Womens Running

Trancelike Thursday - Supermoms (Read 23 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

I am BRAIN DEAD.  Can't seem to get enough sleep to feel even mildly alert these days...

RR - 5x1000 on the track, 10K total.

RR#2 - DH consented to running the 8K at Richmond and registered last night, yay!

TR - came home from getting a pedicure, and B said, "lookit mommy's pink toes, oooh!"

FR - CA's crockpot turkey meatloaf, broccoli, stuffing out of a box. DH LOVED the massaged kale salad! probably because I put bacon on it.

NRR - this morning's outing will be to Big Lots - one just opened in my town, I have never been and heard that good nail polish can be had there sometimes.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

RR - 7ish on the trail.  Thinking of driving to where I will be doing my trail race in a few weeks.

NRR - working nights

FR - couldn't stop eating yesterday - it was CRAZY!  Going to work will be good b/c I can only eat what I pack.

KR - DS lost his first tooth yesterday.  He was pretty excited!

Zorbs - what is Big Lots?  Sounds like a tough workout for a day when you are feeling brain dead tired - I hope it goes well.  Yay, anything w. bacon goes well here too!

CTimesTwo

morning,

ER - ST and core..

TR - definitely had (or is having) a growth spurt.. the PJ's she wore a couple weeks ago are now clearly too small... she's still eating up almost everything that's put in front of her too... some of you may have seen my pity party post on FB... well, tonight I'm solo parenting because DH has meet the teacher night... hoping C will be in a good mood for me..

NRR - the coworker that yelled at me in a meeting a few weeks ago was super crabby towards me yesterday when I didn't do something she asked me to do.. I didn't do it b/c i'm not supposed to do that type of work and after I explained it to her, she got huffy and said, Well you used to do it when you were on the other team... and I responded with, I'm not on that team anymore!  duh... i'm not about to do something just b/c she wants me to and get in trouble with the other team...

zorbs - so DH is running the 8km and you're running the half in Richmond?  We don't have a Big Lots here, at least not that I know of... is it anything like Giant Tiger?

eh - i was weirdly hungry last night and already in bed and DH got me a snack b/c he could hear my stomach rumbling.. ha..

Erniegirl

RR - 8k, definitely without the stroller!

TR - Sensory class was quite entertaining yesterday. There was a station with different shapes of uncooked pasta to play with a. S kept eating huge handfuls of uncooked orzo, saying "mmmm!" and running away when I tried to stop her. She also rubbed her entire face in a pile of cornstarch and then started yelling "BOO!"

FR - Rainbow trout, sweet potatoes and the bagged kale salad Zorbs has posted about before, which I was excited to find at the grocery store yesterday.

NRR - Meeting a few friends at the pub for a drink tonight. I have a 14-year-old girl coming to babysit S. I won't be out too long, so hopefully S does not cry the entire time and scare her off from ever babysitting for me again.

~~~~~

zorbs - Any chance you'll get to sleep in soon? Yay for DH registering for Richmond! Is he going to go for physio, too? Every time I make stuffing from scratch I am disappointed with it and say that I should have just made it from a box.

eh - You have marathon training hunger! What trail race are you doing? Fun that DS lost his first tooth!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - 8k easy on the tm this morning when O naps. I'm excited, I have survivor to watch! I've watched way too much Diego while tm running lately.

TR - slept over at gmas last night. Coming home mid morning.

BR - teething! Poor kid was so fussy last night. She slept through though, dh had dosed her with Advil

fR - I had leftovers on my schedule but there aren't many. Something to do with dh and I both marathon training ?  Speaking of which, I'm hungry!!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

eh - yup, you definitely have the marathon hungries! You are doing the Toad, right?  I think Emma is doing the relay with a bunch of DM peeps.

eh/cx2 - I think Big Lots is more like Costco (without the membership) or XS Cargo.

cx2 - yup, I'm running the half and DH is doing 8K.

ernie - at least the bagged kale salad is shredded fine enough that you don't have to massage it.  Let me know what you think of the dressing, I think it is too sweet. If you are in need of a sitter, I hear C is good at it. I should get to sleep in on Saturday.  DH tried to get in for physio this week but he (both physio and DH) are pretty busy, DH is away on business next week so he said when he gets back.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

running eh

cx2 - hope you have a good night w. C tonight.  Grr on the coworker - hopefully she has it figured out now.  Nice on DH bringing you a snack!!

ernie - hilarious about DD and the sensory centre.  Is she familiar w. ghosts that she said boo when covered in cornstarch?  She sure is a firecracker!  What are you doing w. the sweet potatoes?  Hope everything works w. the sitter!   Run for the Toad 25k.

CA - I hear you on being hungry and when I am at home I have NO self control.  I am on the computer right now to try and avoid eating Smile

zorbs - yes, the Toad.  I will have to keep my eyes open for Emma!  I think the relay would be fun, but I would hate to be the last runner!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

we've had 3 pees and 1 standing poop in the potty so far this morning!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - Hope the meatloaf turns out for you! I don't know if we have any Big Lots here, I'll have to check.

r-eh - I'm right there with you on the eating... only I'm not really trying to stop myself... as long as it's reasonably healthy that is. After all we are burning a lot of calories w/ the high mileage.

cx2 - I hope C is good for you tonight!! What's up w/ your coworker?! Annoying.

ernie - yay for a stroller free run!! LOL on your TR! YUM to your FR!! We really like that bagged kale salad, they have it at costco.

zorbs - GO B!!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Skipped last night and got up early to go this morning. Did 5 miles- it was in the low 40's and it felt heavenly. I would have been flying if I wasn't pushing the stroller, but even with it, I was rolling at 10:40 pace. I am a way better runner in the cold. This makes me want to actually do some races. Most people just try to maintain in winter, but I do well running in low low temps and could really build my base.

TR: Feeling all better, and has a raging appetite. DH is going stir crazy staying at home with him because he can't do anything that he wants to get done- ie the gym and mow the lawn muahaha. I was nice and got my friend to agree to watch R so he could go to the gym today, plus R will be happier if he gets to play with kids today.

FR: Last night was glazed porkchops and roasted potatoes, tonight.. I might do smothered chops with the remaining porkchops and serve over rice.

NRR: I don't want to go to that work  BBQ on Saturday but I don't really have an excuse not to go. Plus I already bought a buttload of beans to make a big pot of baked beans.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

nolamama

CQTM

Morning Ladies,

ER: It's been 6 weeks and I'm not quite ready to start running again, so I'm going to do the elliptical today and some core.

TR: Constipated and teething, quite the combo I must say!  I fed her a bunch of watermelon last night to try and get things moving. Hopefully things move at daycare.  Smile

FR: Pizza night

NRR: Heading out of town again this weekend to the beach. Should be fun. Can't wait to see how A reacts to the water again.

superspike113

Honorary Old

TR2- Somehow R picked up calling underwear panties instead of underwear and DH is horrified LOL. Miss jody and I call them Big Boy Underwear so I don't know where he got panties?

zorbs- I'll have to try the massaged kale and see if DH likes it. I made him a salad with some romaine that was a little past its prime this weekend and he threw it away because he said the romaine was too bitter. Glad your DH put on his big girl panties and registered. We have a Big Lots in the next town, but I've only been in there twice (they have tons of cheap toy cars FYI), but I haven't looked at the whole store. Yay for today's potty success!

eh- I hate those hungry days. They always seem to fall on days that I didn't work out too.

cx2- I hope C is nicer for you tonight.

Ernie- R has done well with teenage babysitters so far. YOu are going to have your hands full with S, she's such a free spirit!

CA- I've been trying to cook so there aren't so many leftovers because I'm the only one that eats them. Unless I make spaghetti, then I make a big batch because R and Dh both like spaghetti a lot. I bought that bagged baby kale at Costco- good for salads, NOT good for cooking. It gets slimy in soup because the leaves aren't hardy enough to stand up to the cooking like full grown kale.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

nola- are you having pain from your SFX still? Were you able to maintain some cardio fitness on the bike/elliptical?

nolamama

CQTM

zorbs - glad DH loved the salad (of course bacon made it better!).

eh - how old is DS?

cx2 - you ready for your half this weekend? What is your goal time?

Ernie - where did you find the sitter? I remember babysitting kids really little when I was 13 or 14 but I haven't even thought about finding a sitter like that for A. I'm sure she'll be fine and not cry. A loves other "kids", even older ones. She can tell the difference between a 17 year old and a 30 year old, lol.

CA - watching Diego does not sound like fun on a TM!

spike - glad your run went well this morning. It was 76 when I was driving to work and I was thinking how nice it would be to run outside. It was sprinkling, too, which would be so nice to run in. I run much better in the winter here, too.

nolamama

CQTM

spike - not pain, per se, but I just don't feel ready for impact, yet. No, I didn't really maintain any cardio fitness. I wasn't supposed to elliptical and the bike bores the crap out of me. I've just been doing some core and ST and watching my diet.  The whole not running was just really making me depressed and I'm trying to snap out of it. I think I'm going to focus on the elliptical until October 1st and then start easing back into running.