Womens Running

It's Friday here (dailies) (Read 17 times)

Kilmisters

Hehe, a bit early for US time zones, I know.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Heh, perfect timing for me.

Looking forward to this week being done!  And having lots of free time this weekend. Running 10 on Sat and 6 on Sun.  Tapering for 50 next weekend. Plenty of time for World Cup, yay.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Kilmisters

Lizzie, I would put it differently - you have to have coffee as the first point of to-do-list to achieve anything else on that list.

Karen, ugh, long runs in heat are the worst. At which mile did the struggle begin? Or was it awful from the start?

Cathy, I still can't get used to your time-based; uneven minute runs. It's been weeks, but no... Just no. Big grin

Sandy, totally understand the struggle of working for 3. I have a vacation (1 week) planned in the end of August; it should be good news, but it scares me. The odds of s--- not hitting the fan at least once during those five working days are nearly 0.

8mi yesterday, all miles in downpour. Oh well. Better than the heat! It's back now, tho. Might use the Karen's pace adjustment table for weekend's speedwork. Or run at midnight Big grin

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thursday’s run was 45 minutes with a mile walk afterwards. I saw a squirrel with an off-white tail. A bird came within about 3 feet of me and it was a Flicker. Goose families, robins, etc. It was a good bird day.

Today I plan a lighter park run, then out to my library. Long run on Sunday.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8 miles for me!

Pretty good run! It was a nice 68 degrees. Dewpoint still around 67 but I will take it! I wore my Brooks Ghost..ugh..I have to keep the runs shorter if I am going to wear those. Like I have said in the past, they really make my legs feel heavy! I need new shoes..I wish those Triumph's weren't $160!

Long run tomorrow should (keyword should) be decent. Looking ahead it looks like the temperature should be in the low 60's! Going to to do some searching to see if I can switch up my route a bit. Close to home, though. I am going to save my downtown run until I get to those 20's. I am ahead of schedule on the long runs. I am planning on doing 17-18 tomorrow which is actually what next week calls for. I may go for more miles tomorrow though since the weather will be nice! Plus next week I have a hair apt on Saturday so may have to do my long run on Friday. Might be a "shorter" long run. AND its going to be hot as hell next week. BLAH. We'll see. Just thinking outloud.

Is it time to go yet?

Run4kupcakes – Enjoy the nice weather! I think its supposed to last until Sunday. Then…awful.

Margaret – I think your grumpy week calls for some carb loading of beer tonight Smile

Kilmisters – Good point about the to do list. LOL. Hey, when you are on vacation you shouldn’t worry about what is going on at the office! That is the beauty of vacation! Nice downpour miles yesterday!! Love those rainy runs. Are you supposed to be real hot next week? So are we. Ugh.

Okay, off to comb through emails. Happy FRIIIYYAYYY

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have 3 but woke up with a migraine, a light one at least.  It's a tension one; just checked the areas that are bothering me.  Too bad I cannot crack my neck myself, ha.

Trying to nip it in the bud since we are flying out at noon.  I might just let the 3 go and see if I can run them in MT.  We'll see!

Elina, nice 8.

Margaret, looking forward to seeing how you do on the 50.

Judy, enjoy the run and the library.

Liz, nice 8.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend.  I'm still in the slow build back up phase from Spring training.

Damaris hope the migraine clears...you've already got the miles in the bag so missing 3 won't hurt you.  Say hi to Lisa and Abhay.

Looking forward to Margaret's RR as that has been a race I've looked at.

Sandy there's only 3 of us here...my boss, me and my coworker. My coworker isn't much for data analytics but I like it.

I did my 3 yesterday.  I was feeding the cats and stepped up to put food in their bowls and fell and cut/bruised my knee.  Didn't realize until I noticed blood on my pants.  Still did the 3 .  Supposed to do 8 Sat and then 6 on Sun but I'm going down and spending the weekend with DD and DGD.  We are going to the aquarium.

FriYay!!!

Blew off the swim and snuggled w DF instead.

Guess I need to get some work done today.

Happy Friday!!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Friday the 13th, hope it's not unlucky for anyone.     Rest day today, will do some strength later.  DH's birthday is tomorrow, we are planning on taking our bikes to spend the day in Madison.  I have a 53 minute out & back run tomorrow morning and a 1 hour 42 minute long run on Sunday.  According to my plan, that's approximately 5.3 miles and 9.7 respectively.  

Elina, happy Friday!  Nice miles in the rain!  I can see you running at midnight.  

Hey Margaret!  Congrats for surviving the week!  

Lizzie, nice 8!   Also nice that you are ahead of schedule on your long runs.  The build-up run for Lakefront is up to 10 miles this weekend, so you are way ahead of the game.    Haha, scheduling running takes a lot of thought.     I would hope that if your friend is training with a marathon group that they would talk to her about pacing.  But you never know, based on what Karen shared, pacing seems to be all over the place!  My fast co-worker used to have the problem of not being able to slow down for his runs.  He said that he couldn't slow down!  He always used to run at a really high heart rate all the time.  He also used to get injured a lot.  But he is much better now.  

Damaris, have a safe trip!  I'm guessing that missing that 3 won't hurt you at all.  

Diane, enjoy your weekend with DD and DGD!  Ouch on the knee.

Sue, sounds like a good reason to blow off the swim.  

Karen, that is really hot weather to run 10!  Hope you had a good nap.  

Cathy

Anonymous Guest

I am not running today. It's been awhile since I've had a rest day., plus post-daycare Riley let me sleep until 7. I looked at OTF, but between burpees and bench hop overs, too much jumping for my PF-threatening right foot. I'll probably hop on the bike for a bit later - since DH put mine on his smart trainer, it's way more fun. I'm thinking a second smart trainer might be in our future this fall when it gets dark before he can get outside to ride during the week. My big news - I just answered my phone (okay, that in itself is not the big news, Sandy) and it was my TM delivery people. They are coming next Tuesday!!!!!

Tomorrow is my last unofficial run with last year's baby runners. We've been going either 6 or 8 miles, but I told them tomorrow I want to do the 3 mile route and the 6 mile route so I can record them with mapmyrun and have that for the new runners. So offering 3, 6 or 9 mile options, and need to see if I have the mapmyrun app on my phone and try to remember my username and password for that. I'm really excited about starting the new group (with help from the old group) next weekend. I think I'll start working on an email to go out to all the newbies today.

I never made it back for personals yesterday because I was just grumpy from my run. I know I shouldn't be, and I looked at both the pace adjustment table I posted awhile back and what Sandy posted yesterday and it turns out I wasn't really that awfully slow adjusted for the weather. But it still just sapped my energy and worried me about being able to do long runs to get ready for the 100, so I needed some time to wallow in self pity. I can do this, just need to commit to long run days, get up early and keep it nice and slow on those days.

Elina, downpour sounds kinda nice. As for where did it start to hurt - about mile 4. Got really bad by 7 and ran/walked/took a break the last three. It would have been worse if I'd been in my no shade neighborhood, at least I had shade for the majority of it.

Gatsby, I'm so excited for your race next weekend! Your training has made me realize what a slacker I've been when it comes to long runs. I kinda forgot how much training I used to do for ultras.

Liz, wow, that's some nice summer weather. I have a pair of ON Clouds that I like. They are really comfortable, but they feel really light so I've been afraid so far to run more than 5-6 miles in them. I'm also thinking about a new pair of NB 1080s - I had a pair of 880s last summer I liked. I have the same problem with the Ghosts as you. They are really comfortable when I put them on, but if I wear them for any distance, ugh.

Damaris, stupid migraine. Not running sounds like a good idea. Make sure and hydrate hydrate hydrate today, between travel and a migraine you will need it. Maybe take the aisle seat so you can get up and pee several times . Run them tomorrow if you can, but since this one is for fun, it won't be a big deal if you miss it and need the first few miles of the race to get rid of the sluggishness.

Diane, yikes on the bloody knee, but glad it couldn't stop you!

Morning, Sue and Judy! And everyone yet to come, or that has posted while I've been typing this. Since I'm not running today, I'll probably be back later to check in. Plenty of extra time on my hands!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Haha. Aisle seat is for husband here but I will!  Glad I didn’t go to OTF. I saw they had 13 All Outs whicg is awesome but for race week. Lol.

brought clothes in case I can run there tomorrow. Sometimes we get bored and stay in the room so I’ll take advantage if so.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ginnyb

I have a case of the grumpies this morning and I can't shake it.   Being at work, downstairs, with all the computers is not helping!   I really dislike this part of my job, really dislike!  I didn't work out this morning either, just didn't feel like it.  I probably should have because maybe it would have helped the bad mood.

DH and I took a day trip yesterday, so I didn't even read any posts.

liz.....nice you are ahead in your long runs, sorry about the hot weather next week.

Damaris....hope the headache goes away.

Sue.....good for snuggling this morning!

Diane.....ouch on the knee.

karen....Yay on the TM arrival!  Maybe you will feel better about the hot weather, running situation when you can run on the TM.  Exciting about the new group!  So cool that you are able to do that.

Talking about shoes, my DD swears by the Ghosts, but she doesn't run.  I have to find some shoes, but the running store near me, well an hour drive, won't let you return if you wear them outside!  What the heck?  I have to try them outside.  That doesn't even make sense to me.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Tfw one of your baby runners, the one that signed up last year because he just wanted to improve his 5K time, texts you and tells you he just signed up for the Cypress Half and the Houston Full Marathon . So proud.

Cathy, that sounds like a fun way to spend DH's birthday.

Ginny, that's really annoying of that store. I would be so tempted (but I wouldn't do it because I hate confrontation) to go in, have them look at my feet and gait and everything, try on a bunch of shoes, and then tell them you are going to buy somewhere else because you can't tell for sure if they'll work for you until you actually run in them. I hope your day gets better.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Kilmisters

Lizzie, reading your post reminded me how much planning we, runners, put into the whole thing, incl weather stalking, picking routes few runs ahead so that they are ''utilized'' in the most exciting way etc. And how non-runners think we are crazy if we start describing this train of thought for whatever the reason Big grin And yeah, it's supposed to be really hot here next week. Not. Nice.

Damaris, hoping you feel better!

Diane, how's the knee? Sometimes those cuts look way worse than they are.

Sue, that's the best reason to cancel the swim Smile

Cathy, during my short chat w boss she mentioned that for Friday 13th the day is going quite well. Had she not told that, I would have gone the whole day without noticing Big grin

Karen, that's so great about the baby runner! And so nice that he decided to let you know!

6.8mi work->home today, seemed like a fitting end to the working week after arriving to office at 7am today. Got rain. Again. I marched around the office w non-alco can of beer starting from 2pm as 1) the early arrival had ensured the main stuff was done and I had no willingness to start new, big stuff on Friday afternoon, so I was just lazily setting up certain templates/meeting invites for the next week 2) last 2 weeks... just... ugh... I deserved it!

TGIF!

I will sleep tomorrow. A lot.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Docket – GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND! Say hi to Lisa for us! Hope that headache goes away.

Diane – Oh no! Glad the knee is okay. Your weekend sounds fun!!!

Susan – Aw, snuggle time  Smile

Cathy – Your weekend sounds fun, too! Are you going out to eat? Did he request CAKE?! I can understand how someone would have a hard time slowing down. Sometimes I do! When that happens I have to pay attention to my stride..which really I don’t want to “think” at all when I am running hahah. If that makes sense. Good luck on the runs (you don’t need it) and have a good time celebrating DH’s birthday!

Karen – After reading how you felt after your run yesterday, I would say, YES – take that rest day! WOOHOO exciting about the treadmill! Aw, sorry you were grumpy yesterday after your run. You can be grumpy. Running in that kinda weather sucks. If I had to do it CONSTANTLY – I would be grumpy all the time! LOL. And what did you tell me the other day about pace?! It applies to you too you know Smile You can do this!! Hmm..maybe I should run the day before a race to get rid of sluggishness.

Ginny – Awe, sorry you are grumpy! Maybe because you didn’t work out? I hope you had a good day trip yesterday with DH! I loved your video this morning of Dixie! She is TOO cute!! Starting your day off with that cutie – how can you be grumpy?!  Smile  One thing I like about most local running stores and running shoe companies is they let you have a 30 day trial with your running shoes!! EVEN OUTSIDE. That is crazy to me that they won’t let you return them! Maybe try them on at the store and order them online. I know most companies let you return if they don’t work out.

Kilmisters – You are right! We do a lot of planning! Nice miles today! I would have made that non-alcoholic can…an ALCOHOLIC. Haha. Get some rest girl!!

Today has been SO SLOW!!! I am hoping I can get out of here a little early. Picking up Ruger from daycare and then heading home. Have to get ready for the run tomorrow Smile

Good luck racers!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2