Womens Running

Time to Run Tuesday Supermoms (Read 31 times)

CTimesTwo

ernie - yep, what Zorbs said about soup is correct... my parents always have some sort of soup ready at their house.  DH won't eat any soup except Pea Soup.  I really like soup so I only eat it when i'm on my own for meals.

mer - i'm beginning to think TR's melt down at whatever they feel like... hope you're feeling better (emotionally) today...

jen - you got bit by a dog on a run?  That's scary... where was the owner?  Was it a stray?

dexy -  some days i feel like running loops, some days I hate doubling back... today i was zoned out and didn't want to have to think about places to run, so just kept going up and down the same stretch of road...

stroller - wow that's a long day.. and snow too?!

mrsz - ahhh i can't wait to wear shorts regularly on runs again... i wear $5 old navy shorts I bought 4 or 5 years ago... i think all my running gear is cheap stuff (except my shoes)...

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - run swap with RP.  I'm keeping my runs easy this week, 5-6k today.

TR - has woken with a dry pullup 95% of the time for the last few weeks... when do we retire the pullup?  I am avoiding it bc I don't want to change sheets in the night.

BR - called for her vaccine appt and they had a cancellation tonight so we're going tonight.  I'm curious of her stats!  I don't think she's risen much on height but she sure does have a big buddha belly.

FR - roast beef leftovers, I'll roast some potatoes to eat with it.  I'm glad to have my oven working again.

No time for everyone now,  Jen - re the Ergo.  It is absolutely worth the money, I love mine.  I wouldn't bother with the infant insert.  O was in it without anything from birth, I just frogged her legs under her and put them on the bottom of the carrier, or you can use a towel as a sub infant insert.  I'd try the models on first.  RP bought a used one that is a sport one or something and they've made the waste belt longer to accommodate fat people, and she can hardly cinch it up tight enough for her.  Mine is super old, and my SIL bought it off ebay or something, so I have no idea what model it is.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runninmer

rg - I saw R's pic on FB!  Can't believe he is 20 months.  These boys are growing up way too fast!

zorbs - I am amazed at how much J LOVES being outside.  I am not much of an outside person, but DH is.  I then feel guilty.  LIke  I should be out there too.  I think when it is warmer, I will be more likely to spend time out there.   Retire those shoes...quickly!  DH tells me that J is better for him when it is just the two of them.  Makes me feel crappy a lot.

eh! - Yay for a trip!  That sounds like a lot of fun.  Hopefully you can get out of that funk soon!

cx2 -  I hope you can sneak out of dinner early.  Now that you are done BFing, I would have a few drinks before you go to ease things.  (Unless it gives you a loose tongue!)  I read somewhere yesterday that toddlers freak out at any emotion.  We are definitely seeing that in our house.  However, when I hear people say that 3 is worse than two, it makes me really really scared for what we are in for.

ernie - Bummer about the jeans.  I hope you can find a good replacement!

stroller - That was runninmere that guessed girl.  FIL thinks its a boy, my dad hopes its a girl, DH and I don't have a feeling either way.  I hope you have time for a good run today!

jen - Glad you had great weather for your run yesterday!  Bummer about conferences being so slow.  I feel like they are kind of a waste of teachers time now that grades are all online and it is so late in the year.

mrszm - It was nice last night.  Probably a little cooler where I am than you.  I would like to get J in daycare.  We have one possibllity that I called a while ago and they never called back.  I will wait until May probably to try again.  After hearing jen's J talk, I feel like J is behind in his speech...I guess we will find out more tomorrow.

dexy - I hope you can get those miles in!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy (from yesterday) its the pinning and laying out that takes the longest. The actual sewing probably took 30 minutes. But yeah, maybe 2 hours tops with all the lining stuff up, pinning, turning, etc.

________

RR: Yesterday was a SRD, 4ish probably today.

TR: WOULD NOT SLEEP. Took him to the Dr. as a follow up on his ER trip and to get a couple immunizations that were due, and he was screamy and bratty the rest of the night until I gave him juice spiked with melatonin.  He started waking up (or at least shrieking) every 15 minutes around 10, and was awake from 11-2 straight. I shamefully admit that I got fed up and gave him a very small (like a third of the recommended) dose of benadryl. He woke at 5 and has been a whiny, meltdowny crier since. I told babysitter it would behoove her to try to get him to go back to sleep before other kids show up- I wish her much luck today.

FR: Bison ragu on cheesy polenta with a green salad. Need to go to the store.

NRR: I also went to the Dr and requested a different birth control. He put me on a super strong one back at the end of Nov to get my cysts under control, and I have zero libido now. Like, I could happily be a nun right now. Anyways, he's going to switch me to NuvaRing and he put in a request to schedule a follow up ultrasound to see if my cysts cleared up (was supposed to do it in Feb, but no one ever called me).  I'm also getting a stronger steroid cream for R's eczema- doctor says the areas he has flareups suggests contact allergies, and not food. The hard part is trying to figure out what he's allergic to- probably the dog or grass or something else I can't control.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

CA- so awesome that you get to do the run swaps with RP! i love that idea. hope O's appt goes well later on today. not sure about the pull-ups, we're thinking about starting PT soon with R, eek!

Cx2- probably a good idea to take 2 cars, ugh sounds like a not fun time. lol on running back and forth on teh same road. i avoid out and back runs as much as possible, actually i had picked out a spring marathon, then looked at the course and realized it was a DOUBLE out and back on the same road and said no way!

ernie- enjoy your recovery run. i need new jeans too, but am going to have to try some new ones on. i used to buy all my jeans at ON, but they started making every pair w/ stretch material (even the bootcut styles) and once i wash them one time, they're dorky short. i'm cheap though, and don't want to spend a lot of $$ on jeans. haha on S chowing o the pineapple. i ate that stuff by the pound when i was preggo, it was my one craving.

stroller- oooh, what kind of surgery are you observing? i got to see a couple of cardiac bypass surgeries when i was in grad school- so awesome to see the heart beating in the chest!! aw, i'd be sad at H crying too! hope you have a great run later. thanks, your training has been grea too, i'm sure you're going to rock your marathon!

Jen- yay for J STTN for you. mmm, coffee- can't start my day without it! bummer on only a few parents for the conferences. yuck on the pouring rain, no fun! glad it's not snow however! lol on not being stinky yesterday. i have the ergo and love it!!! i didn't buy the infant insert for R, but if/when we have another one i probably will!

Mer; aw, hugs mama!!! i hope your day is much much better today. i love iced coffee!!! when i was preggo w/ R in the summer I'd get an iced coffee after I ran before heading to work in the morning. i bet your presentations will go well!!

mrszm- glad the new shorts are working out! i've yet to try anything from lulu...kinda scared that i'll get addicted! that's so cute about C saying shhh! R loves our dog too- he'll go get her toys and throw them for her, and he's always telling me it's time to take the dog outside to play. not sure if we'll go out, since the aunts will only be around 1 night.

Dexy- lol on the sktechy neuter mobile, that's hilarious!!! i'm sure it will go just fine. hope your day is fast and you can get a great run in too!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

runnergirl- have a nice visit with DH's aunts. I have a hard time visiting with older relatives, they only ever talk about people I don't know. R is such a good boy for you Smile

zorbs- funny how something like shoes can affect you so much, huh?  Reid has refused to poop on the potty going on 4 or 5 days now, blech.

runningeh- are you guys taking all the kids?

cx2- good call on the separate cars. I would probably say that Carli is "sick" and not go.

Ernie- have fun jeans shopping. I finally bought two new pairs because my old ones were disintegrating

strollermama- are you just observing surgery? I didn't know if  PAC's can do surgery? I'm looking for a HM training plan for SeaWheeze right now.

Jen- are your conferences set up as a free-for-all kind of thing, or do you schedule appointments (meaning you had lots of no-shows)? I have an Ergo and really like it, but my sister's daughter only wanted to face out, so she recently bought the Beco Gemini (which allows facing in and out) and loves it. I just bought a Boba carrier for my friend, since that's what she registered for- I guess it depends on what features you want. I'm sure Bermy is the person to ask about this.

mer- sorry you and J had a rough day. R is way overtired today and therefore emotional, I on the other hand, just have PMS.

mzm- It appears to me that sweaty bands are made with ribbon, not elastic. Grosgrain or some other patterned ribbon on the outside and velvet ribbon on the inside, the only thing that is stretchy is the elastic at the back.

Dexy- LOL at your back alley spay operation!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- I saw an awesome tip where they say to layer a sheet, waterproof layer, sheet, waterproof layer- that way if they have an accident at night, you can just pull off the top set of sheets and waterproof layer and the bed is already made underneath.  Hope you have better luck with vaccinations than I did yesterday.

Jen- Reid was tiny (5 lb 10 oz) so I used the infant insert until he was about 4 mos.

Marathonjen

Mer – Hope you can get a run in and the weather holds out.  Too crappy here…boo.  Sorry that you and J were both a little emotional yesterday.  I am sorry you feel inadequate and unappreciated…I feel like that in ways too…from the financial contribution side.  DH feels like that from the parenting side.  But we are a team and we have to remember that what we lack in one area we make up for in another and that’s ok!

Mrszm – Yay for running in and loving your shorts!  Too cute about C saying shhh.  Awesome on the sweaty bands.  I ordered 3 in April when Becky posted about them…love them all!  Do you make your own Stromboli?  Do you have a recipe?  DH loves the stuff but I have never tried to make it.

Zorbs – DH wears the baby bjorn so I think he would like the ergo too.  I bought a Moby and am not a fan so I don’t want to buy this if I won’t use it.  I am thinking with 2 kids it will be necessary though.

Mrszm – Heck no she didn’t buy him anything.  She had $30 in Kohl’s cash to spend so she made him hang out in the cart while she tried on a bunch of shoes…lol.  Thanks for the offer of the Ergo…I guess I want to buy it with the good Target deal you told me about if it is worth it.  I am thinking it will be.

Dexy – Hope you get a run in today.  Ohhh…poor dog.  I am sure she will be fine but that is kind of hard to think about.  When do you pick her up?

CTimes – 2 little girls were walking 2 little white dogs…both on leashes.  Both were barking and the girls let the dog pull them up to me and they were barking as I ran by and one pulled a way from the little girl and bit me in the leg.  Then the 2 little girls take the dogs and go running in the house because they were scared.  The neighbor lady saw it all happen and said the dogs had all their shots, etc. She offered me a band-aid but the dog owners never came outside…so rude.  I half thought about calling the cops but didn’t.  I had to go to the doctor the next day to get a tetnus shot and have it checked.  Then the doctor’s office was going to report it.

CTimes – Enjoy your run swap…such a great idea.  I hope O’s appt goes well.  Too funny we always say J is little but has a Buddha belly!  Thanks for the Ergo advice.  I think I will go try some out just to make sure I know what I am doing.

Spike – Ugh to R being up so much last night.  Do you think it was a side effect from the immunizations?  Glad you are getting your BC changed and hopefully that helps the libido issues.  Hoping your cysts cleared too.  I had one burst once and that was the most painful thing I think I ever experienced…I was in tears for hours!

rg - Glad to hear your love the Ergo...I think I am sold on it now.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Jen- I don't know what his deal is- the last few nights he has been waking up and just wants us to come in and give him a hug or pat his back and then he goes right back to sleep, but last night was out of control. I gave him some tylenol, so you'd think that the pain wouldn't have been that bad, but you never know. I actually called him by his full name and threatened him with timeouts at 1:30 am, I was so fed up!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

re: upping intensity during taper - http://www.pponline.co.uk/encyc/0509.htm

CA - have you seen those self adhesive pads? http://www.goodnites.com/our-products/goodnites-bedmats/?WT.mc_id=GNG&WT.srch=1

dexy - our bedrooms are upstairs and the one bathroom is downstairs.  During the day B can navigate the stairs just fine, but I wouldn't trust him to do it at night.

spike - UGGGH on the no sleep. Do you grind up the melatonin? I was having trouble distinguishing between worn out shoes aches and taper madness phantom pains.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

mrszackmorris

dexy: hmmm I've never heard of a mobile neuter station, but dh's brother used to own a mobile pet grooming business. seems like a good idea. good luck with that!

cx2: I tend to do the same thing with regular clothes...find something that fits and buy it in every size. just did that with a hooded top from old navy that I LOVE!

mer: when i had cash at his 18 month check the dr said he should be saying at least 20 words (which he is), but seems like a lot since at 15 months they want them saying 3 words. no clue what it is for 2 y.o.s though.

spike: c was getting eczema on his legs, and my cousin told me to stop putting him in polyester. i couldn't believe how fast it cleared up. he still wears polyester pjs but sil who worked for a dermatologist said that is probably fine because he's not moving around in his sleep. ah, who knows. and yup, that is exactly what sweaty bands are like. however, my sparkly soul headband is all elasticized. the ones my friend made are like sweaty bands and look awesome! i'm hoping they work just as well, bc well, i got this one for free.

jen: yup, i make Stromboli. got the recipe from my student teaching supervisor back in the day. it's super easy (like jen easy). i'll email you the recipe.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

it's super easy (like jen easy). i'll email you the recipe.

"jen easy" bwahahaha! Smile

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Marathonjen

mrszm - It has to be easy or I can't do it!  Thanks for sharing...I think I can do that one!!!

zorbs - mrszm knows me well enough to know that i don't cook and it must be easy!  I ask her for a ton of recipes and I paraphrase by saying...I have to be able to do this so it can't have many ingredients, be difficult, or contain ingredients I never heard of.

Erniegirl

cx2 - The barking dogs sound way scarier to me than the deer! A dog bit me when I had a paper route when I was 12, so I've been nervous around loose dogs ever since. Good luck with the family dinner...one nice thing about babies is they give you a good excuse to leave anywhere early!

Stroller - Oh, the cubby crying makes me want to cry a bit, too. But I am sure he has a blast at daycare once you are out of sight. Ugh, more snow for you guys? That is so rude. We had a dusting here on Saturday morning and I was not impressed at all.

Jen - Lol on your sponge bath routine. I'll bet you smelled better than some other people at the conference who had not even been running! I have no advice about the Ergo, but I am glad you asked. I had an infant sling, a snugli and a backpack carrier for S and I only liked the backpack so I am definitely thinking about an Ergo when we have another baby. My DH thinks soup is diet food....no matter what is in it.

Mer - Sorry you and J were both feeling a bit emotional yesterday. Hope your presentations go well today!

Zorbs - I will have to try bootlegger. I don't think I've ever actually gone in that store.

Dexy - I've never heard of a mobile spay/neuter service, but it is actually a really good idea! I have a 20 minute yoga routine I usually do on my Chalean Extreme dvds. I also have a Yoga for Runners dvd I haven't tried yet and probably should, since I'm sure it's the type of yoga I need.

CA - I love baby Buddha bellies! +1 to Spike's advice about making the bed. I had a home birth and that is how they advised us to make the bed beforehand...if it's good enough for birthing, it's definitely good enough for a little pee!

Spike - Sorry you had such a bad night. Hopefully he was just out of sort from his shots and will sleep well tonight. I didn't know you could give melatonin to babies...maybe that's something for me to try the next time S is teething. Or maybe I should just take it myself so I don't hear her wake up Wink

mrszm - Homemade sweaty bands would be awesome! Is stromboli like a calzone? If it's what I'm picturing, it sounds yummy!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

mrszackmorris

ernie: yup, like a calzone. I am sure there is some scientific difference between the two (like a calzone is bigger) but essentially it's dough baked with whatever you want inside of it.