Womens Running

Strategic weekend (dailies) (Read 19 times)

Kilmisters

Water management in hot days is a b---h.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Kilmisters

LR today or tomorrow? Maybe it will be even warmer tomorrow? Maybe it's better to decide on the go? Carrying water in a small bottle? Doing two loops w ''water stop'' at home? No water at all? Putting a coin in shorts pocket for potential gas station/store stop if s--t hits the fan? So many options!

Good luck racers!

Lizzie, please, no WSH-TBL spoilers; I am watching the game bit by bit this morning/afternoon Smile Yup, totally ready for fall here too. Especially because of Sweden trip and Three Days Grace show in Riga. Thanks for explaining the 10k PB/PR situation and GMP Big grin Smile

Sandy, ha, runners - the only bunch that uses ''only'' when describing a 12mi run.

Margaret, 10k is next weekend and w all the weather situation I am happy I didn't pick 21k. Good luck in marathon/training run!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

5.2 for me this morning. Heading to core in about an hour.

Ugh. Soupy mess out there. That was harder then it needed to be. I am ending the week at 39. I was supposed to be at 35...oops. I was actually going to go out and run another mile to make it an even 40..but I am supposed to be in the 30's..so, hey, I am still in the 30's Smile Plus, I do not want to go out in that SOUP again.

Lots to do today. Having lunch with my best friend at our favorite Cuban place. Then I have to go downtown to get cake, and my brother wants $100 worth of beer at one of our craft breweries. He has a hard time paying my back sometimes...i said he needs to pay me in advance for this one Smile I wouldn't mind $10-$20 of beer - he wouldnt need to pay me back..but this beer he gets is $18.00 for a FOUR PACK. Unreal.

Docket - Congrats on the pin and certificate!! MUCH MUCH deserved Smile

Sandy - Hmm…30 miles. Okay, then maybe I would stay there. I guess you can wait and see who could tag along with you and maybe renting a car would be worth it. I would go with you if I could!!! Smile I actually have not been eating the peanut butter! Just the egg Smile I eat some lunchmeat, egg, honey mustard pretzels and a sugar free chocolate pudding (because you know, sweets). I also have like, 4 breakfasts. My blood sugar can be all over the place sometimes so I eat a bunch of small meals. Your lunch sounds REALLY good last week. Not boring! I LLOVVEEE quinoa! YUM. Do you prep it on the weekend and have it ready for the week? That is smart. I think I am going to need to watch Transparent. Sounds right up my alley!! Smile Smile Hope you have a good 12 miles this morning!

Margaret - Good luck on the Princess Run today! Smile I am sure you are going to come back with some gorgeous photos and make us all jealous. Smile The cake she got is actually my favorite one. I was really surprised that was the one she wanted..so I am going to steal a few pieces for "carb loading" Smile

Cathy - GOOD LUCK to you and DD!!!

Run4kupcakes - Wow, nice run yesterday. I might steal that interval workout. If you do the 5K, good luck!!

Kilmisters - Okay,  no spoilers. Glad you warned me! I would carry a small water. When I used to do long runs in the city, I would bring cash with me just incase. So, that is another good option! Oh a Fall Sweden trip and show?! That will be fun!!! I am already looking forward to Thanksgiving. LOL.

Karen - Thought of you this morning - I was in the 9's on this run. Not trying to be..I need a reality check to SLLLOOWWW down in this soup.

AHHH the coffee is overflowing. Why must I test the limits and pour water above the "max" line Smile Now I know Smile

Happy Saturday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

The show was fun. Nice and soothing actually. Dropped off signed paperwork to court clerk yesterday. I asked if there was some sort of receipt or proof of delivery. (Lawyer had said to take picture of papers in the drop basket if I couldn't get into the clerk) She sort of looked at me blankly then asked:

Clerk: "Are you a runner?"

Me: Pausing. "Yes I am. But how did you know..."

Clerk: confused look

Me: "Oh wait! You don't mean as in "running" do you? Because I am an ultra runner"

Clerk: amused look "No, not that kind of runner."

Me: "No, I am not the kind of a runner you mean."

Clerk: "You can take it out and put in basket and take a picture or you can hand to me and check back on Monday to see if it's been signed"

Me: "thank you"

LOL Just need the judge's signature!

I did get my new work ID... with maiden name on it. Thank you universe for helping make that happen but stealing my old ID. Makes me wonder what the universe is saving us all from when it steals one sock.... blisters?

Lizzie-Nice run yesterday! Go fast for the rest of us! This will be first 100k! I pack lunch everyday as well. Same thing. Kind of funny since I am all over the place in other things but eat the same each day for breakfast and lunch. It's the one thing I do routinely. That is expensive bee!

Judy-thank you. Have a nice walk today!

Diane-That's good that dh helps majority of time. And vent away when it's needed when feelings are hurt we are here to absorb them so that they don't stay rattling around inside of you. (that was why I wrote what I did) DC has grown sons so he understands completely taking time before intros happen. Turkey approves.

Damaris-are the new hours better? I think we are a bit out from downtown too... Airbnb. Congrats on the recognition for time spent!

Karen-yes he does like the cars, mountain/road bikes, and motorcycles. I wouldn't go as far as backpacking across Europe but traveling light could be accomplished (I would likely fail though too).

Sandy-We got the rain yesterday afternoon and the storms overnight. I take it the email contained information that they really didn't want to have. LOL Enjoy the run today!

Cathy-enjoy the trail race! I'll have to check out that book! I think the mind is huge part of running and recovery from injuries. One person's debilitating injury is another's change in goals. Training plans get our mind to accept what our bodies can really do. (hows that for a switch in thinking? The training convinces us we are strong enough. I've seen too many crazy success exceptions to training to think otherwise.) That trail would be a nice one to just zone out and ride! I'm with you on not being a fan of straightaway biking.

Laura-We may learn something different when we go into the store but DD says it's $25/week.

Margaret-LOL on stars misaligning. Would be funny if it started in the afternoon with a midnight cutoff. Have fun...

HCk2-Flexibility in your case doesn't work very well.

Elina-I carry water but passing the house is good option too.

Lisa

Funny how after I wrote what I did this morning, I saw this when I walked into the gym.

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 miles today. We have a show tonight as well, so I need to run soon.

Elina, ouch.  I never carry water no matter how hot it is but I have supermarkets around me I can stop for a drink.  Good luck.

Liz, nice run.  Enjoy the lunch and cake!

Lisa, LOL at the comments.  The new hours are longer (4 days of 9 hours in both weeks, 1 day of 8 hours, 1 day off), but hopefully worth it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

10 miles with two of my baby runners. One ran 6, the other was planning on 8, but we went a little faster so he though maybe he could get 10 in before he had to get home, so we went even faster. That last mile was tough, but we got back to the cars at 8:46 (he said he had to leave by 8:45). It was really getting hot and humid by then, but done. Plan said 12-13, but I'm going with more taper/less miles. Now debating pool...

My doorbell rang a few minutes ago and it was the old guy I used to see all the time when I ran in the neighborhood. He lives in the neighborhood connected to ours, and apparently somebody posted in their neighborhood asking if anyone knew who the marathon runner she always sees running is, because she had some questions about running. Bernie figured it must be me, so he stopped by to get my name and number to give to her. I told him a little about my group and he said he'd pass on the info. I've been meaning to post something on Nextdoor about the group so that neighborhood will see it as well - I guess I should.

Margaret, have fun today!

Cathy, oooh, let me know how that book is. I'm trying to read How bad do you want it by Matt Fitzgerald, but I keep getting library books that I've been on the waiting list forever for, so I haven't gotten past the introduction. I also have Endure by Alex Hutchinson once I get through the other one. Lately I've been really interested in the whole mental game. Instead of reading those though, I just finished The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah, it was good. I'd been on the waiting list forever for that one.

Elina, today was the first day I've carried water. I've done a couple longer runs in the neighborhood so i can stop back by every few miles, and the group runs have been cooler so I haven't needed it. Until now, and was I glad I had it. Starting to feel like summer here with the humidity creeping up. We're seeing highs in the 90s this week as well, sigh, hello summer. Spring lasted a really long time for us at least.

Liz, proud of you for not going out for one more mile! I'm at 34 for the week, and may or may not go out for a few easy miles tomorrow.

Lisa, well if it's work ID official, I think you should make the name change facebook official as well!

Damaris, I think you'll adjust well to the new schedule. A 9/80 schedule didn't seem that different than regular because you're not really working that much longer each day to get every other Friday off. 4 10s was harder to get used to in my opinion - for some reason going from 8 to 9 hours was easy, but from 9 to 10 made the work days really drag.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Bikerchick1

Elina - I am a “water carrier” for longer runs, have a fuel belt that I just love!  But your other options are good too!  I don’t like loops to stop at home, makes it really hard to go back out 

Karen - Seriously, you are the Pied Piper of running in Texas!!!!  I love it!

Lisa - So happy that the “stars are aligning” for you!!!  You and DC seem to have a really good “ADULT”relationship...and I don’t mean that in an “ahem” way...but mature sounded old and stodgy.  Hope you know what I mean...

Damarias - I’m sure you will love the new schedule!!!

Lizzie - Busy day for you!!!  That is $ beer!!!

This marathon has been pretty easy to recover from (evidence that I certainly didn’t push it  Wink And crisis averted on big toe...holy cow, I have never had such a hideous looking thing after a race...had a big blister under the nail, was red, swollen, and gross.  Did lots of first aid and doctoring on it and it is good now!

I have walked, but not run, and will get out tomorrow...can’t wait!!!

Carol

Docket_Rocket

Karen, that's what I am hoping, especially since I'm keeping my 4:30pm time to leave, which is my most important request.  Nice 10.

Carol, maybe that's why I recover from the marathons well, because I end up running them slower?  Enjoy getting out tomorrow.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

4.3 for me, I waited until it warmed up a bit (we've had cold mornings the past couple of days). Then I came home and did some weights.  My girls are  visiting my mom for the weekend so it is quiet around here.

Elina - I say to pick the less hot day for an LR!

Lizzie - Wow, that is some expensive beer!  Definitely have him pay you up front, that is a lot of $$.  BTW, we had burgers last night, too!

Lisa - glad you enjoyed the show.  That's cute about the court clerk, hope all goes smoothly with that!

Damaris - your picture was so cute, congrats on 10 years!

Karen - you are becoming famous in your neighborhood, whoo hoo!!  NIce 10!

Carol - glad the marathon went so well, enjoy your run tomorrow!

Seloc

Final double digit run in the books.  11mi.  Yeah, yeah, said I was going to copy Lizzie but didn't plan well.  Ended up back at my place at exactly 11 so 11 it is!!  Logged into work for a bit to avert a crises since I'll be OOO next week.  Finishing laundry and getting packed for work trip and separately sorta packed for Fargo.  SUPER glad I'll be busy so as to not think about the race too too much this week.  Cannot WAIT for Thursday when the guests come to town!  Going to meet up with BIL and nephew in a couple hours to watch other nephew (hopefully play) in spring football game.  Cloudy but 60s so should be okay to sit out there for a bit.

Elina - I carry a hand held and hit up gas stations for refill.  10 miles is kinda my border line if I bring it or not but if it's hot then I probably would.  Like Carol, I canNOT loop back to the house for fear of cutting the run short.  See above haha

Lizzie - yuck on the soupy run.  Good thing all your long runs are DONE!  WOOT!  Yessssssssssssss come to Boston!  We can chat next weekend.    That's not a very big lunch silly.  I'd be famished.  Yes, I always prep lunches for the week on Sundays.  Never dinners but I always make sure I have breakfast and lunch haha.  Never made it out for a burger.  Had half a Target sub in the fridge from the other day so opted for that.    Oh yes, pretty sure you will like Transparent.  It keeps getting more absurd!!  Have a great lunch with your friend and with your family tomorrow.  Wow, that is super expensive beer!!  Nice sister you are!!

Lisa - the convo with the clerk is hilarious.  Pretty sure I wouldn't have even thought of that kind of "runner".  Yup, I'm with Karen - sounds like you can make the name change FB official - woohoo!!

Damaris - congrats on 10 years!  So super stoked you got the hours you wanted, too.  Have fun at the show tonight.

Karen - okay, I don't feel too bad cutting my run at 11 if you cut yours at 10.  Oh wait, you DID just run a marathon.  Eh, oh well, still makes me feel better   Awww, Bernie is so cute being the messenger.  You sure are popular down thar in Texas.  I love it!!  Pool sounds like a MUST.  Enjoy!!

Carol - haha I'm with you - looping home is dangerous!  Glad you are feeling so great post-marathon.  Ew that toe sounds nasty but good work tending to it.  Have a great run tomorrow!!

Laura - nice miles!  Enjoy the quiet day and Happy Mother's Day!!

HCK - whoa that sounds like a tough workout.  Especially on a Friday evening!  No way I could manage that.  Friday's are for beeeer.

Gatsby - good luck today!  Yes, make us jealous with your beautiful pics!  Haha - yep, I'm like you.  No WAY I'm spending money on lunch but no problem spending it on beer!!

Alrighty - signing off.  Will try to check in next week but don't be alarmed if I don't.  Later!!

Kilmisters

Lizzie, 100USD worth of beer, wow, your brother must be my soulmate! In his defense, it's better to buy a really premium beer, even if it's 18USD for 4pack, than waste money on those that taste like cat piss. Finished watching the Caps game, wow, just wow. I don't think anyone saw this coming. But it's just game1. We'll see.

Lisa, that pic you posted here and on FB really helped today!

Karen, local running celebrity, huh? Can't say I'm too surprised!

Carol, glad to hear marathon was a success! True, stopping at home, then going back out there is mentally tough but at least nothing to carry around.

10mi in 77 degrees, which for this country is the equivalent of, uhm, I don't even know... Gazillion? There are pictures all over social media - people posting proof that 1 year ago at this time there was SNOW all over the place. Mother Nature is drunk or has accidentally hit the wrong button, that's the only explanation. The run was tough, I took a small bottle of water and it was enough, but barely. Prepared junk food for the evening - Eurovision Song Contest - a show/contest w such awful (average) quality that it's like a car wreck you can't take your eyes off.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Afternoon ladies!

Elina, great job on the warm run.

Lizzie, sorry it is so soupy sister!  Sounds like a busy weekend.  Enjoy it.  Nice of you to get your brother beer.  Expensive taste.

Lisa, funny about being a "runner."  I can't wait to see your name (and status) change on FB.  How far are you going to go at Pinelands?  Gonna try for the 50K??

Damaris, hope the new hours work out well.  Though longer days can be exhausting, the extra time is sweet.

Karen, why is there even a debate over the pool?  Go get in it woman!!  I am jealous you have one.

Carol, I think you asked about my job - they eliminated ALL full time veterinary positions in the company, so as of July 2nd, I am out on my butt.

Laura, nice miles and enjoy your peaceful weekend.

Sandy, good 11!!  You guys will have so much fun.  When you come to Austin, unless you have a burning desire to come to San Antonio, I will drive to you.  Maybe we could do a few Austin-y things that day.

So...  My morning started off with a thud.  Got up at a decent time and got my running kit on, locked the front door and started my watch.  Dogs were barking unusually loudly/long, so I wondered if something happened in the minute I was outside.  Got my key, put it in the lock and twisted BEFORE it was totally in and bent the crap out of it and nearly broke it off in the lock.  SHIT SHIT SHIT.  Now I was locked out with no spare out back.  (Dog sitter had it.)  Messaged her first, no answer.  Called about 6 locksmiths, left 2 messages and NEVER EVER heard back.  WTF.  Luckily after about 2 hours lazing about in the back yard my dog sitter called and rescued me.  Phew.  So, several hours later I was in.  Went to Home Depot and now have a spare out back.  No, no I didn't run.  It was warm and I just felt deflated.

My mother was out of town for a month (Spain and Portugal, tough life) and got back late last night.  Today I had to break the news about my job, she was calm, but I can tell she is in a bit of a tizzy over it.  Meh, it will be fine.  We have another trip planned for the end of  March 2019 (TEN months from now...) and seriously her first words were that we obviously aren't going.  Geez, give me a chance to get a job before you crap out on the trip.

Now I am going to pick up the house some and maybe drive across town to Trader Joe's.  Maybe.  Or maybe drink some beer instead.  Or wine.  Or cider.  Decisions, decisions...

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

2.75 easy miles this morning & strength training. Went ahead and registered for the 5k tomorrow. Hopefully it's just raining and no thunder.

Lizzie, I like the shorter interval workouts.

KatS, ugh on the key mess.

Kilmisters, I carry cash on me and stop by the store if I need/want water or Gatorade. The gas stations & convenience stores tend to be cheaper than the fast food places.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Lisa - Laughing at your exchange with the clerk! I would have said the same thing. I am very routined about breakfast and lunch as well. It makes it easier not to have to think about what you are going to have for lunch. Like what you said to Cathy about running and recovery and how the mind plays into it. Hmm…I am going to try and remember that!

Docket - You get a work from home day in that mix, too don’t you? Have a great time at the show!

Karen - Nice run with your baby runners! So funny about Bernie! You are well known around there Smile I love it!! Maybe you’ll get a few more baby runners. You carry a handheld water bottle, right? I got one and it is sitting in the fridge full of water waiting to be used. I am worried that my hand is going to get tired after holding it for a while. I may take 4 miles off what I was going to do next week to make up for it Smile We will see.

Carol - Awe, glad you are recovering so well. I have had that happen with the toe!! OUCH. Have a great run tomorrow!!

Laura - Nice miles! Are you enjoying the quiet house?! I love burgers!!!! I seem to like them homemade better than out.

Sandy - Nice 11 today!! I would have left it at 11 too Smile I am jealous of your work trip. Not because you are going to TX - (sorry Karen and Kathryn - but NOPE. I would melt) but because you will nice and busy so the week is going to FLY. I don’t think that is going to happen in my case haha. I am usually starving by the time I get home from work..but then its snack time! Smile You know you can make a pretty good burger on the stovetop. Have you ever tried? I do that if I am craving one and HCBF isn’t around. I am too scared to start the grill myself - why? Because spiders. LOL. Have a great trip!!! Smile

Sandy and Karen - I was thinking today about what I wanted to pack for the trip..and one thing I do know I need is a HAIR DRYER. Wink Wink

Kilmisters - LOL yes, you and my brother would have a great time together. He buys and trades beer. He goes to all these craft breweries on the East Coast and trades beer with people all of the US. Believe it or not - he is well known on Instagram for doing this! Some of the breweries  have featured his photos in ads! Bushybrewguy is his handle if you want to check it out Smile YES..CAPS surprised ALL of us LOL. At least they are "showing up" this time. NICE JOB on that HOT run!! You deserve junk food and beer.

Kathryn - Wow, what a morning! Glad the sitter was able to rescue you! I wouldn’t have run after that either haha. Do you find much at Trader Joes? I never go in there. Your mom shouldn’t worry - I am confident you will find something.

Run4kupcakes - Yay for the 5K!!! Good luck!

Lunch was fun. This Cuban place actually has one of the best Avacado Chicken Salad's I have ever had. I get it everytime. YUM. Then I went downtown to get beer and cake. The local college was having graduation today..AHHH. The city was a traffic mess!

Can I just say it was 99 degrees here today? UNACCEPTABLE.

HCBF is still at work. Salmon tonight and catching up on shows. Smile

Have a great night everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2