Womens Running

STAY WELL WEDNESDAY DIVAs! (Read 182 times)

SassySparky

I will get to personals later, but today's google doodle is a fun zamboni game!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

And a Token!

melrunner

Monk, Glad that DH had a great interview! When will he know more about it?  How’s potty training going with A?

Jewel Enjoy k boxing and safe travels to PA.

Ma, Glad you got to see your cousin and her DH last night. Stay warm and dry today!!!

Gsd, Can you film M with her sign language signs? I think that’s adorable!!!

Po, Have a great run dear! I did see we are having a little little cold front this weekend. Yay! Good luck with school next month.

Sassy, I have no idea how to build anything either, but DF loves all that stuff!

Pumpkin, When is the move to O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A? I did a songfest thing in college to Oklahoma now I have that song stuck in my head!

Lizo, Love the great mood this morning! Send me some cool weather too please!!! Sorry about the dog bite. Ouch.

Outwest, have a great run tonight with Fay. I have no idea what shoes you are trying on but I assume they are so you don’t fall in the snow.

Klmc, I also want to be in my PJ’s right now especially at this moment that I have a wicked headache. I’m excited to make my cauliflower/leeky soup tonight!

Taylor, glad you are feeling better.

Cassie, Hope things with work get better.

Athena, good luck with the job application! I’m sure you’ll do great!

Blu_Runs

Morning!

Monk-Hope something good gets out of DH's interview.

Sassy-Fingers crossed about your experiment!

Jewel-I hope you stay well!

GSD-Haha, it rains here 3/4 of the year...so I don't know what mood you're talking about. ;-) All kidding aside, keep your chin up and great job on your runs lately!

dona-Sending you some energy vibes!

-----

RR-ST last night went well. Planning for 3 miles this AM, but might end up with 2 miles. Still trying to figure out my run schedule and school schedule.

NRR-Didn't not get much sleep last night b/c DH gave T (our kitty) the wrong food. He kept getting me up every 2 or 3 hours and I didn't discover the food thing until now. He's a sweet cat but like many, he's ver particular. Oh, we did adopt 2 but had to give back one because despite separating them, the orange tabby remained too aggressive and hurtful towards T. But the orange tabby was adopted right away, so I didn't feel too bad afterwards. Anyway, first world crazy cat lady problems aside, lab and class this afternoon. I'll probably squeeze in some work hours in between as well.

Gotta run...literally. Make a wonderful Wed, ladies!

monk717

Sorry I don't have time for personals, but to answer a question I've seen a few times... this is the state, so DH could hear on the job in three weeks or it could be six or more. Average time between interview and notification is a month. My supervisor said he hopes to have hiring recommendations in next week and then after that its up to HR. Last time they hired people here (when I was hired permanent), it moved pretty fast. And it was a fast turnaround between initial phone call and the interview (they called him Thursday night!), so hopefully that bodes well for a quick notification. As far as working together... I met DH when he was my boss, so we've done it before, lol. This time would be really different though because niether of us is a boss and most of the work is independent. We wouldn't have to interact much at work if we didn't want to, I don't think. Hopefully if he gets it he can start while I'm on leave, so that should make the transition easier.

NorCal

Morning, girls!

Brrr, it's another cold, frosty morning here! I think it's supposed to warm up after today.

RR. Last night's 7 was good, but my RP's headlamp broke so we had to share mine which made it a little tricky! But we made it. Only bummer is my right big toe hurt in the joint after the run. Oh no! I am hopeful it's not serious! Today is core/arms and a hike with DH and L later.

NRR. Working from home today, as I have no massages scheduled. My bosses won't run another Groupon and it's really bothering me because it's the only marketing we do for massage so it's how I get a lot of business. Ugh! Anyways, just another reason why I need OUT of there.

Came up with some good marketing stuff for our business. We'll be doing a February "share the love" referral program, giving a month free to any current customer who gets us a referral. Hoping that works well. Also, we're targeting massage/yoga/salon/chiro offices this month as new accounts.

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

SassySparky

I'm on my phone so typing is a pain, but.

we got a nordic track incline trainer, thanks to GSD suggestion and reading countless reviews! I am actually pretty good at building things (i used to do a lot of that with my parents growing up, they were big DIYers). big D, however, is not, so its always a struggle!

lizo_77

Pumpkin: hope you get those productive/ work juices flowing soon!

outwest: yay for not being slammed at work! and no, the owner just stood there...  It was almost like she just froze.

dona: well the dog bit me, but it seemed like such a sweet big thing.... It was playing, then I was there and it was protecting its owner. The owner literally said absolutely nothing.  haha. I just paused for a few seconds, checked to make sure I was good and not blood or pain, then kept going. I told the owner I was ok... and kept going. she was silent and stared. Maybe scared too...

hope the weekend comes fast for you so you can get some needed rest! a day spent in pjs.... wow... sounds like heaven.

MA: yay for a snow day! enjoy the day of being home.

taylor: keep feeling better! ouch on the swollen lymph node. those can take a while to go away completely!

cassie: boo about quiet speakers and no captions while you run. that would be a total disappointment for me too. Smile Not sure why I'm bouncing with energy this morning! I think it's because I got caught up by a day, with much needed sleep and was able to work out this morning. haha.

mel: I totally get the whole "seeing friends divorced or separated" It's soo common now you can't escape it! And as M and I are planning our wedding I feel nervous sometimes.  Gives me hope too as both sets of our parents have been married for over 35 years a piece.

athena: early morning for you! glad you get off at 3! good luck getting the job. sending good vibes your way!

speaking of which, M applied for a different (day) position at his work place. Please send good vibes that he gets it! we're hoping if he gets it then he doesn't have to find a position here in Sioux Falls, but can just keep the job at his current company. It will mean a commute, but at least it's a day job! and we get to see each other more.

NorCal

Lizo- Oh my gosh, that is crazy about the dog bite! glad you were well bundled up so it didn't break the skin. People, I swear!!

Athena- good luck with the new job opportunity! Fingers crossed for you!

Cassie- Nice job on the run. What a bummer about not being able to watch shows while on the TM!

Monk- Glad Dh's interview seemed to go well, hope, hope, hope he gets it!!!

Meli- Sorry the immigration still is so frustrating, it seems so unfair!!! Hang in there.

So I just scored some new running shoes (Saucony Mirages, for road running since my Kinvaras just aren't cushioned enough for marathon training) for $55 on runningwarehouse.com! So excited! They were $65, but had a coupon, so yay. They'll be here tomorrow, can't wait to try them. they are still the minimalist heel-toe difference (4mm), but more cushion.

PRs: 

athenaofamerica

I'm on my phone so typing is a pain, but.

we got a nordic track incline trainer, thanks to GSD suggestion and reading countless reviews! I am actually pretty good at building things (i used to do a lot of that with my parents growing up, they were big DIYers). big D, however, is not, so its always a struggle!

Sassy - I got one too! Which one did you get? I have the x7i.

San Francisco Marathon (Worth the Hurt™), June 16

Napa Valley Inline Marathon, July 14

taylorma1

So going home from work/school early again today. Still not feeling hot. I am still dizzy and fatigued. I hate this. I just want to run and train for my half marathon and be well. Gerrrrrrrrr. Ok rant over

lizo_77

norcal: Hope the big toe heals quick! I hate those toe joint pains! especially when they hang around for a while. yay for new running shoes at a discount!

blu: sorry about the lack of sleep! Sad Totally understand a fussy kitty. Mine just stands there and glares at me if I give her the wrong food....

lizo_77

And here comes the crash. wow. I'm sleepy. sigh.

NorCal

Taylor- Feel better!!!

Blu- Cats can totally destroy sleep! After Tiger's freak out the other night, DH was like OMG we can never have a baby! lol. But babies grow out of it, cats don't! Sorry it didn't work out with the other kitty, those orange cats are trouble, believe me!

Lizo- Thanks! I have never had toe pain so am kind of freaking out!

PRs: