K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Ola!

Dinner last night kinda sucked.  STALE ratty bread from a few days prior, sold out of the main dish pretty much at opening, and a very wobbly table.  Almost got up and left.  I skipped an appetizer because I was annoyed and ordered fish.  Main course was decent, but the side of mushrooms was forgettable.  Just plain old button mushrooms.  Skipped desert, again annoyed.  Asked for some port, without even asking me which I wanted she poured me one, much cheaper than I desired.  There, rant over.

Took a cab to/from a part of town with an old church/monastery, nice.  Then got the original custard pastry.  Had enough time for the carriage museum, neat.

Now I am back at the hotel, dropping off my camera and going to a wine/cheese tasting for lunch.  Then buying some Vintage Port to take back.  I know which year I want,  but not sure I can justify it and worried about it being in checked luggage.   Tomorrow is tooling around Lisbon and some shopping.

On a health front, I am kinda getting very worried, I am seeing specks in my right eye, not floaters I don't think.  I am ungodly paranoid, but they are tiny and I  don't always notice them.  Not nearly to the extent of my big retinal tear, but too similar for comfort.  Calling the ophthalmologist when they open this morning for an appointment when I get back.

Sorry it is all about me...

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Morning! RD for me. Asthma follow up today and maybe some Barre after that.

Kat, ugh, sorry about the dinner.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

3.3 miles around the hood this morning.

Kat--hope today is fun. So much to explore.

Tonight the fam is meeting for DS2's birthday. Will be fun.

Later!

LC Runs

3.6 misty miles for me - temp was in the upper 30's so it was foggy out.

Nothing to report here, just work and that is a $hitShow, as usual!

Kat - ugh, sorry the dinner sucked, that is disappointing, for sure.  Definitely get the eye looked at when you get home.  Have a fun day!

Damaris - hope the appointment goes well!

Sue - nice run!  Have a fun bday for DS!!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Running rest day for me. Did a 40 minute upper body workout. Really feeling it! Its been a while since I did upper body. Was planning on running but decided to take a break. Keep forgetting I ran the race last weekend! Smile Noticed that my Mizuno Wave Rider's had 400 miles on them so ordered a new pair a few days ago. Love Holabird Sports because they will be arriving already today! Plus I had a reward certificate so got $20 off. Looking forward to breaking them in!

Took baby B to go get her PCR test. She did NOT like it. Poor thing. Baby tears are the WORRSTTTT. Makes me cry. Should get results by Friday. Crossing my fingers because she is very snotty today.

Just work work work over here.....need to find time to prep for Thanksgiving!

Run4kupcakes – We have those silly training tests as well. Mine are obviously different – arc flash training – why the heck do I need that? OMG on your dad! I hope he is OK?? Glad it was nothing major.

Docket – Enjoy the rest day!

Susan – Nice run this morning! Enjoy the birthday!

CC – Okay, I have to know what your trick for next Summer is going to be??? Yay for 2022 running goals! You had a pretty great year of running this year too! I may do the 10K next year, we shall see. Ugh, yes, his sisters have had COVID or been vaccinated and his parents don’t believe in it. However, his parents have been vaccinated and have received the booster. I think they are just using it as an excuse. Whatever. More food for me! I know that you are a fellow Thanksgiving lover like me 😊. What are your plans this year??

Laura – Nice run!! Ugh, my work is a ^%#show as well. Managing people is hard.

Kathryn – Your trip sounds so amazing and makes me hungry reading about it! Is the custard dish like a creme brulee but with a crust? Oh NO..I hope the eye is OK. Have fun on the tour!

Kilmisters – Oh boy, probably not the safest thing to do to take work calls while running on a busy road. Be careful! I have had that happen to me before and had to stop. It was annoying and was ruining my vibe!

Sandy – You know, I have never had Mulled Wine! Don’t know much about it. Is it sweeter? Nice running for you! SCORE on your work schedule for the rest of the year. That is nice!! I took off week after Christmas and day after Thanksgiving. Hopefully that dumb dude doesn’t flake on me. I will be angry. Are you planning on going to your sisters’ for Thanksgiving? Interesting about the teacher! I guess its good he didn’t get the job so you can continue the class 😊. Have you been on the Peloton? Did I mention my parents got one? Not sure I can picture Bob on that thing. SIL is doing good, thanks for asking! I think they will start trying again here soon. Nephew is good as well! He is always interested in baby B but gets bored with her since she can’t do much. He prefers Ruger 😊.

Lori – Oh my, I am sorry to hear about your cousin! I had my eyes on a bigger car and had to put down a deposit to even test drive it. It still hasn’t arrived yet and that was 2 months ago! I hope you get your race swag! You SOO deserve it!!

Have a great day!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

LC Runs

Lizzie - crossing fingers Baby B's test is negative, poor little thing!  Nice workout!  I did upper body last week and my right shoulder/pec still is a bit sore.  Whoo hoo on the new shoes!!  What all are you making for Thanksgiving?  I have to bring a dish to pass so need to figure that out...

Lori - so sorry about your cousin

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Which workouts are you doing now? I am having everyone bring a dish to Thanksgiving. But, I am making sweet potato casserole (the kind with pecan topping no marshmallow), a dessert and an app. I haven't had time to look up anything for apps or desserts!! I need to do that tonight. I am planning on doing the big grocery trip this weekend so I don't have to worry about it next week. My mom already bought the turkey's so we are set there. My parents are staying the night beforehand to help. I have never made a turkey before! LOL.

I will add - the sweet potato casserole is SUPER easy. Let me know if you want the recipe.

Lizzie - crossing fingers Baby B's test is negative, poor little thing!  Nice workout!  I did upper body last week and my right shoulder/pec still is a bit sore.  Whoo hoo on the new shoes!!  What all are you making for Thanksgiving?  I have to bring a dish to pass so need to figure that out...

Lori - so sorry about your cousin

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Meh, my numbers went down and now she wants me to consider biological meds. I'll see if the plan covers them.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ccoakley

Kats, that is so disappointing about the dinner!!!  I hope today’s wine and cheese more than make up for it! Sounds like you’re getting a really good mix of food/culture/history/shopping in.

Damaris, hope the asthma follow up goes well

Sue, have a great birthday celebration!

Lc runs, wow running in fog sounds really cool but also dangerous.  Where are you going for Thanksgiving?

Liz, nice arm workout, good luck with the covid test.  Sounds like you have a good attitude about Thanksgiving and now you won’t have to hear any of MIL’s crazy nonsense. For Thanksgiving we’ll stay here per our usual, spend the day in PJs and I’ll make all the food exactly the way I like it.  I think I finally got 1 of the kids into pecan pie so I can justify actually making a whole pie this year.   My plan for the summer is to do a Hanson-style approach.  I can handle 90-120 min but anything longer and I just fall apart so current thinking is I’ll only try to run 15-16mi every 3rd week in Jun/Jul/Aug with the other weeks being 10-12 mi mostly @MP.  That should leave enough time for 2-3 18/20 mi runs in Sept/Oct without being too big a jump in mileage. Assuming I can get to summer injury-free.

Ran 8mi this morning, still very chilly when I started but our mini warm front came in and it was toasty by the time I finished.  I really hate to sound like a 1st world spoiled American brat but I am so tired of stores not having what I want.  I’ve been having the hardest time finding a winter coat for DD.  We went to Old Navy mon and they had nothing in her size.  Today I went to order the one she liked in her size and the website claimed I could pick it up at my local store today.  Huh?  Well sure enough I got the email that it was ready midrun so I rerouted and ran past the store to pick it up.  It was a little awkward to run home with but it was less than a mile so….there was a lawn crew out on our block and the guy laughed so hard.  He was so amused that I was literally running errands so at least I made one guy smile today.

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

I had a sore throat yesterday, I think from younger DD.  I drank a lot of tea with honey yesterday and the throat is much better.  A little congested today, but not too bad.  I skipped running for the past few days, did a strength workout this morning.  Too bad because it was 50 degrees this morning.  Balmy!    My work is "suggesting" that everyone take off from Dec 24-Jan 10!  I am already off for a week in Dec to go to Florida with TF.

Kat, sorry about the sucky dinner!  Though it looks like your trip has otherwise been great!  The custard tart sounds amazing.  I hope all is well with your eye.

Damaris, enjoy the rest!  I'm glad the calf has been OK for running.  Biological meds?

Sue, happy bday to DS!

Laura, good luck getting through work this week!  We can start going back into the office this week (if vaccinated), it's optional.  I haven't yet...  I still prefer running in the morning before work, but I can do it later if I continue working from home.  If I wait too long then I start getting hungry, and then running later pushes out lunch, etc.  I also feel weird with not showering after running.  And it's nice when it's cold to take a hot shower afterwards!

Liz, I guess it's good that you forgot you ran a race, your legs are feeling fine?    Aww, poor Baby B!  Turkey is not hard to make!  Not sure if I will have one this year.  I am going to TF's parents for Thanksgiving, making a French silk pie.  My parents aren't doing Thanksgiving.  Maybe I'll roast a chicken for the kids.  My next race is the 5K on Dec 5.  Nothing else planned.  Ya, I will have to train for a marathon in the winter when I run Boston.  I really need to psyche myself up for that.     TF has done it a lot and had to do a lot of runs on the TM.  Yeah, TF is finishing up the current project and they are going to keep him on after that.

Lori, the shirt for Monumental is not that great.  Short sleeve tech tee, I don't think it's anything special.  They were all out of my size for clothing at the Expo, though I did like the long sleeve marathon finisher shirt.  They sent an email after the fact so I ordered it.  It hasn't shipped yet... I don't think they are very speedy about the shipping.  Sorry about your cousin.

Sandy, mulled wine sounds good!  I haven't had much alcohol for the last few months.     Cool that you found a sitter!  Good time to get new swimsuits.  I just got a new one today, just because it was on sale.  You and TF are a lot more confident of my abilities than I am.    TF is still working at the same place, they are keeping him on.  Yeah, TF is now trying to plan ahead with me.    It's still a balancing act with the kids, but I think we're in a good place now.

Elina, wow, you ran at 4pm!    I use the Bluetooth headphones for phone calls now... don't use them for running.    Fun that you were doing work while running.  I'm probably going to do my usual half marathon in the spring and full marathon in the fall.  Not sure which ones yet.  TF has big plans... now he is talking about doing a bike trip in Arizona in February.  I'm not sure about that.  

CC, well, 7 minutes at 6:55 would be more than a mile at that pace, which is faster than my 5K pace.  It seems really fast.     The other day my Garmin suggested the same pace as a threshold pace, 20 minutes.  It also thinks that I am peaking now... It's hard to run without looking at your watch!

Kupcakes, good luck with all those tests.  I hope your dad is OK.

Cathy

CC--"Running errands"!!!  I love it. We live too far out from town for that.

Liz--You had to pay a deposit to TEST DRIVE a car???  DS1 ordered a new car this summer and it may arrive in February! Kia Telluride. And---to avoid the "upcharge" he had to order through a dealer south of Houston. He said most dealers are charging an upcharge of up to $8k for no real reason, other than they can.  And one more wacky new car story--my brother is a farmer in Texas. He has a big double cab 10 year old diesel truck -- the "go to church meetin" truck that has almost 200K miles. Garage kept.  He just ordered a new truck which he should get in a couple of months.  He's already had two offers on the old truck for the price he paid for it 10 years ago--$34k for a 10 y/o truck w 200K miles!!!

Crazy

OMG in our team meeting this morning psycho Jane and my supervisor got into it and boss gave her an a$$ chew. It was great. I had to knit so I didn't crack a smile and get into trouble. 

Massage and chiro this afternoon, then birthday party for DS2.  Woohoo!!  My baby will be 29 on Friday!!  Hard to believe.

Thanksgiving: Everyone is coming over here! Yay!!  We are baking turkey, ham, rolls, pecan pie and pumpkin pie.  Girls are bringing the rest. I may make mac n cheese too bc I have a great recipe for it and the grands will eat it.

Docket_Rocket

This day keeps on giving. The radon inspection for the new house showed as unacceptable. The level is 5 something and minimun acceptable radon levels are below 4. So we are asking them to fix that and two other things. If not, that's a safety issue so we would get out of the contract. The radon remediation is not as expensive as mold, I think. It's just an install of a better ventilation system.

I'm leaning towards no biological meds. These are likely not covered by the plan and they are thousands of dollars in injections. Also, my asthma is doing well, no matter what the number says. So I might just continue my current treatment plan. It's easy when you're married to a doctor because you don't have to argue with the doctor that wants to give you some great treatment that hardly anyone else does.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

Happy to be done with this day, I have this one client that is such a handful...she calls me, doesn't get the answer she wants, hangs up on me, calls me again <repeat process>  Ugh, I ignored her last call (I actually worked late to talk to her) and then she left a message apologizing.  I feel kind of sorry for her because she definitely has mental issues but she gives me a headache!

Damaris - ugh, dang on the not so great appointment news, hope the meds help!  **edit - sounds like a good plan since your current regime is working**

CC - okay that is hysterical about "running errands"!  Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do, glad DD got the coat.  My DD works at Old Navy outlet here.  Good timing on the Thanksgiving because I wasn't sure until today.  I offered to go up to my Mom's for the day but she is going to her friends for the day, so we may meet for dinner on Friday or Saturday.  So,,,I am going to BF's brother/sil's.  He was going but I was a maybe.  Now I have to see what they want me to bring.  Oh, for the fog, I made sure to stay on sidewalks and well lit areas, cause it is a bit sketchy when you know the cars (who often don't pay attention anyway), can't see very well.

Cathy - glad you're feeling better!  Man, I wish my job would suggest that!!  We do have the week between Xmas Eve and New Years off but 3 weeks would be awesome...are they hiring???  That's great you can choose to stay home, I really never want to go back to an office setting! I'm so glad things are going well with TF...I don't know if he's on FB but I admit I try to figure out who he is from your posts/pictures LOL

Oh, I managed a leg workout mid morning - I actually timed it well because the morning was quiet and then it all went kerplooey 

Okay, I guess I should get some dinner going - taco night!

Anonymous Guest

I am beat. Over 14,000 steps according to Garmin and I never left the house. Moving sucks. It is nice to have furniture though. Trying to figure out where to put everything is tough though - we're down three rooms from what we had.

Liz, I want the sweet potato casserole recipe! I love sweet potatoes and things made from sweet potatoes but have no good recipes.

Hi to all, I'm going to bed.

Oh, I forgot. Early evening someone came to the front door - it was neighbors from down the street. Saw we were moving in and came and introduced themselves and gave us a gift card to a local pizza place to welcome us to the hood! So far, I'm getting a good vibe from the neighbors. DH met another neighbor over the weekend, came in and said his name was Kah-LEEB or Kah-LEB. Me: Caleb? Him: Yeah, that's it! How did you know? Me: Because that's an actual name that people name their kids.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel