Womens Running

Make Mine Monday (dailies) (Read 19 times)

We might as well own it and treat it like a boss vs letting Monday own us and treating us like ... well you get the idea.

Cute picture! I read "giving up" as not only in a race but through injury, failing body parts and having to readjust what is in that year's "bucket"... we don't "throw in the towel" and walk away from our dreams, maybe we put them onto a little shelf for another day or maybe we just relish in the fact that we actually had that as a dream. I think there is pleasure and satisfaction in knowing we had the courage to want to do something, but our bodies, budget, life circumstances make that not feasible. The beauty of it all is that we can take that passion and turn it towards something that is feasible. Yeah!

LLLike Screaming Monkeys and being Bear Bait. Need to make sure the calendar works but I'm 97% in for April 4 in Louisiana for the 50k. I'm not gutsy enough for anything longer that goes through the night, plus I want the twofer so would do the 10k on the 5th. Go to about 4:20 in this video to see why I couldn't do this race in the dark, plus nighttime AND screaming monkeys... um...just no. I need LA and I need to run through a building (when I have nightmares about races they always include the course for some reason going through a building so this is cool). I also have alerts set for Bear Bait 50 mile in Florida.  They have up to a 100k but 50 seems enough. I was checking it out last year but it sells out quickly. I now have alerts set up. It's a January race. I do know that I want to do Possum's Revenge next May. LOVE the shirt/medals. March is sort of up for grabs. But these are 3 that I'm looking at: Bataan Death March in NM, Everglades ultra outside of Miami, or Mississippi Trail Run in, you guessed it, Mississippi. Beyond that I haven't quite made it for calendaring. LOL Now you know what I did all last evening.

Margaret-I can't even imagine what organizing an aid station must entail. Maybe as much work as Kat and I did organizing our drop boxes for Mohican? LOL Nice recovery run too Missy!

Daughter from Miami is in town for work again. May go to yoga tonight. Have a great day ladies!

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Grrr, but I still don't like Mondays!  There, I said it.

I'll be in Broward all day today to do meetings of creditors.  I have Pilates and 8 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

BTW, Everglades Ultra is normally HOT.  Februaries are hot now.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bikerchick1

Lisa - You need to be a “life coach”, “motivational counselor”, “author” ... you do such a great job putting your thoughts into words and empowering people!

Damarias - enjoy your 8 and Pilates.

lizzie - thanks for thinking of me looking for my results!!! Sounded like a great weekend.

ginny - was so happy to see you post!  Have missed you, and thinking of you often.

Am posting on phone so will be short and “sweet”.  Grandma’s Marathon:  I hit my B- goal...4:57.  I was doing good, then the d#%* hill at 22 sort of messed with my mind & quads.  The course really had some rolling “hills” along the way, but lots of downhills.  Had awesome weather, the view was spectacular and the event organization is amazing!  Would highly recommend it!  I don’t highly recommend driving 9 hours in a car the next day...my quads were/are killing me.  Not sure if this was my last Full or not .  I didn’t feel good at the finish, never had that happen, before. I’m intrigued by Lisa’s ultra list, and I have some states to check off!

hi to all!

Carol

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

9.2 for me. Abs class tonight.

Good run but humidity is back. I was extra slow today..so I felt a little better out there Smile Trying to get in lots of miles this week before I cut it back for the 2 weeks before I officially start training! We will see how the week goes. I always say that though, don't I? Looking forward to starting a new training plan soon!

Yesterday we ended up showing my parents our new lot. They loved it but were very surprised I was interested in it - they always pictured me a "city girl". Which I used to be Wink They also built their home in the country on a large lot so it will be nice to have them help guide us through the process.

I hope my Monday calms down a bit. Crazy busy morning..AHHH! Is it the weekend yet?!

Margaret – Congrats on a great race! Sounds like some tough conditions. How long does it take to kinda get acclimated to the altitude? LOVE that picture. So true. I wish HCF was good with cars…it would save us a lot of money 😊

Run4kupcakes – I am with Lisa, I guess we all have our hobbies! 😊

Hi Ginny! We miss you!!! I think about you and your family quite frequently. I hope that everything is going okay.

Lisa – Nice run yesterday! Ouch on the deer fly incident. Have you decided if you are moving or not? Or have you found a place yet? Holy cow on your race calendar and possible races. That’s awesome! I hear that Bataan Death March is pretty rough. Hope you are able to visit with your DD while she is there! I am with Carol, you need to be a life coach 😊

Kathryn – LOL at the early evening due to wine..BEEN THERE. I don’t think there is anything wrong with it 😊

Docket – Yuck on your Monday. You’ll be craving a run!

Carol – Congratulations on the race!! You did awesome and you met your goal! When I ran Charleston a few years ago, I drove the day after – 8 hours – it was rough. I will never do that again 😊 I am sure you are happy to be home! You say that now about the full..give it a few weeks 😊

Ugh, 30 emails already this morning. Oh boy. Happy Monday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Today is actually my Tuesday...

Lisa, you crazy race lady!  I cannot believe you got me to put a 2021 race (Bear Bait) on my calendar.  BATAAN!!!!!

Damaris, "enjoy" Broward!  Hey, your days are numbered having to go!!!!

Carol, congrats on the race!!  Join in the ultra fun!  Screaming Monkey, Bear Bait - who can resist just based on the names.

Lizzie, I am the opposite - I grew up in the country and now am a city girl.

Not a lot really.  Having fun looking at Lisa's races and dreaming... As long as I only have to take Sunday off for races, I should be good.  I can just pick up a day later in the week to switch with.  Or at least that is what they said.  THAT is one reason I like the job, there is some flexibility in days off.  I hate rigid places.  Everyone else takes off willy nilly last minute, at least I gave them most of my days off for the entire YEAR in advance.

Kinda tired.  Maybe a nap.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Seloc

Ah, Monday...  Over 300 emails here but, that's par for the course.  Quick fly by here before I start responding.

Fri - TRX/Bells class.  Last one.  Decided to take a break this next session.  Wondering (hoping!) it will keep me from feeling so utterly exhausted and beat up on Saturdays when I'm trying to run "long".

Sat - 11 mi.  See above re: exhaustion and feeling beat up.  Probably just all the birthdays catching up to me and being completely out of shape.  Time will tell.

Sun - a slow recovery 4mi

Mon - regular rest day.  Though, I still got up at regular time and dusted, vacuumed and washed bedding.  Didn't feel like doing it yesterday.

Decent weekend.  Met up with a friend for coffee, went to my nieces basketball tournament and then a grad party.  Mostly relaxed and read yesterday.  I really enjoyed I Let Her In.

Liz - never fear.  I will turn the A/C on for guests.  Pretty sure my tolerance for h and h is higher than yours.  Will not let you suffer.  Marathon training class starts this Saturday - Grandma's was this past Saturday.  We certainly can get A&W hotdogs when you are here if you wish though I will pass.  Glad you had a nice weekend.

HCK - that's a lot of cars!!  Nice you get off a bit early in the summer.  I hate when they change up the shoe models!

Lori - looks like your miles are increasing a bit again.  Feeling okay with all that?

Damaris - CONGRATULATIONS on the multiple offers!  Have you made a decision??

Cathy - mmmmmmmmmmmmm dim sum.  That sounds SO GOOD.  I have no idea if there is anywhere near me I can get some.  I fell in love with it in Hong Kong.  Hope you had a great weekend!

Carol - congrats on the marathon!!  Hey, B goal rocks!!  I totally know what you mean about those rollers at the beginning - I think people forget about those!  Sorry that Lemon Drop hill caused you some pain.  What did you think about the cobblestones?  And all the turns at the end - I remember thinking I would NEVER see the finish!  Glad the weather was nice and you had a good experience.  Now, enjoy that recovery!!

Margaret - congrats on another 50K!  Wow, that sounded TOUGH.  But, beautiful.  And, so much driving.  You are a rockstar.  Impressive following that up with 7mi and KBs?!!!

Ginny - welcome back to the forums!!

Kat - day drinking is my jam.

Okay, gotta fly.  Work is trying to crush my soul.  Going to be a tough coupla weeks - not sure how much I'll be able to post.  Will catch up when I can.  Cheerio

Body Pump this morning.

I have always wanted to do the Bataan Death March.

Lisa--if you do the Mississippi 50, let me know.  I have thought about the 20K.  It is about 1.5 hours north of me.  It does fill up quickly.

Happy Monday!!

Docket_Rocket

There was no decision to make. I signed Indy an hour after I got it.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Damaris, hearty CONGRATS! Where is the Indy? Indiana???

Lisa, you really do need to write the great advice you give! You give such excellent and positive insights! I completely agree with Carol !

Yesterday, Sunday Buddy and I did 70 minutes out the trail. It was flooded in the usual spots so we regrouped and went the opposite direction. That direction follows the river but from much higher ground so it doesn’t flood. We saw wild turkeys, lots of bunnies, and a deer. It was a nice run.

Today I’m back to the routine… 45 minutes TM running, then 35 minutes on the bike. Storms expected this afternoon.

Happy runs, All !

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Great to see ya back, Ginny!! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

It was a decent weekend, have fun with my parents and sis for dim sum on Saturday.  I liked the Aladdin movie on Friday night!  I thought it was entertaining.  I don't really remember much about the animated movie, just a few of the songs.  Ran 6 on Saturday, 3 miles of that with DD.  She had an interesting progressive run, started at over a 12 minute mile and ended with a 10 minute mile.    10 miles yesterday with 8 at goal pace, which the plan prescribes at 8:51 min/mile, which is faster than I would run the marathon.    My legs were a bit tired and it was windy so I figured I would aim for around 9:00 min/mile, which is closer to my actual goal pace.  

Lisa, I'm no trail runner but your plans sound cool!    Looks like you had fun on the trails this weekend!

Damaris, have a good 8!  Congrats on Indy!!

Carol, congrats on Gramma's!  9 hours in the car afterwards would be tough!

Liz, nice running this weekend!  Those were some awesome tempo miles.  Haha, yeah, you always say that.     Yes on the 10K!    Sad about your friend's BF.  I don't know if I will go for a sub 4.  We'll see how the training goes.  My plan was to be around a 4:05 this time and go for a sub 4 and possible BQ (shhhhh!)   for the next one.  The training plan is kind of goofy though, with the 8:51 goal pace.  Later on I have a goal MP run with a 8:41 pace!  What?!?  That's like my half marathon pace.  When I asked the coach about it, he said that they tend to be conservative with the race day pace but will adjust depending on how the training goes...  I am not sure how running faster than goal pace will get me ready to run goal pace.     So I figure if I am round 9:00 as a goal pace then I'm good.  

Kat, hope you enjoyed the nap.    Rainy again here today, I could use a nap...

Sandy, well, you ran 11.  That's still something!    Glad you enjoyed the book!  I am still reading the Meb book.  Not a lot of reading time lately!  The dim sum was awesome.  Younger DD actually appreciates it now.    They don't have any good dim sum places in WI.  Good luck with work.  Don't be a stranger.  

Margaret, awesome job this weekend!  Another 50K.  Sounds like a fun race.  Not really.  

Kupcakes, 6 cars?  Sounds completely reasonable.    If I get the latest shoe, I get it from Holabird!

Judy, sounds like you had a nice trip!  Welcome back!

Cathy

Docket_Rocket

Judy, yeah, Indianapolis, IN.  Can't wait.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Damaris--congrats on Indy!! Do you have a start date?

Judy--sounds like a fun trip!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

So, I get an email from my Alliance Director (Big big boss - highest guy on the account..HOT Wink ) asking if I would be interested in a 9-12 person team relay run going from Charlottesville to Williamsburg - 200 miles. Its during marathon training time so I would have to figure that out - but he seriously sent me an email saying he heard I was a runner. How could I not say yes?! I kinda really want to do it. I have never done a relay and would like to experience it. I would be good at those middle of the night legs! Smile I hope the company is paying. LOL.

Kathryn – That is true, a job having flexibility is a plus. But who knows, maybe you can find that and a job you like out there! 😊

Sandy – Over 300?:! OMG. I would be stressed out. Nice running this weekend, girl! Sorry you felt exhausted and beat up. ☹ OMG on your Monday morning chores. Haha. I can picture you doing that – cleaning first thing on a Monday? Go you. Oh NO..I do not need an A&W hotdog. They are good though. Duh Liz, I remember now you saying training started after Grandmas. Oops. So, how long is the first LR you do with them? Hang in there with the work stuff!

Susan – Woohoo, nice job getting to Body Pump.

Judy – You are doing great with all this bike training! Oh no on your trail being flooded. I saw something on Facebook about OH getting a ton of rain.

Cathy – NICE running for YOU over the weekend! This plan looks good on you 😊 Maybe those goal pace miles were supposed to be faster so 9:00 would feel better? 😊 I am sure aiming for 9:00 goal pace miles is just fine 😊 Did you say, BQ on the next race?! 😊 You are totally capable of that, Cathy! Really! You are also capable of a sub 4 THIS race. I can’t wait to see how you do! DD did a great job with her run, too! She is just like her momma. Glad you had a good weekend with the family. I haven’t seen a Disney movie in a really really long time..but I do want to see Aladdin. I loved that movie as a kid.

Okay..work for another 45 minutes then off to abs! I am starving today for some reason. Maybe its PMS..my watch told me my period is coming. LOL.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2