Womens Running

HUMP day Wednesdays! (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Thats what she said.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.2 speed work miles for me. 3 of those 7 were tempo.

Pretty good run considering the dew point out there. I had a hard time catching my breath on the tempo miles. It was 64 with 62 dewpoint. Not full blown summer but my body isn't used to running in that crap. My legs are also trashed from Body Pump yesterday. Phew!

Like Run4kupcakes, we are expected to get some record highs today. I feel so weird wearing a sleeveless top to work in FEBRUARY! My whiteness is going to blind people.

Okay I am out of here..we have a huge audit today. Everyone is walking on egg shells. NOT ME. LOL Smile

Judy – The puddles in shoes are annoying but you get used to them after a while. Hope you had a good trail run yesterday!

Karen – Nice miles the past two days. Even feeling off you still got out there – you badass, you. Hope you are feeling back to yourself today!

Laura – Interview is tomorrow! How is the basement? AWWW so happy you are fostering!! She is so cute!! I bet you end up adopting her Smile

Kilmisters – Wow, nice workout yesterday. Miles plus floorball..don’t know how you do it. But I guess that is like doing a double Smile For your sake – I hope shit doesn’t hit the fan today. Your excitement on the weekend game schedule made me LOL.

Run2trail – NO NO NO you can’t get sick before a race!!! Wash those hands and make DH stay in another room haha. Ew, that Grandma’s Marathon experience sounds awful. The weather part anyway. I hope I get this too! I am not counting on it though. I used to do that every interview..not anymore! Interview experience regardless!

Tessa – YAY for lunchtime miles! Thanks for the clarification on “position the car”. Man..thats a lot haha. I wouldn’t drive downtown either.

Run4kupcakes – Nice miles yesterday. I was thinking the SAME thing when I was wearing shorts out there!! This is too quick of a jump in temperatures if you ask me. Our temperatures today are supposed to reach record highs.

OH - I know we are still over a week out from the race - but I weather stalked and it says low 40 high 60. A little warm for my liking..but that still would be GREAT weather! I am sure it will change 50x. Haha.

Happy Wednesday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Core this morning.  Nice break.

Yesterday I cut the grass after work and helped DF with some ceiling work on the patio.  I really want to just go home and sit! Lenten services tonight, and we are making soup to share before the service.

Dinosaur Valley--Glen Rose is about 30 minutes from Dad's farm. Tough terrain --can be quite rocky. Already sold out?? I didn't look at the date bc I know it is not in the cards for me.

Have a great day!!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday I went out onto the trail for a 50 minute run. River is really high and fast but the puddles elsewhere are receding. I saw two enormous birds and I think it was the Ospreys returning to scope out their nest.

Today I plan to go out the trail again rain or not.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

dhuffman63

Trails

5 on the TM last night.  Today I just feel tired.  Later I have to go work on documenting the Tribe's financial statements and do it in such a way as to avoid any political missteps.  Fun times.

Lizzie we are at a high of 31 again today...the weather is doing nothing but bouncing around.  My race is still 30 days out so no point in weather stalking yet but I sure hope it's nice.  I'm already tired of icky cold weather.  If it's too bad on race day I may just volunteer at one of the indoor aid stations.

Good luck on interview tomorrow.

Judy how cool the ospreys are back.  Some days I count lots of hawks perched on the telephone poles on the way to and from work.  Other days like today I hope they are tucked into their nests.

Sue, I've done so good with my "give up dairy for Lent" I may just keep going.  I've lost a couple of pounds, no bloating, and feel better when I don't eat cheese.  I switched to rice milk some time ago but the cheese has been hard.

Lisa meant to tell you, DD just got a part time job as an HR assistant...she starts Mar 5th at a cancer treatment center.  She'll finish her HR degree in July.  I'm so proud of her.  Thank you for the information on HR jobs.

Diana, I hope you aren't getting sick! My coworker has 2 young girls and they both have the flu.  I told him to not bring it in here...lol.  My boss said it's ok if I want to wear a mask at work.

Karen...may I ask you a training/racing question?  I know you run and do speed work and for the most part I do a walk with a little bit of run in but lately I've been averaging anywhere from high 14 min miles to high 15 min even on the longer walks.  Granted it's the TM but the Prairie Spirit 50k is a rail trail.  Is a 9 hour 50k within reason?  I know there will be some time lost at aid stations but Lisa showed me how to minimize my time there.  I'm looking at a 17 min mile to calculate a 9 hour completion.

Seloc

Kat – wow, 4 ½ hour drive after flying.  You are driving that solo, right?  You can DO it!!  Sounds like quite the adventure.  Hey, whine all you want around here!

Cathy – no DNA test over here.  I’m a mutt haha and no real interest in learning more.  Not sure why.  I know my mom’s side is all German and my dad is a mixed breed.  That will be interesting, though!  For DD, too.  Whew is right for your soon to be new coworker at least knowing what she’s getting into moving to WI haha.  Oh, yes, ugly winter indeed.  Though we are getting a “freshen up” again tomorrow.  Sigh.  I’d rather have ugly and on it’s way out at this point!!

Laura – OH NO on the “interesting” morning.  I had that EXACT problem at my old house but luckily that side of the basement was unfinished and the water would make a path to the drain so it wasn’t horrible to clean up.  I don’t have a basement now that I’m in a townhome but I think it’s pretty normal around here for basements.  You ran after drinking a beer?  How do you do that?!  OMG that little pupper is so SO cute!  How will you ever give her up??  I bet ya won’t!!

Lizzie – haha I’ve done that leave the jacket and shoes in the car and put on before walking in to the interview thing.  Your weather is WEIRD.  WAY too hot for this time of year, I agree.  Um, yeah, that little class yesterday made me pretty sore.  Gosh, I like that HCBF more and more – love me a neat freak!  Volleyball practices are Mon/Wed 4:30-5:30 and games are on Tuesdays.  Latest will go until 8:30 so I should be home and in bed just after 9pm.  A touch later than normal but I should be able to handle it hee hee.  Nice miles this morning!!  Ooooh, cautiously optimistic about the race day weather!  What’s the dewpoint forecast?  That’s the kicker.  Good luck with the audit!!

Judy – lol on the Internet burping.  Good response.  In this case someone screwed up.  Not sure how that group gets away with making a change in the middle of the day but whatever.

Karen – pretty darn good miles for feeling “off” lady!

Elina – oh yeah, the conversion thing haha – makes sense now with the tenths.  I agreed to coach U12 (5th/6th grade) volleyball for the next 8 weeks.  First practice today!  I played in high school and college and coached many many years ago.  It’ll give me something to do and should be pretty fun.  Wow, that was quite the activity yesterday!  Hope today goes smooth!!  Oh  My  Gosh on your perfect weekend schedule LOL.  Hey, how old is mini-K now?  What are her latest tricks?

Diana – from hot and breezy to snowy and windy.  I guess that’s AZ for ya, right??  Stay away from the sickness!!  What year did you do Grandma’s?  2001 was quite warm (for June in MN) but at least it wasn’t humid.  I’ve spectated a couple times and one year it was HOT and I think it was 2013 (?) that it rained?  Maybe I cheered for you that year hee hee.  I am pretty serious about that Phoenix marathon next Feb – this weekend next year!  Waiting to talk to my boss at review time about the possibly of working remote for 3 months.  Once I have that conversation (and feedback on if it’s doable) will start planning a little more.  Oh for SURE we will get together!!

Rest day for me.  Sorta planned?  Basically moved Monday’s scheduled but half thought about trying to get some miles in at the gym since it’s COLD again.  But, I had to work at midnight, I’m plenty sore from yesterday so decided to sleep the extra 90min.  Felt GOOD.  Will yoga tomorrow since it’s still supposed to be bloody cold.  And then snow.  Practice today – yay!  Should be entertaining if anything.  Met a girl at the coaches meeting last night that is really good friends with one of my RBs.  I swear, the older you get the smaller the world becomes.  Happy Humping today, friends!!

LC Runs

Good Morning!

Today started better than yesterday other than I was up in the middle of the night because the puppy was crying so I didn't sleep great.  Anyhow, 2 TM miles.  I have my running stuff at work so I am hoping to do another 2 after work.  It's cold today but dry.  Basement is okay now, ugh what a mess though.  We are the lowest house on the road so all the water was running down into our yard and when it started downpouring even 3 pumps couldn't keep up with it.  BF used the F bomb many times over during the storm LOL.

Lizzie - glad you are not stressing over the audit,nothing you can really do at this point, anyway. Good luck tomorrow!!  Remind me what the job is you are interviewing for.  I hear they are doing two nurse interviews here tomorrow, but who knows.  We haven't had a supervisor or a schedule for the other office supervisors in over 2 months so I have no idea where anyone is.

Sue - sounds like a productive night!

Judy - have a great trail run!

Diane - that is awesome about DD's job!!

Sandy - have a great day!  Not only did I run after a beer, I ran in my jeans and regular clothes ha ha!  Yeah, I hope it works out with the puppy, I have to see how my male dog does, he is not real impressed at the moment 

Kilmisters

Lizzie, sleeveless top, seriously? We're all sitting wrapped in blankets in the office, w warm tea/honey/ginger on the spare table. Miles plus floorball is nice; w/o the warm up run my legs would only wake up during the last 15 or so minutes of the practice Big grin It actually tends to happen during the games too. At 1st period I am always slightly slower than the last two. And then in the 3rd it feels like I could play a 4th one too, if there was one.

Sandy, wow, that's so cool about volleyball! Go, coach!! Smile K is ~4 months old now and her favourite trick is smiling in the ''right'' moments; it always looks that she is making fun of bizarre stuff that is happening around Smile And MY favourite trick of hers is when she sleeps for more than 4hrs at a time! (Kidding Smile )

Diane, oh boy, political stuff in financial statements... Have fun. No sarcasm, tho. Have there been any political "accidents" during your audits (if you can reveal such info, of course).

The work day was a bit less stressful than expected. To clarify methodology for *the* report, I had to call our head lawyer who's working from home now but is answering calls. She's expected to give birth next month; I SO didn't want to call her, but had no choice... Was a bit surprised when she was all happy to discuss the matter and wouldn't stop talking. When I eventually said I'll try not to bother her anymore, the answer was overly excited ''Oh, no no no, it's fine; I love work!" Maybe she's just a tad bored at home... Or it's hormones Smile Will discuss the project w boss tomorrow. She waved a small stickynote w bulletpoints and said there will be three other things to discuss; when I jokingly asked - on the scale 1-10 how much I will dislike those - she froze for good 5 seconds and said ''Seven. But now when you're expecting the worst, it's probably five.'' Ooooh well. I absolutely didn't like the tone AND face expression.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Wednesday!  Last full workday for me, kids have early dismissal tomorrow and are off on Friday.  But I am on call this weekend.  Oh well.  Foot was a little sore yesterday but feels pretty good today.  Will continue doing the arms/glute challenges and strengthening.  Our last 5K in the series is not until March 25th.  Back in the 20's this morning and it's an ice rink out there.  I guess I'm not missing anything.  

Lizzie, nice tempo miles!  Those highs sound nice.  We should switch.     My co-worker did the DNA test for her dog.  Told her the exact breeds.  It's cool!  

Diane, I'm not Karen, but according to McMillan, for a 9 hour 50K, your easy workouts should be 16:09-16:49 min/mile and long ones 16:15-17:08, so in that respect you are looking good!

Sandy, it's OK being a mutt.    The test shouldn't show a lot for me, will probably just tell me my genes are East Asian.  But I read there is a DNA company in China that you can upload your data to and they may have more info.  It is kind of fascinating!  Well, we usually have a really warm day in March, so there's that to look forward to!    Extra sleep is always good!  I am getting used to sleeping in.  It may be hard to start up again.  

Laura, aww, what a sweet puppy!  We are looking at shih tzu's, due to their hair.  May be easier on my allergies!  We've been looking at the puppies up for fostering and DD is falling in love with all of them.  Definitely would be hard to give the dog up!

Elina, I like your weekend schedule!    Wow, that project sounds like a tough one.  I hope it goes well!

Hi Diana!  I hope the little aches go away!  I posted photos on FB.  I will attempt to link to them here.    Ha, a HM after 55K would probably be too much for me, maybe not for you.    Our birthday is coming fast!  It always seems to sneak up on everyone.

For Diana and those not on FB, race photo from this weekend:

Race photo

The super-medal is almost complete!  One more to go.

Medal

Cathy

LC Runs

Elina - I am freezing here, too! Funny about the co worker being so happy to talk 'work' while at home, I don't mind if people call me when I'm off but I don't look forward to it ha ha!

Cathy - that medal is SO cool and I LOVE the picture!!  BF is allergic to dogs but Shih Tzus have hair and don't shed so it hasn't been a problem.  They are very well tempered dogs, but can be hard to potty train (our male is good but this new puppy I'm not so sure about it, I put some pads down today for  her though she's crated while no one is home.  Once she's trained, she can have the kitchen during the day (we gate it off).  Your DD's will love having one!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 8 miles and weights tonight.  Our 6 were hideous last night.  The humid AF dewpoint could have been why...

Lizzie, that's what we call Winter dewpoints.  LOL.  Excellent run.

Susan, nice job on the core.

Judy, nice run.  Hoping the trail run goes well today.

Diane, nice 5.  Hoping today's work goes well.

Sandy, enjoy your rest.

Laura, nice run.  Poor puppy.

Elina, glad the work day was less stressful.  I have been wearing bras is so hot here. Smile

Cathy, awesome race and medal.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Howdy and Happy Humping for all of you with that option. (Sorry, Lizzie got me started...  Blame her.  )

Lizzie, hope the audits go smoothly.  What time is your interview tomorrow???

Sue, I hope you enjoy your afternoon and the service.

Judy, you mentioned corns the other day.  I am frustrated with mine (same spot.)  Mine is sore.  Sadly, my GP really didn't know much about them.  Have you seen a podiatrist about it?

Diane, boy, you cruise along when walking!  Good luck with the documentation stuff.

Sandy, the flight is 3 hours and direct.  Not too bad.  It will take a bit to get my car, hit the liquor store for good beer, Walmart for chairs, Sbux for Saturdays breakfast before I hit the road.  Have a lovely rest day.  Look, we had the same thought on Lizzie's title!  Funny the two single ladies said the same thing.

Laura, that pup is absolutely adorable.  I hope your dog accepts her and you keep her.

Elina, glad the day is decent.  I would bet she is bored and misses interactions.

Cathy, thanks for getting Diana and I together.  All is worked out.  Smile  Awesome photo of you two.  Agree with Laura, Shih Tzus are cute little things.  Saw the sweetest pup yesterday.

Damaris, sorry your run last night was less than pleasant.  Rock your miles tonight.

2 days!  I am stinking excited.  Besides the kitchen, I am set to go.  Weather in Page is even colder.  24 start, 44 high.  At least it is supposed to be SUNNY.  I am going to look ridiculous.  I am seriously going to wear my fleece jacket.  No idea if it will fit under my hydration vest or if I will look like the Hunchback of Antelope Canyon wearing it over the vest.  Still predicted snow for Flagstaff.  Ugh.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

dhuffman63

Trails

Kat when I did that 25k in Dec I wore my fleece OVER the hydration pack.  I also filled it with hot water from the hotel and it kept me pretty warm for a good long time.

Cathy look at all those smiles!

Kilmisters

Rest day. Had it planned for tomorrow, but screw it. Combination of yesterday's late miles + practice, cat being forgotten in the cold garage (so she decided to demolish things at 2am to draw our attention and get out) and lots of focus at work today = not good. Feeling very sleepy. But no excuses tomorrow. With all the meetings planned tomorrow, I will need that fresh air at the end of the day. Even if it means run, then continue working.

Cathy, love the pink outfits and personalized race numbers Smile

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

RTurtles, what a cute picture! Thanks for posting. I’m not on facebook.

KATS, I would try keeping the corn pumiced down but NOT when it is hurting. You may also investigate the shoe in that spot, if it could be stretched out a little, or some moleskin or a bandaid on the little toe. My podiatrist said to pumice right out of the shower when the hard spots are softer.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns