Womens Running

Coffee Filled WEEKENDS!! (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

National Coffee day!!!! Isn't everyday coffee day?

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

6.2 for me. Heading to core in about an hour.

Why am I tapering? Why couldn't I have run 10+ miles this morning? 56 degrees!!! I was chilly in my shorts and tank Smile Felt really awesome. Run was awesome. Speedier than normal Smile Ends me at 43+ for the week. Big time taper next week - shooting for mileage in the low 20's. ITS ALMOST RACE WEEK!!!!

I had a hard time sleeping last night. Could have been the 2 hour nap I took when I got home - or because HCF wasn't home. He worked 8am-midnight. They had a project to do last night. I mean, that is illegal! He is on salary and they don't do comp time!! How is that far?! And he doesn't make much! UGH. Okay, rant over. I can't be mad if he is content with it. I can only assume that since he isn't looking for another job. I just want to shake him and tell him he is better than this!

I have to do some adulting today after the gym. Hopefully its done early so we can catch up on some shows - Chicago Fire, Greys, Etc. Smile We will have company tomorrow - celebrating HCF and his twin sister's birthdays.

Docket - I would say those temps are pretty good for Chicago! It could be worse!!

Lisa - YES you are totally right about this sport and pace. I have been following one of my friends who is training for her first marathon. She is speedy at a half marathon! In the 8’s. TOTALLY JEALOUS. But I think she is having a hard time slowing down - I guess we were all there once. She did her first 20 last week and ended up having to walk the end. Its hard to accept MENTALLY. Wait. Your 401K had to be split for the divorce???

Karen - Oh, our conversations are similar. Wink

Happy Weekend!

Docket_Rocket

Yeap, temps could be worse but that's too hot for marathoning!  I have 4 tonight.  Forgot one of my BP meds last night, and at 6am needed to ask hubby for ibuprofen (he was going to the bathroom so oops) because my head and ear were hurting a bit.  He is changing my ABx since this one is destroying my stomach.

Liz, nice run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

I've been pretty much up since 3:45. Huckles just wouldn't go back to sleep. Left both dogs running around in the house at 5:40 to go to my group run. DH was still sleeping. Ran 9 miles. Warm and humid, as usual. I was tired, but the actual running felt good. Ran the first several miles with the ~10 minute mile runners, then turned back and ran back to the 12 minute milers and ran with them for a few. Last mile by myself in the 9s. My seminar speaker blew us off, but everyone seemed okay with it. Just as the walkers came in and I was leaving the store it started to rain. "Perfect timing" I said. Then I remembered I had to go pick up the water cooler in the pouring rain. Got home to a crying Huckleberry blocked off in the bathroom and a nervous Riley due to the storm. They're both sleeping now. I had another cup of coffee and am now jittery AND tired. There is a nap in my future. It stormed pretty good - I'm thinking DH most of gotten soaked on his ride.

Liz, it IS almost race week! Hooray. Have fun with the birthday celebration tomorrow - this is his twin sister with the crazy kids, right?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Local 5k this morning. 29:32. Goal met--beat a specific woman (insert evil grin here) and finished under 30 minutes. Came home and mopped all the floors, ran a couple of errands and sewed a bit.

Our kayaking trip tomorrow was cancelled due to high water. I'm glad. Would have been fun, but I really want to just stay home.

Last night babysat Ann Marie. We took her to the church potluck and bingo. She likes to people watch. Started screaming as soon as we put her in the car. Took her home, changed and bottled her. She was up and down till DD got home. Then I think she was up a couple more times during the night. I went by today and she was all smiles.

DS1 and DIL are having a gender reveal party in two weeks!!! So excited about GB #2.

Have a great weekend!!

Amen to every day is coffee day!!!

Liz-you are tapering because you will feel awesome come race morning!! As for the divorce... I am free and I gladly paid the price of freedumb. LOL

Damaris-ugh on the stomach issues. that is no fun!

Karen-I'm so excited about planning my 100 miler schedule and being there for you to complete yours! You will do so well! I can't wait to be there either to crew or pace!

Sue-LOL at your goal!!! Congrats on beating "it!"

DC and I went for nice bike ride into town for coffee and back.. about 17 miles total. Then some errands which somehow included a bloody mary bar for a few hours.  I think I have my 100 mile race picked.

Javelina Jundred. While I'm not crazy about the idea of no tree and dessert (or is that desert?).. I am so into the party aspect of it that I think will keep the loops humming along. Love that during the night there is a JackAss 31 or 62k run on same trails to entertain the 100 milers. LOL

Lisa

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 easy miles and some strength training.

I agree with everyone who says every day is coffee day.

Docket_Rocket

4 on the TM done.  New ABx feels OK.

Karen, sorry about Huck's lack of sleep.

Susan, excellent race!  Congrats!

Lisa, good luck!

JCK, nice 4.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Yep, duh, every day is coffee day!  Silly marketing people.  I’ve finally started feeling back to normal.  Went for a 7.5 mile walk with DH today. Going to start running again tomorrow.  Haven’t run since Sunday, legs should be well rested, lol.

Lisa, I’m intrigued by Javelina!  Because of the atmosphere, as you said. Maybe, possibly I’ll join you.  But, will depend on how other things go earlier in the year.  Also looking at Silver State 50 in May and Castle Peak 100k in August.   Nov. would be good timing...

Damaris, hope the antibiotics continue working!

CrazySue, nice job making your goal at the 5k!  

Karen, nice job juggling the baby runners, the pups, and the DH.

Lizzie, are you weather-stalking for Twin Cities yet?  

Seloc, how’s the wonky hammy/glute/back?  Have you made a PT appt?

HCK, nice workouts.

Good night, all!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!

Didn't do much yesterday - that was nice! Weather has been gorgeous!

We are heading to HCF's parents later this afternoon to celebrate birthdays. We are doing a late lunch..hopefully we aren't there real late! Going over there with all the kids can be exhausting. Smile

NOT ready to go back tomorrow. Plus, I am a little on edge from the tapering and NERVES are starting to creep in.

Docket - I hope you really get these meds figured out! What is your ideal temp for marathoning?

Karen - OMG yesterday morning was so hectic for you! Nice 8 with the baby runners. Ugh, on the speaker! What are they going to do next weekend when you aren’t there? Yes, this is the sister with the crazy kids. I just have to get mentally prepared. Or take a Xanax.

Susan - Congrats on the 5K!!! Yay for GB #2!!

Lisa - LOL - I guess its all in how you look at it Smile Yay for maybe picking your 100 miler race. I enjoyed watching the video on their website. Smile it looks really fun! Biking for bloody mary’s? I love it!

Margaret - Glad you are finally starting to feel better! Do you know what caused it? Oh, you are going to have a great run today Smile Oh yes, weather stalking started earlier this week. Weather is looking good right now! Maybe some rain, but I am okay with that as long as the temps are good.

Happy Sunday!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, nice Saturday run and then relaxing after!  Enjoy the day at HCF's family.  When do you leave for TCM?

Damaris, sorry for the med struggles.

Karen, bummer about the speaker, but for the best apparently.  Cute pic on FB of Mr. Huck being gated off the stairs.

Sue, too bad about the kayak trip.  Sad  Glad you had a good time with Ann Marie.

Lisa, WOOT WOOT!!  JJ!!  That was a good looking bloody mary yesterday.  Yums.

HCK, nice 4.

Margaret, come to Javelina!  Diane and I are, gulp, in for the 100K.  Glad you are starting to feel better.  Get a nice run in today.

Nothing for me on the running (walking) front.  Worked all day yesterday, will be today, and tomorrow too.  Tomorrow is gonna be a killer.  It is at a busy and disorganized, not too fun clinic.  Honestly, not enough money for what it is, but I signed up before this job popped up.  I have 6 shifts.

Javelina - Anyone, anyone??  There is of course the 100mile, 100K, as well as the Jackass night runs - 31K and 62K.  Fun to be had by all.  How about a fall forum encounter!

OK, time to shower and get the show on the road.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 10 miles tonight.  Chicago's forecast has warmed up meh.  Bring back the 50s and rain, please.

Margaret, glad you are feeling better.

Liz, enjoy the rest!  Ideal marathon weather (by research of elites and others, mind you) is 42F.  I agree. In fact, the start should be at 35F getting to mid 40s at the end.  With sun, of course.  45F is cloudy.

Kat, hoping things calm down at work.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Seloc

Hello friends!  Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.  Nephews game in Fargo was fun though they lost 14-7.  He was sad.  Team was really good and their rival.  They should get another chance at them in playoffs.  It was plenty chilly (30s) but I wore my nephew's football cape thingy and was very comfortable.  He plays both offense and defense so didn't need it.  Fun to see my sister and her family.  Got home about 1pm yesterday and made it to the grocery.  Procured provisions for my guests coming on Friday!!  Rest day yesterday, managed 12 not super painful miles this morning.  Was able to crack my hip about half way through and then things felt better though heavy and awkward.  Scares me a bit into thinking it could be labrum but maybe that's just being pessimistic.  Haven't heard back from PT.  Might have to call tomorrow.  Pretty darn perfect weather.  If it's like this next week I predict some speedy times.  Now sipping coffee finally and doing laundry.  Trying not to break down and turn the heat on - it's 63* in here.  But, never fear, guests, I will warm it up for you 

Kat - nice miles yesterday!  Man you are brave on all these long distance races.  They terrify me!  I can't get over the marathon hump.  Hope work isn't as bad as anticipated.  Your "weekend" comes on Tuesday?

Damaris - man, you can't seem to catch a break.  Hope you get the meds figured out!  Last double digit for you?

Lizzie - dude I am SO STOKED for you!!  You have had another just KILLER training cycle!  You will love this weather.  I'm hoping it holds.  I better shut up about it all so as to not jinx things.  Have fun with the birthday celebration.  Enjoy the CAKE!!  Yeah, I'm not too keen on heading back to work tomorrow either.  But, hey, short week!  WOOT!

Gatsby - dang that's a long walk!  Good luck with your run today.  Fresh legs are awesome.  Glad you are feeling better - that sounded like a doozy.

Lisa - biking and bloodys sounds AWESOME!!

Sue - woohoo!  Congrats on beating HER and nailing your time goal!!

Karen - awwww Huckles is just sooooo stinkin CUTE!!  You are such a good puppy mama.  No doubt you need some sleep, though!  Lizzie and I won't wake you Saturday - promise!!  

Oh, I found this yoga place not too far that is having a deal 30 days for $30.  I think I may go check it out tomorrow.  These hips could use it!

Batteries dying and laundry is dry so I'm outa here - have a good Sunday!!

Seven miles this morning!!!  7!!  I haven't done 7 miles since spring.  WOOHHOOOOOO

Lisa--bike ride sounds fun. Bloody Marys....yum!

Hang in there Kat!!

Have a great Sunday!!!

Birthday run with Katie fell through because of early morning rain. It stopped so DC and I went out for a run... him 6 miles... me 19. Felt good until it felt hard.  Could have been I needed more recovery, could have been I was going faster than necessary, could have been the headache from 2 Bloody Mary's, wine and a rum drink the night before. Only saw a couple of bikes out but there were a bunch of hikers out. Was kind of nice.

for those doing Glass City...if you're interested in checking out the home trail here in Hell, there is a half marathon on the Saturday (day before Glass City). http://www.trailmarathon.com/  It has quite the original name. The Trail, yes, that is the name.

HCK2-nice workout!

Damaris-yeah for the new meds working better!

Margaret-hope your run went okay! JJ was Diane and Kat's suggestion. It does look like a hoot. I wouldn't be all costumed up but an axe murderer shirt would probably be in order and follow the Day of the Dead theme a bit.

Liz-have fun with birthday celebrations!

Kat-We will have to watch registration. I believe it fills pretty fast but we are fast... at least in spending money on race registrations!

Sandy-cracking your hip on a run doesn't sound good. Yoga would be in order. The restorative classes are slow going but get into the tissue that needs stretching; it's super relaxing with lots of props. Yin is a lot like restorative but can be a bit more intense of poses. I do like the flow or Vinyasa or Ashtanga classes because they get work strength, flexibility and balance. Enjoy!

Sue-woohoo for your 7 miles! I hadn't noticed your runs were that much shorter.

Lisa