Womens Running

Happy Valentine's Day Supermoms (Read 33 times)

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - I'm thinking hill repeats, not sure, MIL is going to watch the girls so I can run outside.

TR - has music class this morning at gymboree.  She's getting excited to go to Florida, she really doesn't know what it means.  I bought a groupon for a dolphin cruise also, so she's excited to see the dolphins, but for some reason thinks they might eat her...

BR - playing with toys more, happy to stand in the exersaucer but her feet don't really touch.

FR - I have ground turkey, I was going to make a turkey meatball soup recipe in the slow cooker, I might just make up the meatballs for the soup tomorrow, have to see how much time I have - I also have some squash I could roast, I really want squash ravioli thanks to bermy Smile

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

strollermama

mrszm - Yep, just for the weekend.  He came one last month, once this month, and I will go there in March.  Then we probably won't see him again until August Sad

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Nope last night. Nope tonight.

TR: Gave him a bubble bath this morning, he was not impressed. I've never seen him sit so still in the tub.  Was alternating between being a sweetheart and a terror this morning.  He is being really stubborn about eating. The only veggies I can get him to eat a respectable amount of are canned green beans and iceberg lettuce with ranch dressing. Also I have a hard time getting him to eat anything that is not yogurt or cottage cheese, he's even being bratty about eating blueberries which are normally his favorite.

FR: Last night was baked chicken thighs and sweet potato fries. Tonight is probably turkey spaghetti.

NRR: Sick- not feeling well, but not feeling sick enough to warrant staying at home either. I have a sniffle/sneeze, tickle in my throat and my neck and shoulders are really achy. I bought this Alka Seltzer stuff my MIL said really helped her and FIL when they were sick and it tastes like toxic waste.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CTimesTwo

mer - I like sweet and sour chicken and fried rice... my mom doesn't understand why I like "north american" chinese food so much!   We call DH "papa"... I'm slowly relearning French (I took it in high school) as I listen to him talk to C... I figure I'll learn as she learns..

superspike113

Honorary Old

runnergirl- DH and I don't do much for Valentine's day either. A while ago R fell down and landed on his forehead too- at least they don't have far to fall!

zorbs- Flashmobs are so 2011 :P How long of a drive is it to Toronto?

Bermy- that is so weird about the immigration vaccinations. Our country doesn't require that from natural born citizens. I am not fully vaccinated because my mom refused on "religious grounds." I've gone back and gotten some of mine as an adult though. There is a big emphasis on Pertussis vaccine right now, Idaho is the worst state for immunazation rates.  Reid has this book called "Counting Kisses" and he kisses the baby in the book Smile

Ernie- sounds like she's getting sick or teeth.

cx2- R names off all the people he knows- Mama, Dada, Jody, Trudy, Papa, even the dog, but he won't say Grandma and it drives MIL crazy.

Mer- sounds like you guys exchanged some nice gifts Smile

armama- DH sent me flowers yesterday, I gave him a photo collage card of some pictures of him and Reid together at the park but that's all.

shelbyjo- Having a weatherproof shield on your stroller will be really helpful, Hunter will stay warmer.

mzm- Why would you be in the bathroom?  I remember watching the final episode of Friends when I was in college, sad Sad  Oh and the Janet Jackson nipple exposure at the superbowl happened when I lived in the dorms too LOL.  Sorry your niece and nephew are holy terrors- are they those "un-schooling" free-range children types?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

mrszackmorris

spike: the breadsticks/pizza send me straight to the bathroom with instant intestinal issues thus missing friends. like i take a bite and can hear my stomach gurgline. still worth it though. yup, i remember watching the last episode of friends. now i do my naptime treadmill runs on the fact that i can watch reruns while running. the niece and nephew are more like the "my parents don't discipline me and i run the show" type of kids. annoying beyond belief.

BermyHorse

Morning Supermom Team!

Rg – I love to hear fast runners talk out loud about their thoughts on pace. It really helps me to learn that running is an evolution and a work in progress. OOwwiiiee on road rash on forehead. I had roadrash on my forehead all across it in a big thick scab from a snow boarding accident once on ice. It looked badass and I am fortunate not to have a scar. Kids’ skin is so regenerating. You are so sweet to your DH for pretzel treats.

Zorbs – yes on relearning how to live life. I basically had to relearn what to do when I got in from work. It usually went like this: open door, drop bag, drop keys, take off heels, open fridge, pour gin and tonic. Sit and drink. Repeat. I think I just replaced it with obsessive running, obsessive crafts and obsessive healthy cooking. The hardest parts were: parting ways with most of my friends (they were also drunks), having no where to go on weekend nights (I used to be a work hard, party hard girl) and work functions which ALL revolved around drinking. Being a sober SAHM suits me just great!

Spike – agree on the standard for me to get into USA is pretty high. I hope there is not a citizenship quiz. I am not asking for citizenship just permanent residence. I am not even asking for the right to work. All I want to do is live with my US husband and US son. The irony is that because DS is American (he is dual, British and American), he wouldn’t have needed to have had any vaccs. He has had them, but that’s not the point. Rant over. I don’t mind having them it’s just more admin, more expense and some of it will be duplication and unnecessary. Sorry you are sick (again?). Hope that toxic waste does something to dull the aches.

Ernie – ha ha on your val day gift. I think I will be doing that too without the steak and eggs. Yes I did the hills with stroller (I originally typed that as kills – Freudian slip) and with high knees where possible. I have 2 rest days coming so end is in sight. I am gonna kill my workout today.

Cx2 – enjoy getting your hair trimmed. I think your DD is saying more than my DS and he is 17mo. He is like the silent ninja.

Mer – very thoughtful gift exchange in your house. You guys are so sweet. I am crap at sitting still. It drives DH nuts sometimes. I knit a hat and booties for Jilliebean whilst I was reading racing weight book on my kindle whilst I was watching a movie. I hope there aren’t dropped stitches. And I missed half of the movie.

Arm – YAY on winning your tennis match – super! We don’t do anything special for v-day either. I am hoping the vaccination doctor sees reason and sense.

Shelby – I really admire your work ethic. You are a hardcore chic. You are determined and ambitious and I admire you for that. Enjoy that run! What topics are you studying now? I am interested in hearing about what you’re up to. I am not afraid of needles. Bring it on people is what I think.

Mrszm – I am sad for your brother and SIL’s kids. Poor little girl. No celebration just the chip. We are so low key (I think you rightly called me a simple girl one time!). Yes, very excited to be in a house that I can call home for an indefinite period of time and grow old in, hopefully. Overwhelmed about setting up a home which is totally empty. I have learnt a lot about vaccines in the past week!

CA – I did hill yesterday and it was seriously awesome. Enjoy. Wish we could run them together! Are you getting excited for your trip? How long are you going for? Are you staying with family? Do you want me to add the squash ravioli recipe to fb?

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

strollermama

bermy - I am studying a lot of things.  To name a few classes and current lectures...pharmacology (lots of drugs), emergency medicine (today's lecture is on environmental emergencies like hypothermia and altitude sickness), pediatric med (kidney disease and UTIs), adult med (arthritis), orthopedics (hands), behavioral med (suicide) to name a few Smile.  We have to pack a lot in to our 2 years.  We basically learn the same things as in med school, but we just have less years of residency and internship.

I forgot to ask you, I was thinking about you yesterday on my run and was wondering how you ended up in Bermuda?

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

BermyHorse

shelby - your classes are so diverse and so specific. very interesting. I applied to ads in a teaching newspaper called "Times Educational Supplement" - they have it online. My job (teacher - no managerial post added) was in the international section. I was a runner, liked yacht racing and scuba diving and though Bermuda would be a great fit. Plus salary was triple my UK salary and tax free. I also applied to Cayman Islands, Jersey, BVI, Guernsey, Gibraltar, Bahamas and some other places. The Bermuda interview was the first. I was 22. The guy bought me a beer at the bar (back in the drinking days), then another, then another and I got the job there and then. He didn't even look at my portfolio. Hilarious now I look back.

runninmer

shelby - Funny how people we interact with online are in our thoughts so often.  I think about all of the ladies on here quite frequently.  One of my favorites is when J is picking his nose, I think of spike!  Smile

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

Mer- Haha! I like that people think of me when it comes to farts, nudity, and nose picking ;P  I'm a dignified lady don'tcha know!

Oh I just realized that I forgot to wear any makeup to work. I have some wicked dark circles going on today, blerg.

BermyHorse

spike - when running my coach farts, burps, poops, pees, spits, sweats, swears, smells. To look at her not running she just looks simply beautiful and so trim and athletic. Little do people know what running does to us.

Marathonjen

I’m late to the party!

Rg – Wowza on the miles…how do you fit them in with working FT?  I am lucky to get 5 in most days.  It makes me question if I could even train for a marathon.  Poor R and his roadrash.  Glad he was ok.  Sweet about your card from DH.

Zorbs – Boo to B’s tantrum.  Hope your run went well this morning.  How was your trip to Toronto with your friend?  I like your nail polish!!

Bermy – Hope your speed work goes/went well.  Great job on all the packing you have done.  Congrats to you on your anniversary!  You are a determined and strong lady!

Ernie – I hope you had a great brunch out with DH today…what a great idea.  Sorry about the rough day with S yesterday…hope today is better.

Ctimes – Glad you got your orthodics issues sorted out.  Cute about C talking.  I hope your hair feels much better.

Mer – I love your Valentine gift…lucky lady.  Boo to J not napping yesterday.  I hope your day goes fast…I hate PT Conferences.  Are these scheduled?  I hope you can get work done.

Arm – I hope you can get your run.  How were the V-day parties?

Shelby – Great job on the run.  I hope you get to try out your weather shield…I need to get one.  I hope you are able to get to H’s daycare for the smoothie making..what a cute idea.  Sounds like H and J have a similar bug…boo.

Mrszm – I love bowling…I would be joining you if I were there.  Cute about the French braids.  I hope DD1 has fun at her party.  LOL to C’s explosion…sounds like my morning.  J leaked through his diaper (with poo) the last 3 poops he has had.  Enjoy the pizza…I always here about that place and never had it.

CA – Yay for MIL watching the girls so you can run.  I bet you guys are all excited for FL…we are going in April!

Spike – J is going through something similar with his eating.  He now wants all soft foods…I have to spoon feed him yogurt or those fruit and veggie packets because he won’t take them any other way.  He will eat some finger foods but not much any more.  Sorry to hear you are sick.  I hope you recover quickly.  I feel like I am getting something too…I have the start of a sore throat.  Bleck.

RR - SRD...Did 5 yesterday dodging ice and puddles.

TR - Woke up at 10:30 with a croupy cough and struggling to breath so I gave him his inhaler for the first time and it seemed to work a bit.  He slept for 4 hours and then was up at 2:30 on and off until I got him up at 5:30...then he had a really watery poop.  He didn't have a fever but I didn't feel right sending him to daycare as I knew they would probably make me come get him.  So I had to take today off to stay with him.  He is napping now and I have heard him cough a few times but hopefully he takes  a long nap.

NRR - J and I got a lot done this morning.  We dropped stuff off at daycare for their Valentine's party even though he can't go.  Then we grocery shopped, got my tire fixed AGAIN (apparently there was a nail in it...um did I hit another one or did they not see Monday when I was in there?)  Then we came home, cleaned the downstairs and vacuumed, played in the snow, had lunch, and now J is napping.  I need to finish cleaning the upstairs.

NRR#2 - DH left V-day cards for him in a secret drawer and then had a dozen roses and 1/2 dozen calla lilies sent to me...they are gorgeous but I hate when he spends so much on something that is going to die.  Very sweet though.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Jen- I feel the same way about flowers. Very beautiful but kind of a waste. I might take mine home and play with my camera tonight. Luckily R has gotten good with the spoon and he is pretty efficient at eating yogurt. He sometimes reaches in with his hand to get the last bit LOL. The only way I can get him to eat most foods now is to give him a sauce to dip it in. I hope J feels better soon and you don't get sick. My illness isn't too bad, but I can feel it going into my lungs so that's gonna suck.

runninmer

spike - J is a dipping maniac!  I almost feel like I can't have ketchup on the side because he will want it.  Although, he dips, licks it off, and then wants to dip again.  Not eat what he is dipping.  Crazy kid! Smile

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46