Womens Running

There it is Thursday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

And there it is.

Tessa-yes it is sad.

Off to the gym.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday I did a cardio/light hand weights alternating in intervals workout. It was only 30 minutes but was I ever tired afterwards! I must do that DVD every now and then. I only used 1 pound wts for it. Most mornings a week I do a quick set of upper arm exercises with 3 pound wts.

Today will depend on getting errands done since our weather is supposed to moderate. Why is it only 8 ° out there now?

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

I would like to go back to Florida please. I ended up with a rest day yesterday - too many meetings and too much travel to fit a run in. My plan said rest/XT anyway. 9 on the schedule for after work today.

Tessa, I did not see the Sunday New York Times - what did I miss?

Hi to all! Work is overwhelming after two days stuck in meetings, so I must get busy.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Morning all,

Did my 5 mile DVD this morning.  I am telling you, it really gives me a workout.

Lisa...sad about your coworker,  One of my co-workers has 2 daughters that suffer from Bi-Polar, it is quite a challenge.

Judy...I would like to know why it is still only 8 outside too.  I think maybe it has climbed to 10 or 12 by now....still freakin' cold.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I ended up taking an SRD yesterday, so 6 recovery miles tonight.  Took Trixie and Rubio to the vet.  Trixie got her follow up for liver and Rubio has a dental cleaning.  The poor boy has not eaten since 11pm last night and now they tell me the surgery is at 2pm.  No food for him, the misery!

Lisa, enjoy the gym.

Judyruns, that's considered moderate?

Karen, enjoy the 9 later.

Ginny, nice DVD workout.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

The sleet/ice has melted (some bridges are still closed) and I am back at work.  Looking forward to running this afternoon.  The gym has been closed and it was too slick and cold to run outside.  Supposed to be in the 40s today.

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/26/business/the-tale-of-a-house-and-an-entire-market.html let me know if you need me to email the article to you, the NYT has a 10 article limit per month for nonsubscribers.

Judy, if that DVD tired you out, yes, add it to the rotation.

Lisa, how'd the gym workout go?

Ginny, 5 mile DVD -- do you run on the TM or is it the equivalent of 5 miles? Or do you run 5 miles on the road kicking it in front of you?

Damaris, he hasn't eaten since 11 PM and he won't have the procedure until 2 PM? Boy is he going to be pissed off at you. And hungry.

4.5 with RN this morning. She needs to find a way to get faster workouts in a couple of days a week, I'm so much slower than she is. Her DH doesn't want to get up with her (he was so happy when she and I started running in the morning) and our other neighbour doesn't want to get up that early either. I suggested that we could start out and she could go faster/farther than I do, we turn around at the same time and she catches up with me. That might work.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1 for me. Stomach was really really bad. It has been months since it did that. So I haven't eaten all day other than a banana. I hate my stomach.

Maybe be my stomach was off because I dreamed Lisa Ginny and I were doing a race inside some huge building. Not really because i ate one thing different yesterday so that did it but funny with the dream. Ginny was way far ahead of us. We started way way in the back. I was DFL and got stopped at some security check thing and they wouldn't let me continue. Lisa took off so I was all by myself.

Lisa it sounds like she has some kind if psych issue going on.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Karen, http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/26/business/the-tale-of-a-house-and-an-entire-market.html let me know if you need me to email the article to you, the NYT has a 10 article limit per month for nonsubscribers.

Judy, if that DVD tired you out, yes, add it to the rotation.

Lisa, how'd the gym workout go?

Ginny, 5 mile DVD -- do you run on the TM or is it the equivalent of 5 miles? Or do you run 5 miles on the road kicking it in front of you?

Damaris, he hasn't eaten since 11 PM and he won't have the procedure until 2 PM? Boy is he going to be pissed off at you. And hungry.

4.5 with RN this morning. She needs to find a way to get faster workouts in a couple of days a week, I'm so much slower than she is. Her DH doesn't want to get up with her (he was so happy when she and I started running in the morning) and our other neighbour doesn't want to get up that early either. I suggested that we could start out and she could go faster/farther than I do, we turn around at the same time and she catches up with me. That might work.

Right?  Fortunately, I dropped him off there at 9am and he behaved quite well while waiting.  Unfortunately, that will piss him off more when I get to pick him up.  But he loves me, so yay?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Tessa, that's funny. You probably ran by that house when you were here - it's on one of the main roads of my neighborhood. At least it's good to know that I live in "a desirable middle-class suburb of Washington"! I remember the overgrown lawn and it sitting empty for awhile. I wish we'd sold ours when other houses were going for >$500,000!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Well Marjorie we know it was a dream if I was way ahead of everyone!  LOL!  Hope your tummy feels better.

Tessa.....It 5 miles of jogging, kicking, power walking, etc etc....so equivalent of 5 miles, but it works for me!  funny about kicking it in front of me!

Karen...I want to go back to Florida too, but its been about 4 years for me!

Ginny

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I also remember my Garmin said I was doing 13.01 min miles.  I found that weird in the dream that I was doing that for the race.

Ginny you you were doing so well at this race!

Marjorie

ginnyb

I just remembered that I had a dream the other night about running too....one of those where you are kind of running, but floating too...love those dreams, just wish it would really happen.  It wasnt last night though, so I guess are dreams did not intertwine...

Ginny

Ginny-Guess this makes us Dream Girls! Thanks Marjorie!

Tessa-gym was fine. 3.25 miles on the tm.

Lisa