Womens Running

Brrrrr on Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 199 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.  :::snuggling into heavy sweater, coat, hat, gloves, etc.:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday  I did 45 minutes on the track, the last of which was with coach. It was a good run. The Asics Kayanos felt so heavy after wearing the Brooks shoes the last few days. Big grin  It’s like the Princess and the Pea with runners and their shoes. Ha! Smile

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Morning Judy and all to follow!

Feeling much better today, ran 3.4 after work last night outside and 4.5 this am on my treadmill, winter wonderland outside right now.

My kids have school through tomorrow but many Michigan schools have closed for the week following threats of violence with the 'end of the world'.  Very sad, so hard to be positive in the world we live in ugh.  But, I will try....Big grin

camille2

Good morning! Thursday, right?  Our gorgeous weather moved on and it's pouring and blowing now with T-storms predicted.  I want to do an hour (about 5-6) and may have to hit the gym to do it. DD felt better last night and I'm hoping we can decorate the tree today.  We're such Christmas fans!  My brother in Ala had a heart attack (prob on Sat), went to doc Tues, and had 2 stents put in yesterday.  Thankfully, he's doing ok.

Tessa, I think it's fine if you only went to your son's part of the concert.  Hope it was great.  I can't filter out those posts, but I can choose to ignore them and I need to do that more. Just have to remember, they are good people and from their point of view, I'm as misguided as I think they are. : )

Hi judy and Laura!

On a positive note, I read about NBC's Twenty Six Acts (of kindness) as a way to honor the Newtown victims.  I like the idea.

Have a great day!

Anonymous Guest

Hey all,

Ran 8 miles last night. Need to get life to the point where I'm running to enjoy it, not just to blow off steam. Definitely working on an attitude adjustment from the way I've been feeling and looking at life the last several weeks.

Rain is supposed to be moving in tonight, so depending on the weather, I will either run a few miles outside or ride my bike on the trainer in the basement. I haven't been riding my bike because DH had to send his Garmin in for repair and is using my 310XT. Which only leaves me the 110, which doesn't really work for cycling. Yes, I can still pedal my bike without Garmin data, but........I want data!!!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Considering recording "It's the End of the World As We Know It (and I feel fine!" on my voicemail for tomorrow.

Judy, please tell me it is not Wednesday. I am more than ready for this week to be over!

Funny how a half ounce difference in weight on shoes is so noticeable.

Laura, people are sick. Are they threatening violence just to get time off school? Like we always had bomb threats during finals?

Camille, scary about your brother, glad he is OK. And we haven't had time to decorate the tree either.

Karen, I would take advantage of being able to run outside as long as possible. That storm system heading east across the country is likely to hit you soon, isn't it? Sorry that running is a blow off steam activity right now, hope it gets better.

Did 5.7 rolling miles last night after dropping DS off at the choir concert. I got there at intermission, which was fine because DS's group was on last.  At least last night it was not snowing (unlike Tuesday night).

This morning it was horribly windy but we went out anyway. Running neighbour and I took about 25 minutes to go 2 miles east and then about 20 minutes to return -- guess which way the wind was blowing! She commented that she knows the wind's really bad when I wear glasses instead of putting in my contacts. This usually happens about a week before Christmas. I hope everyone in the area deflated their lawn decorations, because otherwise the inflatable snow globes and skating penguins will probably be doubling as coastal buoys by now. We are about 50 miles from the beach...

So 4 miles this morning. Going to the gym at lunch. Trying hard to stay ahead of the holiday food!

Brrr indeed on this THURSDAY.  Wink  Temperature is dropping.  This morning it was pouring so I hit the snooze.  I may just walk Jake this afternoon--haven't walked him all week and he is pestering me! 

Work is slow--waiting for folks to get back to me on several things.  Blech.....may have to break out the knitting.....Wink

Have a great day!

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Good afternoon, all!  I'm baaack!  It's good to be home.  I didn't talk much about it, but  the situation at my sister's house were not comfortable.  So, I'm grateful to be back with the DH, DDog and MY OWN family dynamics.  At least with those, I have a tiny bit of say-so! Wink

I'm glad y'all liked the picture of the rainbow.  RB#1 and I had absolutely marvelous driving weather for our 1,000 mile trip.  And, the Blue Ridge Mountains, the Smokies, The Poconos and the Catskills were all phenomenal.

Ginny - We don't have snow in Oneonta, right now.  It looks like we "may" get a little over the next several days.  But, there's definitely no snow cover on the ground, as there usually is.  

Lisa - As for getting things set up for the virtual run, this "might" be helpful: There's currently a virtual run getting going to benefit the victims of the Newtown tragedy.   Here's the Facebook link:  Sandy Hook Virtual Run  And here's the info on Active: Link to Sandy Hook ACTIVE     I just though I'd share how another group is doing it.  I'm actually thinking about doing the Half, since it can be spit up.  It's really just about the tribute and benefit.  

Judy - I'm with ya.  It is sooooo cold here (and due to get colder).  Makes me even more grateful for an indoor track.  And thanks for the info about the Adrenalins.  I may have to go give those a test run on Dick's treadmill.  I have used NB before... and you're right, they wear very quickly.

LC - how crazy - "end of the world" violence.   I'm just shaking my head.

Camille - ugh on the weather.  I was so grateful for my two good days while I was there.  I think the bad weather chased us up the Appalachians  but didn't catch us. 

Karen - YAY DATA!!!!  I love it.  You almost made me laugh out loud. Smile

Tessa - I honestly don't have a clue how to eat this holiday season.  This is my first holiday as an "athlete," so i'm pretty much trying to stick to basics.  I will admit that on my car ride home, I had a big ole cup of boiled peanuts!  LOL  I mean, c'mon... you can't drive through SC, NC, and VA without them!  OH, and I ate at a Cracker Barrel somewhere in VA!  mmm, mmm.... collard greens and corn bread (I died and went to heaven!). Those were my guilty pleasures.

Sue, hope you and Jake have a NICE walk.  

Be well all...  I'll be running with RB#1 and NewRB this afternoon.  I can't wait to introduce them!

Jules

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hi Ladies

Another 14 for me today.  Felt great.  I'm loving my running right now.....

Judy I bet the Kayanos felt really heavy.  Compared to the ones you were wearing they are a lot heavier.  Every bit of even a half ounce counts!

Laura glad you feel better.

Camille glad your brother is okay.

Karen hope you find something to make you see things differently!

Tessa oh, please do that as your recording.  SOOOOO funny

Sue funny it wasn't as cold today as it was supposed to be.  It should have been in the 30's according to the weather last night when I ran today but it was in the 40's and low 50's when I finished.  When the sun started to come up it got warm really fast.

Julie glad you are home.  Yes, it is nice when you have a say on how things are done.

Gattsby I don't really want Popeye arms.  I'll have to figure out something on the arm warmers.  Maybe if they are over a sleeve like a light long sleeve tech they will stay up.  I love them and hate they don't fit right.   They are bright pink with a zebra pattern so they are very eye catching.  Versus the plane old black ones.  So maybe next cold day run I'll try that and see if they stay up.

Marjorie

LC Runs

Camille - glad your brother is doing okay!

Karen - I need an attitude adjustment, as well  Smile(though this week has been better than the last few, I'm really liking the newly hired supervisor). 

Tessa - yes, a lot of threats of violence.  I think DD's school it was more of a worry, not an actual threat.  Ironically, school may very well be cancelled tomorrow due to the weather.

Hi Sue!

Julie - not sure what's going on with the sister, but glad you are back!

Marjorie - great 14, I am jealous, your weather sounds so great!

Snow, then rain today.  Very slushy and messy but so far, not a whole lot of accumulation.  Supposed to freeze then start snowing tonight, gonna probably be a mess tomorrow.  On a happy note, I think today is the 'longest' day of the year, so we can start looking forward to additional daylight from here on out!

mommymac

Thursday evening and the weather system is heading our way. I had a nerve block in my neck this week and had to lay low, so no last minute runs to beat the storm for me. I'll have to wait it out and hit the roads again next week. Not traveling for the holiday is both calming and uncomfortable; first time in 25 years I won't be heading to my childhood home.

I'm guessing there will be new running shoes under the tree for me this year; I told DH that it was importat to return to running with the best equipment to minimize injury, so I'm sure he will be visiting the LRS where I am on file. I hope they have my shoes in a new color! Last pair looked just like the previous pair. No biggie, but sheesh!

DD will be playing three winter field hockey leagues so I'm not sure our running will take hold. From NJ, she will be traveling to Virginia Beach and Orlando so this is real competion. I think I'll get her running gear for x mas anyway. Maybe she would enjoy my Garmin; I've never used it. Hate reading instruction booklets. Sorry guys!

Questioin of the day: if you re-did your living room in whites and beiges and had your friends over for book club, would you panic over serving red wine? I can't believe I've turned into an anal "not on my sofa" person, but to tell you the truth, I watched forks fall on my new rug and wine glasses slip from their places on an ottoman. And I guess serving red velvet cake in the LR was taking a chance. I think people are generally ok in the kitchen so maybe I should stick to that. Maybe I can find some of that plastic from the 70s to cover everything . . .

I hope everyone is secured down tonight for the magnetic pull thati s supposed to end the world tomorrow; if that's the case, I'm off to finish my red velvet cake!

Happy dreams - Carolyn 

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Did my run... but on the DM.  Found out that the indoor track at the college is closed when classes are not in session.  Sigh.  

As for the end of the world... if there's hail and fire and brimstone... at least it will be warm enough to run OUTSIDE!  lol

Have a great evening,

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

Julie-good attitude !  I'll check out the links.

Carolyn-don't blame you about worryig about the furniture.

Laura-cold and rain here. yuck.  not exactly Holiday inspiring.

Sue-no slow work for me... everyone is trying to get hires in before the end of the year.  partly my fault because I do point out that the while it's not a big deal now, in 3 years when the person thinks they will bump from 15 to 21 days of PTO they're not happy to find out they need to work a whole other year because they started on Jan 2 vs Dec 28.

Tessa-hope you don't get blown out to sea!

Karen-I wouldn't even think that you needed to wear a Garmin for biking.  Need to get DWD on that list of races!

Camille-anything that promotes good deeds has got to be a good thing. will have to check it out.

Judy-I wear Brooks Ghosts and when I put on my New Balance 1080's they feel really heavy.

No issues with dd's school but then again it's a small parochial school but there have been schools announcing closings.  We had our Christmas program tonight with no issues.

I've got tomorrow off so planning a little run with run buddy before picking up dd from school (half day) then oldest dd from airport.  Hopefully we can finish up some shopping, maybe make some cookies. Who knows.

In doing the signature with upcoming races listed I realized that I'm doing a marathon with "mountain" in it's name. crap. 

http://fall.superiortrailrace.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/STR_Elevation_Reduced_8-22-111.jpg

Will be traveling to NYC on the 2nd for a job fair at Rutgers on the 3rd. Coming back on the 4th or maybe 5th, depending on what flights the travel company get for me. 

Lisa