Womens Running

We Are Getting There THURSDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 17 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Almost there!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!

I can't believe I am doing my last LR tomorrow! Crazy. Well, I dont consider it long since I dont have to take fuel with me Smile I'll say its the last double digit run. Going to be in the low 60's and raining. Thats okay with me Smile

Nothing to exciting over here. HCF enjoyed his birthday dinner and his gifts Smile We are celebrating with his family on Sunday while watching the Packers game of course. I have to mentally prepare myself for being around his twin's kids. They are hyper beyond belief. Its equal to a week of extroverting.

Is it time to go yet? Can I quit yet?

Margaret – Oh no!!! What did you eat?! I am glad you are feeling a little better! Ugh. Enjoy your rest week and your temps! Hehe Smile

Run4kupcakes – Nice treadmill miles!

Docket – Were you able to get to the dentist yesterday? I have been waking up with headaches all week!

Karen - I have a training question. I guess we can talk more when I see you very soon!!! BUT...after Richmond I am going to take a training break. I kinda want to keep my mileage up just incase something comes up - maybe some half marathons. Should I just do a plan or kinda wing it? I was hoping to keep the weekly mileage around 50-55 with some lower weeks in there. I feel like if I write down a "training" plan, I am going to feel like I HAVE to follow it. Does that make sense?

Happy Thursday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Dentist appointment is today.  I woke up with high BP but no headache or pain, so I have not taken ibuprofen yet.  I have Pilates and 15 at some point today if the dentist does not take too long.  Sigh.

Liz, good luck with your LR tomorrow.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Sucky 5 miles this morning.  I was just so out of gas this morning. Ugh. But done.

Damaris--good luck at the dentist.

We're going to a retirement seminar this evening. Yawn.

Have a great day!!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Damaris, best of luck at the dentist.

Wednesday the rain was only a light intermittent mist. It felt so cooling and good on my face! I’m so pleased that I saw 4 fox squirrels out by the lake. I was hoping they would proliferate here. We had loads of them when we lived in the eastern border of OH. They are larger and tougher than our smaller grey or black squirrels but I am happy to have them all.

Today I plan a run out the trail. It got cooler again!

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

dhuffman63

Trails

45 degrees here this morning.  I have a sweater and a coat on.  Sorry Damaris, not bathing suit weather for this lizard.

Margaret, glad you are feeling better.  That's one thing I've not had but DH has and was miserable.

Good luck at the dentist Damaris.

Judy glad you are enjoying the squirrels.  The only ones I see here have lost  the battle against a car.  We have hawks that take care of a lot of them too.

Boss gave me a huge new project Monday as soon as I got in to work from all my travels so I've been busy with that. I wanted to do 20 on Sat and 10 on Sun but I am so tired I might just take the weekend off and after my miles today call it a week.  My back is still hurting and I'd like to give it a rest. I have about 22 days before PH but it's not an A race just prep for BB.  sigh.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, glad HCF had a nice bday.  Good luck with your LR tomorrow.

Damaris, good luck with the dentist, hope they figure it out.

Sue, sorry the miles were sucky.  Enjoy the talk tonight.

Judy, fun on the squirrels.

Diane, 20 seems like a lot 3 weeks out, but more experienced folks will chime in...

Went out to get a longer run (hah, walk) in and my watch battery was dead.  I put it on the charger yesterday and did it backwards.  Luckily it charges relatively quickly, when it is 50% I will head out.

Call today regarding the job.  From the HR person in Houston.  Not really wanting to chat about it yet, but...

Nothing else today, no work.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Seloc

HCK – hey, what’s next for you?  It could be my SI joint?  I have had trouble with that on the other side.  But, this feels different.  Super internal.  Hard to explain.

Gatsby – oh no on the sickness!  That sounds awful.  Do you know where you picked that up?  Hey, we are having similar weather for a change!

Lizzie – oh, hellz ya you leave that window open to sleep.  That is the BEST!  All snuggled under the blankets.  AHhhhhhhhhh.  How was the birthday dinner?  It sounds DELISH!!  Man, I’m jealous.  My sister said she was bringing over chili but never showed and the cupboards are more bare than usual since I was gone last weekend so it was Milk Duds for me.  #winning.  Eavesdropping on your question to Karen cuz I can’t resist…  I vote for WING IT!  It’ll be good for you!

Lisa – oh no on hitting the deer!  Bungee cords and duck tape usually can fix anything right up.  Birthday run sounds FUN with that youngster!

Damaris – 15 miles?  On a Thursday??!!  Oh.  My.  Gosh.  Glad you could get in to see the dentist!!

Sue – hey, sucky 5 mi is better than 0 mi!  Can you bring some sewing to the seminar?

Judy – hmmmm I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a fox squirrel.  Lots of greys and the occasional albino around here.  They like to drink water from my birdbath and stalk the kit kat.  I’ll have to dig up a funny pic…

Diane – good luck with your big project!

Another beautiful morning for running and another crappy run.  Will not run now until Sunday to hopefully fix this thing right up.  Heading to Fargo tomorrow to watch my nephew’s football game.  It’s supposed to be low 40s with a stiff breeze at kick off.  Brrrrrrr!!

Seloc

x-post with Kat - good luck with the work meeting and have a great run!!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Thursday!  6 miles easy yesterday and 4 mile fartlek this morning.  40 degrees.  Chilly.    Took older DD to see an oral surgeon yesterday, the appointment was at 11:00 and the doctor saw us at 12:20!  I guess next time I should just show up an hour late and demand to be seen.   

Lizzie, last long run, woo-hoo!  Happy birthday to HCF.  How about them Brewers?    My sister and her fiance are coming up on Saturday and we are going to the Brewer game.  You take a training break?!?  No way!     I am weather stalking for Oct 7th also, I am volunteering for the Lakefront Marathon!  Yeah, mittens might be nice to bring to TCM, 40 will probably seem super cool to you!  Oh, and congrats on the caterer!

Damaris, hope the dentist appt goes well and you figure out the source of the migraines.  Hope you get the 15 in!

Diane, sorry about the back!  I hope it feels better.

Kat, hope the call goes well!  Bummer on the watch.  Enjoy the longer walk/run.  

Sandy, welcome back!  Sorry about the crappy running.  Personally, I would rest.    What is it with the running pain?!?  UGH!

Karen, LOVE the photos of Riley and Huck.  They will be great buds!  8 weeks of hill training?  Wow, that sounds fun.  

Lisa, you hit a deer?  Glad you are OK!  Haha, can't wait to see how you dress on Sunday!

Margaret, oh no, sorry about the food poisoning!  Hope you are better today!

Cathy

dhuffman63

Trails

Hi Sandy. Did you enjoy Boston?  I was there a few years ago for a work meeting (telecom back then, Vonage was our client) and really liked it.  I'm not much for big cities but I liked Boston, San Fran, and Denver.

Kat, good luck on the work front.  You have to remember I'm walking and not running so recovery is a bit easier than if I ran the whole thing.  Right now it's more mental as my allergies are acting up and my head is all stuffy from them which makes me grumpy and want to just sleep.  I also consider myself some what lizard like....I like warm sunny rocks to lay on and the cold makes me sluggish

Hi Cathy.  Doctors that show up late to appts really piss me off.  They act as if only they are important...I'm losing pay sitting around waiting to be seen.  I make it there on time so they should too.  Rant over...lol.

Seloc

For Judy - the kit kat and grey squirrel having a stare down about a year ago...

Liz-happy extroverting this weekend! a training plan for rest/recovery... sounds about right for us. That was why I planned two weekends of travel to family things following the 100k. forced family fun.... LOL  It was actual fun though but you get the drift. maybe plan stuff that won't allow for long runs. Or sign up for a yoga class that will give you some balance. pun intended.

Damaris-hope they figure it all out!

Sue-retirement seminars and yawning seem to be the perfect way to end a day that started with a sucky 5 mile run. LOL

Judy-not sure what a fox squirrel is but it sounds cute.

Diane-I know it is frustrating to balance out everything with the goals we set out for ourselves. Sometimes it's an exercise just to make adjustments to those goals. I know that Abhay was really down after we had done a training run because he struggled on the 16 mile loop where I was doing it for the second time and had to hold back.  When we got to my place I pulled out the big box I have of medals. Started showing them to him with them dating back to 2006/2007. Point being that it takes time, it takes a lot of time, there were many many many shorter races before the longer races. There was lots of readjusting of goals to fit in with family/work stuff. Lots of making the most of those shorter races and seeing the benefit of volunteering/helping others. You've come a long way in a few short years! Celebrate that plus celebrate that you want more!

Kat-good luck with the HR person and that run or whatever the forward motion is!

Sandy-lol on a good day for a run and a crappy one at that. Watch out for wood chippers in Fargo.

Cathy-fartlek day! Woot!

Stair machine this morning and working on finding that positivity. DD is missing the Jeep I bought for her. Filed a police report. Sucks. But it's just metal and paint. Happy that nobody was hurt in or over the things. On a brighter note she got the study abroad program she was hoping for in Rome. That starts end of January and goes to end of May. Comes with an internship in Rome. She won't need the Jeep over there but makes it tough to get to and from the two jobs she is working now on top of school. She'll figure it out.

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Well, the root canal I had 25 years ago needs refurbishment.  If that cannot occur for some reason, I need to remove the tooth and do an implant which takes 8 months or so and three different processes (plus a new crown). Oh, and it looks like a tooth infection in that root.  Endo appointment for late October.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ouch Damaris!! I need to go to the dentist--I think for the same--not sure if the molar cracked, or the fillings have cracked. Idk if they can crown it or if I need an implant but I just am dreading and avoiding the whole situation which I know is foolish.

Judy--We saw huge red squirrels last weekend in Vicksburg. We have LOTS of squirrels here. I'll send you some Wink

Good luck Kat

I guess my boss has been busy terrorizing other people--haven't heard from her yet today....

Yes--retirement seminar sounds like a great knitting opportunity. Unless they turn off the lights, then it will be naptime.