Womens Running

Freezing Friday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. We are in the dead of winter.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thursday I did an errand and then worked out 25 minutes with the cardio DVD. There was a snowstorm so I got home as quickly as I could. Hopefully the roads will be better today. There was lots of blowing snow last night.

Today will be a longer cardio workout. I hope to get to the track this weekend. Next week we are to have dreadfully cold temperatures.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Freezing for sure!!!  Below zero temps here....brrrrrr.

Judy - We are in the dead of winter....at least it is finally January!

LisaMMR - Have you done the Trail Half Marathon in Pinkiney (sp?)...looking at the one in April, I think it is put on by RF.

DH has stress test today so will be doing that 3-4 hours this afternoon....will take reading material.  I am reading up on Hansen's training plan, looks interesting.  Will do an alternate work out today...T25 and some ellepitcal.

Stay warm!

Carol

LC Runs

Baaaaby, it's cold outside

3.5 TM for me - it's supposed to be around 30 degrees tomorrow so I really hope to be outside for my run.

I have signed up for the Charlevoix Full Marathon in June, my first full in 3.5 years.  My friend is running it with me.  They had a 50% discount yesterday and couldn't pass it up - ended up being $40.00.

Judy - my BF is driving down to Ohio Sunday for a week of work training, he's thinking another storm is coming and he'll have to drive down in it.  Ugh.  I wouldn't mind snow so much if it didn't make driving so awful.

Carol - I know, cold is right!  Good luck with DH stress test.

Anonymous Guest

Cold and snowy here too! Looks like we got about 4", which is quite a bit for us. Worse is the temp - high of 20 predicted. Nothing like you Michigan ladies, but colder than we ever see. I threw a bunch of work in my bag at the end of the day yesterday....and forgot my computer. This is making working from home difficult.

Snow started as I was leaving work yesterday. I was tired, so I decided to take a rest day. First day I haven't run or ridden my bike in a long time. I think I needed it. Today will probably be some time on the TM.

Laura, yay for signing up! Wow, $40 is cheap for a marathon. That would be hard to resist.

Carol, I used Hanson's for my spring marathon last year. I really like it. I need to figure out a plan for Boston. It will be a 12 week plan, because I have not started yet, running Disney next weekend, and I think we're 15 weeks out.

Morning Judy, and everyone yet to post!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 miles tonight.  Feeling a bit under the weather but OK.

judyruns, stay warm and safe!

Carol, good luck with hubby's stress test.

LC Runs, good luck with the marathon!

Karen, yes the computer might be an issue, LOL.  Hope you can work from home and not have to go to the office.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Damaris, then that raises another question. How do you force feed a cat -- and do you have any skin left or are you wearing protective gear? Stuffing Ed into the cat carrier to go to the vet requires fencing gloves, trimming her claws is usually a two person job. I can't imagine force feeding a protesting feline. And even if I did manage to get the food down them, as any cat owner knows you can shove something so far down the cat's throat that you would think it was a suppository and the cat will glare at you and hoick the pill or whatever it was back up on the rug.

Carol, the marathon just snuck up on you and forced you to enter, huh? I'm surprised Bayshore was still open. When did registration start? Sorry for you, waiting in the waiting room for hours is no fun. Last time DH was in for hours I found myself a sunny hallway with a bench and settled down with my quilting.

Judy, please stay warm. I hope you have groceries. That is killing cold. I've been meaning to ask, how is DH?

Laura, hope your BF drives safely. That weather looks bad. Yay for the possibility of running outside!

Karen, if I forgot my computer, I wouldn't be able to work beyond answering emails on the Blackberry. Can you sign on with your iPad? Rest day sounds like a good idea.

4 this morning with RN. I was online on the bus this morning but the wifi crapped out halfway in. Lots to do!

Went to gym this morning and was shown how to properly use the machines for arms, chest and back.  Need to get back for the legs and abs (they have set times for showing them).  Then ran 3.1 on treadmill.  At -2 on car dashboard I wasn't going outside.  Balmy 12 for a high (the further north ladies have it much colder) by Tuesday back down to -2 for a high temp. yes, a high temp. Sun is shining brightly though! 30 tomorrow so will try to get outside for a run.

Judy-watch out for the ice though.

Carol-yes, I've done The Trail: 5 mile, half and 50k (not on same years). Last year was first time in awhile that I didn't run anything at it.  It's on the Potawatomi (Poto) trail and is a classic.  So old that it's official name is The Trail. Many do the double with the half on Saturday and the full or 50k on Sunday.  I may do the half.

Laura-Charlevoix does look like a pretty race.

Karen-bad girl leaving your laptop.  or good girl.  We got 8" in 30 hours. More coming our way.

Damaris-hope you feel better soon.

Tessa-different marathon than Bayshore.. that one sold out in minutes I'm sure.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1 miles. Hip was good.

Very cold for us here.  Not like everyone else has but it was 32 when I ran

Stay warm Carol, Judy and Laura and Lisa.

Karen boo to forgetting the computer.

Damaris good luck with the 6.

Hi Tessa and Lisa

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Lisa - I am thinking of doing the half,  Jenny (RB - that did DFP) wants to come do it as well!   Would be so fun if you did it!   Can you believe it is THE Bayshore marathon...there were 200 spaces open on NYD.

Tessa - Yep, darn Marathon site....ya really have to watch 'em....next thing you are getting a confirmation email and you are in!  We only were there for 3 1/2 hours....can't imagine having to be there so many hours like you have been.

LCruns - Excited for you for Charlevoix!!!  My week-end RB is signed up for it as well....couldn't beat that price.  I had just plunked down my $95 for Bayshore, then I saw that on FB.

Karen - Did you use the Advanced Hansens?  Pro/Con?  Are you doing a half or full at Disney?

Damarias - Hope you feel better for your run tonight!

Marjorie - 32, that is pretty cold for you!

Did elliptical/and stretches etc., this am...then sat most of the afternoon while DH had stress test.  If there ever was a time to NOT be able to run, this is it.  Wind chill below zero/snowy/ice covered roads....I think I will at least take 1 full week off from runing, then willl see how it feels.

Carol

Anonymous Guest

I actually got quite a bit of work done today. I was able to get some files I needed that were sent to me as attachments, and was able to use that to create the new documents I needed to make on the home computer. Plus emails and phone calls and some stuff on the website. And a little goofing off.

Carol, I meant to tell you the other day how proud I was of you...."the next thing I knew I was signed up".... I still remember after Detroit saying you never had to run one of those stupid marathons again. Then there was another one last fall, and now this.

I did use Hanson's Advanced. I really liked it. I liked that I knew if it was Wednesday, it was a rest day, if it was Thursday, it was a tempo run, etc. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard but it was. Full disclosure: I did crash pretty hard at mile 20 of that marathon, but I don't think it had anything to do with the long runs topping out at 16 miles, I think it was a) a stretch goal for where I was at, and b) I went out way too fast trying to keep up with the pacer.

Next storm coming through will hopefully be only rain for us. And then it will be time for me to go to Florida!!!! I'm doing Goofy, so running the half with my sister and her daughter, and then the full the next day by myself.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Bikerchick1

Karen - Goofy Challenge....wow....good for you!!!  I guess I'm a good example of never, say never Smile  Thanks for being proud, you are a major role model 

Carol

Docket_Rocket

Did 6 recovery miles but my foot from when I twisted it yesterday hurt a bit all the way to the ITB.

Tessa, LOL.  Actually, Daisy is easy to feed so long as she does not escape.  I put her on a chair, use a small syringe and put 5-6ccs at a time in her.  She tries to escape after the third syringe but remember they are still weak so they don't have enough power to win over me, muhahahaa.  Great run!

Lisa, nice gym workout.

Marjorie, nice back to back to back 10 milers.

Carol, hope the stress test results went well.

Karen, I am still debating which plan to use for Space Coast (I would use my coach but since this year will be a wash, I don't want him to waste his time on me this year). How did you like Hanson's Advanced?  I know my husband would love for me not to do more than 16 mile LR.  Hope to see you next week.  I am only doing the full so maybe meet before the start?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

SugarLand

Good day everyone hope you are having a fantastic day

it was cold again this morning during my recovery run of 8 miles my legs were so heavy thought I would never finish.

i guess I will take down the Christmas trees today boy didn't the holidays just fly by - it will start raining ☔️today then Sunday a front will come through will be 28 degrees Monday morning brr ⛄️

Everyone be safe with all bad weather predicted

BBL