Womens Running

Tackle TUESDAY (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I am going to tackle my coffee first.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.1 for me this morning. Body Pump tonight!

Run was good! Hamstring was a bit cranky but I think that is because I went hardcore on the stair master yesterday. I have to remember that I am starting to get back into the 50 mile weeks..so I need to "cool it" on the gym cardio. About 35 out there..perfect in my opinion!

Mid West peeps...I am going to get a taste of your winter tomorrow! 21 degrees but with wind chill it will feel like single digits! Granted we will only experience this for one day.... Wink but still! Everyone is freaking out hahaha. I have an awful speed work run I have to do..I don't plan on changing my wardrobe too much except for adding a shirt under my jacket and bringing along some hand warmers. I bet my face will hurt Smile And my butt.

Hoping for a busy day but probably will be slow. I do have a key audit....blah.

Run2trail – How cool that you met a new running friend while stretching!  Smile Did you two plan any other runs together?

Diane – Oh man, sorry for your crappy day yesterday. That is really strange about the car. Especially since its new! I hope the shop is replacing it at no charge! I am surprised that kind of thing isn’t covered under warranty?? Sorry to hear about eh hearing aid..I find it hard to believe that they don’t have ANY option for you. Good luck! Oh, and sorry about the kitty. I hope your day is better today!

Docket – I would love to own a Louis Vuitton..but you are right – those stores have high security and I feel like im being watched. Maybe they know that most of my wardrobe is cheap Old Navy stuff.

Kathryn – You are so helpful! Smile

Karen – Congratulations speedy!!! Nice job on placing 3rd in AG!! WOOHOO. Kind of a coincidence that you were eying the coffee mug and the visor and you ended up getting both!  Smile I REALLY hope that the course was not short. UGHHHHHH. God, do I know that sinking feeling. Did others say that their watches were short? Do you know if the course has ever been short/long before? Regardless, nice job! I know that doesn’t help, but seriously..nice job. Do you know what caused the slowdown? Fuel? Your “slow down” is my fast pace. LOL. Hope you are resting and recovering well! That’s a lot of driving!

Laura - We watched TWD last night - not the finale but the episode before that. I heard people are upset about the finale. Did you watch? No spoilers! Smile

Sandy - I was thinking about you this morning and was going to tell you something..but I forgot. LOL.

Happy Tuesday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Happy Tuesday

boss is already on my last nerve and it's only Tuesday.....

Walked all 4 dogs w DF this morning.  Boy, was that crazy.

Karen--the results page was down yesterday and today...I'm thinking something is going on...I can only find the 2016 results.

Diane--I hope the kitty is doing better.

Later!!

dhuffman63

Trails

21 here this morning...you are welcome to it Lizzie.  I'm having my coffee first too!  I'm hoping to get some kind of run/walk/whatever in after work today.  Yay for you on getting out there in the am.

This is the 2nd year of the Gulf Coast marathon.  My dad was trying to talk me into coming back for that as it's really close to where they live. Same with Sue.  I sure hope it wasn't short.

The shop is the one who put in a new one after the accident so they are covering the replacement and the rental car.  If it hadn't been for the accident then the dealership would cover it.  Royal PITA but hopefully that's the end of the accident replacements, etc.  Now for my back (too bad that's not warrantied-but I guess I'd have run out the time on it...lol)

Kitty is still peeing where ever she is and is still not playing or even doing much of anything but sitting on laps.  Not at all like a normal kitty.  She goes in for her second shots and DH will ask again about what could be wrong with her.  Sad as she's cute, looks almost  like Gizmo.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Congrats to racers!

Lizzie, yes, my gym has an indoor 8 laps per mile, 4 lane rubberized track.

Monday was gym day. I got a chance to meet up with two guys I’ve run with a lot at the gym. They and their families are doing well. I got in a 50 minute run at the gym and 45 minutes of yoga at home.

Today I plan to go over to the gym for my run. Lots of cold here.

Safe and happy runs, All!  

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I got to court for an all day trial to read an email from the Chicago Marathon that I'm back in!  Legacy status after I finish this one!

I have the all day trial, Pilates and 6 miles tonight.

Lizzie, nice run!  Enjoy the cold weather!  I could buy a LV, but that's too much IMO.  I buy Coach bags and feel better about dragging them all over. If I buy something that expensive I'll probably wreck it or damage it before I even leave the store.  Same with the Jimmy Choo's. One time I thought of buying a pair for court and I knew I would scratch them as soon as I walk on the sidewalk.  Gah.

Susan, ugh, bosses.  Walking 4 dogs was a chore, I'm sure.

Diane, sounds like it was short for the marathon course.  Good luck with the run/walk!  Poor kitty.

Judy, enjoy the gym.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

I'm so glad my most expensive habit is trail shoes.  I now own 5 pairs of trail shoes alone...lol.

Damaris, enjoy court...

Judy, glad you have somewhere safe to run in the winter even if it's an indoor track.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Last night turned out to be upper body supersets.    It was OK, not fun, but upper body strength rarely is fun.    4.25 on the TM this morning.  It's starting to feel a little easier, like my body is finally figuring things out.  19 with a feels like 1 right now.  It was probably below zero this morning when I walked DD to the bus stop, I didn't look before we went, which was probably a good thing.  Sometimes it's better not knowing.    I skipped the walk through the park!

Lizzie, yeah, I think with 50 mile weeks you don't need additional cardio.    Your butt will hurt?    Yeah, that blogger will assume that he starts last and that someone does not come onto the course really late.    It would be hard to keep track of that while running!  Particularly when your brain isn't working correctly after mile 18 or so.    I don't think I can tape that spot on the side of my foot.  It bothers me for a few minutes at the start of the run and then it goes away.  Then some soreness later but it dissipates by the next morning.  There is a Polar Bear Plunge where people just run into Lake Michigan on New Year's.  DH did it once.  There are people that show up in swimsuits.  Alcohol is often involved.  

Diane, I hope that's it for the car issues!  Aww, sorry things aren't working out with the kitty.  Hope they can figure out what is wrong with her.  Hope today is better!

Damaris, congrats on Chicago!

Karen, man, I hope the race wasn't short!  Sounds pretty suspect though.  Congrats on the AG place!  3:53 is awesome.  Nice Christmas present!  

Diana, always nice to meet another runner!

Kat, weird about the abdominal cramps!  Hope it was nothing.  Ha, you should see the purse I carry.  It's not even real leather.    I'm not big on fancy purses.  If I don't need to carry a purse then I don't.  

Happy Tuesday!

Cathy

dhuffman63

Trails

I hear you Cathy...I'm kind of tired of rental cars.  My purse is definitely not leather.  I hate carrying one but I have all sorts of useful "things" in there that it's hard not to.

Seloc

Sue – glad you had a great weekend with Karen and congrats on the half!  Darn good time for no training.  Your boss bugs me LOL  I would NOT be able to deal.  All 4 dogs at once?  Oh boy

Damaris – well, thank goodness your coach gave you a rest day yesterday haha.  Hope you can figure out the sock/blister issue!  Hate to have something like that slow you down.  WOOHOO for getting into Chicago!!

Judy – bummer you have had to move indoors but I totally get it.

Laura – awww that’s sweet that DD and DS helped with the tree.  Sounds like you have some really great kids and everyone gets along.  UGH on your work drama!  Good plan to take it one day at a time.  Hope you hear something soon about your app.

Cathy – wow, that’s super cool about the guy raising money at Houston.  Maybe THAT’s the whole point of the stat you see on the MTEC results haha.  YES!  50* in the spring is for SURE shorts weather haha.  But, yeah, I wear a coat in 30s, too.  And NO THANKS on a polar plunge – brrrrrrrrrrr!!  Nice miles this morning!

Kat – yikes on the cramps!  Haven’t you had those before?  Sorry if TMI but could it be ovulation?  Oh nothing fancy with the hair – just freshen it up and cover the greys.  Sigh.  When does one become old enough to throw in the towel, cut it all off, go grey and get fat?  Not sure if I’ll ever be ready for that TBH.  I have enough problems trying to find a date.  Oh, and I bought some of the canned S/O yesterday, gave Leo and spoonful with lots of water and he gobbled it right up!  Here’s hoping this will help his issues.

Lizzie – good plan to get that sparkle before buying a house!  Yep, was barely started on a run when I fell on a very small patch of ice that was hidden by a dusting of snow.  Feet flew out from underneath and I broke the tip of my radius.  Luckily it wasn’t displaced enough to require surgery as I left the next day for a long business trip to London and Tokyo.  OUCH on breaking your foot in step class!  OMG that had to have HURT.  Man, your run sounds like it was awesome this morning!  35* is darn near perfect!  Yep, your face might hurt tomorrow with that windchill.  I’d recommend trying to avoid running into it if you can.  Otherwise, start out in to it and have it at your back on the return.  No doubt, you will figure it out and kill it!!

Diana – nice run and fun to meet a new runner!  Potential RB, maybe?

Diane – sorry for your day yesterday.  Re: your question about run/strength/run/strength.  Try it!  What can hurt?  We are all an experiment of one.  What works for one may not work for someone else.  You won’t know what works for you if you don’t give it a whirl!!

Karen – great race!  Sounds like you took a chance and then ran SUPER smart!  Frustrating if it was short!  And, wow, I didn’t realize it was such a long drive – holy cow.  No DOUBT you are tired!!  Congrats on the 3rd place as well!!  Oooh, your fancy new coffee machine will be lovely!!  Enjoy your lower mileage week – odds are it’ll still be higher than mine LOL

Tessa – nice job keeping up on the running when you’ve been so busy!!

8* with a feels like of -5*.  Nope.  Couldn’t do it.  Coulda in my younger years.  So, it’ll be a TURD.  Why do I live here?  I even splurged and am paying for parking so I don’t have to walk the mile to my car after work.  $10!!  Picked up my glasses this morning.  Progressives.  Sigh.  Another reminder of my old lady status.  And they are making me a bit woozy.  Supposedly it takes some time to get used to them – hopefully not much!

Not a purse gal here at all.  Just a little wristlet is all.  Plenty of room for cash, cards, lip goo and a tampon – what more do I need?  LOL

Work has been crazy and these tokens are going to be the death of me.  Two more days, two more days.  Peace out!!

dhuffman63

Trails

LOL Sandy I threw in the towel years ago...cut it off, let it go grey but refuse to get fat. I'm going to give the every other day run thing a try, like you said what can it hurt.  And if it does I can always back off.  No one is paying me to run so I'm the only one who decides what and when I do things...lol.  Course there's always FOMO.

Arimathea

Tessa

Back at work after a crazy weekend. Crazy here too.

Liz, really, feels like single digits? I am sorry for anyone who needs to work outside.

Diane, with you on not buying indulgences. And sorry the kitty is not doing too well.

Karen, hope the course was not short -- they do have results posted now, Susan.

Sandy, I cut my hair off a long time ago, and it is unashamedly gray. And yes I'm carrying some extra weight. Oh well.

Damaris, how many Chicagos do you have to do to get legacy status?

Cathy, your DH is nuts. Those polar bear plunges are not fun even in CA in an unheated body of water. I can't imagine running into Lake Michigan on New Year's Day!

Kat, thanks for the tips on cat food -- ours mostly get kibble and they have canned food but mostly they lick off the gravy and leave the chunky bits. But they are water drinkers, especially Gwen (bathroom sink is her preference) and Iota (loves the kitty fountain).

2 this morning. I am going to try to run at lunch. I ate an awful lot of cookies last night.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Morning all.

Lizzie, take care of that hammy.  Don't want to hurt it.  Good job on the stair master.

Sue, sorry about the boss.

Judy, 8 laps/mile?  I would go batty.

Diane, sorry about the car in addition to the kitty.

Damaris, I have some designer shoes - ALL bought on sale, wicked sale.  Nordstrom Rack can be a gold mine for them.  Sadly, most don't fit as I got fat. (If you wear a 10 we could strike a deal, lol!!  Wink )  CONGRATS on Chicago!!  Legacy here you come!

Cathy, taking a dip into Lake Michigan, in winter?  No surprise alcohol would be involved.

Sandy, I know the cans are super expensive, but the more he eats, the better.  A soupy can a day is good....  I am getting resigned to being fat, old, and grey...  Well, I am already halfway there.  Definitely fat, and bearing down on 50.  Grey I can still do something about.  Screw dating.  Honestly, I shudder at the thought of anyone seeing this naked fat bod.  I am content with my dogs and boxed wine....

Karen, SWEET on the espresso maker!!  You will love it.  I adore mine and it has easily paid for itself over the past 3 yrs.  $5-6 a pop at Sbx daily, doesn't take long.  And yes, I got THAT on sale too!

Tessa, my cat won't eat canned either, just the gravy.  Not all will, but it is good when they do.

Yes, I had these cramps once before, but not as intense as the other night.  No, I don't think it is ovulation, wrong timing - I thought of that.  Plus my ovaries are about shriveled up.  Smile  When have others hit menopause?

I am guilty of nice purses.  I just got a Kate Spade, ON SALE of course!  (50% off)  Super cute.  Give me a sale and I am all over it.  HATE paying full price unless sales are rare - Garmins, some running clothes (Inknburn/Sparkle Skirts.)

Oh yeah, and I got a short run in this morning.  Slightly chilly.  This is a running forum, yes??  I still am a bit tight, but in a weird spot - just above my knees on the back side.  Not my upper hammies which normally bug me.  I assume it is just from the mud slog.  Need to go out Saturday and run as far as this fat old purple headed bod can go.  I am in serious trouble for January's Piney no Whiney...  I probably can slog it out, but they have a soft cutoff of 7.5 hours. It is a non-technical trail by the sounds of it, so there is a bit of hope for not being hideously over IF I can go that far.  Poor Karen and Lisa having to wait for me...  I will bring Lisa beer and Karen something to her liking to make them happy as they wait.

OK, need to get ready for work, have to leave early to pick up things from one clinic to take back to another.  Then, after work I have to stop by the first clinic again to put stuff away.  Not my job really, but no-one else seems to be responsible enough to do it.  Don't feel like wasting thousands in vaccines if they sit out too long...  At least it is on my way.

Have a nice day all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

dhuffman63

Trails

Tessa I look at any extra fat as fuel for the long runs.

Kat, Piney no Whiney cracks me up every time I see it.

Anonymous Guest

It's official - the marathon course was 0.295 miles short. The RD made a mistake and gave the wrong instructions on where to put the turnaround (the half was fine). Susan, I guess that's a big part of why you saw all the pacers coming in early! So now I"m thinking about running the Stennis one next Thanksgiving weekend for Mississippi. It's about an hour or so closer to home. And I'll try to get all of my whining out on my second BQ of the year being no good (I got one in Iowa but by less than a minute, so it won't be enough to actually get in) before running Piney no Whiney.

Back in a bit (unless I end up napping or get otherwise distracted) - I just looked at the clock and I want to get something in the crockpot for dinner. It's later than I thought, considering all I've done today is go to the grocery store.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel