Womens Running

There it is Thursday - PREGGOS (Read 262 times)

MA runner girl

Post!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

MA runner girl

RR: Didn't end up running yesterday because my parents treadmill was making funky noises. I'm sure it's been a while since it's gotten any use. 3 miles tonight at the gym.

PGR: 23w4d. Argh. Belly burning is still there. I didn't feel it really and then I just sat down... I'm going to the chiro after work to see if she can help. Hopefully a weekend of not too much sitting helps as well... sigh. Nothing else other than that. Slept like a rock last night again so that's good.

NPGR: Working at home this morning for a few hours and then heading to the jeweler to drop off my rings to be appraised. I hate being ringless! I was excited that today was the last full day without DH... but he mentioned maybe having to stay tomorrow night too. Ugh! I surely hope not, esp because we have tickets to the Uconn Football game on Saturday and that would be a huge waste of $40 if he can't go!

Have a great day, I'll hopefully be back for personals later.

tinyteri

35 weeks and 6 days

PGR: I was up on and off last night due to some serious but variable frequency lower abdomen and back cramping coupled with several bouts diarrhea...could today be the day?!  In between the cramping baby was kicking like he wanted to get OUT, haha.

RR: As long as the cramps don't start up again before my running tights are dry I plan to go for a short run and maybe a dvd later.

NPGR: Need to drop off some stuff at goodwill and return some shirts dh had bought for his interview but decided not to use once he realized it was over $200 for 2 shirts.  My friend who is a real estate agent is going to stop by today to discuss our plans.  I think we are going to wait until January when we will be moving rather than deal with it all with a brand new baby.

MArunner: Glad you only have one more day before dh comes home.  Hope the chiro helps

sashannadelina

Morning all!

RR: Nothing yesterday. Blah. Definitely going to the gym for 3 miles sometime before lunch.

PGR: 25 weeks! Holy crap! Can't believe I'm almost into the third trimester already! I keep thinking that as I get closer to my due date I'll be more ready for labor and less scared. So far that hasn't happened... Hoping birthing classes in January will help some.

NPGR: Up early to get DH some food made before he has to head out for his long day at school. I got a lot of work done on his PhD applications last night and just have some small things to finish up before we can submit the first round of them. Doing things online is both easier and harder than the old paper style applications. You have to find a way to scan everything into the computer, which isn't too bad as long as you live close to a library. But there is always something more you forgot. I mean, one of his schools requests transcripts to be scanned and submitted separately, and another wants them scanned into one document! Which means he has to go back and do the work twice.

MA: Such torture! I'm so sorry! But it is awesome that you slept great! I love those nights. Sorry about possibly more time without DH. Hopefully he can just come home so you can go to the game together. Gym sounds good. That's where I'll be...

Terri: Wow! Sounds like baby could come soon... But it also sounds uncomfortable. Take it easy with the run. It's probably still good for you as long as you're not cramping. Good idea to wait a bit on the move. Doing it with a brand new baby would be tough!

CanadaJazz

MA: hope they fix the treadmill! what a pain. Oh - I gotta call the chiro today! good call!

Tiny: eek! I dunno, I had back ache/ dia yesterday too, but I think it's because of my undiagnosed  lactose intolerance.. ahha Today I'm trying to have NO lactose! 200 dollars for 2 shirts!!! I guess it's worth it if you get the job due to style! 

Sasha: birth classes have so far scared me worse about labour! haha. Maybe next week's will be more reassurring as we talk about pain relief, the ladies we saw last week were all no meds. 

ER: Treadmill again, better get above -20 soon or i'll go nuts .. I'm SO SLOW on the treadmill for some reason. 

PR: I'm trying to go no milk for 3 days.. worst 3 days of my life I'm sure.. I am NOT a fan of soy/rice ./ whatever non milk wanna bees but I got some actual milk without lactose which is ok! (but $$) Hopefully I just had a tummy bug or something.. we'll see. 

Off to work! Only have like 3 weeks left total if you take out holidays etc till my term is done and i'll be jobless and have a baby.. eek. 

Ozzyoi

Morning!

PGR - 31w4d. The midwife clinic called to say they had discussed my reduced fundal growth measurements and decided they want me to get an u/s asap to rule out any complications....I'm sure everything will be fine but there's still a twinge of fear, hopefully I can get in the next two days to alleviate any more anxiety...otherwise feeling good, even the SPD and RLP has been absent the last two days! LO still moving a storm, esp at 11pm and 3am...

RR - easy gym workout yesterday, probably an easy elliptical run today, though am hoping for an easy swim after work (note all the "easy"s in front of the workouts...!! I am trying to behave myself!)

NRR - glad we went to the second film night, it was better than the first! DH and I have been discussing possible work scenarios in a few years; if we do like the new location as more than just a "5 yr stint" then DH is keen for me to be a SAHM or one with a new job as we really don't want to work together...not sure how I feel about this; my job is great BUT to open other doors and explore other (probably less well-earning) options is quite appealing?

MA - Bummer on the burning belly - I hope DH gets home soon!

Teri - hopefully just false back contractions? sounds like we will both in moving chaos at around the same time!

Sasha - congrats on 25 weeks, wow! time is flying for all of us it seems! Nice work on the PhD apps, sounds like DH needs to pay you some secretarial pay Smile

CJazz - only 3 weeks, wow. Have you been having any huge nesting kicks? (I haven't). Hopefully you can get outside running soon, the dreadmill can be pretty monotonous!

monk717

Morning!

RR: Skipped it again today. DH still isn't feeling good so I had to take care of A this morning. Maybe tomorrow? 

PGR: 26w6d... trying to get the reflux back under control. Not much else at the moment.

NRR: Not much today... my theme of the day I guess! its been a long week even though I didn't work Monday, its just been hard with not all of us at 100%. Last night DH wasn't feeling good after work so went straight to bed. A and I made macaroni and cheese together and had lots of fun and then went to entertain DH until it was time for her to go to bed. Its nice to have that one-on-one time when she's being good, but its also exhausting! I finally finished the last of the chores that got neglected over the weekend while I was sick. Its nice to have a clean kitchen again! We're hoping DH gets better for the weekend because its supposed to be really nice so we might go hang out downtown and ride the holiday trolley and also maybe buy a present to donate somewhere.

CanadaJazz

Ozzy: Oh, just three weeks of WORK left, not pregnancy!  I'm at 32 weeks! I guess I should have said jobless and having a baby, lol.

And, I just went through the same thing with the ultrasound at 31 weeks because I was measuring 3 cm behind on the test, but everything inside was perfect, so I'm sure you'll be fine! My OB said tall people usually measure behind, not sure how tall you are.. An extra  ultrasound is always fun!

Monk: hope everyone gets back to normal over there!

schmetterling

RR - Was all set to go on a walk with my friend but someone had a screaming meltdown this morning. SIGH. So tomorrow. I'm angrily cleaning the house before I have to leave for class so between the anger or the cleaning I'm sure is burning calories.

PGR - Just when I was worrying having one of those "I don't feel pregnant" days I immediately got nauseous getting out of the shower. I think it was too warm and I hadn't had breakfast yet, but woo that was a doozy.

NPGR - Busy day with class but looking forward to the chiro tomorrow. I'm a mess.

MA runner girl

Terri - Wow, exciting! If this is it, good luck! Whoa, $200 for 2 shirts!? That is insanity! Good call on returning them...

Sasha - Umm I'm terrified, not gonna lie!! I'm in the old preggo group on FB before we made the new one and the other day I got so scared reading a post about post labor. Those PhDapps sound really annoying! I'm glad you are almost done.

Canada - I don't really care if they fix the treadmill, I never use it, just would have been convenient yesterday Wink I'm sorry that you are not feeling well, I hope it's just a bug and not lactose intolerance. Hopefully cutting out dairy at least helps and isn't for nothing.

Ozzy - To answer your question from yesterday, my belly does feel better if I stretch my arms over my head and lean back. It helps to have upright posture too, but that's hard to do at work when I'm leaning over a laptop all day... I hope all is well with the ultrasound, I would be worried too! Canda just went through the asme thing though, and all is well with her so fingers crossed for you too!

Monk - Mmm mac n cheese! Now I want that for dinner tonight, thanks Smile I hope your DH feels better ASAP so you can finally have a healthy household. That is one persistent bug!

Schmetterling - Sorry about the missed workout and meltdown. Cleaning itself burns calories, angry cleaning must be like 2x normal cleaning Wink I hope your nausea was just temporary!

Ozzyoi

Someone asked yesterday about the midwife and knowing the baby is head down? Yep, my midwife could feel it - crazy huh??

Monk - Thank goodness it sounds like things are picking up a bit at your place, it's horrible when you are all sick at the same time...

CJazz - sorry, yeah, I meant to mention 3 weeks til no more work for a while Smile  Alas, I am not a tall person so...no excuses for me there. And both DH and I were 7lb 2oz babies so...no excuses there either... anyway, we'll see how it goes. Baby has been moving so much lately I'll just blame it on him/her for burning excess of their own calories!!

Schmett - sorry to hear about the meltdown, hopefully the rest of the day gets better and you are feeling awesome once your chiro appt is done!

MA - yeah i read about swimbike's "tearing" (and responses to it!) and mentally felt a little uncomfortable, the image is not nice!!! Trying to erase it from my brain...

TNesq

MA - sorry about the belly burning - ugh. I hope your DH is able to make it home tomorrow!

Terri - anxiously waiting to find out if today is the day!!  I hope you're able to get everything figured out with the real estate agent.

sasha - I'm still surprised that I'm already in the second tri - I can't imagine how it feels to hit the 3rd! GL with the PhD apps - those higher learning apps are such a pain Smile

Canada - GL with the no milk - that would definitely be hard for me as I love dairy, especially milk and cheese.  Fingers crossed it's just a minor bug!

Ozzy - Thinking of you with the extra u/s, but I'm sure everything will be fine! Glad you enjoyed the film night.

monk - hope everyone in your house is up to speed again soon - what a yucky bug!

schmett- sorry about the meltdown disrupting your morning. I always clean when I'm angry - I hope my DH doesn't discover this and intentionally antagonize me Smile

PGR: 15w2d. doppler arrived yesterday, tested it out and I'm pretty sure I was able to find two distinct hbs, as one was around 140 and one was around 160ish - it's hard to tell, but it still makes me irritated that former OB didn't even try. 

RR: Nothing. was a complete pile of sickness yesterday.  Feeling better today, but bball practice tonight so probably no time.

NPGR: Not much, just getting over the cold, feeling much better today.   We are going to the Vikings/Packers game on Sunday, so I'm hoping this cold will be fairly wrapped up by then, otherwise it won't be too enjoyable sitting outside for the game.

sashannadelina

Did my 3 mile run (plus a half mile walk at the end) so I can check that off my list. I think I might have pushed it a bit too hard though cause I was feeling slightly overheated and that usually doesn't happen. Probably I need to pay more attention to my body. But the baby has been moving so I don't think I overdid it too much.

Canada: Well since everyone at my birthing classes will be going all natural (I'm using a birthing center with midwives as opposed to a hospital) the only pain relief they will be talking is hot tubs, which actually sound pretty good. My doula is doing the classes on a method called "hypnobirthing." I know, it sounds way weird, but she seems down to earth, so hopefully it will be fine. Great job keeping up the running, despite the frustration of constant TM use. And yay for only 3 weeks of work total!

Ozzy: I love all your "easy" adjectives! I know it is hard for you when you're used to going pretty intense all the time! Probably everything is fine with your baby. Some women just don't grow as much on the outside. Your photo on facebook looks fantastic btw!

Monk: I can't wait to be able to do things like cook with my LO like you do with A! So fun! And a downtown holiday trolley ride sounds like a blast. Hope DH gets better quickly so that you can go enjoy all the seasonal fun!

Schmett: So sorry about your rough morning! Wow! It never rains, but it pours. Sounds like you could use the chiro and maybe a yoga class too.

MA: hahaha! So I'm almost done with the first "round". He is applying to 13 schools and is doing it in three rounds of 4 or 5 schools each. So this is the first 4. Hope to have them submitted tonight. Then next week is round 2...

TN: Exciting to hear both heartbeats. Your first OB was super lame! I'm glad you switched! So glad you are feeling better. Hope you can enjoy the game this weekend. I have to confess, I have never been to a football game, but I think it would be SO much fun! Maybe after I quit my job and no longer have to work them all, I can actually go to one.

CanadaJazz

Sasha: so is it you or your hubby applying for Phd? My hubby switched mid masters to a phd, which is why we're in this bad timing incident of him being in school and my term at work ending.. eek! Oh well, will be worth it when he is done, although I did like rubbing in the fact that I had a Master's and he didn't.. I still can for a year and a half!

I would go au natural if I was at home - we have good midwives, here i't's kinda redneck and I would get strange comments - easier to use the hospital, and use the 'walking epidural' which you administer yourself, so I get as much as I want/don't want and don't go numb, can walk around and labour.

TN:  I would be so pumped having twins! 2 for 1! glad your new OB is better..

Mannluna

PG: I signed up for a few classes, preparing for childbirth, breastfeeding, newborn care, infant safety.  They start in March.

RR: substituting spin class for a run tonight.  Don’t want to run in the dark and rain :-(

MA: nice you can work from home.

Tiny: hope you feel better

Sash/Canada: I'm super scared of labor.  Trying not to think about it too much at this stage.  Hoping exercising throughout pregnancy really helps.

Ozzy: sending good vibes your way

monk: hope you get to enjoy some holiday fun this weekend

TN: I cant believe your OB didnt even try to hear the HB.  I've been lucky so far I've had great experience at my appts. (other than have to reschedule at the last min)