Womens Running

Waiting Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 13 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 5K easy on the TM, windy and pouring rain outside, yuck.

RR#2 - DH made another bold proclamation last night, said he wants to run 10K in 45.

KR - sat around in his PJs all morning and wanted to have a bath 10 minutes before it was time to go next door to daycare.  Of course, he didn't want to get out of the tub after 10 minutes and I had to wrestle him into his clothes.  Then we realized he's outgrown his rain boots and he was a princess and made me carry him next door because he didn't want to get his shoes wet.

FR - bulgogi on top of lo mein noodles, veggies.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - 10 ish km's, got my almost 8k in yesterday so anything over 8 will put me at over 300 km's for April Smile

KR - yesterday morning after I left DH said he woke up to someone wapping his face from my side of the bed saying "Tim, Tim", he thought it was me, looked over and M was tucked into my spot, he said her name and she said "Call me Terry!!".  She told him to go back to sleep, but every few minutes would wap him again and insist that she was me, finally he told her to go play with her tablet in her own room and she let him sleep a bit longer.  For some reason I find her impersonation of me hilarious.

TR - it was just her and I last night as DH took M to see MIL.  O was in a jolly mood and laughed hysterically over everything.  She also wanted to play jump rope, which involves each of us holding one end of the rope and waving it around.  If I tried to do anything else she'd just say "No, No".

FR - DH's in charge tonight

RR2 - going to the shirt and medal reveal for the marathon tonight, I will probably run on my own beforehand to make sure I get my distance in, but if some people run a bit after I might go for a few more km's for fun.

zorbs - There's no way I could give M a bath in 10 minutes, it's usually a 45 minute affair.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runninmer

RR:  Hoping for something quick after school then my last spin class.  Really not sure if I want to continue with the spin or not.  I enjoy it, but it also interrupts my running week.

BR:  Crawling like crazy.  Loves to pull himself up and stand too.

TR:  Pooped on the potty again last night.  He is so cute when he does it because he is so proud.  Always says "bye, bye poo poo".  DH said it was a lot and he was worried it wouldn't all flush!

NRR:  Its 10AM and I am exhausted.  I had a 7AM meeting about a student that was pretty intense.  My second block of classes the kids were just on my nerves.  Thankful for 40 minutes to decompress before my 6th graders come in.  I sent DH a text asking him to bring me a case of wine.

FR:  Marinated chicken with rice and corn last night.  It was delicious.

zorbs - That is a pretty speedy 10K.  Do you think he will accomplish it.  We have had shitty rainy weather too.  Today looks promising.

CAR - Have fun tonight at the big reveal!  Ooohhh...I never think about the last day of the month and my mileage...I should check and see what I need to squeeze in tonight...and maybe skip spin!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

runnergirl9508

RR: A little over 7 miles this morning. Felt great! All of my bootcampers are either out of town or had to switch to the night class for today. I do miss the workout, but it was nice to sleep in until 5:10, not 4:45.

TR: such a fun kid, talking so much now. I took him to Home Depot yesterday to pick up a couple of things, and he was so happy to help me find the right aisles and get the items off the shelves.

NRR: another rainy day. Might take R to the mall- he needs a new pair of sneakers.

zorbs: sounds like DH is getting smarter with the goal setting! Wink Rs bath time is short too- I get him in and out in 10 min. DH will dawdle and let him play, but I'm usually just ready to get him to bed so I can relax for a few minutes myself!

CA- nice mileage this month! Lol on M pretending to be you. Hope the shirt and medal reveal goes well- sounds like fun!

Mer- aw, I love the crawling stage, so fun! R skipped right over that and walked first, lol. Sorry about the tough students! Are you thinking of dropping spin in favor of another running day?

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Ended up skipping my run because I had too much to do last night. Running with RP after work, her shin is feeling better and can run 3+ miles again.   EMRP got a job offer with our local school district and won't have to commute 45 minutes starting next year, so it will be easier to run together around our work schedules, yay!

RR2: So far I'm liking my Pearl Izumi shoes, seem to be a good replacement for Asics, we will see how they fare for longer runs.

TR: Had a horrible, no good, rotten, very bad day yesterday. He even peed the bed during rest time despite going before and getting up once during his nap to go.

FR: Last night was beef stroganoff, tonight will be either something with ground turkey or elk steaks.

NRR: DH is doing a job shadow today for the position he's interviewing for on the 15th.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

CA - oh normally bath is a long, drawn out affair, all the better to kill time in the mornings.  When B goes to school, DH manages to hose him off in well under 10 min but yesterday he wanted to play with bubbles.  That's sort of creepy that M pretended to be you.

mer - well the problem with DH is that he tends to run fast during training runs and much slower on race day.  We (running gal pals) cannot figure this out.  Maybe he's afraid of crashing and burning publicly during a race?  Anyways, the 10K he ran last Sunday was the first race that I felt like he ran to his ability and if he keeps it up, should be able to break 45 pretty soon.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- DH is faster than me now, I hate it. However, I have better endurance for longer runs. R makes me carry him into daycare pretty much daily.

CA- LOL on the impersonation! How are you liking the ambassador gig?

Mer- R used to say goodbye to his poop. Now he goes "That's a BIG ONE!"  He also does a laugh that sounds like Butthead and says "Fart!" whenever I serve up ketchup and it makes the squirty noise.

RG- I sometimes let R freerange in the store a bit, he likes to help push the cart Smile

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runninmer

zorbs - I think some people have a hard time with racing for some reason.  That is really weird that he is faster on regular runs.

spike - J told me last night that it was a "Massive Poop".  We both thought it was hilarious.  I am just glad he is doing it on the toilet and not in a diaper.  At what point do you start working on no diapers while sleeping? Not that we are even close to that, but just curious.  Would DH's new job be much different from what he is currently doing?  Better pay?  Different location?

rg - Our day hasn't been washed out, but it is super wet out there.  J didn't crawl for long and then took off walking.  H is still so little that it would be weird to see him walking.  I enjoy spin, but it has compromised one of my running days.  I like having two rest days, it has always worked for me.  We will see.  I am a sucker for good weather and will skip class to run, and then am wasting my money.  Maybe I need to make a rest day a cardio day and run the others....

CAR - I just googled the conversion...WOW!  That is a lot of miles!  I don't know how you get it all done!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

Mer- I reuse a diaper for 2-3 nights so I'm not going through many, but he still pees at night at least once a week. I really have to monitor how much he drinks before bed too. I've heard with boys its pretty common for them to wet at night up to age 6-8 :/   The new job would be in Transmission Dispatch (incidentally, that's what I went back to school for when I was pregnant with R but was never able to get hired) and a lot of the duties cross over from his job in Power Plant Operations. Same employer, it would be higher pay and no commute. At first DH did not seem excited at all, but he's looking forward to a potential change of scenery. The new job would carry higher liability for error (read: stress)- he would be managing inflows and outflows from the power grid. Its a job that is either totally boring or pretty much chaos, so we will see. The other thing is, is that he could always go back to his old job if a position opened up, so he's got a safety net so to speak.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

mer - yeah there are so many things I'd like to do, spin, yoga, etc, but running ends up trumping so I don't do it.  It's definitely busy getting it all in, but being able to run at lunch helps, and DH is super flexible w/ my running also.

RG - nice mileage today!  I think we're supposed to get some rain tonight also.

spike - awesome that your RP's are back from injury, and work!  boo for the horrible no good rotton very bad day Sad  The ambassador gig has been fun, it's been a good chance to meet a bunch of the local running community.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/