Womens Running

Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay its FRIDAY! (DAILIES) (Read 15 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Friday, where have you BEEN?!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

10.2 for me.

Ugh, not a very good one for me. I was aiming for around 16 but didn't get up when my alarm went off at 3:45. Thought about doing 13-14 but my body was just not up to the heat today. It was around 71 degree's with the dewpoint at 70. Not as bad as it has been honestly, but I was struggling out there today. Oh well. What can you do? This heat makes me want to quit this sport.

Hoping to get lunch with my brother! Having dinner with my MOH tonight..might just cook for us here at home.

Run4kupcakes – WAIT. Did you just say there is such a thing called ice cream cupcakes?!

Judy – I would hope you would be able to choose where you will be! Aw, sweet of you to go golfing with DC! 😊

Tessa – We have missed you! Your trip to Montreal sounds fun! Laughing about the “mountain”. 😊

Margaret – Maybe I need to read Handmaids Tale..the show is awesome. Nice job on your run yesterday! I thought you were just going out for a few miles 😉 Have a great time this weekend!

Happy Friday!

Slept in. I needed it. WFH today.  DH had to go in to the office.  We are keeping DS2's two labradorks, and I was worried that would be too much for Dad to deal with. They are good in the house, but they are trip hazards!! Big goofballs.

Hi Tessa! Wondering where you've been. Sounds like a fun weekend.

Back to work!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Lizzie,  yep. Cold Stone sells them in a 6 pack.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, still up at 3:45 hour, yikes.  I see that hour only when I get up off the couch to go to bed.  (Ive gotten into a bad habit of falling asleep on the couch...  Feel like my Dad.)  Hope you make lunch and have fun tonight with your MOH.

Sue, enjoy your WFH day with the beasts!!!

HCK, haven't been to Cold Stone in forever.

Hi Tessa, nice to have you check in, miss ya!

Margaret, you are seriously tempting me to come...  I put it on my "FUN" calendar to consider next year.  One of our Rockhoppers is running and hoping for sub 24.

Up earlier than I would prefer, but work beckons.  Blech.

CE last night was AWFUL.  Well, at least the food.  I had been to the restaurant once and was unimpressed, worse the second time.  Talk was OK.  Learned one helpful thing.

Off to shower and get my bootie moving.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Friyay!  Though I am on call this weekend, so not much of a weekend planned.  Rest day today, I was going to do some lower body strength but my legs are tired so maybe I will just rest them!  At least the next week is an easier week in the plan.    We had some bad storms go through last night, up to 70 mph winds.  Lots of tree damage.  It was storming again this morning.  My running trail will be flooded!  This is the last weekend for the work step challenge.  I'm holding on to fifth place and first woman.  I also hit a million steps, which was my only goal.  There was some drama when the 4th place guy stopped syncing for 5 days.  That's allowed in the rules, but could be considered poor sportsmanship.    Mr. Math is holding onto 3rd.

Liz, that was awesome that you still got over 10 in!  Sometimes your body just needs a break.  And you haven't officially started training yet!  I am getting ready for some complaining when I take DD for her run tomorrow morning.    I hope you have a nice relaxing weekend!  DD got a cotton candy blizzard.  It was way too sweet for me!  

Kat, I hope work isn't too bad!  Glad you survived the CE.    Hope the shopping was fun!  I have a coupon for Dick's too.  I just said that for Liz's benefit.  

Margaret, nice miles yesterday!  Have fun at your aid station.    Sounds like it will be an interesting race!

Tessa, the convention sounds like it was fun!

Kupcakes, ice cream cupcakes?  That sounds intriguing!  I may have to check those out...

Damaris, welcome home!

Sandy, I just got The Night Before by Wendy Walker.  I should be starting I Invited Her In today.  Took note of your books!  I may try to go to the library and get some chick flicks to watch with the girls this weekend.  Yes, it will be steamy this weekend.    88 with a feels like 95 tomorrow!  I will hide indoors.    I have two sweaters at work!  Oddly, there are areas on our floor at work where it is warm.  But it is always cold where I am.  The guy two cubes away complains that it's humid and has a fan on.  Mr. Math thinks I'm crazy, but he wears short sleeve shirts year round.  

Happy weekend!

Cathy

LC Runs

5.4 this morning...had to wait out some T storms this morning.  I waited for most of the rain to finish but actually, the run would have been better with a bit of rain...pea soup out there (I get you Lizzie LOL)!

Errands today, including coloring my hair. Going to an Open House tonight so that takes care of dinner woot woot.  Taking my youngest son since the graduate's brother is his good friend.

Lizzie - enjoy your lunch and dinner with friends/family!!  You amaze me so much with the time you wake up in the morning, I woke up at 6 and then promptly fell back asleep until 6:45.  I have gotten up that early occasionally for a race but it is a struggle!!  I am on season 3 of the Handmaid's Tale, I think now it's not based on the book since they've kept the story going but it is such a compelling and scary show.  I want to read the book, too!

Sue - Labradorks ha ha, I just snorted out my water!!

Hi Half K!

Kat - ugh, disappointing about the CE.  My license started over in April so I have to get some credits, my job does not help with that much, which is frustrating.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  Took today off so I woke up later than normal and went to Pilates with hubby.  I have 7 with a 5K time trial tonight.  On the TM, of course.

Liz, some days are like that.  10 is better than zero.

Susan, glad you were able to sleep in.

HCK, yum at Coldstone.

Kat, hope you got moving. Smile  Ugh at the CE.

Cathy, enjoy the rest and I hope there are not many calls to take this weekend.

Laura, nice run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

We're home! Van is mostly unloaded, laundry is going. Picking up the dogs around 4. I have taken a shower and washed my hair and shaved my legs - woohoo!

Awesome, awesome trip. We went a little over 2,500 miles and had so much fun and saw so many neat things. I am just happy.

I haven't run since Sunday. Meeting up with a few people tomorrow morning, hope I remember how to do it. This is probably the longest I've gone without a run except for times I've been injured.

This is probably the longest I've gone without ice cream too. Need to make a trip to the grocery store.

Will try to catch up later,

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Susan – Have a good weekend! Sleeping in sounds nice!

Run4kupcakes – Next time I go by a Coldstone, I will be trying these cupcakes.

Kathryn – Hope your work day wasn’t too bad. Bummer about the dinner last night. I always get mad when I eat something that is not so great – like a waste of calories 😉

Cathy – Hope you enjoyed your rest day today. Bummer about being on call ☹ Those lighting strikes were crazy! A million steps?! WOW. Go you!! I hope you win – and I consider “first women” a win 😊 Whew, cotton candy blizzard would be too sweet for me, too! I am all about those Reese’s blizzards or the Oreo. MMMMM. Our temperatures will be similar this weekend. We will be 98 tomorrow. Where is Fall? 😉 I keep telling myself I haven’t officially started training yet!

My MOH is on her way over! I am going to go pour some WINE! Smile

Have a good evening everyone!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Laura – Nice run this morning! Everyone is having those thunderstorms. Have fun tonight! YES! So, Handmaids Tale was very hard for HCF and I to watch at first. After the first episode we didn’t plan on watching again. HCF was really disturbed by it – but we heard so many good things we kept watching. Now we love it. Its so crazy!! Makes you second guess everything.

Docket – Good luck on the run tonight. YAY for no work! Are you doing anything fun this weekend?

Karen – I am so glad you had such a great time!! Are you and DH still friends? LOL. Your pictures were great! You are going to have THE. BEST. Run tomorrow 😊 I wish I could get myself to take that much time off. I am sure your body loved the rest. Go get yourself some Blue Bell!!!

LC Runs

Damaris - Yeah for sleeping in and having a day off!!

Karen - sounds like such a fun trip, glad you enjoyed it and it's the first of many!!

Lizzie - get the Wine, Girl!!

LC Runs

Cathy - yikes, I didn't mean to skip you!  Those storms sound scary, they were talking similar weather here, but it didn't end up being more than rain and thunder.  Wow, a million steps, that is amazing!!!  I really need to step up my reading, I should get to the library, as well.

Anonymous Guest

Aaaaahhh. Finishing up the laundry, dogs are home and I will get groceries tomorrow. We ordered pizza tonight. It's good to be home.

But, I didn't get nearly as much reading done as I thought I would, and I got a bunch more books from the library over the days we were gone. My kindle was not connected to the internet, so when the book I was reading was due back, I was still able to finish it. But I've still got the other three to read and they are due back in the next couple days, plus now I have the seven, yes SEVEN books that all got checked out to me over the last week and a half. So I downloaded all the books to my kindle, then put it in airplane mode so I could keep reading them if they expire. I don't have any more coming for several weeks it looks like (although that's what I thought heading into vacation), so maybe I can get through most of these! I finished The Lost Girls of Paris (good but not great) and am now reading Girls with Sharp Sticks. Ten more books after that.......I've got some reading to do!

Anonymous Guest

Picture DH just shared, from the end of the trip: