some nights.

rg - from fb, I wish I wasn't in marathon recovery mode, but I am going to run run run as much as I can Smile and will for sure be putting the kids in daycare!

spike - ugh, M can also be such a pain trying to leave the house!  She's capable of doing so much herself but then just goofs off when we need to leave.  I'm glad DH does mornings.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

Do you  like red as an accent color?  Say, for jewelry?!

Mer- sometimes. I just have a ruddy complexion and red makes it stand out. I have a red statement necklace that I wear occasionally. Nearest WHBM to try on stuff is in Spokane, 2 hours away.

CA-  I wish DH did mornings, but I'm usually nice and take R to daycare in the mornings even on DH's day off so he can sleep in. DH does an occasional daycare pickup, but I'd say that is only like 4x a month.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

CA - B wants everything, and he has a habit of picking the biggest, most expensive toys at the store.

mer - I'm 99.9% sure I would have TM'd if I didn't have an RP to meet.

rg - well DH took B and will take him to daycare..so I get to go nap earlier than usual.

spike - I just throw stew meat/bones in water with 2 bay leaves, carrots, potato, celery and cabbage and let it cook all day.  At the end I add some tomato soup.  That's it..not even salt.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

Spike- how, uh, nice of DH to volunteer you to buy the lights and decorations for the truck! That's cool that he's so excited to take R with him- I bet they will have a blast. How's your back/SI been feeling? Good luck with the clothes shopping!

superspike113

Honorary Old

runnergirl- I went to the chiro for one last adjustment yesterday. I think we have the SI joint pummeled into submission for the time being. I didn't realize how messed up my shoulders were too. Chiro said most of my problems are caused by tight muscles, so he thinks it would be helpful if I did more massage. Oh and DH volunteers me for shit ALL.THE.TIME.

beckykay

Sorry guys.  I am lame.  I have a murder trial on Monday and someone decided it was a great weekend to go out of town with the inlaws.  DOH!  I've been making exhibits and scouring over case law for the past several days.  I think I am also coming down with strep/cold.  horrible sore throat for the past few days.  I promise I will be back on Tuesday!