Womens Running

Kahlua Wednesdays! (DAILIES) (Read 17 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Pass the Kahlua!!! YUM!!!

Happy Birthday, Sandy!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

9.3 speed work miles for me. 4 of those 9 were tempo.

Fantastic run but I am BEAT. I felt great out there today after my legs got warmed up a bit. I was NAILING those tempo miles. I haven't really felt a difference with running and not smoking (don't think I will notice it much until the awful Summer air arrives), but today, I did . I ran one of those tempo miles at 8:18!! SAY WHAT!!! Maybe it was the massage Smile Whew. I am ready for a pizza and a nap, though! Smile

Anyone use My Fitness Pal for calories tracking? Started using it yesterday. It has gotten me into trouble before...but I would like to be aware of my intake. I am trying to stay aware of any weight fluctuations from quitting smoking.I got on the scale for the first time in MONTHS yesterday and thought the scale was broken. LOL. I remember weighing myself last Summer? Or Spring? and I was 14lbs heavier than I am now! Which is awesome!

BIG meeting is today! I am eager to hear what it is about! Maybe they are losing the account and letting us go and offering a year severance?! LOL. Who knows.

Lisa – I used to run by a pizza place and remember smelling dough when I ran by! That was hard because then I just wanted pizza all the time! Thanks for the advice for HCF! Trying me best not to control. Its hard. I hope you were able to run outside today, too!

Run4kupcakes – Nice treadmill miles!!

Lori – Nice treadmill run for you, too! Hmm..I want to try your brothers pistachio cake!! Smile

Karen - I am going to take your suggestion and move my rest week. I have one later but it is like this week - mileage in the high 40's. Think I am going to make an adjustment to the 20's and maybe add one in next week or move one of the two I planned on doing to next week. I don't know. All that to say, thanks for the suggestion. Ha Smile

Have a great Wednesday!!!

5 snow globe miles this morning with the yaktrax on. Smiling pretty much the entire time. 

Vin Yin yoga last night was nice and stretchy. It's a mix of some vinyasa (move with each breath) and yin style where you hold poses for a couple of minutes so does get some strength in along with the stretching.

Lizzie-it is really, really hard to balance between expressing concern and how someone's actions make you feel and coming across as mom. I think that we do the other person a disservice by trying to tell them what they already know. But it is really, really hard to watch someone hurt themselves. Hugs and hope the medical person's talk got through to him.

Waves to all who post later!

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

Good morning! Heading out for 8 miles shortly. I was tired this morning. I let the dogs out at 6, then we all went back to bed for another hour. I have a lot I want to get done today, but that extra hour of sleep was well worth the time. Kinda funny about the uproar over the apartment complex, across the busy street is a trailer park (this is the land of no zoning, after all). I would really there just not be apartments at all, there's already enough traffic with the school right there. I guess a church was considering building there a couple years ago but the costs were too high because of what they'd have to do against potential flooding.

Vet with chubby Riley went well, but I am glad I waited to take him until DH was working from home. Apparently within 5 minutes of us leaving, Huckles had knocked some stuff off an end table and was chewing up a remote. He never acts like that when we leave both dogs home alone, even for a few hours at a time.

Cathy, how sweet of DD to make your lunch and even cut the crusts off!. It sounds like this is the week of the cutback. 10 w/ 4 at goal half pace can be a tough workout, but I have no doubt you'll crush it. Aw thanks for the shout out on my long run this past weekend. Yeah, I totally crushed it. I was pretty happy I could do that - huge confidence boost. And I felt great the rest of the day, which was a bonus.

Laura, I hope you made it out of Michigan this morning and are on your way to warm and sunny days ahead!!

Lisa, hooray for running outside! That's a long time to go without an outside weekday run.

HCK and Lori, great job to both of you for getting on the TM yesterday. It's easy to just blow off a run rather than hit the TM, but you guys both got it done.

Liz, fantastic run for you! And I'm saying that without having looked at Strava yet, but with an 8:18 mile? Dang girl! I use myfitnespal. I used it back in 2012 to lose a bunch of weight and have for the most part kept using it. I'm not as strict as I was. It keeps me from just eating all the things, and I also seem to pay more attention to the fact that I usually don't get enough protein. Which is probably part of the reason I want to eat all the things. The proposed apartments - when you turn off the main road, it's almost a half mile to get to the houses and my hood. There's an elementary school on the right (which may have been still under construction when you were here) and an empty field on the left. They are looking to build in that empty field.

Sandy, if you happen upon this while enjoy the sun and fun (and your IG pictures are amazing), I hope you are having a fabulous birthday!!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 7 with tempo miles tonight.

Liz, yum, Kahlua.  Nice run.

Lisa, nice job running outside yesterday.  And today.

Karen, glad the vet visit went well.  He seemed happy to be there, lol.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Mmmm Kahlua.  Love it with Vodka and milk.

Lizzie, good luck with HCF.  Sounds like you made your point and stressed your opinion.  Like others said, up to him now..  8:18, wowza.

Lisa, awesome on being able to get back outside.  Poses for minutes?  I would last seconds.

Karen, hope the run goes well.  I don't blame you on the housing issue.

Damaris, good luck on your run as well.

Sandy, know you're not reading, but damn woman, have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

F.I.N.A.L.L.Y.  I got out for a few miles.  I only walked, but they were speedy, each quicker than the last.  Tomorrow I am going to try to slow down a bit and go for more than 3, which is what I did today.  I have a "race" on Saturday.   Forecast is 70 and cloudy.  Nice for me, too warm for others.

Work was not pleasant last night, LOTS of fights going on.  Some minor (mine) some major.  My one go to guy is being a jerk to me which is really hard, because I really count on him when I need a POSITIVE kick in the pants, and now all I get is negative and snippy.  Mentioned it to the new medical director, but we agreed to leave it alone and let me deal with it, which is what I prefer.  This place is going to hell in a hand basket and is only going to get worse.  I consented to an early Sunday shift, like 8am.  UGH, but one day isn't the end of the world.  I offered to do some Saturdays as well as long as I get to pick.  SO much going on.  Half my Saturdays are booked with races or work.  Nobody else wants to help out.  I guess it is my nature.  I put my foot down on a few things and made it clear I won't be bullied.  But I really don't mind weekends as long as I get to pick and choose.

Waiting to hear about the NYCM, drawing is today.  It is the week after Javalena, so getting in would be less than ideal - but I have 2 friends from Seattle doing it, so it would be so much fun as they are my pace - SLOW.  Smile

Getting my hair colored tomorrow, not sure what I am going to do, something fun.  Maybe wilder than usual even.  We shall see...

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Presentation is done.  I think it sucked.  My co-worker said, "at least it is over", which does not make me feel much better.  doing a presentation remotely is awful.  I was just talking to a screen and trying to remember which toggles to hit so I didn't close the presentation by mistake. At least I didn't do that. Ugh.  My ass is grass.

Hoping to run tomorrow.  See how it goes

Happy birthday Sandy!!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Wednesday Sandy Birthday day!     5 easy miles on the TM for me this morning, I forgot to upload my run.  I must be out of it.    DH took to heart some of the things I said about the kids and made an effort this morning.  It was good to see.  Talked about some of the things going on at home with my work bestie.  It feels good to talk to someone else besides the in-laws.  She also is going through some issues with her daughter so it was therapeutic for both of us.  

Liz, awesome run this morning!  8:18, woot woot!  Maybe it was the quitting smoking.    I used My Fitness Pal a couple years ago, I had gained some weight while marathon training.  It does help to make you aware of your intake.  And maybe not cheat as much.    14 lbs?  That is awesome!  Hope the meeting was OK.  I also hope the scare worked for HCF.    Forecast for my Sunday long run is very cold, with snow in the AM.  Low of -9 and high of 10, winds up to 17 mph.  That is the part that sucks as that will bring the "feels like" down to well below 0.  Conditions have not been great for fast running with the ice patches.  I am OK with doing that run on the TM.  But I don't want to depend on a TM to help me hold my pace!  

Lisa, awesome that you got outside!  Twice!  Happy Lisa is a good thing.  

Karen, chubby Riley, hehe.  Pups should be that way.    Nice you got that extra hour of sleep!  An 18 miler like that would make me nap the rest of the day.  

Damaris, enjoy the tempo.  

Kat, nice miles!  70 sound pretty darn nice.    Sorry about work.  Hope you hear good news about NYCM!

Sue, sorry about the presentation.  Remote presentations are hard.

Cathy

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Meeting wasn't bad. Well, it was...but not for me Smile!

Someone is bringing us dinner tonight! I wonder what it is...I am going to go by the store anyway just in case Smile

Lisa – From your FB picture, it looked like quite a bit of snow!! Nice run! I still need to try that yoga!

Karen – Aw, Huckles missed his playmate! So cute. Is your neighborhood FB page going crazy about the apartments? I bet that is fun to watch Wink I can see why though. You live in a very nice neighborhood! Good luck with the 8 today. If I was able to get more sleep and then run, I would choose that option too! I hope you get all the things done today Smile  I wanted to mop the kitchen floor during the week sometime…not sure if that is going to happen.

Docket – Good luck on your tempo run tonight!

Kathryn – Nice job getting out there today! 70 for race on Saturday?! Phew, that is warm! I wonder why your go-to guy is being a jerk?? Have you asked him what his issue is? I know easier said than done. But still! Sounds like you two had a good relationship before. When I was waiting tables and working full time, I didn’t mind weekends once in a while either. Sometimes if you aren’t doing anything else..its nice to work for a little while. You know? Money never hurts either! OOOO I am dying to see what you do with your hair! I love your wild ideas Smile I have a hair apt in 2 weeks and I keep going back and forth. Some days I want to just do my roots, and others I want to go blonder. Haha, big problems over here Wink Good luck on NYCM!

Susan – Oh Susan, you probably did better than you think! We are always our worst critic. I can imagine doing a presentation remotely is hard..geez. Sorry Sad

Cathy – Nice run this morning. If it wasn’t uploaded, did it even happen!? Smile Awe, glad you are talking to someone about what’s going on at home!! And glad DH made an effort this morning. Hang in there!! Oh man, that is not a good forecast!! Yikes. If you go outside you should bring those hand warmers Smile I tend to need them even when its 25 degrees. I am not used to the cold like you though. I don’t like running that fast on the treadmill for that long. I don’t feel “stable” if that makes sense.

Have a good afternoon/evening everyone!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Happy Birthday, Sandy! 

This morning was 50 minutes of running with some walking. I went down to DC's to watch the hearing and had a nice lunch.
                      Tomorrow will be a similar run. The rib is still pretty sore in one spot but the rest of the rib seems better.
                      Happy runs, All !

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 miles with 2 @HM pace and 1.5 a little slower than 10k pace. Was surprised not to see more police around, there was a murder last night about 1.5 miles from home. I ran that road last week on the snow day, it's my hilly route.

Lizzie, I typically run by several pizza places plus a BBQ place. OMG, the smells make me so hungry. The BBQ place usually smells like bacon.

Turtles, good that you have someone to talk to.  With ice, I would do runs on the treadmill. Here there are always the patches where it looks wet, but is ice.

KatS, hope you get into NY.