Womens Running

EMINEM TUESDAY DIVAS (Read 18 times)

SassySparky

Good morning!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

RR: Did an 8 mile progression run this morning!  Yesterday was an easy 3. I'm feeling rested (at least my legs are) and ready for week 11 of marathon training! I think I have 39 miles on tap for this week, one of which is the big 18 miler!

NRR: Had a nice weekend visiting with friends and family in PA and the wedding was really nice. Big D and I felt old because we left at 11 right when all of our friends finally hit the dance floor but we were exhausted. Also, it was sooo cold up north! I am totally acclimated to living in the south and couldn't wait to get home. Anyway, back to the grind. I have to take my car to the shop this morning because it needs brakes. However, Big D's car is currently not working  so I'm hoping they will be able to finish it by the end of the day.

POrun

Happy Tuesday!

RR: SRD. School tonight...

NRR: Got my bike back last night. That was quick! It has new tires and had a tune up, so I should be ready to go for the race in 2 weeks. I changed my entry to the olympic distance instead of the sprint, and am debating what distance to sign up for my second fall race in October... Tonight is school and we get our exams back. I'm hopeful that I did well.

Sassy: Great job on the 8 miles this morning! Glad your legs are feeling more well rested now! Glad you had a good time at the wedding. Ha, I'm just excited to get some cool air in the next, oh, 2 months... but yes, I know what you mean since cold means 60's now...

Have a great day ladies!

taylorma1

Morning Sassy! Glad you enjoyed the wedding, No worries about leaving early' I would have done the same thing!

RR: easy 8 this morning

NRR: bough my first ever car! A Mazda Tribute SUV. I am so excited. No time to pick it up from the dealership today, but I will do it tomorrow. Gas for it will be a bit expensive, since it's not great gas mileage, but I am not planning to drive it too, too much. I will mainly take the bus or my bicycle around town, and use the car mainly to visit DBF in Chicago and do little side trips on the weekend, so hope I won't spend too much money.

Have a great day everyone!

RunLikeTheWind23

Morning ladies!

RR: loving this time of year! It's perfect for running. My brain is happier in cooler temps too! Yesterday I ran 3 as the sun was setting. Today is a rest day.

NRR: my TV is broken and this afternoon I'm dropping it off to be repaired! Yay! I love TV in the evening after a long day!

i have to run. No time for personals but have a great day ladies! Smile

L e e l a

RR - SRD, but I'm doing Pilates and getting on the reformer for the first time in years. Hooray!

NRR - Sooooo, DH got home yesterday and told me the executive team at his company decided they want to send him to get his executive MBA. We feel it's an opportunity he can't pass up even though it will mean more time away from me and B over the 20 months or so of the program. So we are starting the process of looking at programs and figuring out the best fit for him and our family. One top executive MBA program, though, is Kenan-Flagler at UNC which isn't that far away and would be manageable. It's big news for our family, though a bit stressful to think about since he already travels so much. The 30s are definitely a difficult stage trying to balance career trajectory with small children.

Hope to be back later for personals!

MA runner girl

Morning!

RR: Planning on a run. Please send me no pain vibes!!

NRR: We were up every hour last night, with lots of screaming. Not sure what's up, but he's happy as can be now. Really hoping it was just a one night thing and not a new phase! Supposed to go to my grandparents for dinner, but I'm wondering if we should stay home and go to bed early. We'll see I guess.

Have a great day girls! I gotta get to work... I'm so over this, I was up until after 11 last night, which did not help with C's nonsleep!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: I didn't go to yoga last night.  I needed a break from physical activity after my weekend

Running 8 in a bit, and ST later. That's probably it until Saturday, unless I can get in some ST on this work trip.

NRR: Slept in again because I'm off work today. Getting cooler here, finally. I'm ready for fall. Working down in Utah the rest of the week.

Sassy -Nice job on the progression run! I hear you on needing to rest the legs. ..my quads were sore after the weekend.

PO - You are clearly feeling confident in your training to bump up your distances.  That's awesome!

Taylor - Congrats on the car! Is it brand new or new to you?

RLTW - I hope your tv gets fixed.

Leela -Tough decisions but it sounds like you all will be better set up in the future?

MA- Sorry about the night of bad sleep. Is it a growth spurt?

SassySparky

PO - glad your bike is already back! Yeah I was a little chilly this morning at 63F and 77% humidty Smile

Taylor - congrats on the new car!

RLTW - glad you are enjoying fall! hope the TV gets repaired quickly! TV shows are starting this week!

Leela - have fun at pilates! Hmm, do you think DH would have to commute to classes and such, or would some of it be online?

MA - good luck with the run! G has always been a good sleeper and whenever there was a disturbance it was usually related to some kind of growth spurt - either learning something new or getting teeth or something. Hopefully it doesn't last long!

OWR - I'm jealous of your sleeping in! Enjoy your day off!

melrunner

Good Morning Girls.

Happy Tuesday. Second to last Tuesday in this office. I’m feeling very melancholic and down today. I helped build this company from the bottom up. I made my boss rich. And he’s such a coward that didn’t even have the damn nerves to do this in person. My ego is severely bruised. Screw him.

TriR: Running 8 miles tonight. It seems a lot of us are running 8 today.

NtriR: trying to figure out what my next step is. I already got a physical, a mammo, blood work, etc I have to take advantage now that I still have insurance. I need to do some updates on Linkedin and start sharing/spreading news that I am available for work as of October 1st.

Sassy, Great job on your progression run. I wish I had your cooler temps.

Po, What Oly are you doing? Good luck getting your grade back.

Taylor, yay for a new car!!!!

Leela, that’s very exciting about DH and executive MBA!!!

Ma, I hope little C can nap some today!

OWR, Enjoy your trip in UT.

lizo_77

good morning ladies!

NRR: one more day till this darn project deadline!!  I got home last night and made shrimp burritos. Marc liked them and thought it was something "different" from the norm. haha. He's a good old meat and potatoes guy.  tonight, dependent on when I get home, I really want to work in the yard. Don't know what it is with that, but it relaxes me... or I might do a run on the TM or outdoors.

RR:  did a womens health workout and then about .8 miles on the TM. hence wanting to do more tonight.

wow.... I forgot to finish posting this.

and day has kind of taken over. I'll try and get to personals, but if I don't... waves!!

NorCal

Morning girls!

RR. 5.5 miles this morning including 1 mi w/u, 2x800, 4x400, 2x800, 1 mi c/d plus recovery jogging in between intervals. Pretty hard workout, especially since my goal was to do the last set of 800s faster then the first set!

NRR. Lots to do today at home- business related computer work! Plus need to go to the bank and run some other errands. Oh, L got stung by a bee on our hike yesterday! His whole eye swelled up, so sad! It's all better today, but he looked like he got in a boxing match yesterday, poor baby!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

SassySparky

Adulthood = random $1300 expenses popping up once a month.

outwestrunner

Sassy - Ugh..is that for your car or D's?  Sorry to hear that.. Cars are annoying like that.

MA runner girl

Sassy - ugh, so sorry. I hate spending money on cars.

just ran 2 miles Smile I feel pretty good, yay!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16