Womens Running

Happy Valentine's Day Supermoms (Read 33 times)

runnergirl9508

Morning Supermoms~

RR: 6-7 miles today, with 3 at marathon pace. It's a bit early in my training plan to really know what my goal pace will be, so I've picked a pace and I'm going to go with that for now, revising as race day gets closer. Teaching core at 6AM. Ran 7 recovery miles yesterday, and while it wasn't horrible, my legs took about 4.5 miles before they felt good.

TR: is jabbering nonstop these days. still just a handful of real words, but it's cute. he randomly gives hugs, so sweet! went to the park for a while yesterday afternoon, and he tripped and faceplanted on the paved path that surrounds the park. poor little man has some nice road rash on his forehead, but he barely cried. Probably helped that there were kids playing basketball, so he was interested in watching them.

NRR: woke up to a sweet card from DH this morning. We don't usually do gifts for Valentines Day, but I made him some pretzel treats to snack on at work.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 10K with 5x double bitch with Sam.  She has to be home by 7, I'm thinking when the runs get longer she'll have to start by herself because I can't get up any earlier and still be functional.  I tried to go to bed earlier last night, but it only ended up being about 30 min earlier than usual.

TR - tantrum city at bedtime over various things.

FR - crockpot chili.

FR#2 - out of coffee, this morning was the last cup.  Panic.

NRR - got caught in a flashmob downtown yesterday.  Alcoholic friend found the youtube video and we juuuuust missed being in it.

~~~~~~~~

rg - oh no on R's faceplant!  which marathon are you doing again? That Caillou picture you posted on FB seriously made me lol.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

BermyHorse

RR: gut wrenching speedwork this afternoon. Either 800s or 1000s Calling coach when DS wakes up from his nap. I met her yesterday when she did 8x1min30sec hill. The hill was horrible. I did 5 with stroller but not at any pace that could have ben measured. Think she is training for another masters world championship. I was planning on easy 4m and did 4 of hill repeats which I guess will pay off in time. My LR is also on Sun but I don't want my first run of the 2 week vacay in TN to be 13m so I might squeeze it in tomorrow so I can ease into running more gently in TN once I figure out the weather.

NRR: Washing car so I can take pics to sell it. Packed up loads of stuff in yesterday's nap. I was so productive. There isn't much left.

NRR2: 4 year sobriety anniversary! I rushed out of bed at 5.30am to give DH the chip back so he could officially present it to me as he was leaving for work. Will wish on it later and post pic on fb.

NRR3: researched all the bf-ing notes on the vaccinations in detail for tomorrow's green card medical. I can have everything on the list (Hep A, B, Flu, Flu type B, Measles, Meningococcal, Mumps, Penumococcal, Pertussis, Polio, Rotavirus, Rubella, Tetanus and diptheria, Varicella). I have had a lot from when I was travelling round Africa too which aren't on the list - Typhoid, Yellow Fever - I have that record. Oh joy. I had loads of them as a kid but UK destroy records at 25yrs old. I am 34. Oh and each one to have is 50 bucks a pop. The chest xray is 200 bucks, the DNA test another 35... keep adding it all up. USA ladies, your country is very thorough!

FR: made rice corm cakes last night. Served with a salad and I had chicken breast. Leftovers tonight. Made a power pancake as per meal plan for breakfast and DS ate most of it - egg whites, protein powder, oat bran, milk, cinnamon, salt and almond butter on top.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

BermyHorse

BR: how could my post be all about me?! When reading aforementioned Goodnight Moon, he waves at the '2 little kittens', then he strokes them and then yesterday he kissed them on the page. So cute. When he hugs his Donkey he cuddles him with one arm and then strokes his body with the other. It melts my heart. Ok, enough. Off to cook breakfast.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

Erniegirl

RR - 10-12k, depending on how much time I have. My 9k last night had a bonus speed workout at the end. S started fussing halfway through and would not be cheered by singing, talking, food or playground offerings. Just before the 8k mark, she went into full meltdown mode, so I ditched RP and ran the last kilometre to my car in 4:26. I didn't think I could move that fast with a stroller!

BR - She did not have the best day. Was happy and normal at Sensory class but then wouldn't eat lunch and was weepy and whiny when my Dad came over. I went to put her down for a nap but as soon as she had some milk, she perked right up, didn't want to go to sleep and was playing and happy for the rest of his visit. But then...she would not go down for her nap until 4 pm! I had to wake her at 5 pm to meet RP, which  probably led to the stroller meltdown. Then she refused to eat dinner and didn't go to sleep until 10 pm.

FR - Italian sausage with kale and cornbread.

NRR - Since DH works until at least 10 pm, we're going out for Valentine's Day brunch before he goes to work. Steak & eggs and a bj? Lol.

~~~~~~

rg - I hate those runs where your legs take forever to warm up. Good for you for sticking it out - I probably would have called it quits after 5k if I wasn't feeling it! Hope your legs are peppy again for your MP pace miles today. Aw, poor R and his face plant. I'll bet the road rash on his forehead makes him look tough Smile

zorbs - Thanks goodness you had one cup of coffee left for this morning! Sounds like we both had trying nights with our LOs. How fun that you got caught in a flash mob - whereabouts downtown were you?

bermy - Happy four-year sobriety anniversary! I have no idea how you manage hill and speed workouts back-to-back like that. Wait, and you did the hills with the stroller?? I am certain that hills with a stroller would kill me!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runnergirl9508

zorbs- yep, i thought of you immediately when i saw that pic. nice job on the hill repeats today! I'm running the shires of vt marathon on may 19th. it's a relatively new marathon, this will be the third year, and pretty small. i emptied out the coffee this morning too, definitely have to stop on my way home from work and buy more!

Bermy- congrats on your 4 year anniversary! i'm so proud of you, that's such an accomplishment. wow, that's alot of vaccines! hope you don't have to get all of them. aw, the kittens are R's favorite page in goodnight moon, too! he always pets them. and he loves the tiny mouse, too!

good luck with everything you have to do today, and enjoy your coaching session!

ernie- lol on your valentine's day brunch with DH! i hope S naps better for you today. they can turn into such grump faces when they dont' sleep enough. great job on your stroller run yesterday! it's been a few weeks since since i last did a stroller run with R, i'm looking forward to having my little running partner back again.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CTimesTwo

Ugh had a post and computer crashed...

RR - 4 on the TM again... finally got the orthotics issue sorted out, after 4 phones calls and having to submit my claim twice...

BR - saying "ma ma ma" and "da da da" a lot more now... I think she's linking the "ma ma ma" sound to me, but we never refer to DH as "da da" so that doesn't mean anything to us yet... we're working on encouraging her to try and sit up on her own from the laying position, which she's not happy about.

NRR - getting my hair trimmed....

rg - aww, glad your LO is ok after face planting!

zorbs - every night I say I'm going to bed earlier than the night before and it never happens...

bermy - congrats on the sobriety!!!

ernie - sorry for the rough day with DS yesterday, hope today is better!

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  SRD.  Did 5 yesterday.  The weather was beautiful!

TR:  Only napped an hour at Grandma's yesterday so he was a mess at home.  Got a time out and then chilled a little bit.  The night went fast.

NRR:  Since I won't be home until late tonight because of Parent/Teacher conferences, DH and I exchanged V-Day gifts this morning.  He got me a really cute card and a gift certificate for a pedicure and he threw in an extra $5 for the tip!  I am super excited.  I think it was a super sweet gesture.  He got gourmet chocolates from a local place and a $15 Barnes and Nobel GC.  He found a new author he is really in to so now he can get a couple books!

FR:  Meatball subs were delicious last night.  Not sure about tonight, sounds like it will have to be fast food b/c of conferences.  Chinese sounds good.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

armmama

RR - hoping for 5 if I can get L up and going early enough.  Was going to do 30 day shred but I'm feeling a little beat up after tennis last night so I'll do it another day.  My first match of the season was good and a good workout!  Plus I won so that makes it even better.  Smile

BR - was asleep when I got home last night so I'm excited for him to wake up this morning.  We will be spending the day at school v-day parties so I hope he is in a good mood through it all!

KR - V-day parties from 11-1:30 today.  Ugh.

FR - thinking I'll just pull out some turkey meatballs I have in the freezer.

NRR - we are apparently doing nothing special for Valentine's Day which is OK.  I'm hoping DH doesn't come home with something because I didn't get him anything.  The grocery store was crazy yesterday with people buying flowers and balloons.

rg - when is your marathon?  Sorry about R's fall, I guess they do that sometimes.

zorbs - yikes on being out of coffee!!

bermy - that is a lot of vaccines!  I wonder if you age out of some of them?  I delayed DD3's vaccines so she didn't have to get as many by the time we started because after a certain point they aren't useful.  Congrats on 4 year anniversary!!

ernie - I'd take V-day brunch over dinner any day!  Maybe not the bj part of it though, lol.

cx2 - glad you got the insurance mess figured out.  Yay on a haircut!  I'm going Tuesday, I can't wait.

mer - your V-day gifts sound nice!  You reminded me I think I have a $25 GC to B&N hanging around somewhere, I may give that to DH if he does bring home anything for me.

strollermama

RR:  Ran 9.25 yesterday in a crazy wind storm.  Attempted to do tempo but found it nearly impossible.  I was able to keep about 4 of the miles between 8 and 8:40 min/mi but then the wind really picked up and I held it at 9ish.  Today I have 11m on the schedule but am aiming for 6-7.  My alarm went off at 5 to run but I decided I didn't feel like running so I will try and get it in later today.  Hoping the snow doesn;t come, although my BOB windshield is getting delivered today!

BR:  Woke up early this morning coughing.  I nursed him and put him back in his crib.  Probably  a bad idea since he has to get up in 30 minutes but it was just too early to get up.

NRR:  H's daycare doesn't technically celebrate Valentine's day but they are celebrating "the love they have for the kids" by doing a family cooking activity.  I believe they are making smoothies.  I am going to try to make it if my schedule permits.  I might show up in running clothes if I have time to squeeze in a run.  No Valentine's plans with DH today because my Valentine (#2) arrives tomorrow!  I cannot wait to see his handsome face.  I am looking forward to some quality family time and some help with little man.

RG- What FM did you decide on?  Are you following a specific plan?  ps.  Am I total loser for not knowing who Calilou is?

bermy - Hope you aren't afraid of needles!  And to answer your question from yesterday, I could probably switch plans but I figured if it was too difficult I would just drop a run or cut some miles during the week.  I will still be running pretty high mileage if I do that.

zorbs - Running out of coffee is one of the worst things imagineable.

mer - Aw, what sweet gifts.  In my opinion, a pedicure or massage make the best gifts.  And chocolate Smile

cx2 -Enjoy your trim!  I sure could use one of those.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

mrszackmorris

rr: something on the tm today. Probably 4.

nrr: my dad turned 59 last week and is retiring at the end of the year. we decided to join a couples bowling league when he does. they don't specify the couples do they?

nrr2: got to witness the wrath that is my niece and nephew yesterday. it was seriously terrible and there is no way my sil could not have been embarrassed by the fact that she talks and they do not even pretend to listen to her. what i really wanted to say was, "good luck with baby #3. Why did you think that was a good decision?"  but i refrained.

tr: dd1 was excited for valentine's today. dd2 doesn't have school. still insisting i double french braid their hair every morning.

br: i checked on him before i went to bed and it smelled like his ass exploded. woke him up to change his diaper and needless to say it was not very fun afterwards.

fr: my favorite pizza joint pizza tonight. the place started out in the city i went to college. every thursday my friend would come over to watch the new episode of friends and order breadsticks from there. i would miss half the show bc i was in the bathroom but it is still so worth it.

bbl for personals!

mrszackmorris

rg: ugh to the faceplant. c is always tripping over his own two feet; so much so that i don't think he even realizes it anymore.  have fun teaching core! what's your favorite class to teach?

zorbs: you must feel like i did a couple weeks ago when i ran out of coffee. i was so exhausted yesterday i had coffee in the morning and by 10am at my mom's house i had a soda. she looked at me and asked me if i was hungover because i was so tired. are you in cst? i looked at what time you posted and was thinking there is no way in hell i could run that early in the morning?

bermy: happy 4 year anniversary! are you and dh going to celebrate? are you excited about getting to be in the new house?! yikes to all the vaccines. sil and i were talking vaccines last night as she just started working for a family practice dr and has to memorize the immunization schedule. c just started sleeping with a monkey (after we took the pacifier away) and when i look at him sleeping he always has his arm wrapped around him and him close to his face. so so so cute.

ernie: lol to brunch and a bj! brunch sounds so delicious right now. dd2 and i are enjoying coffee and apple cider and cinnamon bread talking about worldly issues like when am i going to go get her dollhouse down from her bedroom.

cx2: i'll try to match your 4 tm miles. our sidewalks are now glare ice covered with about an inch of snow. bleck. what do you refer to dh as?

mer: what do you do for timeouts for j? i need a pedicure SO SO SO badly! i haven't had one since well before we moved to our new house and i left the polish on way too long. the weather is so great here today, but our sidewalks/roads are glare ice covered with snow. not fun.

arm: as sad as i will be when all the kiddos are in school i can't wait to volunteer in their classrooms. dh told me i don't need to find a paying job once they are all in school but i need to find something i'm passionate about. dh and i don't exchange for valentine's but his birthday is in a couple of weeks and just as c had fallen back to sleep and we were in bed i realized his present was likely delivered yesterday. so i went downstaris to look for it outside; luckily it was between the doors. i had to play it off though to dh.

shelby: way to rock that windy run! and yay for dh coming again! that's great he gets out there so often. is he here just for the weekend? dh and i have been talking about doing a trip to denver sometime this year!

CTimesTwo

mrsz - DH is French so we refer to him as Papa... he only speaks French to her... sorry about the gross diaper... the worst is when you can smell it from across a room!

mer - chinese food always sounds good to me ... i miss my parents home cooked chinese food

arm - Dh and I aren't huge into V day either... I don't get upset when he doesn't buy me flowers or candy or gifts... just a nice dinner out is enough for me..

shelby - hope the cough is just a a cough and not something worse!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

bermy - congrats on the 4 years.  C was telling me yesterday about how his whole life revolved around drinking, so when he stopped he basically had to relearn his entire life.

ernie - it was at the scramble crossing at yonge/dundas.  We were behind the deadmau5 guy, standing in Dundas Square,

cx2 - yeah every night I get a 2nd or 3rd wind around 11 pm.

mer - what a nice present from your DH!

arm - I am hoping my DH doesn't bring home anything for me either.

shelby - I used to drink tea once in awhile and could do that tomorrow but the thought kind of fills me with dread.

mrszm - no I'm in EST.  My big problem is that I need a long time to slowly wake up and get ready.  I've tried to get ready faster and it just doesn't happen.  I can't jump into my clothes and run out the door.  So we started running this morning at 5:30, but I set my alarm for 4:15 and got out of bed around 4:25.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

cx2 - By no means am I thinking authentic Chinese.  Just some deep fried sweet and sour chicken with pork fried rice.  (And an orange soda of course!)  Yum! Smile  You reminded me to call and get a hair appointment.  I need it more for my eyebrows than anything.  Can I ask what you refer to DH as at home?

mrszm - Your pizza sounds delicious.  We still haven't gotten there yet!  For time outs, we put him in his room with the lights on for two minutes.  Then we go in and get on his level and explain why he was put in his room.  It is hard, because he is so damn cute and wants to be held and snuggle.  Yesterday he kept handing me his blanket (binka) and wanting to be held.  I think he gets what he wants at grandmas and doesn't understand why he cant do what he wants at home.

shelby - You are running some crazy miles right now.  Running in the wind is the worst.  Yay for DH coming home tomorrow!  That is awesome!  Enjoy.

armmama - Enjoy the v-day parties! Wink  Yay for winning your first match!

ernie - Sorry about the meltdowns yesterday.  That makes for a rough day.  Brunch sounds A.Maz.Ing.  Not sure about the last part though! Smile

bermy - That is a lot for your green card, wow!  You are such a productive woman!  I find myself sitting a lot during nap time and just trying to enjoy the peace and quiet.  I only get naps on the weekends though.  DH is good about getting stuff done and sitting for a little while during naps.

zorbs - Bummer on the tantrums.

rg - I love listening to J talk as he walks around the house.  J falls constantly.  More than usual when he is tried, but I swear he has two left feet sometimes!  Lately he has been backing in to things and bumping his head.  Then he will come up to me, touch where it hurts and make a kiss face so I know I need to kiss it!  Cute.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46