Womens Running

Tottering Along Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post!

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Monday I picked up the lettuce and met friends at the track. A good 35 minute run helped keep my spirits up. It's interesting how grieving tends to help you think of fun and positive old memories. Grief counseling helped me a great deal when Mom died. It has continued to be very helpful.

Today will be a track run at the gym.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - How comforting to have fun and positive memories to go to.....sounds like you are doing ok?   Hugs.

Up early and did a hill workout at the High School track and bleechers with RB.   We meet at 5:45 - there were 5 other people there...course, it is supposed to be 90 and humid today, so guess everyone was up and out early.

Hi to all!

Carol

LC Runs

Hi Ladies!

Hope everyone is doing well, I am anxious for this work week to be over as I'm on vacation next week   We've rented a lake cottage for the week and looking forward to rest and relaxation.

Running's been going well.  I ran 5 this morning, 3 Monday, 5 ish both Saturday and Sunday up at my Mom's.  I'm racing a 10K this Saturday, haven't done one of those in a couple of years.

Hi Judy - glad to hear you're doing well!

LC Runs

Hi Carol - nice workout for you this morning, I hate that the mornings are staying dark later, boo hoo.

Cindy - we're really humid now, but cooler temps are coming tomorrow, one extreme to another

Karen - a 54 mile week sounds pretty darn good in my book.  Enjoy Columbus

Marjorie - hope you enjoyed your rest day yesterday and the wireless is all set.

Ginny - I only rarely deal with black toenails, but, like you, I had a lot of them when I started running.

Tessa - wow, that is a busy weekend.  It feels good to cross things off the 'to do' list!

Lisa - I'm trying to savor every day of summer, it is going by too fast for me!

Sue - nice 10 miles.  My job is much the same, just feel like I'm treading water many days.

Hi Susan - I'm out of the loop, which race are you referring to?

ginnyb

Goodmorning,

I ran 4 miles this morning, and once again, it was a great run!  I still don't know what is going on, but I hope it doesn't end for a long time.

I kind of understand my legs feeling pretty good, what I don't get is why, all of a sudden, I am so much faster with no effort.  Oh well, I will stop wondering and just enjoy I guess.

Beautiful day here today, a real summer day which is rare around here.  The summer is going much too fast and hate to think of seasons to come, except for Fall...Fall is ok, but still not ready for it.  Already it is darker in the mornings, which makes me sad.

I better get going and be back later.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1. I have Pilates later.  New wifi finally got installed, even if the tech was almost 3 hours late outside the arrival time Window of 2 to 4. He got here well after 630.  They had called to say he was running late. Um.....very late. I didn't think he would show. He wasn't too bright. when asked how to change the user nMe and password from the defaults he said it was all in the booklet up by the router. Well, he didn't leave a booklet. At least they are available online so I could find it and go in and update the stuff from default names  and overly simple passwords. It all works, so that is a good thing.

Back later  for personals.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Pilates done.

DH was given a take home car for work today so when he gets home I have to take him back to city hall to pick up his car.  They've talked about doing this for a long time and just now decided to do it since he needs it when he gets called out to a fire. So him having to always scrounge for a car or go back to city hall to get keys to one makes sense to let him have one to take home.

Judy grief counseling is great.  I wish my dad would have used it after my mom died.  He had the service since she worked for hospice but he wouldn't use it.

Carol I was wondering what kind of track had hills until I saw you did the bleachers.

Laura that should be relaxing.

Ginny just remember all these good runs.  Take them.  You've earned them

Marjorie

Hi all,

I am so tired I could fall asleep and its only 7:30.  And I've done nothing today - well except teach this am (8-11) and then meet with various individuals and groups until 4:30.  Came home, helped with dinner, cleaned up, washed my son's backpack, and now... I want to sleep. Sad

Judy, hope you had a good track run. Yes, grief counseling can be very helpful.

Carol, did you run up and down the bleachers?  That was one thing I never did.  Actually I wish I had done more of the down part - mainly to work on balance.  I think walking backward on the treadmill at a 15% slope was helpful with strengthening my calf muscles to deal with the downhill part of backpacking.  It was just the balance part I struggled with.  Sad

LCRuns, glad the runs have gone well.  Good luck on Saturday with the 10K.  I'm sure you'll do great.  I'm running the Kensington Marathon on Sunday in Kensington Metro Park.  Its my first. I'm just hoping to finish.  Anything will be a PR.

Ginny, So glad you had another awesome run!!!  I agree, you earned them!  Can you send me some of those vibes for Sunday?  I agree, where has the summer gone?  Classes will begin in just about 5 weeks and I am NOT  ready!!! 

Marjorie, hope you had a great Pilates session.  Makes sense on the car.

May just call today a SRD and then run a few miles in the morning when it is cooler.  I really don't feel like even walking outside when it is 82 and humid.  Yeah, I shouldn't complain.  Today is the warmest day we've had in MI and was supposed to be the first day over 90 but it only hit 87.  I really should not complain!

Arimathea

Tessa

Quick post. 5.3 with RN this morning, then 7.2 on the TM at lunch.