Womens Running

Energetic THURSDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I'll be over here dancing it outtttt

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me! Well, rest until Saturday.

I have so much energy. I just want to dance around the office!

Half day at work today. Have to run a few errands and head over to my favvoorrriitteee sandwich shop - Which Wich. Instead of cookies they have pieces of cake. Its like my dream sandwich shop. Love to go there for carb loading.

Can't wait for girls weekend!

Sandy & Karen - I am crossing my fingers that I get out of here on time. We have downpours and pop up storms today.

Run4kupcakes – I need a canoe also!

Karen – LOL at your DH. SO EXCITED!!!

Have a great Thursday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Put my alarm for this hour so I could run my 4 before we leave for the airport but I woke up 5 times since 2am and I'm sort of mentally tired from that (weird dreams).  So I'll try to run the 4 in Boston or tomorrow, but if not, I'll pass.  I know Karen said to let it go if I needed to, but if I can run in Boston or on the TM there, I will.

Karen, I'm so excited for y'all as well!

Liz, enjoy the rest.  Cake at Which Which?  Never heard of that!  Our WW closed anyway, but I would've liked that.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday I did another 60 minutes of cardio dvd work without toe issues. The splint is now working its way off during the day. I take that as a good sign that I am close to not needing it. I’ve noticed that my walk is speeding up a little. Encouraging!

More cardio this morning before hair cut & color. 

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Seloc

Today is the day!  Guests arrive later.  I'm headed home now.  Fight delayed an hour but still plenty of time to de-fur.  Rest day today, rest day tomorrow.  42K on Sat.  Gulp!  Yep, she's a gonna be windy.  Nice thing is some of that will be a tailwind.  Bummer is that the final miles will be directly into it.  Ah well, I plan to try to just tuck into a group.

Being away this week has been a nice distraction.  Though I am thankful work wasn't too busy so I could also keep up.  REALLY looking forward to Saturday afternoon LOL

Lizzie - will be watching your flight!  Can't wait!  Maybe you can show us your dance moves, too haha

Karen - will be watching your flight, too!  Your DH cracks me up

Damaris - good luck this weekend!  Martha's Vineyard??  Now that sounds cool!

Gatsby - I was looking at the race calendar and holy cats you are doing 2 50Ks in 2 weekends?  Eegads!!  Gearing up for that big five oh for your five oh!!

Waves to everyone else.  My brain isn't working.  Catch ya later!!

Six miles this morning. Kind of a slog, --- legs were tired, but it is done. This morning was a tad cooler than the other day.

Our Which Wich closed too (well, it was about 30 minutes away). I never went there, so IDK what I was missing.

Boss was out yesterday to take care of her mom.  It was nice and quiet. I'll pay for it today. Lol.  She's baaack!!!

Yay Judy--sounds like your toe is healing.

Are y'all traveling to Fargo today? I know you will have a blast!!

Have a great day!!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Wahoooo to the ladies of Fargo!

Lizzie, dance away.  Don't use too much of your energy up, bottle it for the race.

Damaris, have a good trip to Boston.  Your a weekend early though - many of us will be flying in there NEXT weekend!!

Judy, glad things are encouraging.  Enjoy the cut and color.

Sandy, glad you survived the Dallas weather.  Who takes care of kit kat when you are gone?

Sue, sorry the run was a slog.

Was supposed to get labs/thyroid done today, but the doctors office is a cluster F and screwed up the scheduling of it.  No biggie, my insurance probably wouldn't have covered it anyways and I am super short of cash this pay period.

Super excited for next weekend.

Happy Thursday all,

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Kilmisters

The presentation went well!! Boss said both of us (there were two Latvians presenting in this workshop, me and my colleague) fully met her expectations and that is all I needed to hear. The presentation was 30mins but there was quite a lot of discussion between the slides. All in all, my first presentation of such scale - job done. I will use my opportunity to ask feedback from bosd after few beers when it is usually more detailed Big grin Now we are going for some burgers in Vilnius (Lithuanian capital) and planning a beer eve in pub. Yay! Depending on the amount of beer I might or might not run tomorrow morning. Big grin Not sure if gym or outdoors; hotel is in city center - annoying amount of intersections/traffic.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Yay for Fargo!  Dance, Lizzie, dance!     I did some speedwork this morning!  3x5 minutes with 3 minutes of recovery.  Trying to get into good enough shape to do a short tempo run.  Eventually.    I'm not focusing on the fact that I am slower now, just focusing on the fact that I am running!    And grateful that it was a spectacular spring morning!

Lizzie, haha, I don't know what you will do with all that energy in the next couple days, until Saturday!  I have not heard of Which Wich.  Sounds good!  Enjoy the weekend!  We actually don't have too much planned this weekend.  Having a couple over for lunch on Sunday, but that's about it.  I guess I will be on the computer Saturday morning checking on you ladies.     Hopefully the weather will be nice enough to get out for a longish bike ride.  Some rain is supposed to come in.  I see wind in the forecast for Fargo, but I know you are good in wind.    Nice that the temps dropped just for you though!    There are some tennis courts over by DD's school.  They are usually empty, once in a while park rec uses them for lessons.  The new braces are pretty cool and sleek.  DD gets to pick the colors that they use to "tighten" them, she went with blue and yellow for summer.    The kids think braces are cool these days!

Damaris, good luck to you!  Have a great trip!

Judy, glad that the toe rehab is going well!

Sandy, hey to the hostess with the mostess!    Have an awesome weekend!

Kat, next weekend will be a blast, I'm sure!

Karen, DH forgot you were going to Fargo?    Have a great trip and race!  Haha, I will keep an eye on my co-worker!

Elina, hope the presentation goes (or went) well!  Ooops, I see it did go well!    Congrats!  Enjoy your evening!

Cathy

dhuffman63

Trails

Dr appt. today to check my BP and make sure I can renew my meds.  I take a very low dose beta blocker because of my thyroid condition.  I also asked to check my B levels, my calcium and vitamin D levels since I've been tired and blah feeling for several weeks now.  She also suggested a steroid shot for my allergies which are awful right now so I took that one too.

Did 2 miles on the TM then went up and did 50 strokes on the rower...doesn't track distance and I haven't figured out the time but the stroke count is easy.  I'm really focusing on correct form.  I also did some bicep curls and some standing fly's.  I'm going to try and get up to the gym for some recumbent bike today.  I'd love to get outside but we are now in the afternoon thunderstorms and we don't just get rain we get lightening too.

Lizzie I like Which Wich but there's none close by.  I like their gyros.  Good luck flying out and at the race...I know you'll do awesome.

Same for you Sandy and Karen.  I know you all will have so much fun!  Wish I liked road marathons and didn't suck at running them.

Damaris have fun in Boston, it's one of my favorite big cities.  I liked San Fran too.  Chicago was 3rd but only in the summer.

Judy nice healing going on there.

Sandy enjoy the girls weekend!

Too bad Sue on the boss being back.  Nice miles!

Kat sorry to hear you Dr.'s office is such a cluster f$#%.  Mine's just a clinic really and I see a LPN but she's great.  I don't like the one Dr. there....he's a bit of a pompous ass.

That's fantastic Elina.  I had to go to Toastmaster's years ago (they are a group that helps with public speaking) to get over my stage fright.  I had to do new site presentations to the CEO and board and they were multimillion $ sites.

Karen your DH sounds like mine ...except the "sound like fun" part.  He'll do a 5k or so but nothing longer than that.  He hated the trail 10k we did last year.  I do at least get good luck's and nice job's from him.

Cathy it's so nice to hear you are running.  You'll get your fitness back.

Lizzie---send me some of that extra energy. I'm ready for a nap.

Congrats on the presentation, Elina!

Diane--hope the steroids help.  Horrible allergy season this year!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Anonymous Guest

At the airport. This plane looks awfully small for how far it’s going! 4 miles this morning. I still am having random aches and pains, hope they go away by Saturday!

Elina, glad it went well!

Sandy and Liz, see you soon!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Bikerchick1

Fargo Girls - Have so much fun!  Hope all your travels go well.

Damarias - Are you doing a marathon this weekend somewhere????

Judy - Sounds like roe recovery is going good.

Sue - Nice 6...sorry it was a slog...but you got it done!

Kat - Any updates on work???  I love the Axe Murderer shirt!

Elina - Congratulations on the presentation!!!!

Cathy - It is so good to see you posting runs again!!!

Diane - Nice job in the miles and work out!  I have told myself after the marathon I WILL make myself do some strength training....nope,  thing yet Sad

Slowly getting my miles in, had a great 4 miler this morning with RB.  Searching, searching, searching for Fall race....haven’t committed to anything yet.

Carol

Docket_Rocket

Yeap, running the Martha’s Vineyard Marathon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

A quick WOOHOO and happy racing to Seloc, Karen, Lizzie, Damaris and Kilmisters!

Judy, glad to hear the toe is continuing to improve.

Hi CrazySue, Turtles, Carol and DHuff!

Kat, Lisa, Tessa — I’m excited about next weekend.

Seloc, yup, 50k back to back.  Turning 50 is serious business!

I’m at the airport picking up my DH and we’re going out for happy hour, yay. 8 miles yesterday, 5 miles today, SRD tomorrow.

Waves to anyone one that I missed!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR