Womens Running

(Over40) Bring on the weekend (Read 20 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Off to run then puppy pool

Marjorie

LC Runs

Good Morning!

Hi Marjorie - thanks for starting us off today Smile

Up and out early, 11.2 total miles, 5 with a friend.  Came home and did some ab work.  No Fusion class this morning ^pout^ lol

ginnyb

working this morning, no run for me today, planning on a longish one tomorrow though.  I am doing a 1/2 next Sunday, so think I will take it easy tomorrow and only do about 8.  I do better if I don't push it the whole week before...

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.5 for me.

Ginny so sorry you gave to work today.

Laura great run

Marjorie

0.0 for me.  It's a number.

Got some work done and cleaning house.  I'd rather be running. Kills me because we've had such an unusually cool month .... perfect for morning runs.

Yoga was good last night. Might try the trails tomorrow to keep softer underfoot experience. Knee a bit cranky yesterday and feeling tight again today so playing it by ear.. or should that be knee?

Ginny-hope the weirdoes enjoy the weather outside today.

Nice runs Marjorie and Laura!

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Puppy pool done. Hammy had a blast. He played with a purple octopus in the pool.

I applied the driveway cleaner now watching tivo'd top chef masters

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies.  20 miles done today in horrid weather (I mean, it was already 88F and 75DP at 5am) but they felt great.

Marjorie, nice run.  Hope the doggies enjoyed the pool.

LC Runs, nice run with the friend.  Sorry you missed the class.

Ginny, good luck on the HM next weekend?  I would do the 8 if you really want to push next week.

Lisa, I am jealous of your cool weather.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies

We are on the road, headed to upstate ny to visit my family. We are driving to pa today and spending some time tomorrow at Gettysburg. Then on to ny on Monday.  I did get out for a very hot and humid 5.5 miles this morning.  Sorry for no personals I am postinv from my phone. Hope you are all well.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Anonymous Guest

Home from our quick trip to New Jersey for DH's bike race. The dog was surprisingly well-behaved in the car, the hotel and the race. I am just beat, and I didn't really do much today other than hang out with the dog and drive us home. I've got 5 miles on the schedule, but may skip it and take a rest day. 18 on the schedule for tomorrow.

Gatsby, I met Karen Austin at dinner - she is a lot of fun. I didn't realize she posted here. Too funny, that happened with the guy I was emailing back and forth with about my 6 hour race - he posts here as well.

Laura, nice run for you.

Marjorie, you too. Sounds like puppy pool was fun.

Ginny, yuck on the work. Yes, have a nice, easy, relaxing week leading up to your half next weekend.

Lisa, nice patience and self control. My friend that got laid off when I did is taking classes (she actually had already started taking them, and now taking more) to become a yoga instructor and wants to focus on restorative yoga. Says there is so so much to learn.

Damaris, wow, nice 20 in crappy weather!

Cindy, I hope you have nice, traffic-free travels! We had just a horrible drive home from NJ this afternoon. Ended up taking two and a half hours and it should have been less than two.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Bikerchick1

LCruns - Nice job on the 11.5!  Crim will be here soon!

Ginny - what half are you doing?

Lisa - Sorry the knee was "cranky"....

Marjorie - Nice 10.5 and cleaning driveway!

Damarias - Wow, great job on the 20 in that weather :0

Karen - Sounds like a fun time @ the bike race!  Hope you decided to take a rest day.

Cindy - you have been busy this summer!

Tri today was a blast!  Had a PR By about 6 minutes....was beautiful weather !  2nd AG. Funny thing RB and I are same age, I beat her last Tri, she beat me this time LOL... Anyhow very happy with my time.  Sad to see Tri season end for me this year Sad    now resting up for LR tomorrow.

LC Runs

Kind of a quiet day here, did a bit of cleaning then the kids and I went shopping and to the local art fair.  I got a really cool hematite peace sign bracelet and a new headband.

Damaris - wow, great 20 miles!  I actually didn't miss the class, she didn't have it today.  Saturday's are kind of a 'whenever she can' class at this point it's not scheduled every week.

Karen - busy day for you, have a good 18 tomorrow

Carol - excellent job!!  I know, I can hardly believe the Crim is in 2 weeks.

Hi Ginny, LIsa, Cindy Big grin

Hi everyone.  Today did a 22 mile trail race with DH and some RC friends.  Very nice and hilly course first through redwoods and then  a warmer, drier section through oak and bay trees, and then back through redwoods.   A very good workout.  We were going to do a LR this weekend anyway so decided to do this run instead.  I got 3rd place AG and DH got 2nd place AG (the benefit of doing a small local race, and choosing a distance that not a lot of people do!).  The race also had a 50k, marathon, HM and 5 mile races.

Marjorie, what's not to love about a purple octopus in the puppy pool.   Hammie had the right idea.

LC, awesome that you still did your ab work even without the class.

Ginny, hopefully work was tolerable.  8 sounds about right for tomorrow if you have a HM next weekend.

Lisa, just remember that today was a scheduled rest day for you.  Not an injury day.  Trails would be more forgiving than pavement if you do go out.  But watch your footing!

Damaris, ugh on the terrible conditions but so impressed that you got 20 miles done!

Cindy, have a good trip and safe travels.

Karen, it's a very small world sometimes in the running community!  Karen Austin is a great person and good runner.  She goes by HStreet here.

Carol, nice job on the Tri and congrats on the PR and AG award!  What is crim? Assume that it's a running-related?

Hi to everyone else!  Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

Carol, wow, huge PR! Congrats, and on 2nd in AG as well.

Gatsby, congrats to you and Mr. Gatsby! That sounds fun, but exhausting. I hope you guys are relaxing this evening.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Did run my 8 miles this morning.  They weren't that great, but I got it done, felt sluggish.

Congratulations Carol on PR and 2nd in AG!  Great!  I am doing a local 1/2 next weekend, called Lake Erie Shores and Islands half, this is the 3rd year for it.

Not much going on today.  Making macaroni salad, which I love and don't make often because I can't stay out of it, but since I have the 1/2 next weekend, figure I can use the carbs, right?????

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Been sitting around looking up WW recipes for the week so that I've got meals planned out.

And emailing Detroit Marathon requesting to transfer down tot he American half vs the full.  I can't see how I could be ready for the full in October and we know how "not smart" I can be about finishing a race I've signed up for. Hopefully they will let me switch. That event allows 4 hours. Assuming that leg is actually healing I should be able to get through a half in 4 hours by end of October.

Walked on a really nice non-technical, but non-rail trail yesterday that follows a small river and is criss crossed by mountain bike trails. It's flat but not straight like a rail-trail so is more interesting to walk on. 3.1 miles. Knee feels best after about 10 - 15 minutes in. Actually feels fine at that point, but I have to question what "fine" means to me so that is subjective. It's not the same as discomfort-free. Afterwards I can see that there is swelling and it feels it too. Also felt a hot spot in front from time to time last night so won't try out a jog on the trail today.

By switching out of the full it takes that pressure off of getting to running status soon so that will help. Just kills me when I have that random, "tomorrow will be great morning for running" thought though and know I can't do it.

Great running for the rest of you though!!

Lisa