Womens Running

Miniscule Monday (Over 40) (Read 20 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

It's my hope that Monday will go fast.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

My very best wishes for Arimathea and family. May you all have peace and comfort in this time of difficulty.

Friday was an hour running on the track. At one point, my friend who was working with her fitness coach would join me for a loop. Then they would train for two of my loops and she would join me again. It was a happy time.

Saturday was SDO since I had done a long run the day before.

Sunday a friend and I worked out at the gym. I did 40 minutes running on the track. :::uttering happy shriek::: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I was able to do 5 short sprinting intervals and shaved 2 seconds off my time for almost all of them. I am so pleased! It’s the first time I have been able to get any speed since the concussion.

Today will be a track run.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS::::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

First and foremost, Tessa - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  Hoping for peace for all....it has been a horrible roller coaster for you.  Thanks for checking in and letting us know what has been going on.....I worry when you aren't on for a few days....BIG HUGS being sent...

Judy - So happy you had a great workout!

Freezing cold here today, but hoping to get out for a run later when the temp gets all the way up to 10    Went for a hike yesterday to a nearby state park, it was beautiful.  Used that as cross training.

Carol

LC Runs

Hi Ladies!

Been a few days since I've checked in...have been running on TM regularly but just so unmotivated in every aspect of life right now.....I really need to plan a tropical vacation for next winter, this is the pits.

3 miles this morning on TM, followed by an ab workout.  My BF bought me a nice new treadmill last weekend so that is helping me get up and on it....

Starting week 3 of marathon training, I sure hope this snow and ice are gone this month, have done my 8 and 9 mile Sunday runs on the mill, I really don't want to add double digits to that lol.

Judy - have a wonderful week.

Tessa - hugs and prayers to you

Lisa - that sucks about your boss, it's so unsettling when things like that happen

Carol - hope you are feeling better, great idea from your DH!

Ginny - that is so sad about your co worker, I'm sure she's glad to have you as a friend!

Hi Gatsby, Cindy, Camille, Damaris, Linda....

ginnyb

Tessa....my thoughts and prayers are with you.....It has been such a roller coaster year for you, may DH be at peace soon.

My DH and I did absolutely nothing yesterday except sit on our butts and watched Game of Thrones all day!  I never even got out of my pajama bottoms.  It was so cold and we weren't going anywhere so I figured what was the point?  So tired of this winter.

Did do my WT DVD this morning, but I hadn't done it in a while, so hard to be consistent with WT for me, I just don't enjoy it even a little.

Cindy....hope your back is better today.

Karen....see that you have gotten quite a bit of snow again, enjoy your day at home.

LC...nice on the new TM!  What marathon are you training for?

Judy.....good on shaving some time off your sprints!

Carol...I just  can't make myself go out for a run in these bitter temps, even the snow doesn't bother me as much as the single digit temps.

Work tonight, so am home this morning...be back later.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

camille2

Tessa, hugs to you and your family. I'm so sorry it's been such a tough few months and hope peace is ahead.

Judy, great job on getting some speed back!

Demaris, nice bike ride. I'm glad you're progressing!

Cindy, it's nice to "see you."  Good for you for keeping up the 20 min.  Bummer on the neck.

Marjorie, it sounds like the work on the house is progressing! Hip problems are the pits aren't they?

Karen, woo-hoo on two good runs!

Ginny, nice 5 miles!

Carol, good for you for the 9 miles. Those tough runs should come with bonus miles!

Hi Laura!

I walked 2-3 miles at Gibbs Garden yesterday. It was a very nice walk, but till too early for many flowers.! Then I went to the park and did 2 with one mile of running.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. Pilates later. Now just work

here is to a fast Monday Judy

hugs to Tessa

Gunny those are the best days to wear pjs all day

hi Carol and Laura

Marjorie

Good Morning!

Had a great girls weekend at the Seaside Fl Half Marathon.  I decided to run the half instead of the 5k, so glad I did.  Above pic is with my running buds after the race.  Cissy is on the left, we train together most of the time.  She has been fighting bronchitis and only did the 5K.  I am next, then Robyn and daughter Taylor.  I ran the first three miles with Taylor, then she took off.  I had an ok run, 2:04:26 or something.  Felt better than last week.  Post race swag includes medal and Vera Bradley bag.  Matthew provided Bloody Marys.  I have never had that as a post race drink.  Would have been better if it had not been so spicy.

Went to the beach after the race--beautiful day, but the water was really cold.  Nice relaxing weekend overall.  Wink

Did Group Power class this morning--really helped with the stiffness.

Tessa-Keeping you in my prayers during this difficult time.

Susan

Arimathea

Tessa

Susan, the Gulf was cold? Now that's cold! I expect cold water here, but ours comes straight down from the Arctic.  Nice race tote bags!

Hmm. Bloody Marys as a postrace drink? Not sure about that. Champagne is very nice (says she thinking wistfully of SeeJaneRun half and its bottomless champagne glass afterwards) and a margarita is well suited for post race: lime juice for potassium, salt on glass rim for sodium, lots of ice for hydration and tequila to kill the pain.

Marjorie, enjoy Pilates.

Ginny, a day in pjs sounds like a nice one. I'd be on GoT overload after that -- sort of like I feel when I have to reread the entire series as the next book is coming out.

Camille, what is Gibbs Garden?

Laura, we're supposed to be in the 80s by this weekend if you want to hop a plane...

Carol, the hike sounds nice, hope you get out for a run too.

Judy, I heard that happy squeal! Glad you got some speedwork in.

4 this morning with RN. She wanted to tell me all about the giant mud pit known as Diamond Valley Lake marathon. It was a quagmire by the end. And you know how when you start the rainy race you avoid the puddles but by the end you are taking the shortest route even if it is directly through the puddle? Yup. She was glad she had dry shoes at the end.

Oh, and she won her AG and got 7th female OA.

DH is still here but we are expecting his life to end today or tomorrow. I called in and my boss said take time and work if I can. I certainly can. I will need to go in this afternoon, though, since I teach a class this evening. My mother will spell me and then DS will take over in the evening for a few hours. Now I'm waiting for the USC med school donation coordinator to call back and confirm or reject DH, we were originally told that we could make arrangements at time of death but then the hospice nurse said "no, you have to do it ahead of time" so I called Friday, downloaded the paperwork and had DH sign it on Friday afternoon (one of his last conscious acts), witnessed it and scanned/sent it on Saturday so they have it today.

Tessa--Yes, the water was really cold!  Air temps were in the high 60s and it was sunny and breezy.

Those all sound like good post race drinks.  Will keep those in mind.  I really wanted a beer, but he was so excited about serving bloody Marys to everyone so I drank it.  Must have had some redeeming qualities in there somewhere.

Prayers for you and family as you go through this difficult time.

Susan

Anonymous Guest

Morning all,

Working from home on yet another snow day. We have officially made tomorrow's meeting a conference call - boss said the roads and sidewalks were a sheet of ice downtown.

Tessa, sounds like DH has accepted that it is his time. Wishing you continued strength.

Sounds like missing DVL was not such a horrible thing. And yes, I know that feeling about 2/3s in, when you stop avoiding the mud pits and just charge right through. You cross the line on which is the worst of two evils. Congrats to RN on her placement!

Susan, nice half! The blue skies and sunshine and shorts look wonderful.

Ginny, my work from home day means I may not get out of my pajama pants all day today! Well, until I go downstairs to work out, I guess.

Judy, way to go on the speedwork!

Carol, here I am annoyed we won't be above freezing until Thursday and you're going out when it's 10. That seals it, I will move south but I will not move further north!

Laura, see "I couldn't do what you do" post to Carol above, and apply to you. Seriously, this latest round of snow and cold has just broken me. I now WANT to move to Texas.

Camille, good to see you out running. I'm looking forward to seeing those numbers ever so very slowly creeping back up.

Hi Marjorie!

Okay, a little more work, then I'm going to ride the bike on the trainer (although my legs are pretty tired from the weekend runs, so I don't know how well I'll do). I think I'll leave shoveling to DH this time.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

LC Runs

2.5 additional TM miles this evening, I needed to blow off some steam.  I somehow managed to find a job nearly as bad as the last one Didn't think that was possible.   My partner has decided to retire, so she's only there 3 more weeks....I am screwed, no way this is going to work with a brand new person.  I could go on and on, but I suppose there's  no point in dwelling on the negative...and it's nearly all negative ha ha.

Carol - I am so glad the sun was shining today...if I closed my eyes while riding in the car (no, I wasn't driving lol), it felt warm and tropical *sigh*

Ginny - yesterday was a perfect day for just hunkering down, good for you.  Training for Charlevoix, in June.  At this rate, I better pack my yak trax for the race

Camille - sounds like a beautiful setting for a walk/run!  I can't wait for outdoor flowers!

Hi Marjorie - hope you enjoyed your rest day

Sue - Awesome picture, looks like so much fun!!  I am not much for cold tomato, but maybe would be refreshing after a long run, probably a good electrolyte replacement!

Tessa - great job to your RN!  (((Hugs))) to you and your family, thinking of you a lot today.  I would LOVE to come visit sometime!!

Karen - this weather is something else...yuck!  Texas would be a great choice, I have some family in Texas.....hmmmmm....

Tessa-hugs to you and your family.  So hard to go through, especially with mixed feelings that are completely normal and to be expected. Peace is wished for dh.

Judy-nice squeal!

Carol and Laura-ENOUGH already! double digits down here but 14 isn't much to phone in about.

Ginny-Closest I've come to that would be watching Harry Potter movies with dds. good for you though in taking the day.

Camille-ah...flowers....outside. I believe I've heard tell of those things.

Karen-yes, you do know about mud pits.

Sue-can't resist... these were from my run yesterday... please God let them be the last but that is highly unlikely as is March 31 opening day for the Tigers.

PLEASE NOTE TOP OF BENCH ALONGSIDE TRAIL. Yes, this was from yesterday's run.  to the right is for cross country skiers.  the "plowed" half was powder on top of ice.  at least it was very pretty out.

I must admit that at times my breath is taken away (and not because it was 8 degrees). We know how Lisa loves her pines. Photos don't do justice to the amazing depth visuals that go on with snow on tree limbs or the way the snow glistens when it is that cold and the sun hits it just right. I'm trying guys... I'm trying to be positive.

Although sun hitting grass and leaves would be MUCH appreciated, as would single layers of clothing and my phone not freezing up.

Alas, today was not that day and tonight with negative temps again.

And in case one thinks us Michiganders are being whiney..

"On a relative basis, Detroit is experiencing the most extreme weather of any city in the country, the Associated Press reported Tuesday. That report was based on an index created by National Weather Service meteorologist Barbara Mayes Boustead.

Boustead’s analysis, based on cold temperatures and snowfall, found that Detroit is in the middle of its harshest winter since 1950. Detroit has had 6.5 feet of snow so far this winter and 100 days of below-freezing temperatures." And that was from last week.

Read more: Detroit Is Having Its Worst Winter in Years | TIME.com http://nation.time.com/2014/02/25/detroit-winter/#ixzz2uwrrbOI2

Lisa