Womens Running

Wandering Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 341 times)

Trail Monster

Patty - OMG! Instant heart attack!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

heather - are you a personal trainer? Which cert do you have? I was looking at ACSM but I might get an easier one first until I'm done with school. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bermy - too funny on the ex! My ex and I were engaged and TTC when he suddenly decided to break things off. Now his new ex left him after they were TTC for awhile. It's kind of ironic I guess that I got the family, kids, and house while he's still miserable and alone. It makes me happy in a childish, petulant way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jen - neither of my kids are/were biters. Ash bit me once or twice and I pinched her while she was biting me And screamed OW! As soon as she realized it hurt BOTH of us, she quit. I think biting for 80% of kids is normal but can be quickly curbed if parents step in. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CMG, hope you feel better soon!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shelby, split runs aren't bad. They are definitely better than nothing and they leave you less tired than a single 5 mile run would!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cx2, I hate when kids hit their head! It always makes me cringe and feel so awful for them but they always bounce right back like nothing ever happened!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mer, yay for doctors who run! I don't think I've ever had one. I'll be looking for one soon though!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mrszm, I love baby signing! Too cute! I'm just not patient enough to teach my kids!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me:

RR: 1:10 steady state run on the schedule today. I need Ash to be good while I'm on the TM and I just don't see it happening!

BR/KR: Santa workshop day for Gem so she will be bringing home crappy gifts for everyone. I hate the stupid "let's sell kids cheap presents no one in their family really wastick gimmick but I don't want to squash her fun either so she has $20 to waste. Ash is still sick but I think getting better. I'm so ready for us all to be healthy!

NRR: working second shift again so I'm off to hit the treadmill and get ready before Ash goes to MILs at 2.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

twinmom_112002

Busy morning setting up a lab for my students....will try to sneak back next period for personals.

RR: Failed agian yesterday. I had exactly 50 minutes planned to squeeze in 4 miles. Then dh and my university advisor both made demands of my time. Trying for the same 4 again today. Today I have more time.

NRR: Kids all bought books at the book fair with their own money. They were super excited to show me their books. They all made good choices.

NRR: Nervous about my training plan for my Feb. half. Stuff just keeps interferring with my runs. Really paniced about it last night because I forgot I had the month of January in addition to this entire month.

NRR: I think I am anemic right now. I just can't keep my eyes open at any point during the day. All I want to do is sleep.

FR: No clue. We are home for all of 30 minutes today between school/work. Probably sandwiches.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - ran 4.5 miles on the TM yesterday.  I'd like to do 5k today, i just have O this morning so could do a stroller run more easily but there is fresh snow on the ground, so I don't really want to push the stroller through that.  Tonight is also my workout night w/ RP but she cancelled so I could run outside after dH gets home or on the TM at the gym tonight... decisions!

TR - slept over at gmas.  MIL posted pics of them making a gingerbread house - hopefully M went to bed alright after getting hopped up on sugar from the gingerbread house decorating!

BR - slept 7hrs and then 4 last night!  I can't believe she's almost 3 months old!

FR - made split pea soup yesterday, so I have a ton of that and ham still in the fridge.  We have to finish off these leftovers!

FR2- I'm eating leftover waffles and drinking coffee for breakfast!  It's so quiet and peaceful w/o a toddler!  I love her but also love mornings without her Smile

NRR - booked our flights to florida in March, we're going for 2 weeks.  I'm flying alone w/ both girls, I hope they are good for me!!!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Leeleeche

RR - dunno, I have appointments all day and then a bowling tournament tonight. Today will probably end up a rest day. BR/KR - we had a great time last night making Christmas ornaments and then putting up our outdoor decorations. Evenings go so much better when we have stuff to do. NRR - DH and I had a good chat yesterday about what to do about my stress levels right now. He actually helped me a lot. I feel a lot better today!
          twinmom_112002

Patty: Totally would have had a panic attack over that and it would be lingering. I bet those knives got shelved. Its amazing the things kids get that you think are somewhere safe.

Bermy: Wow on the X. Sounds like you had an amazing workout last night. Hopefully today goes better for your dh's house hunt in Nashville.

Jen: Did the kid bite both at the same time or was there space inbetween. Sucks when your kid gets bitten and I bet the mother is totally embarrased. Hopefully the dc lady will watch a little closer now.

Mer: good news on the foot. Hopefully adjusting your laces will solve the problem. I know I wear less heals now that I run. I just don't want to wear shoes in the morning that will make my afternoon run suck.

trail monster: I hate the school gift shop too. I give each kid $10 to buy the crap for us. They get so excited so I hate to wreck it.

twinmom_112002

CAR: Tough choices on the run for today. The solo run outside sounds like a great option. As for the sugar rush…sounds like MIL’s problem unless the sugar letdown grumpys affect you today. I used to get upset about MIL wrecking our schedule but then I realized any meltdowns were her issue while they were with her.

Lee: I agree that life is easier when the little ones are busy. We are so busy all the time that when we do have free time we all melt down. Hope the stress evens out a little for you.

Runnergirl: Sounds like you have had a couple of great runs. Keep up the great work. I love hanging at the park with the kids. Are you considering taking a job with your friend?

Shelby: I agree that any running is better than nothing! Have you headed into VS to get fitted?

CT: Hate it when they hurt themselves. Hope you feel better soon!

MZM: What book are you reading for your get together? I am always looking for new reading material. Have fun painting ornaments.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - booo on the man cold! my dh is finally over his, I think. from the other day, I wouldn't put M in piano lessons yet, but if SIL was close she'd get lots of informal play type lessons. Kindermusic just seems like a fun music play group, m spends half her day singing so I think she'll have a blast.

rg - M loves books also, it's awesome! I'm not sure about there, but here private training is big $$, the big gyms charge $80/hr or more for private training sessions, and I can only guess how little they actually share with the trainers.

bermy - I get to skip all my work xmas everything this year as I'm on mat leave, I'm not really missing anything. Awesome job on the run! I love your coach also, ask her if she'd have any interest in relocating to Canada? Wink

Jen - booo on the biting kid! Maiya has never bit anyone. I hope you can get your errands done, I'm thinking of everything aroudn the house I should be doing while I only have one kid and there is no way I can do it all, especially if I'm on the internet for an hour Smile

cm - I'm glad you're feeling better - take it easy!

shel - I can't wear VS ( they don't come large enough...) but if I order online I always order from breakout bras - they have a great sizing page, and for every bra they have a description saying if you should size up or down or if it's true to size. I don't see anythign wrong with the split runs - I'm amazed that you keep going after DS wakes up!

cx2 - I hope you can figure out your childcare stuff! It is hard putting them into daycare, luckily my MIL watched M 3 days a week when I went back.

mer - that's great that your dr understands running! I hope your foot feels better soon! Have a good night with DS tonight!!

mzm - that's great that you have a neighbor to run with! I need more RP's close to home.

banshee - I hope Ash will cooperate for your run. Does she not nap anymore?

twin - I hope you get your run in today! Your tight schedule reminds me of my SIL, I'm always amazed at how she runs at all.

Lee - YAY for the chat w/ dh!! I'm with you, scheduling things to do makes any day/night with kids easier!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Leeleeche

Zorbs - lol, whine! RG - love the book reading! J only just started liking being read to. She has a hard time sitting still. Bermy - your run sounds fabulous! And to have your coach hold DS is awesome! Child care is such a struggle, glad you don't have to move. Shmarming? Is that elbow rubbing? I hate it too! Jen - bummer on the bite. I always feel like J is the most likely biter. She has bit her brother several times, usually when he has a toy that she wants. Crazy that he bit 2 kids before they noticed. Carly - take care today! Eat and take it easy! That was quite an ordeal you went through. Shelby - bummer about the bras! I hope you can get some that fit. I had to get refitted after weaning with both kids. Cx2 - wait, you weren't planning to strap C to your back? Smile. That would be great if mom could help! I have a Peruvian MIL who watch both of my kids before they were ready for preschool. It was great!
                  superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 4ish tonight, debating on calling R's godmother to come play with him or pushing him in the stroller.

BR: "Helped" me load the dishwasher last night. He kept pulling the silverware out of the basket and handing it to me, or depositing it in other places around the kitchen. Talked to daddy on the phone last night because he got held up at work and was giving the phone kisses Smile

FR: Cheesy chicken and broccoli over rice last night. Either flatiron steak or something with chicken thighs tonight.

NRR: Didn't have to report for jury duty today. I have to ad mit I'm a teeny bit disappointed. I would love to read a book all day and get paid for it. Tomorrow is our open house at work so I get to eat and goof off all afternoon and call it work so I guess I'll be content with that.   Got really good feedback on the house showing- The people absolutely loved our house but have to get preapproved to see if they can afford it. I guess she used to have a friend that lived there when she was a kid and has good memories of playing at our house. I think if our house sells, I'm going to tell DH that means we can go on a vacation.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Marathonjen

Banshee - LOL on the santa's workshop...so true but at least the kids like it.  Have a great run...hope A cooperates.

twinmom - Sorry about not getting your run in...you will today!  I am sure you will be fine for your Feb. half...you do have lots of time.  Plus Christmas break!!  Yes, I believe the kid bit one kid and then turned and bit mine...at least that was what the paperwork said that I had to sign.  So annoying.  I hope the mother is embarrassed.

CA - Wow time sure does fly...crazy that O is almost 3 months.  Yay for the good sleep and for M being at grandmas.  Sounds like grandma loves her time with M.  Wow you are brave to fly alone.  Where in FL are you going 

Leeleeche

Mer - I remember JA in 7th grade. It was great! Glad your taking the kids! I hope you get to see your boy soon! MrsZack - what book are you reading? That sounds like fun!! How do you feel about running with someone slower? I am slower than everyone so I hesitate asking people to run with me.
                        mrszackmorris

Shelbyjo/twinmom: we are reading the forgotten by david baldacci. We had read another book by him wth the same charachter some time ago. Well they read it...i read about half and then took a pass. Our friend said if i don't read it i will get shhhhhhed. Wink

Marathonjen

spike - LOL to kisses...we FaceTime with DH when he is away on trips and J loves it.  He waves and says dada dada dada...lol.  Your work open house sounds fun.  Sorry about jury duty...I have never been called for it and I am glad.

lee - SO GLAD you talked to DH!!!  I knew that a good talk would help.  Men have the desire to want to fix everything so I knew he would want to help you.  Your ornaments were awesome!!  Nice projects you do with the kids.  You're a bowler...I love bowling...I used to bowl on a league when I was younger.

Mrszm - I missed you!!  What time did you run this am?  Glad you had an RP to go with.  J is usually my RP if I have one...lol.  I am glad to hear C likes the shape sorter as J is getting one from Christmas from my aunt.  Yum on the stromboli...you should just send me all your recipes.  Cooking for 1.5 is not fun since 1 is trying to diet and .5 is picky and likes something different each day...lol

running eh

Hi Supermoms!  Finally made it over here.  Just wanted to say hello.  I haven't been running or lurking lately.  I will hopfully have some time to check out all your posts this afternoon.

DH was sick two weeks ago, and it made it through each of the kids and now it is my turn.  On a positive note, I don't have to go to work today or tomorrow, so that gives my 9 days in a row off.  I was hoping to get out to mail my secret santa gift this afternoon, but it depends on how I feel...

Hope everyone is doing well!

runswithrocky

ER - stroller walk + dogs.  We are finally going to get some Colorado weather at the end of the week and over the weekend!  (I appreciate cold weather).  It'll be a high of 20s by Sunday and chance of snow!  Need to get a winter coat asap for Emily.  bad mama.

TR - Officially using words, saying "hi", and "bye" while waving, ma'ma' (punctuated like that, cracks me up), daaaaaaad (not dada).  dog and cat.  Woohoo!  Need to update the baby book.  And will grab ball or book when prompted.  We played ball last night and the little stinker can catch!  She caught the ball about 80% of the time and was giggling like crazy throwing/kicking it back to us.  Seriously, this went on for about 20 minutes.  DH and I were in tears we were laughing so much.

FR - made the chicken, broccoli, mushroom (my addition) casserole from skinny taste last night.  I tasted a little bit of it since I was only assembling it for tonight's dinner.  I felt awesome because I used my homemade veggie stock instead of something from a can!  Long day and deadlines today and tomorrow so this casserole was just the ticket.  It did take about an hr from start to finish (including clean-up) to make though.  I think I can get the time down in teh future now that I know the recipe. 

NRR - work, deadlines and I'm totally procrastinating by lurking and posting!