Womens Running

Fridailies!! (Read 20 times)

Just popping in

I'm the first one here???

Wedding week is going great! Family is here, last night we had 25+ over at our little house all evening. Had a great time. This morning the guys went fishing, I think we girls are going to the beach for a couple of  hours later. Baby Ann Marie was a bit hit--everyone loved meeting the baby.

Please send good vibes for Jake. The vet saw a large mass in his chest in February. Yesterday he started coughing up bloody mucous. The vet's office is SO packed they can't see him till Monday. I would have had him put down yesterday--he was just so miserable. Now I'm glad we did not --this morning he's perked up. I gave him some doggie pain killers, so that has helped. He did love all the attention last night--girls gave him lots of hugs and chin scratches. I HATE this!!! I don't want him to suffer, and don't really know what to do with him. Guess we will see how he does over the weekend.

I was amazed--Skye was very good with all the people in the house. Stark...welll.......too much excitement for that pup at times -- he was a little wild.

Think happy thoughts.  This is SO much extroverting for me!!

Wow Karen! You have quite the running club going.

Lizzie--hope the work visit is going well.

QOTD--$20M---do not stand between me and the office door. I'd be outta there!

OMG--my boss is still sending me emails!!! Wednesday: "Hi Susan, I know you are busy but can you... GRRRRRR. Seriously!!!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Crazysue, if you're not on the clock, don't even look at office connecting, emails, etc.

Have a great time! Very best wishes! 

Thursday I did 45 out the trail, most of it with a running buddy. Errands afterwards.

Today I hope to do the trail again. Maybe I’ll hear the coyotes. No howls today.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

dhuffman63

Trails

Oh no Sue poor Jake, hope he feels better.  If I'm on vacation I don't take my laptop, I don't look at email.  This is your time. Have a lovely wedding and enjoy the Keys.

Judy as always, nice runs!

I did 4 on the TM.  It was 101 on the drive home but a cool front came through AFTER I was done.  Tulsa is expected to get to 107 today.  Here it's supposed to be 102 with a 110 heat index.  Somewhat toasty out there.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

18.2 for me.

Well, that low humidity wasn't so low. LOL. Dewpoint was high 60's. Whew, it was warm. BUT it was a pretty good run. I had some mental fatigue..but I pushed through. I was going to do 20 miles, but then I would have been ahead of schedule again. I just did 18 so now I am back on track with the training plan. Plus, those 20 mile weeks I would like to be at 60+ miles. This week I only planned for high 50's. Anyway it is done! You know....I might try and do more Friday long runs again. Man, it feels so good that it is DONE!!! I will feel like shit today instead of on the weekend!

Oh yeah, I am at work. I had too much going on today to take PTO. I am going to try and push through the day. Can't make any promises that I won't be under my desk later napping.

Will try and head to the grocery at lunchtime..have to get some FRENCH TOAST!!! MMMMM.

Karen – Your DH is so skinny though!!! Hope he feels better.

Run4kupcakes – Cupcake tour?! Wish I could come. Enjoy the long weekend!

Susan – Oh no, I am so sorry to hear about Jake. I will be sending some good vibes your way. Aw. Sad I would see how he does over the weekend and see what the doctor says Monday. When do you leave for Key West? IGNORE THOSE WORK EMAILS!!! ENJOY YOUR WEDDING WEEKEND!! I can’t wait to see pictures!!! ENJOY!

Judy – Have a great run!

Diane – Nice treadmill run. Holy cow that is HOT!!!

Happy FRIDAY!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Seloc

Gatsby - HAPPY BIG OL FIVE OHHHHHHHHHHH TO YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!    Good luck tomorrow and have an awesome awesome weekend!!

HCK - a cupcake tour sounds fun!  Enjoy your day off!

Karen - cracking up at you over feeding your boys LOL.  Glad it doesn't sound like anything too major and he heals fast.

Lizzie - you can HAVE my boredom!  haha.  The Mammal is a complete TURD.  Vent away!  My take is that you intimidate him because you are confident, smart, professional and get shit done.  So he has to belittle you to make himself feel better.  IMO most negative behavior is driven by insecurities.  It SUCKS for you!  But, I would just keep standing up for yourself and pointing these things out to him.  Ask him directly in a calm professional manner why you weren't included and request that you are going forward.  Hard?  Yep but you can do it.  Just my 2 cents.  Nice run of course.  I thought of you when I woke up to pee at 3am cuz I knew you were out there running!!  While I went back to sleep haha.  Why do you feel so poorly after a long run, though?  Not sure that is supposed to happen.  Hope your day goes fast!

Diane - damn that's hot.

Sue - awwww poor Jake.  It is SO hard that they can't tell you how they are feeling!  Glad you had such a nice evening with family.  Now shut down that email and have an AWESOME weekend!!  Can't wait for pics!!  Happy Wedding Day!!

TRX/Bells class.  Seemed extra hard today.  Just tired.  One of the fast girls is having car trouble so I picked her up for class and she took my car to work.  I'm WFH so don't need it.  Told her she could have it for the weekend but I think hers should be done around lunch time.  Though I'm a bit concerned my gas tank appeared to be hanging low.  The skid plate rusted off the other week but two different people I talked to didn't seem it was a needed fix.  Was told many vehicles don't have one it's just because it's a Jeep for off-roading.  They did mention I should get it checked to see if anything else has rusted.  I'm hoping it hangs on and I can have her guys look at it when we go there later today.  It seems it's hanging lower after I got gas last night - maybe heavier?  Though it didn't seem like I could move it.  I hate car problems.  But, I might hate car payments more?  Trying to hold out another 50K miles with this one.  We'll see!  Have a great Friday!

Anonymous Guest

Good morning! I am running on my TM after this second cup of coffee. Not sure how many - I really need to sit down and write myself a training plan. Last night I had various aches and pains, I think from standing for three hours straight on the hard floor the night before, plus I haven't slept well the last couple nights, so I took one Advil PM. Slept hard and couldn't get up early this morning. Riley finally got me up a little after 7, but I was still groggy and now that I'm finally feeling awake, the clouds are breaking up. The official overnight low was 80, so even with clouds or going early morning it would have sucked.

I am excited about tomorrow! We officially have 25 signed up (13 last year), plus three people that are planning to come tomorrow and then decide if they can do it. Two of them are walkers and my walking coaches seem very inclusive and encouraging and with three of them will make sure there's nobody struggling alone at the back. Plus probably 4-6 more people that sounded like they wanted to do it when we talked to them Wednesday....so they all may or may not sign up. I'm also a little nervous about tomorrow, to be honest.

Susan, poor Jake. Such a sweet boy, I'm sending all the positive vibes. I'm so glad you're having such a great time with all the family in and I'm so excited for you about tomorrow! Lots of extroverting for sure, but you get to follow it all up with a nice relaxing stay in the Keys with your brand new DH!!!

Gatsby, it's birthday weekend and big race weekend for you! Hooray!!

Morning, Judy!

Diane, your heat wave is something else. Looks like it's dropping down towards us and we're going to finally see the 100s. We rarely go much higher than that, but with dew points at 76-80, that's enough.

Liz, nice job on the long run. And now I'm craving french toast. Maybe I can get someone to go out to breakfast with me after the run tomorrow. Oh wait, we'll have kolaches after the run!! I still want french toast though.

Sandy, does your friend know what to do if there is a problem with the Jeep? You know, hold on tight to the steering wheel and concentrate, prepare for a crash by thinking about relaxing like the drunk driver would be, complete silence, and then maniacal laughter once you get where you're going. Anyway, I hope nothing is rusting and all is good for at least another 50k.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

dhuffman63

Trails

Sandy car payments suck.  I'm hoping after I pay this one off to get quite a few miles on it before having to get another.

Karen, have fun tomorrow with all your peeps.  Hope DH is feeling better.  I leave Dr. Google alone.

Margaret, good luck tomorrow and Happy Birthday.

Cupcakes tour...oh my how fun that sounds.  Course I don't like icing so would scrape that off and just eat the cake part.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Rest day for me.  I am on call this weekend, so no big plans for me.  Rainy, muggy weather coming in, but temps aren't too bad.  My heater was not returned, so I think it has walked off.     The office managers are actually OK with us having heaters, just about everyone that sits near a window has one.  It is freezing in the building in the winter, particularly near the windows!  If I didn't have a heater I would have to wear mittens.  But I have actually used it in the summer also, sometimes the A/C gets crazy.

Sue, I am glad the wedding plans are going well!  Best wishes for the weekend!  I am so sorry about Jake.

Diane, yep, that is toasty.  

Lizzie, nice 18!  I really don't know how you work after that.  I guess better to feel tired at work than during the weekend.     Haha, I figured you would appreciate that comment about not being able to get warm on my run yesterday.  I was chilly.     The cube is OK so far, though a lot of people in the area are currently working off-site so it's just our project team right now.  So it's very quiet.  Dinner at 5:30-6:00 is perfect for me.  There were a few occasions when I have picked up the kids from school and they wanted to eat dinner at Noodles because they were hungry.  We ate at about 4:00.    I remember eating at 8:00 or later in my single days.  I don't know how I survived!  

Sandy, take it easy if you are not feeling well!  Nice that you could help out your friend with your car.  Lack of car payments is awfully nice.  Your weekend sounds about how mine will be.  Looking forward to getting some reading done.    Oh, I forgot to comment yesterday about you trying to dodge the fast girls.  I was imagining you ducking behind bushes and such.     Sucks about your friend's DH!

Karen, haha, Coach Karen needs to write herself a plan?    That is awesome that the running group event went so well!   I'm glad that it is nothing serious with your DH.  Google can be a bad thing.  FIL had a cat scan done at the hospital, they thought they saw a mass in his bladder.  They scheduled for some tests and in the meantime the in-laws did their googling and decided that FIL had cancer and not much time left.  After the tests, they were told it was nothing.    I do have a small head!  DD's head is bigger than mine.    Maybe that's why I don't like to wear hats.

Elina, if you run to the pub, aren't you all sweaty when you get there?  Then don't you get really chilled?     Those "jog" runs for me feel so short, I feel that I should at least do 3 miles.    Plus, I was a little down the trail from my house, so if I stopped running then I would have to walk anyway!

Margaret, Happy Birthday and good luck this weekend!

Cathy

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Nothing to add personally, but needed to say howdy to a couple of you in particular!  Quite possibly some special things happening...

Sue, Wahoooooo, have a GREAT wedding.  Pics indeed.  Sorry about Jake, that is always tough.

Judy, nice run.

Diane, we are getting super toasty here in SA as well.  I don't like icing either.  Except for Costco cake.  Secret admission, it is one of my favorites.  Probably because I do love their frosting.  My friends think I am nuts, Boston Cream donuts are my favs, but I abhor the frosting on top, so I always scrape them bald!!!

Lizzie, great run!  Hope you aren't too tired at work today.  How did the visit go?  I don't think I saw the final report on it.

Sandy, I feel your pain on the car.  I went something like 8-10 yrs without a car payment and it was lovely.  Hefty one now...  I still miss my old car, new one is nice, but my old one was my buddy.

Karen, our overnight low was 76.  Ugh.  We are supposed to get to 104+ on Monday.  Congrats on such a great turnout for your group.  Says a lot about you and your dedication to it.  Good luck to the walkers.

Cathy, enjoy your rest day.  I get quite cold in A/C as well.  I wear long sleeves under my scrub top year round and always wear/bring a LS when just farting around town.

Margaret, HAPPY HAPPY!!!!!!!!  Good luck with your race.

Hi to everyone else and TGIF.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Thanks for the big birthday greetings!  I don’t know what 50 is supposed to feel like, seems pretty much the same as 49?  Which seemed the same as 48?  

CrazySue, happy wedding weekend to you!  More hugs for Jake.

Karen, happy baby runner weekend to you!  Hope your DH is feeling better soon. Stay away from Dr Google, he’s a quack.

Lizzie, nice LR, good job sticking to the plan.  Lol at your comment yesterday about mammal and his diaper.

Hi Judy. Hope the coyotes kept their distance. There are a few in the hills around my house.

DHuff, yuck on those temps. Good TM weather.

Seloc, aww thanks for remembering my big bday!  Rusty car parts is no bueno. I’d go have the car checked to make sure nothing important is rusting.

Turtles, not cool that someone stole your heater!  Clearly someone had some cubicle envy.

Kat, oh my, you’ve got some toasty weather.  You think you’ll ever acclimate to it?  I don’t know if it’s possible to get used to such temps.

We’re on the road to Tahoe.  So nice having the day off yesterday to get my stuff together and relax.  Happy Friyay to all!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Margaret-Happy Birthday!!!

Sue-Happy Wedding Day!!!  So sad to hear about Jake. Hugs.

Karen-have fun with all the runners! That is a good turnout!

Judy-have a howling good weekend!

Diane-good luck at Angry Bull!! Hope they have lots of ice. Bring more baggies to put ice in and then put in hat, down bra, in shorts.

Lizzie-nice Friday morning run for you!

Sandy-hope the Jeep gets a medal when it finishes it's 50k. LOL

Cathy-hope you make it through the weekend with no calls.

Kat-I saw Rubaeus on sale in Montana. LOL Thought of you! DD talks about getting a fairly conservatively sized wedding cake for the display purposes and then having Costco cake in the back for serving. She likes it the best as well! Not like anyone will know with all that good tequila. LOL

5 neighborhood miles this morning. Felt fine after Missoula but we were going pretty slowly. I also did about half on the shoulder in the dirt too. LOL

Lisa

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I didn’t expect to move 42 rolling chairs across the building by myself today. I AM BEAT. I am hoping to get out of here at 3..but mammel has to approve it first. My brother wants me to pick up some beer. I told him NO..but now I feel guilty.

Sandy – Oh no, I hope your Jeep is okay! Tell her to hold on to the steering wheel for dear life if need be. Smile LOL. SIDE NOTE – I had written that before reading Karen’s comment and now im laughing again. Car problems suck. But you are right, car payments are worse. I am trying to picture  a gas tank hanging low…SO SWEET of you to let her borrow your car. How are you feeling?? You are right about Mammel. I think he is insecure..maybe because I don’t wear diapers and he does? Smile No really, I will continue standing up for myself! Or trying! Why do I feel like shit after a long run..hmm..I am overall just tired. I almost feel like I am hungover..which I am sure is due to lack of water intake. I did take an endurolyte this morning so I think that has helped a bit. My legs feel overall just exhausted and kinda weak. BUT..getting up and moving around the building does help them. I also drink my coffee fast, and when I run real long my blood sugar will plummet mid morning. I am a mess! This could probably all be avoided if I gulped down a gallon of water. Are you running long this weekend?

Karen – Have a great treadmill run! I think you needed a good nights rest. I am excited for you for tomorrow, too!! I think its normal to be nervous. I googled kolaches. I have never heard of them but now that I see the picture it looks familiar. I stay away from those. Give me a fattening breakfast pastry! Without fruit! LOL. Have fun tomorrow! Can’t wait to hear about it.

Cathy – Enjoy your rest day! Are you doing any long running this weekend? We are expected to have a rainy muggy weekend too. We are in desperate need of rain. HCF hasn’t cut the grass in 3 weeks! I have worn mittens at work before!!! Smile 4:00 dinner?! I just cant. Oh boy, glad to hear your FIL is okay! Enjoy your low key weekend! Hopefully you don’t get a call from workSmile

Margaret – Happy Birthday!! And enjoy your epic birthday weekend!

Kathryn – You scrape the icing off, too? I will take it! Haha. Oh, the visit went well! We are in cleanup mode now. But it went really well!

Hi Lisa!! Good to hear from you! How did DC do on the race?? That was his first, right?

Happy Friyay!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

So Mammel no longer allows us to use comp time. This just started today. With me. I am sitting here in tears because he just lovesss to abuse his power and argue with me about every. little. thing. I HATE HIM! HATE HATE HATE! Oh, and here come the "it is not good management to do blah blah blah" emails (for shit that is already done). He is poking me. And he isn't going to like it when he pokes too much.

I want out so bad. I am stuck here.

Sorry, venting.

Seloc

First of all, you guys are cracking me UP here today!  OMG I've laughed out loud multiple times so thank you for that!!  First Karen describing the car incident, Cathy describing how she pictured my hiding behind a bush dodging the fast girls (turned out they saw me lol), Gatsby sharing that 50 feels no different than 49, 48, ... and the medal for the Jeep after 50K.  You guys are the best 

And the Jeep is in the shop until next Wed or Thurs.  When the shop owners tells you he wouldn't drive it well, then, you just leave it there.

Karen - so super exciting your baby runners are starting tomorrow!  That's awesome you will have such a great group.  Man that weather is miserable.  Is it even enjoyable to hang in the pool?  Or, lots of reading and tv watching?

Cathy - hey at least if you are on-call it's not going to be the greatest weekend weather wise.  Weren't you just on-call?  How often is it your turn?  We rotate every 3 weeks but thankfully (knock on wood) it isn't usually too busy.  In fact, sometimes I forget.  If I miss a call (it's happened but not often) they will usually just call the next person.  Yeah, I wear a fleece every day at work and occasionally the finger-less gloves haha.  That's a bummer your heater walked off!

Hey Kat - anything fun planned for the weekend/

Gatsby - yup, since I was dropping my friend off to get her van picked up I had them take a peak.  Since I filled my tank last night it's extra heavy and hanging low.  The part holding it in place is all rusted away.  Thank you MN winters!  Have an awesome awesome weekend!  Lots of miles and lots of BEER!!  

Lisa - yes!  I, too, would like to hear how DC liked the marathon!  The motorcycle trip looked FUN!!

Lizzie - oh man you must be exHAUSTED!!  You better eat half a loaf of French toast!!  Oh I'm feeling fine mostly if I'm just sitting around.  Just tired and rundown when I try to exercise.  But maybe it's just really that I'm out of shape!  I'm running tomorrow but wouldn't call it long.  12 miles is the plan.  "Training" officially starts on Sunday.  Next week is 14.  Oh girl, I just refreshed...  I am so sorry!  It sure sounds like he really has it in for you.  That SUCKS!!  Vent all you want.  I hate him, too 

Hang in there, people, it's almost quittin time!!