Womens Running

molasses monday (over 40) (Read 18 times)

Moving slowly today.

How about you?

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Yes, I would have loved to have stayed in bed and slept.

My heartiest congrats to all of you for your efforts!

Friday I did 45 minutes of running at the track, then 25 minutes of cardio at home.

Saturday was SDO except for a 60 minute hike and lots of walking. I got in some straightening out of my study bookcases done plus got the plants repotted and out onto the balcony. My spider plant has “children” so I planted several of them in pots for inside. They are planted for two weeks while attached to their mother plant so they want to keep popping out of the dirt.   The African violet now has a larger pot for a home inside as well.

Sunday Buddy and I did 75 minutes running out on the trail. We stopped for a few minutes while he talked to several deer.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

Moving slow here this morning also and I did sleep in until 5:30, which is late for me!

Karen....good job on the 10K as usual!

Will check back later....

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Good morning.  Not wanting to move quickly either but DS has to be at work at 7:30 (he's working at one of the engineering camps on campus).

Philmont training for the weekend:

Saturday - 3.1 miles with pack with Simon Davies at Lake Lansing North, which was desolate for some reason.
          2.0 miles with Jeff to the mall then whatever we did around the mall.

Sunday - 2.3 mile run this am.
          2.7 mile walk in evening with backpack.

6 days and counting.  By this time on Sunday we'll be boarding/have boarded our flights to Denver, CO.  I'm excited, anxious, in disbelief (where did the training time go).... etc.    DH is even more anxious - I've promised to try to text him when I can get service so he knows we're alive. LOL

Susan

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Great title today...

Judy - sounds like a very productive week-end for you.

Ginny - Do you have a half coming up soon?

Susan - How exciting for you!!!  Can't wait to hear about it.

LCruns - I'm getting excited for you!

Yesterday was SRD.  Did go for a walk/stroll at Dow Gardens here and took some pictures with DH.  Today busy, busy, busy.....stability ball class, hour bike and then will do very short run after.  We are 16 weeks from Grand Canyon, so we are supposed to be "officially" starting a training plan.  Someone suggested we follow an Ultra (50k) plan, and someone else said a marathon plan is plenty, but to make sure we do lots of hill work.

Carol

Good Morning!!  Actually made it out of bed after one snooze and hit the pool.  Did drills this morning.

Had a great weekend.  BF, I and several of my running buds did Ride Yellow.  The guys did the 10 miler and we did 37 mile ride.  It was a beautiful day to ride out in the country.  They have great rest stops along the way.  We stopped at on that was near the half way point--they always have really good cookies and indoor plumbing!  Big feed after the race too.  BF had a great time (his first event) and wants to do the longer ride next year.  Smile

Karen--sounds like a tough race with the hill at the finish.

Hi Tessa, Lisa, Camille, Damaris, Judy, Ginny, Carol, Susan!  Have a great day!

Carol-training plan?  I start one this week for DWD.  Will do 20 miler this weekend then taper.  my kind of training plan.  LOL  Did weight training / machine stuff this morning.  pledging to walk up and down our stairs (only 5 floors) every day this week as part of DWD training.

Lisa

Bikerchick1

Lisa - I LOVE your training plan!!!!  Curious IF you were to do one, for say an Ultra that you did at NCT, what you WOULD have used Wink

Crazysue -  bike ride sounds like fun!  Nice that the BF enjoyed it as well!

ginnyb

Carol....yes I have the Cedar Point Half on June 29th.

Lisa....20 miler this weekend, wow, good for you.  You are definitely back!

Ends up that the local half that I have done since its debut have moved their date to Sept 21 this year and I am already doing the Mighty Niagara Half  in Lewiston, N.Y.   I am disappointed b ecause i like doing the local one.  Oh well.....They are also having a Color Run 5K here in my hometown that same weekend for the first time and I will miss that too.  Too many races on the same darn weekend.  I think I won a free registration for that local half too, so I am going to have to check into that, when I entered the contest the race was going to be in July.

Really, really, do not want to go into work today.  Makes me sick to my stomach anymore just thinking of it.

Ginny

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Morning all,

Apparently racing hard two mornings in a row can be enough to give me a migraine. I started feeling it Saturday (probably dehydration and some sort of chemical or electrolyte imbalance), so of course I pushed just as hard on Sunday, then crashed hard Sunday afternoon. I'm drugged up and functioning, but my head still hurts and makes working on this RFP for our online certification class really really hard to write.

Judy, you definitely keep busy on the weekends!

Carol, are you friends with Marian on fb that used to post on RWOL? She did a Grand Canyon thing last year or the year before and may have some advice. I can find my 50-miler training plan I used for North Country if you want. I know I had a plan for that one, I think for JFK 50 last year my plan was just to run a ton of miles training for my fall marathon, plus one marathon a month as a long run for ultra training (really, it was just an excuse to run more marathons in more states). Or there is Lisa's current marathon training plan to counteract my OCD plans......

crazysue, love it that BF is getting into cycling. The ride sounds fun, especially the cookies and indoor plumbing!

Susan, wow, hard to believe your trip is almost here - it doesn't seem that long ago that you were deciding whether or not to sign up!

Lisa, yes, moving slowly. Between my sore legs and painful head, I'm doing everything slowly today. Your DWD training plan sounds like my cycling training plan last year - cramming for a bike race. It worked.

Ginny, I hate it when races conflict. I was planning on racing less this year and focusing on training for a few specific events, but with the move, now I'm signing up for everything because I want to do all the cool races before we leave. And then I get a migraine. I wanted to do that Cedar Point half, but somehow talked my way out of going to the in-laws at all.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Hi - back for personals during lunch.

Judy, sounds like a busy week.  SDO sounds like it was anything other than a day off.  Ah, the deer... talked to one yesterday as I was on my "hike" with backpack through the neighborhood.  It was not 2 feet from the sidewalk as I came by.

Ginny, Sleeping in until 5:30 is not my definition of starting slow.  Sorry about the conflicting dates.  Also, hate when that happens.  I had really hoped to run the Lansing half-marathon again this year - but they moved it to Commencement weekend and not working wasn't an option. Sad

Carol,  Sounds like a wonderful weekend.  Are you running or hiking the Grand Canyon?  Doing it with backpacks?  If so, make sure to get used to the hiking boots (they are so different from running shoes) and walking with a backpack.  One of my students suggested that I try to train as many days in a row with a backpack. He said the grind of 12 days with full backpack gets to you after a while. Let me know if you would like to do any training together (after I get back).

Sue, Sounds like a fun event - glad BF is really getting into biking.  Yay to the good food and indoor plumbing!  (I'm waiting to see what is most welcome after Philmont - decent food or indoor plumbing).  I'm not sure if it will last but DH is asking now about training and trying to lose weight.  He's decided he wants to hike the Martin Trail in New Zealand.  Would be nice if it lasted!!!

Lisa, when is DWD?  Any interest in the Kensington marathon on July 27th?  (Yeah, I'm thinking about it - but leaving things open until after I get back from Philmont and I see how I feel.  Carol, Ginny, any others?)

Well that's about all for now... Hi also to Tessa, Camille, Damaris, and if I missed anyone, I'm sorry.

Karen, sorry about the migraine.  Dehydration can definitely do that to you.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I am moving slowly too but it's Monday, ha!  Breathing was a bit low today, so maybe that was the issue yesterday to make my LR so slow?  6-9 miles tonight.

Lisa, how are you doing?

Judy, I wished I had stayed in bed too but was woken up by a puking cat.

Ginny, how are you feeling after your 10?

Susan, nice training!

Carol, is it for a trail marathon?  I trained with my marathon training for a trail 50K that lasted 8 hours so I think a marathon training program will be enough.

Karen, nice job on the 10K too.  Hope your migraine goes away.

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Carol-I think I found some 50 mile training plan and sort of followed it.  I know I had a one 30 miler in there.  NCT is pretty but once around was enough for me in 90 degree heat 2 years ago.  I just don't trust the RD so pack as if it's only lightly supported if you are doing it.  I think that they have group training runs on the course too.  I know on the "training plan".. I did 17 and then 15 for long runs 2 weekends in a row.  Mileage has been fairly stable in the 30's.  I took this as a cut back week with 3 7 mile runs.  Have plan for Poto 20 miler with a run buddy on Saturday.  Come and join us!!!

Susan-DWD Devils Lake is July 12 so not going to plan on a marathon 2 weeks later.  I'll likely be just getting back out for easy miles at that point.

Lisa

ginnyb

Damaris.....I feel okay today, thanks for asking.  No run today, so hopefully tomorrow's run will be back to normal.  Sheesh, that was terrible yesterday!  Wonder why that happens?  I know we have all wondered.  I mean I felt like I could not go one more step, totally exhausted, couldn't breathe right, my back hurt...

Ginny

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies! We are at the beach this week for our annual vacation with DH's family. I got out this morning for 5.1 miles and felt pretty good - usually I feel lousy running at the beach, but it wasn't too hot or humid when I started out this morning. I had only planned to go 4, but I felt so good I went longer.

Susan - wow, it's hard to believe Philmont is so close!

Karen - nice job on the races this weekend, but bummer about the migraine.

Ginny - I like to do my local half too, and am trying to decide if I can swing it this year. It's only 3 weeks after my marathon.

Lisa - your training plan made me laugh.

Crazysue - I saw the pictures from your ride on FB. Looks like fun!

Damaris - ugh on the puking kitty.

Camille - welcome back to Alaska! I haven't actually started marathon training yet - my RB and I are going to sit down next week and write out a plan. We probably won't start until late July/early August, but I am planning on doing a better job of keeping my mileage up than I did last summer. I really slacked off.

Carol - the rim to rim excursion sounds so cool! I'll be interested to see what you pick for a training plan.

I survived DS1's elementary school graduation without crying, and his dance the night before. I met the mom of the girl he asked to the dance at the class picnic the afternoon of the dance, and was pleased to discover that she's very down to earth her mindset is similar to mine regarding the fact that they're to young to be worried about "dating." I laughed when she described taking her daughter to Abercrombie and Fitch to look for a dress, and they were so short that she asked the sales girl if they came with leggings.

The girl seemed very sweet and a little shy. Her parents adopted her from the Ukraine two years ago, and when they adopted her, she didn't speak any English at all. It's amazing how well she speaks it now! All in all, I think they had a good time and had a very appropriate attitude about the whole thing. And the pictures were really cute. Wink

Off to shower off the layers of sweat, sand and sunscreen. Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2