Womens Running

Frosty Car Friday (Over 40) (Read 22 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Spring is eagerly awaited here.

Thursday I worked out at home, cardio and weights for 90 minutes. I needed a few XT days so I could get some tasks done at home.
      Today will be a similar workout since I must do a grocery run and some errands.
      Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Good morning Judy!  Heading to run in a minute.

Carol hard wood.  They didn't finish so It will be done today.  Good thing I'm thin so I could squeeze into the master bath to get our things we would need since we couldn't stay in our room.  At least the dressers are in the living room so I could get cloths.  It took them longer than expected to prep the floor.

Marjorie

LC Runs

TGIF Ladies Big grin

Well, slept right through the alarm this am, probably just as well as I'm short on time.  Have to leave early for an all day meeting about 30 miles out of town ugh.  This new administration LOVES all day Friday meetings, Confused

I am bringing my running stuff with me, but not sure I'll have time after work.  Oh well, at least the weekend schedule is clear.

Judy - will you go grocery shopping for me, too?   LOL

Marjorie - Enjoy the run

camille2

Good morning!  I should have stayed in the lowlands-I think I lied about spring being on the way.  It looked sunny and bright and was high 30's-40 outside yesterday, so I dressed to run at the park in town and planned to do core at the gym. When I got there, the wind was really blowing and it just felt bitter.  I wimped out and ran on TM.  I had shorts in the car, but the outfit was mismatched, I didn't have lotion for legs and I did speedwork/intervals. Just as I was finishing them and looking red and terrible, a friend who is into looking good came in!   Smile  I never see anyone I know there.   Oh well... I did 5.5 with 8 intervals. Felt good about that part!

Marjorie, in having so much work done here, I've learned to double the estimated time they tell me work will take.  I've decided contractors are an optimistic group.  : )  Funny your bro lives so close to your dad and had not a clue what was going on.

Laura, sorry about the meeting.  How did the weekend work turn out?

Carol, sounds like you may have figured out a solution to feeling run down. Hope the protein works.

Cindy, I'm a big fan of small schools. I wish you good luck with the charter.  We put DD in a small Catholic school (we aren't Catholic) when she was going into Jr High, mainly to avoid the big public high school.  She ended up with a great peer group and they could be involved in any sport or activity due to less competition.

Ginny, MCM would be a great choice! Hope you do it! I also hope your mouth is better. You're right to make them see you.  I had a sinus fistula after a wisdom tooth extraction. I had to call them 3 times before they "got it" and was sick by then. I don't see him anymore.

Julie, I understand about the posting issue.  I had similar issues the last 2 days, but I just quit and had to rewrite. At least it took yours!

Sue, how are you storing your fabric?  That's my mess.  My sewing room is in the loft and I use the low closets on the sides for storage. The fabric is in tubs by color, so I am crawling around or pulling  out tubs and end up with fabric all over.  I've been looking at organizers/dressers/bookcases, but none seem quite right. I have a kitchen table for cutting/sewing. Do you have a sewing table?

Karen, the other strap doesn't work. I'll prob try the bandaide or wrapping the transmitter in a little fabric for cushioning.  How many maniac stars are you?  I rejoined this week and my one star looks pretty lonely, though I suspect it'll stay that way.  I looked thru the site and was amazed at how many some have!  Can't imagine how they do so many!  I'd forgotten it's a good place to find races.

Tessa, I also meant to comment on your speed. You've really gotten fast. On the wedding, I did mean food, flowers, tents, tables...  The farmhouses and converted barns : ) are furnished with the rustic log type furniture.  There are foam mattresses for people who want to sleep in the meeting room on the cheap, but I doubt most people will do that.

It's a day off for me and I'm ready for it.  Have to go to my mom's.  She has urinary symptoms again and has an appt today.

Have a great day!

Anonymous Guest

Good morning!

Cold this morning, but should warm up to 50 today and the sun is out. I'm running 12 with 9 at tempo this afternoon.

Laura, the threat of all-day Friday anything is one thing that keeps me at this job even when I hate it. We have a 37.5 hour work week and get off at 12:30 on Fridays. I get so much done on Friday afternoons the thought of sitting in a meeting all day depresses me! In fact, my meeting next week in Chicago is W-Th. My boss sent out several options for when people were available. One was a Th-F option. Before I could come up with a reason why that would NOT work (besides I didn't want to fly home on Friday afternoon!), my friend on the committee (and old boss so she works upstairs and also gets Friday afternoons off) replied to all that the Th-F would  not work for her. I replied to just her and said thank you for having a conflict because I didn't want to work/travel all day Friday, and she told me she didn't really have a conflict, she just didn't want to work/travel all day Friday either!

camille, we've had strong, cold winds a lot this winter/spring. And I'm sorry, but even in this group you don't get to call running on the TM "wimping out"! For the Maniacs, I have 4 stars. I did a double in 2011 and quickly determined that that would be plenty of stars for me! I've seen a couple people really burn out chasing stars. In my opinion it doesn't really matter how many stars you have. What matters is that you are running and enjoying it. I may end up with 5 after all the marathons in different states I'm planning the next year, but it won't bother me if I don't. I guess it's just a matter of what your goals are and what you want out of it. I want to do the 50 states, but I want to see a little bit of the area I'm running, so I'm not going to going to just knock off a bunch of states doing some of these series that are popping up (the "Dust Bowl" that is happening now, for example). If your goal is chasing stars or states or number of marathons as quickly as possible, those are great opportunities, I guess, but since those aren't my goals, I'll skip it, thank you very much.

Morning Judy, Marjorie and all to follow.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

So woke up this morning and felt pretty good, but starting to hurt again , not as bad though.  Now I am afraid to eat, cause then I have to irrigate and then I have pain.  Made a protein drink this morning, but am getting hungry.  Oh well.....

Love this

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

ginnyb

Hoping to get out for some sort of run this weekend, pain or no pain!!

Snow flurries here again today, I think I am resigned to the fact that Spring is not coming this year!

Sorry I sound like Debbie Downer again...somebody slap me!

Ginny

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

ginnyb

So posting pic of my GD in her softball duds.....this makes me happy..

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I did 10.5 and meetings.  Have another call here shortly.

Laura you must be tired to sleep through the alarm

Camille this guy has done tons and tons of work for us over the years.  He has never been wrong before.  They are almost done now so I think we will be fine today.  It was pretty cold here today when I ran.  Felt like was 30.  Yikes. Not freezing but not our typical weather at all.  Twin is also now having to figure out what he wants from the house before dad sells or gets rid of it.  Funny I guess he didn't think this was going to happen.  I think the move gets him more than anything else.

Ginny nice pic.

Karen I don't like the Friday travel either.  I do try to avoid it as often as I can

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, amen to that. I'm 5 stars and figure that will likely be all I get. And with the 50 states, I agree, the goal isn't just to cover the distance with minimum effort/time -- I want to see at least a bit of the country in each state. This Dust Bowl thing is not for me. (And I'm not saying that just because I have a couple of those states already.)

Camille, no worries about outfits being matchy matchy. You were on the TM and running, that's what counts.

Marjorie, hope your floors are finished today! Is twin not happy because he has been getting free storage of all the stuff he doesn't have room for but doesn't want to get rid of and is now going to have to sort through it and make decisions?

Laura, Friday meetings, ugh. One guy on runango was complaining and he has good reason, his boss scheduled a recurring meeting at 4:30 every Friday afternoon. I gather he wanted to make sure that people weren't sneaking out early, though the given reason was "weekly wrap up and debrief".

One conference call down, one training session to go.

Lisa and anyone else racing this weekend, good luck!

Ginny, this has gone on long enough, I hope you can get some answers and a treatment plan for the tooth (or the space where the tooth was) today.

Judy, good workouts, and enjoy the grocery run.

Busy weekend planned -- some mileage before I have to get DS to school, then more once I drop him off to do makeup economics work, go by the bank to get his birth certificate out of the safe deposit box, mail a package to DD, and choir concert tonight and tomorrow night. Then Palm Sunday and then the craziness that is Holy Week. We have a chocolate and champagne reception after the Great Vigil on Easter Saturday night, we are definitely going to have earned it!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tessa no.  Twin doesn't store anything there any more.  It is more the stuff that was my moms or grandmothers some of the furniture pieces etc.  He doesn't have room for some of the stuff he wants like my Grandfathers piano some of the grandmothers dining room pieces etc.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Ugh - total tempo run fail. Started slow, even had to walk a little because of a cramp in my side. After 2 miles I picked up the pace. It was hard. By three miles at tempo I felt like I was going to be sick, so I cut it short and ran home. I'm hoping it's the big bowl of granola I ate right before running, and I'm not getting sick. 6 total and I need a nap! Was supposed to be 12 total with 9 at tempo.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Happy Friday everyone!  I peeked in here quickly a few times during week but it was already so late that I figured I'd post the next day.  And repeated that process every day until today, haha.  So glad that it's Friday!  SRD for me today, planning on 12 tomorrow with the RC.  I probably shouldn't say this but the weather here is wonderful... not particularly warm but sunny and clear and perfect for running and outside chores.

Hi Judy.  Hope you had a productive day with your workout and errands.

Marjorie, the new floors sound nice.  Hope it gets wrapped up today as expected.  And from an earlier post, good luck on planning your Dad's wedding, if indeed you end up doing so.  It sounds like your brother doesn't like change with respect to your Dad's move, which I can understand since my Dad still lives in the house I grew up in and I would be a little sad if he left.  But, it's not really something we kids have a say in.

LC, more commiserations about the all-day Friday meeting.  That's just cruel.  Hope you can squeeze a run in.

Hi Camille.  I'm sure you were looking awesome and fit and glowing with workout energy when you ran into that person you know at the gym.   And boo to people that look TOO good when they're working out.

Ginny, I think I saw someting below about you doing MCM?  As in Marine Corps Marathon?  If so, I've done it a couple of times and LOVE that race.  Sorry you're still in such pain and hope you get some relief SOON.  Really like the eCard you posted below and what a nice photo of your GD!

Karen and Tessa, that sounds like a lot of maniac stars to me.  I'm not a maniac and don't know if I'd apply even if I qualified.  Some people seem to get too into it.  If you're doing what you enjoy and it gets you some stars, then that's a win.  I don't think we'll ever get to all 50 states but DH and I have a notion that some day, we're going to run all 7 continents.  We've got Europe and the US covered (repeatedly).  We're saving up for Antarctica for 2014.  Then we'll see where it goes from there.

Hi to everyone else!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Hi there, Ladies!

WOW... where did this day go??  Woke up to a pretty sick doggie, had to arrange schedules for "mommy and daddy" to do doggie duty.   She has a hemorrhagic gastroenteritis.  Bless her little poodle heart!   So, three x-rays, one antibiotic shot, an anti diarrheal, and an office visit later she's resting at home with no food or water.  I have to go pick up skinless chicken breasts and rice to boil for her when she goes back on solids tomorrow... 1/4 cup at a time.  This goes into the category of "something your grandmother would have never done"

This afternoon, I spent my hour of power with Sir Core-Meister.  He did not disappoint.    Tomorrow, I'm hoping for 5.5 miles on the indoor track.  That's 44 laps.  I hope something is good on the radio app.

So... done with work now... gotta run to the store and then put chicken and rice in the crock pot.   I hope to get back later for personals!

Be well,

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.