Womens Running

Typical Tuesday Supermoms (Read 350 times)

runnergirl9508

Good Morning Supermoms~

RR: teaching HIT class this morning, so it will be a cardio core workout at 6AM for me. 5 miles on my lunch break at work as well today.

Hoping it's less windy than yesterday- I ran 10K, with the second half directly into a 20mph headwind. Doh!

TR: since it was nice and sunny out, I took him outside to play yesterday, and he had a blast! Ran all over the backyard for about 20 minutes, then we walked down to the park and played on the swings for a bit.

NRR: Work has been very busy lately- New Year's Resolutioners. I'm hoping to pick up a few more training clients before they all forget how to get to the gym by Valentines Day.

From yesterday:

Bermy- congrats on the house!!! Good luck with the closing, packing, and moving! So glad that DS has been so good for you through it all.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 4ish miles with Sam, new route, hope we don't get lost.

TR - when he doesn't want to get out of the bath, even after I pull the plug, he sits on the drain to prevent the water getting out.

FR - chicken pie, salad.

~~~~~~~~~~

rg - we haven't had a flood of new PT come in, but I saw the lame-o 9:30am cardio/tiny weights class had about 50 people in it yesterday - ALL Resolutionists.  *sigh*

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

rg - yikes on the wind - was it still better that running on a treadmill though?  Hope you can pick up a few more PT clients.

zorbs - I love that B sits on the drain, how smart!  Where did you run today?

RR - 6 miles easy yesterday, 4 miles today (6 x 400m intervals) both on TM.  I discovered that I really needed those new shoes.  My left knee has been sore every run - no pain at all with the new shoes.  the woman at the LRS knew right away that my knee was bothering me, just from looking at the wear on the shoe.

RR #2 - DH wants to run a 1 hour trail run on Saturday.  I am thinking of joining him and just using it as a training run, not sure yet - I haven't done many long runs lately...

NRR - DD2 went to the eye doctor yesterday.  of course the thing in her eye was gone by the time we got there...

FR - ended up making spaghetti last night b/c MIL is bringing pea soup for supper tonight. YUM!!

runnergirl9508

zorbs- ha, that's funny about B sitting on the drain. R looooooves bath time too and will splash until every last drop of water goes down the drain. yeah, i taught the 10am circuit class yesterday, which is also known as the coffee club. seriously, they sit around and drink coffee longer than they workout. and they are the queens of the 2# db's.

r-eh- glad the new shoes helped w/ the knee aches and pains! simple fixes like that are always great. oooh, an hour on the trails sounds awesome to me! yes, outside into the wind still beats a TM any day in my book. enjoy your dinner with MIL today!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Erniegirl

RR - Bermy-inspired workout today! I am going to do 1k repeats with 2 min active rest. I think Bermy does 5 repeats, but I will only be attempting 3 repeats to avoid killing myself. Feeling kind of tight, so time to dig out the yoga dvd tonight.

BR - She invented a new game last night in which she crawls after the vacuum cleaner and tries to throw herself on top of it. It made vacuuming rather fun. Library program this morning.

FR - Making calzones tonight, stuffed with spinach, ricotta and mushrooms.

NRR - Between now and March 9, we have 2 weddings to attend, plus I have a bachelorette party to plan/attend, a shower to attend, a half marathon to race and DH has a bachelor party to throw. It just occurred to me that in the midst of all this will be S's first birthday (Feb 22) so we need to plan something for that, too. I am suddenly feeling overwhelmed.

~~~~~~~~~

rg - Ugh, cold wind in the face is the worst! Hope you can snag some new clients - are the resolutioners still out in full force?

Zorbs - very clever of B to sit on the drain! From yesterday: yeah, I always thought the Mississauga course would have to be boring compared to the Toronto course. The Toronto medals really are spectacularly huge. I was contemplating doing the Toronto marathon this spring but DH talked me out of it. If only I'd joined this forum sooner,  I would not have been so easily dissuaded.

Running eh - Yay for aches and pains immediately disappearing with new shoes! I've never tracked my mileage before, so I've always just bought new shoes when things start to hurt like that. Now I'm using the logs on this website, so I will be a bit more proactive. Hopefully the weather is good for the trail run. Trails in January have the potential to get pretty crazy!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Marathonjen

rg - Have a great class today.  I wish I was able to workout during the workday...I think I should have chose a different profession...or become a PE teacher instead of a business teacherSmile  Such a cute pic of R running outside yesterday!!  Looks so nice and fun.

zorbs - Do you and your RP run the same pace??  LOL to B sitting on the drain...at least he is smart and figured that out!

eh! - Great job on the runs...you just reminded me that I need to bust out my new shoes my current ones have over 400 miles and I am starting to feel it.  I think you should run with DH...it would be something different and challenging.  You would just have to go easy.  I wish my DH ran that would be something fun to do together.

RR - 5 miles yesterday...5-6 is the plan for today.  Not sure if it will be outside or TM it will depend on the weather when I leave.

TR - Woke up 3x last night coughing so hard...I thought by now he would start to get better.  DH and agreed that the frequency of his coughing has gone down but the duration of his fits are longer.  Ugh...He seriously coughed for about 2 straight minutes 3 different times last night.  I am tired.  His poor little nose was all crusted with snot and it would not come off and then he was crying because I was wiping so hard.  Daycare is probably not impressed with us right now...oh well.  He is still in pretty good spirits...just has some more cranky times than usual.

NRR - Had a great talk with DH last night.  I HATE talking about stuff because I get super nervous and then forget what I want to say.  I wanted to make sure it was a productive talk and not a fight or overly emotional.  I only cried once but he really opened up about everything and his thoughts so that was good.  We did decide that we will try for baby #2 for awhile but will not pursue interventions if they are necessary.  DH is really worried about his age and being a dad when he is older, however, he said he LOVES being a dad.  That was nice to hear.

FR - Not sure...I didn't really plan anything out this week and I should have as DH is home and we are trying to eat as a family...If I get home at 5 with J I only have 30 min to get dinner on the table for the family...any easy suggestions??

Marathonjen

Ernie - Sounds like you have a lot on your plate in the next 2 months.  Take it one at a time...make some lists and stay organized...you'll get through it.  What will you do for S's birthday?  Have a great speed workout.  You all have inspired me to incorporate some into my runs...maybe today will be a speed workout!  LOL to the vacuum thing...J does the same thing.  It started as crawling and now he walks and try to jump on the canister part...sometimes he helps push it around.  He is obsessed with the vacuum.

Erniegirl

Jen - Good idea about making lists to keep things organized! I'm not sure about S's birthday. It would be nice if we could do something small with just family, but my parents are divorced and hate each other, so it will be less awkward for everyone if we have a bigger party so they don't have to interact. Super annoying and ridiculous that they can't be amicable. I'm so glad you had a talk with DH and it went well! Are you going to start TTC for baby #2 soon? Poor DS and his cough. Coughs always seem to get worse at night.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

strollermama

Good morning.  Quick post!

RR:  10 m on the schedule today.  Wasn't sure how I would be able to do that with the crazy schedule today so I woke up at 5 and ran 4.5 mi.  Hopefully I get done early enough to do the rest with DS in the stroller later.

BR:  Bad night again Sad  I got up with him 3 times and then just left him the other times.  I almost wonder if it is night terrors because he just cries and there is nothing wrong...he is fed, changed, ibuprofen on board for teeth, etc.  Poor guy.

NRR:  Feeling really overwhelmed with school.  School used to be a place I enjoyed going because I had so many close friends in my class.  But now that I have dropped one class back it is just awkward.  I am the new girl as an adult which feels so wierd.  And they have all been a class together for 1.5 years so many cliques have formed.  The class is also younger I believe so they seem extremely immature.  I honestly am not really looking to make friends but more so, just finish this one semester.  I am still very close with all my girlfriends in my old class.  It is just sad to no longer be excited to go to school.  Hope this semester flys by!

Personals (mostly from yesterday- I wrote them all when I got home last night, haha.  Cheating I know!

RG – I feel you on the weekend.  It was my last weekend of freedom, aka no studying for a long time!

Zorbs – Which marathon?  Number 8…that is so impressive!

Eh – Your date night sounded like a blast.  So glad you had a good time.

Jen – Sorry to hear about your date night from the other night but glad to hear you had a constructive talk.  Also very exciting about TTC again.  Do you feel like he addressed your other needs of wanting to spend more time together?

Mrszm – Are you looking to adopt?

Cx2 – Exact same story regarding the earring happened to me the other day.

Jmiller – Great job on your run and not being sore.

Spike – Too funny about the rainboots.

Uphill – Sorry you are feeling so bad.  Did you have morning sickness with your last pregnancy?

bermy - So exciting about the house!  Any words on the green card?

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

running eh

ernie - hope your workout goes well - you are ambitious!  Your dinner sounds great, can I come?  Funny about DD and the vacuum cleaner, my DD1 was always terrfied of the vacuum, she is almost 7 and she still hates noise.  Your next few months sounds busy and expensive - have fun with all that partying Smile

mjen - glad you had a good talk with DH.  I know what you mean about being nervous.  I am really bad at debating and discussing!  Hope you have a good day today, and I hope DS gets a bit better again today.  My quick dinners are usually some sort of pasta, but often, when I have very little time, we end up with take out or burgers from the freezer.

mrszackmorris

rr: 3.1 this morning with rp.  It was 8F and i might have actually dressed a bit too warm. my hair froze though...

rr2: ART this morning thankfully.

br: still coughing. might call dr today today to see what she says.

tr: 4k registration opens soon for dd2 and i emailed dd2s current 4k teacher to see if i needed to camp out black friday style to make sure i get her in the session i want.

tr: dd2 has a nasty gunky cough. It sounds so gross. Poor girl.

fr: I am thinking chili tonight since it is so cold.

qotd: all the CSA talk made me look into local ones. What do i need to know before i choose one? Cost? Foods? Amount of food?

armmama

good morning all

RR - hoping to get out for a run today.  It's pouring rain and thunderstorming now but keeping my fingers crossed it lets up for a little while so I can get outside.  I ran on the TM for a little bit yesterday and hated it.  I feel so awkward on the TM.  Plus there are only 2 at my gym so I can't count on one being available.

BR - kind of BR but AF showed this morning for the first time since L was born!  16 months pp, I think that is a record for me.  He is still breastfeeding but only at naptime and bedtime and has been STTN for a while so I thought I'd get it back sooner.  She could have stayed away forever for all I care but it is nice not to be wondering when anymore.

FR - am hoping to make some chicken in the crock pot that we can make into tacos or wraps or something.  Hoping the kids will eat it, even though it will have, gasp!, something green on it (cilantro).

NRR - need to pay some bills today, I just realized I am falling behind!  Paying off our car loan though, that will feel great!

rg - my gym is really small so the NY Resolutioners are kind of annoying.  I guess that's me this year though since I just stepped inside the gym yesterday for the first time in months.  ha

zorbs - funny about the bath.  My girls LOVE the bath and sit in there after the water turns cold, I don't know how they can stand it.

eh - interesting that they could tell about your knee pain from the shoes!  Did they eye doctor at least have an idea what the thing could have been?  At least it's gone!

ernie - wow you have a busy couple of months!  Kids birthdays overwhelm me by themselves.  I still haven't planned a thing for DD1's birthday which is 1 week from tomorrow.

jen - I'm so glad you had a nice productive talk with DH!  How old is he?  I was just thinking the other day how we will be 10 years older than our parents when L is our age.  My favorite quick meal is shrimp pasta.  We always keep uncooked shrimp in the freezer and it's super easy to throw together.  Shrimp and garlic cooked in olive oil, a can of diced tomatoes, some cayenne and rosemary thrown together with spaghetti.  We like it and our kids always like pasta.

shelby - ugh, I'm sorry on the wakeups.  Hopefully just a short phase that will pass soon!  Go you for getting up early and running though!  I would just try to get through school too at this point.  Maybe there will be someone who you can at least talk to sometimes.  I'd hope not every young person is immature, but sometimes it sure seems like it!

BermyHorse

RR: Day 5 nashville. still on running break. I keep hoping to find 30 mins to jump on hotel treadmill but we are pretty much crammed in our schedule. Maybe... or maybe not. I am ok with either. We leave on Thurs a.m. so I will be back to normal routine soon.

NRR: going to look at fridges, washing machines and dryers, as well as furniture today and to explore subdivision.

BR: He has mastered the art of sitting in a restaurant and relaxing a bit before eating. That's the first time we have been able to relax a little and not treated it as a military operation. Before he had no patience and if he wasn't eating, he wanted to get out of chair/down/go. Progress.

FR: eating out. Hoping for Panera bread.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

mrszackmorris

rg: so nice you got outside. It is so cold here the girls would not last more than 10 seconds outside.

zorbs: have fun on the new route! what do you usually do for salad?

eh: every time i go to the lrs i forget to bring my old shoes with me but i feel like they would tell a lot based on wear. I was having the weird knee/ankle pain so i figure i need new shoes too.

ernie: holy man it sounds like you are going to be quite the busy mama! Ditto jen...i make lots of lists for stuff i have to get done.

jen: so so glad you and dh talked it out last night! And yay for baby making! Boo to j's cough. It sounds like are little guys are going through the same thing right now. the recipe i made last night was super easy and took like 20 minutes tops and was awesome!

shelby: do your parents help out with daycare for your little guy? Use your maturity to your advantage! we decided to seriously look into adoption.

mrszackmorris

Arm: i love paying off car loans. They seem like such a nuisance! Ahhh AF man i hate her but agree that it is nice to not wonder any longer when she is going to show up.

bermy: have fun shopping! mmmm panera! Love that place!