Womens Running

Wet Wednesday Supermoms (Read 19 times)

runnergirl9508

RR: heading out in a bit for 8-9 miles. Two of my bootcampers are traveling, one is sick, and the other two are going to the afternoon session today- so I don't have anyone for class this morning. Excited to get a longer run in today.

TR: watched DH carve a pumpkin last night, helped him scoop the seeds out. He didnt' want to touch them though.

NRR: mom and dad are coming today!!! I have to do a little bit of last minute cleaning and grocery shop before they get here. looking forward to seeing them!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - that deep hip release yoga that everyone on DM loves.

TR - carved the pumpkin with DH last night. He wanted a pumpkin robot but DH didn't know how to execute.  I had ideas, but I was at work.  Peed about 5x in the potty since he was pantsless almost all morning.  Put underwear on him and he peed it and a puddle on the floor within an hour.

FR - glass noodles with ground chicken.  I am craving something non-sweet for breakfast and might go to the greasy spoon for a veggie omelet.  Every square millimetre of my mouth is burned due to me being way too eager with the burning hot leftover homemade stock chicken noodle soup at lunch yesterday.  Ow.

NRR - a list of things I have to acquire this morning: throwaways for races, a tutu/halloween costume, cat food.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

nola - yup, still coming to Richmond and DH is still running.  Hey are you interested in the supermoms gift exchange? I can send you an invite if you are.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

ER - ST and core at some point today.

TR - I let her finger paint while I was making dinner last night. It worked to keep her occupied, but then I had to give her and the table a bath before we could eat. She's getting good at identifying colours. Her favourite seems to be yellow (or maybe she just likes to say the word) because she walks around picking up anything yellow she can find and shouting "ELLOW!"

FR - Fish of some sort, roasted cauliflower and sweet potatoes

NRR - I hear S waking up so I think I am going to take her and go to the grocery store to get the shopping over and done with. Pumpkin carving has been adjourned to today so that DH can participate. We have three pumpkins, so it can be a contest Smile

~~~~~

rg - Kind of nice to have the morning off to do a longer run. Funny that R didn't want to touch the pumpkin seeds - I've heard quite a few people now say their kids haven't wanted to touch the slimy pumpkin guts. I'm curious to see what S will do now. How long are your parents staying for?

zorbs - Is this deep hip release yoga video on youtube? I feel like I might have asked you this before, sorry. Ouch! Burnt mouth is the worst!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

mrszackmorris

Popping in to say hi!

rr: ugh the hip is up to no good again. Hoping for a few miles at some point today.

kr: dd1 turns 6 on Friday! 6!!

tr: 4K family fun night last night. Lots of fun.

br: my cute little night owl. ugh.

nrr: crazy busy it seems. Lots of birthday festivities starting on Friday and running through Sunday for dd1. Playdate today for dd2 so I'm hoping to get done errands ran.

fr: leftovers. Blah. But they need to be eaten.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 5 miles with RP and the stroller last night. Its amazing how much difference replacing that bike tube made- it must have been going flat for a long time. I might proactively replace the other two or at least pump them up a bit. Wore my new Lole Glorious leggings. Super comfy but not as warm as I hoped. I have found that cute tights do not equal warm tights. My warmest ones are my granny looking Brooks tights.

TR: His new phrase is "I don't wanna/I don't want it!" followed by shrieky tantrums. Super fun. He's doing great in his big boy bed, and we are on the second night in a row of sleeping in undies and staying dry. Monday night we left him in undies because of his rash, and last night we didn't feel like changing him into a diaper.

FR: Last night was green chile bison enchiladas. DH said they were the best enchiladas I've ever made.

NRR: Work lunch thing today. Counseling tonight (just me solo). DH and I had another talk last night so I only got ~5 hrs of sleep, maybe less. I'm just ready to get this over with, I can't keep having this same fight we've had over and over for the past 7 years. He doesn't understand counseling and feels kinda threatened by it because he's never experienced it. On the plus side, when I have stress/anxiety my appetite goes in the crapper so I think I've lost a couple pounds.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR2- RP and I decided to skip the race on Saturday (we hadn't registered yet). She's got shin pain and I'm just not in the mood to race.

runnergirl- have fun with your parents. I've always thought pumpkin innards are squicky.

zorbs- ugh I hate mouth burns. Its the worst when the skin starts sloughing off Sad

Ernie- I think R knows most of his colors, but he thinks he's funny when he tells me that everything is Blue.

mzm- that's crazy that DD will be 6!  When is your due date again?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning ladies... not gonna bother with personals today, woke up in the middle of the night sick, with diarrhea.  O was sick when I picked her up last night also.

RR - supposed to run 12k today, not sure, I'm feeling pretty good after sleeping in and my fever is gone, playing it by ear but I'll probably attempt it this afternoon.

TR - have to make sure we are organized with what she's wearing for halloween.

BR - came home with a fever last night, she just drank milk, got some drugs and went to bed.  No fever in the am, so I sent her to the dayhome, hopefully she's ok.

k...  have a good one ladies!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- Hope you and the family feel better soon! If its the same bug R got, it will last about 48 hours. Hang in there and drink lots of fluids.

runnergirl9508

RR2- just over 7 miles before sunrise- felt awesome and it was so quiet out this morning. perfect start to the day! raked leaves with R, well he jumped in the piles, for a while before his nap too.

CA- ugh on the tummy issues. hope you're feeling better soon. i'd rather have that kind of bug than a vomiting bug any day, though. Gatorade and rest! hope the girls are healthy too!

spike- bummer about the race, but better to save it for a good day, right? sorry about the fighting with DH. I hope the counseling session is helpful. I'm the same way- stress completely zaps my appetite. nice job on the run last night! LOL on the warm tights- I had a pair of New Balance black tights that were super warm, but yep, definitely granny tights- high waist and everything! hooray for the dry overnights!

mrszm- hey! good to see you. how are you feeling? sorry the hip is bugging you- is it IT band related? wow, happy 6th to DD1! sounds like a fun and busy weekend planned- enjoy!

Ernie- parents are staying thru Saturday morning. We grocery shopped early today too- just after the old people rush, but before the lunch time crowd. it was almost empty in the store. lol on the finger painting- R used a brush the other day when I set him up with paints. silly boy.

zorbs- hope the yoga was good to your hips! pinterest has about a million ideas for pumpkin carving, i'm sure a robot could be found on there! what's your Halloween costume?

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - costume is a secret until tomorrow, but it involves a tutu.

ernie - the way B says yellow "lellow" is cute too. OMG I would be scared to let B finger paint.

mrszm - somehow I think leftovers are better if you freeze small portions and not have to work through a giant pile of them in the fridge.

spike - I have lole glorious leggings and think they are plenty warm but considering I'm the one in skirts and calf sleeves in the middle of winter, maybe I'm the wrong person to ask.  If it was well below zero and ice/snow/wet, I would double up.  My warmest tights are the fuzzy lulu ones.  Don't know what name because they change the name every year.

CA - hope you feel better soon.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Well now I'm home with a sick baby, dayhome called and her fever was 103. If I run it'll be on the treadmill. RG , yes better than throwing up for sure!! On a plus side I weighed myself and I'm the lowest I've weighed since college :-/

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- I have the Lulu Get up and Glow tights that have a brushed fleece interior and they aren't as warm as my Brooks or UA ones. We have wind here pretty much 24/7 so I have noticed the chill mostly based on that- cuts through the lulu/lole tights more because the fabric isn't as thick as the others. I looked at getting wind blocker tights but, I think I'd be better served by getting a second layer I could wear over my tights a couple times before washing- either a looser fitting pant or maybe a down skirt.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

the down skirt doesn't do shit for warmth, but the wind pants are great.

BermyHorse

RR: I just did 10m in total for a speed work out. This was, by far, the most gruelling, ridiculously challenging breaking hard workout I have done. I am affectionately calling it the Lactate Ladder. It was 3m warm up with plyo and strides. Then ladder intervals of 400, 800, 1200, 1mile, 1200, 800, 400 all run at 6.30-6.45min/miles. Rest in between was half the interval of a few steps walking then jogging. The first 400 and 800 were totally fine, like 'bring it on' and then I stated to dig deep during the 1200 and the mile I hit the LT wall. Holy hurting. Then the rest of the workout was a blurry mantra of "this is what makes you faster" and "just move your legs". There could have been 10000 wild lions running past me and I would not have even noticed. It was shockingly 78 degrees and hot too. My legs are still wobbly.

NRR: my LLL meeting venue has changed hands and we are homeless. We need to find somewhere free and fast for next tues. hhmmm. DS and I will head to home depot for a gander at the plants. Any other ideas for gardening stores? I just don't know any. And my posh subdivision have postponed halloween until friday cos of crap weather.

TR: absolutely full of cold. But I love how bermy5 will still take him anyway and looks after him like mother hen.

FR: crock pot meal - italian wild rice and chicken with mushrooms and other stuff. Don't have to think about it, and everyone gets a really healthy meal effortlessly as I made it last night.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

BermyHorse

rg – so cute on raking the leaves. Shame Arm wasn’t there to help you – she loves that! Yay for your mom and dad coming! How exciting! Hope they had a nice time in Hawaii.

Zorbs – good luck on that shopping list. And do you have a good guide of what to wear for what temperatures or a link to one you like? I turned up yesterday for a 4m recovery run in 59 degrees in full tights and a l/s thermal and I was so ridiculously overdressed it wasn’t even funny.

Ernie – so cute on finger painting. And I was very interested to read about your acupuncture. I was 12 days late with DS and had acupuncture and my contractions started as soon as I left the office.

Mrszm – yay for posting! Hay lady! All sounds good in the world of you! Apart from that hip. Hope it cooperates.

Spike – best of luck at counseling tonight. I loved counseling – it’s like going to the spa for your soul. And so luxurious just to have someone paid to listen and advocate just for your needs. Let it rip lady!!! Get your money’s worth!!

CA – yay on weight (is that what you want?) but also I am sure your body shape it looking fab after your disciplined exercise too. Big hugs on your hard day with sick kids. It sucks. DS is sick but not as bad as what you have on your hands there. Hugs lady x

why is everyone posting on fb? did I miss a PSA? I am so out of touch and usually the last person to know anything.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31