Womens Running

Early Riser THURSDAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 22 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Up and at em' early today!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

6.2 for me. I am going to head to the gym tonight for a body pump.

Much better run than the other day. Hamstring is still twingy but it felt awesome to be out there in the 41 DEGREES (YES THATS RIGHT) - ran off some frustration but took it easy. Almost went out in shorts and a t-shirt but changed my mind. Put on some capris and a long sleeve..these are new capris so I am trying to see if they are run worthy Smile

Still bummed about the race. I am sure everyone will be asking about it at work today. Sigh. I will get over it. I am going to play Richmond by ear. Game day decision most likely.

HCBF is off today so i gave him a to-do list Smile

Run4kupcakes - Are you ready for this weekend?? ARGH about the runners on the track!

Docket - Glad your dad got there safe!

Off to get my lunch ready for work. I wish you guys could see my outfit. SO CUTE. You know why? Because its Fall wear! Smile

Have a great day all!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ginny, the sleet the other day was funny. First there was some sun, then very dark clouds in a low, thin layer, wind, then sleet for all of about 60 seconds, a little rain, then it all turned off. Ohio...the state where you can have 4 different seasons in one day. 

Wednesday’s run was 50 minutes out the trail. Weather is perfect now for runs and it’s a lot easier to breathe. I’m trying to add 5 minutes to every run for a while, making my minimum 50 minutes. We'll see how long that lasts.

By the time I got home DC called and wanted to golf. Off we went for 9 holes. The ball still doesn’t move very far but does go straight. Putting is going nicely.

Today I plan to run out the trail on the early side. Haircut and color afterwards. Yaaaaaaaay!  

Safe and happy runs, All!  

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

I wasn't feeling it this morning, but the dogs were ready to walk, so we went for our usual walk.  Then I headed out for three miles, came back and Skye was bouncing all over so I took her out for a mile. She really likes her morning run.  We could have gone further, but I was late for work as it was...

Damaris--great race report.  Glad your dad made it in ok.

Lizzie--I would be bummed about the short race too.

I cooked down most of the persimmons in the crock pot last night.  I didn't feel like canning it, late in the evening, so I put it in the fridge.  I only have 4-5 cups.  Think I will freeze it in one cup units.  You can cook with it like pumpkin puree or eat like apple butter on toast. Yummy!

Ugh! Skye got the blender top out of the sink and ATE it yesterday morning! Ordered a new one. Nothing is safe in the house.

Elina---Congratulations!!!  Mini K is beautiful!!

Check y'all later!

LC Runs

Hi Ladies!

3 miles last night and 3 miles this morning, weather has been really nice this week.  I am so dreading the winter, I want it to stay like this LLOL!

Elina - CONGRATULATIONS!!  Kadri is beautiful!!

Lizzie - You are always cute, glad you have on an outfit that makes you happy!!  Sucks about the race but you definitely earned wearing the shirt and the medal.  Glad HCBF is home today!!

Judy - golf sounds like fun!

Sue - nice morning walk/run!  I LOL'd about Skye and the blender top...

dhuffman63

Trails

Pumpkin weather:

Saturday

A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 77. South wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Saturday Night

Showers and thunderstorms. Low around 55. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

Sunday

Mostly cloudy, with a high near 66. North wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

I'm packing some trash bags into my drop bags...just in case. I feel for the 100k and 100 milers as they will definitely get soaked.  Glad I booked a hotel and aren't camping.

Nice run Lizzie, sorry your hammie it still twingy and the race ...sigh...guess it happens, at least you had a nice vacation and you can call it a training run.

Judy, OK is like that too.  My favorites are the sun showers where the sun is shining but it's raining.  Course some of out storms are pretty nasty.

I saw on the weather channel that it might snow in the northern great lakes region?

Sue, we have persimmon trees and omg what a mess they make when they fall and are super ripe.  I hate stepping on them.  The horses love them tho.  Never thought to cook anything with them.  LOL on the blender top.  When I make things and there's leftovers until I put them away I have to put them in the microwave to keep one cat from eating whatever it is.

Damaris glad your dad got there safe.

I'll check in later for more personal.  Have to get another cup of coffee.

camille2

Just a flyby...

Elina, miniK is adorable!!  Congrats!  How are you?? Was hubby home?

Lizzie and Laura, I'm loving the weather, too!!

Diane, I'm really looking forward to reading the race report.  If the trash bags are for rain, Tessa has a better idea.  Long ago, she suggested those cheap rain ponchos from the dollar store.  A storm was blowing through for the first hour or two when I ran Houston and the poncho was  great because the hood kept the rain from running down my neck yet open on the sides for a little air as it slowed.  It was cheap enough to ditch when the rain stopped. I've learned so much form the people here.

I did about 5 yesterday, but didn't get started until about 530 pm and by then I wasn't feeling very energetic. I just didn't feel it and was slow. I even stopped for a break.     If I hadn't said I'd do it here, I would have sat down with a book.     I may do another 3 today since I'm not sure I got much training from that slog.

I'm off to see my mom, then an aunt and cousin. It's been a couple of years since I've seen the cousin and I'm looking forward to it. She's usually pretty funny.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Elina, a HUGE congrats to you/DH and mini-K.  Glad all is well with her.

Lizzie, you crack me up.  Fall is indeed fun for clothes.  Glad today is a better day.

Judy, enjoy your cut and color.

Sue, glad you got a short run in and Skye enjoyed hers.

Laura, nice runs.

Diane, I second Camille by going to the dollar store or similar and getting a cheapie disposable rain poncho.  I hope you are able to stay dry and WOOT WOOT WOOT for doing the race, excited for you.

Camille, good you got a run in, even a slog.  Enjoy family time later.

I leave tomorrow before the ass crack of dawn.  So much to do today, like pack and clean - biggest part.  I went out for a mile WALK just to see if my Garmin was notifying me correctly at the miles, and wahoo, it did finally.  I set up a secondary screen too that shows me last lap pace, so I think I should be OK.  Excited about the weekend, but nervous as all get out about the race.  Jiminy, it is going to be a challenge.  Can't wait to meet Sandy and her RB.  And sister???  Even though Lizzie isn't going to make it, I am hoping she has a special weekend.  Wink

That's it ladies.  Have an awesome Thursday.

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 6 miles tonight.

Elina, congratulations!  MiniK is adorable.

Lizzie, nice run.  Glad the hamstrings are behaving better.

Judy, enjoy the trail, and hair color.

Susan, nice impromptu run.

Laura, nice 3 X 2!

Diane, ugh at the wind and rain.

Camille, nice 5.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

HOLY COW Sandy, MCM just posted on FB it is only 24 hours from the Expo.  This is real.  Ugh, crap, yay????? I must breathe, I am nervous.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

First of all, big congrats to Elina!  Hope all is well.  Mini-K is gorgeous.

Planning another short TM run this evening.  Maybe I'll kick it up to 1.5 miles!  

Lizzie, as runners that have followed you on this journey, we all feel for you!  I know how hard you worked and you really put yourself out of your comfort zone, during training and the race.  It's a PR with an asterisk, which sucks.  But it still counts for something!  And like Karen told me, it will just make you that much stronger for your next training cycle, it wasn't for waste.  Glad you got some Lizzie weather at home!    I bet you are looking cute.  You are a cutie.    I will run outside sometime...  I don't want to be tempted to run faster or longer than I should.    I have a lot of control on the TM, I can cut it short if I need to.  Oh, I remember you mentioning people being nice and saying good morning.  That's true, probably over 90% of the people I see, whether they are biking, walking, or running will wave or say hi.  It was really weird when I was running in Philly and NYC and people wouldn't even look at me.  

Judy, I like your plan to add 5 minutes every day.  I hope it works well!

Sue, sounds like you got a lot done for not feeling it.    DD has been running a bit more with the dogs that she walks.  Those dogs sure love to run!  Sorry about the blender top, haha.

Laura, it would be nice if the weather stayed like this!  Nice miles!

Diane, yep, it sounds like not camping was a great choice!  How are you feeling?

Lori, hope you are surviving the taper!  

Karen, hope the poop thing went OK.    I had a few physicals where they gave me that kit, it was optional.  So I didn't do it.    The woman on FB - she shared with me some basic info, that she followed Hanson's plan with modifications to the 16 mile long run, her half PR, and splits for her last marathon.  We chatted over FB for over a half hour.  I don't know why she trusts me.     She just wanted any kind of feedback.  Anyway, it seemed to me that she simply went out too fast.  The weather was a bit iffy, in the 70's and cloudy, but probably not significantly worse that what she trained in, and not enough to account for her performance during the end of the race.  Her calorie intake during the race also seemed a bit low.  Her numbers seem to point to more of a 3:57-4:00 than a 3:52, but her half PR could probably be lower now.  After you dig in, let me know what you think.  

Tessa, things must seem a lot calmer without the kitties!

Damaris, nice race recap!  I think you look fine in the photos.  

Sandy, glad the call went OK.  That is weird about the cat shelter.  They sure are making it tough for you!

Hi Camille-Cathy!

Kat, travel safe and I hope you have a great race!  Have fun with Sandy and whoever else you meet.  

Cathy

Docket_Rocket

Have fun, Kat!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Seloc

Damaris – great RR!!  Great pics, too!!

Tessa – awwww poor kit kats complaining about the traffic and having a case of the hungries.  I’m sorry but kinda cracked me up on the carrier mess.  Not funny for you, I’m sure!  And sure hope they didn’t roll in it – that’s nasty.  I know those URI are so prevalent in kittens – do you worry about your other cats being exposed?  Or, is it not that big a deal when they are older?

Karen – I kinda glossed over the baton twirling LOL  You crack me up.  Just be sure not to re-gift to the neighbor who gifted it to you in the first place – might be sorta embarrassing haha.  Whoa – MCM will be crazier than NYCM?  Yikes – glad you have prepared me!  I agree, wish you were still out there to meet!  Someday.  Someday.  Oh, and I do love a 10 miler.  We have a good many around here.

Lori – taper madness is the best!  /sarcasm.  Thanks for the well wishes this weekend!

Lizzie – UGH on the short race.  It now has made our local news as well.  You ran an AWESOME race!  Yes you show the medal and yes you wear the shirt.  I would be nice if they somehow compensated the runners.  OMG your tix to MKE were so cheap!  That’s awesome.  Yeah, I sent the cat shelter people a message on FB and they were sorta snarky in their response.  Maybe it’s like a couple crazy cat ladies or something and this is the universe telling me to not get involved.

As for poop samples (seriously never thought this would be discussed here LOL) – reminds me of Peace Corps days and bacterial dysentery.  Not fun!!

HCK – Nice track intervals!  Oh wow on all the company.  I guess nice that it’s being used but, come on people.

Lizzie2 – OMG, girl, back at it already!  Ooooh, brrrrr – you were chillier than me!  What’s the verdict on the capris?  I hardly ever run in mine since they don’t have a draw string and I spend half the time yanking them up.  Good call on the game day decision for Richmond.  Chuckling since I use that phrase all the time!  Now you MUST post a pic of your outfit!!

Judy – have a good run and enjoy the C&C!

Sue – that is SO CUTE that Skye is getting into the running thing.  Maybe not so cute of her counter surfing.  Bet she’s good today after her run.

Laura – I’m so dreading the winter, too!  Yes – let’s keep this weather this way forever.

Diane – what day will you be running Pumpkin?  GREAT IDEA about the trash bags.  I use one almost every race just to stay warm at the start.  Hope it isn’t too wet for you.  You are going to do awesome!!

Camille – great 5mi last night!  COMPLETELY understand the not much energy at that time of day.  But, you did it!  Awww have a nice day visiting with family.

Kat – hooray for fixing the Garmin!  Super duper excited to meet you, too!  Sis and BIL will be in late Sat so maybe we will see all after race?  Not entirely sure. LOL don’t get too nervous, girl!!  I have all the confidence in the WORLD you are going to rock this.  Safe travels and will see you Sat!  WOOT!

Cathy – oh yes, I was going to comment to Lizzie about the friendly people, too.  Same here.  I say good morning to everyone I pass while running.  Everyone!  Guy at bus stop this morning, older guy that walks with his walker all over town, the two ladies that walk their dogs early, the list goes on.  I cannot imagine being ignored haha.  Another item in the PRO column for Lizzie’s move to the Midwest, right?

Elina – OMG OMG OMG CONGRATULATIONS!  Cannot wait to get the BR!  (birth report).  And now you roll from vacation right into maternity leave.  Ahhhhhhhhhh.  Hope all is well with all of you!

Last run before MCM complete.  4mi in 45 lovely degrees.  Other than how DARK it was, wish these days would last forever.  We are supposed to get to mid-70s this afternoon with all sorts of sunshine.  Also happened to look at the dewpoint yesterday and it was in the 20s – another indication on how beautiful it is right now.  Just have to make it through the workday!  I will go to TRX/Bells in the morning but plan to take it easy.  Picking RB up at about 11am for the airport.  Getting excited for the trip and to meet Kat!  Not really thinking about the race so much – just hoofin it 42K for fun. 

dhuffman63

Trails

I probably won't be able to post this weekend, so good luck to Kat and Sandy at MCM.  Who else is racing this weekend?  Good luck to you all.

Elina, beautiful daughter!

Camille-Cathy, have fun with your mom and I hope she's better.  Enjoy your Aunt and Cousin. And nice miles despite not feeling it.  Seems to be going around almost like the flu.

I'll pop  by the $ store and see what they have if not I have the trashbags.  I also have a running rain coat but don't want to carry it for 32 miles.

Nice miles Laura.

Cathy I'm nervous and anxious as all get out...lol...so afraid I'll forget something.

dhuffman63

Trails

Sandy the 50k starts at 8 am Sat.  Supposed to hold off rain until the night time...I hope to be done in less than 12 hours.  My #1 goal is to finish and if I can beat the Hawk's time I'll be ecstatic.