Womens Running

Woohoo Wednesdailies! (Read 15 times)

I ran 5 miles this morning! Woohoo!  And my daily meetings are canceled again -- Woohoo!!!

Docket_Rocket

Double woohoo for you!

I have 4 and PT. My hip is sore from yesterday (first time the glute/hip bothers me in 4 weeks!) and I'm tempted to move my run to tomorrow but that would be 4 days of straight running and I've not done that in a while. I'll see how I feel at noon as I also dreamed of my dad and didn't sleep well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Strike that. Meeting after meeting this morning, so I won't have much time between this and the PT to run. Plus is the last day of the law intern I am mentoring. I'll move it to tomorrow where I hope it will be quieter.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Kilmisters

Seems like frustration of the day here seems to be meetings, so I'll tease you, ladies, by saying I only had one today, and managed to get my daylight (snowy trail!) run in after submitting some numbers and before the said meeting Smile Would be nice to achieve smth similar tomorrow as I am considering joining my ex-floorball team for evening practice. I feel comfortable adding this extra workload, seems like consistency getting the easy runs in is paying off, I feel like I can do more w/o risking w injury/fatigue. My mileage is very modest, but those low HR 7-15km runs day after day after day are working.

Work is fun as always in both good and bad sense. I really really just want to start my new position. On the other hand, the function I am doing right now, holding the Baltics planning and logistics together, has to be handed over carefully and when the right time/person comes. Not sure when that will be, but I was told it's under process. Hopefully so.

Interactions w minis are also fun on daily basis Smile I'd love to WFH forever, if possible, haha! If they stop stealing my work-snacks (cookies, mini sandwiches etc.) while I am not looking, of course Wink

Cathy, good luck in the 5k race and don't be modest w the time goal/pacing, we all know you're capable of what Karen was saying! Smile

Liz, glad to see you checking in! Baby B seems like a real energy bunny / perpetual motion machine, hehe. Great call re: booster shot while breastfeeding! Science is so exciting!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Anonymous Guest

10 w/ 5x1000 at 5k pace done. That was hard. I found the flattest section I could for the 1000s, but it was still not flat. Turns out that is the only strava segment around here.....missed the crown by 1 second. DH said "go back out there and get it".......hahaha, no. I could barely finish the cool down mile at the end, in fact I took a walk break during it. Did the first four miles in the hilly neighborhood, stopped by the house and chugged some powerade, then did the intervals. Now I have groceries to buy, boxes to unpack, and a floor to clean. The darker floor seemed like a good idea to hide dirt, but you know what it doesn't hide? White dog fur. Piles and piles of fur. Both dogs are shedding bad, I'm thinking maybe from the stress of the morning and all the people coming and going, etc.

Susan, sounds like an awesome morning for you!

Damaris, less so.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Kilmisters

Damn, Karen! Isn't 5x1k @ 5k pace one of the toughest commonly known workouts? What rest did you take between the repeats?

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

No frustrating meetings taking place here. I'm laid off this week. So made the last couple days really productive and Monday I put up the Christmas decorations. And yesterday I had a friend teach me how to make pie shells. We made a half dozen tourtierres (not sure if I spelled that correctly but it's basically French Canadian meat pie) and since I had a few apples we winged it and made an apple pie. The apple pie could have been better but it was still yummy. I need to practice with the pastry making. Betty Crocker I'm not.

Today I ran 5 miles of hills. They went surprisingly really well. This weather agrees with me.

Kat if you don't want to go to the party you shouldn't feel guilty. It's your time to do what you want.

Liz, baby B is adorable. I am not surprised you are getting the itch for another

Judy...I hope you continue to feel better

Waving hi to everyone else. Someday I will get better at personals. I just find it sooooo hard on the phone so I basically just go from memory.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Karen--I read that you should pick a floor color that matches your dog.  Weimaraner gray here! lol

Speaking of weims, my DD had to put down Gracie this morning. She was 13.  It was a hard decision to make.  Well loved girl she was. 

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Karen--I read that you should pick a floor color that matches your dog.  Weimaraner gray here! lol

Speaking of weims, my DD had to put down Gracie this morning. She was 13.  It was a hard decision to make.  Well loved girl she was. 

I'm so sorry

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Seloc

Just finished up the all day meeting.  It wasn't too bad.  Just mostly for awareness on my part.  At least, I think LOL.  Just fitness class this morning.  Made sure to walk Lily before because I didn't have time after.  So, I's a leetle tiiired.

Sue - OMG I am so sorry for Gracie!!  I know that's a good long life but my goodness still so sad.  Nice run this morning and wooohooo on the canceled meetings!!  Congrats on being ahead of the Christmas prep!

Damaris - sorry for all the meetings for you today.  Whatcha PTing?

Elina - awesome you are seeing progress with the running!  Like Des says "just keep showing up".  I love that.  How old are the minis now?

Lori - wow, you've been busy!  Nice job on Bertha.

Karen - whoa - freakin killer workout this morning!  LOL I saw your segments and thought maybe you had made them only because it's a newer neighborhood.  But, I did see someone comment to you they want to go running so maybe not?  And then you had a 2nd workout with everything else you have on your agenda.  Awesome sunrise photo yesterday.

Cathy - glad DD is liking club volleyball!  OMG so sad about the daughter's suicide.  Ugh.  Too young.  And sooo preventable.  Those poor parents.  Do you have a McMillan book or subscribe online?  Just toying with ideas over here.  LOL on TF not getting any leftover pie.  Awwww I think your road trip is so cute.  It seems like TF needs you around!  When do you guys leave?  So awesome you are headed toward warmer weather.  Though I really can't complain - it's 49* here today on Dec 1 - WOOT!!

Liz - Hi mama!  So happy to see you check in.  I cannot IMAGINE your busy life.  Whew!  Baby B is freakin adorable.  How about you with baby fever??  Might as well!  So happy you had a nice Thanksgiving.  Exciting about the new car.  Ouch on the PF.  Hopefully it's short lived.  Congrats on the weight but, not surprised with how active and busy you have been.  LOL glad you didn't abandon your cart in the grocery store.  I had thoughts of the same on Sunday but had no alternative.  If I left, I would have had to go somewhere else because I seriously had zero food.  That may sound like an exaggeration but, nope.  And now I've eaten almost all of my grey soup so am about down to zero again.  I swear.  I wish I could just hook up an IV overnight for nutrition and skip all this grocery store / cooking BS.

Kat - mmmmm me thinks I'd skip that kinda Christmas party, too.  I guess that's TX for ya?

HCK - a 2 week cold?  Yikes.  Maybe you can use that as your excuse not to go into the office?  Where do you even pick that up?

Alright - I'm wiped.  I really should do a couple more work thingys but Imma gonna log off.  Later, kids...

Half Crazy K 2.0

Ugh, this booster has kicked my ass. I can barely lift my arm, have had fever, chills and aches since last night. Tried to work and that was not happening. I was also nauseous.

CrazySue, sorry for the loss of Gracie.

Anonymous Guest

Susan, oh no, how sad. I am so sorry.

Damn, Karen! Isn't 5x1k @ 5k pace one of the toughest commonly known workouts? What rest did you take between the repeats?

I programmed 600s into my watch for recovery, worked for the most part, but for the couple times I had to walk a little during they were probably a bit too long.

Sandy, yay for surviving the all-day meeting! Those segments don't get a lot of people because it's in the gated neighborhood behind our neighborhood. Our neighborhood now connects to the back of it, but they haven't gotten the gate completed and operational. It's the flattest neighborhood in this area, so I'll be sad once I can't get there anymore. And I feel like I need to get the crown - I did a little stalking and the girl that has it actually lives in my neighborhood, so if I time it right, maybe I can get it and keep it. Oh, the girl that wanted to meet up and run - friend originally from Maryland, her husband was also ExMob (and in fact twice during DH's career he worked for the guy), they moved to TX around the same time we did, then built their retirement house about 30-40 minutes south of here. I joke with her that we are following them around the country, just living in slightly less affluent towns. They were in Davidsonville when we were in Bowie, in Cypress when we were in Tomball, and now in Georgetown while we're in Nolanville. (I'm sure that means nothing to you, but they were always in the nicer area. And still are, as they could be practically be considered an Austin suburb.)

Lori, yum, I love Canadian meat pie! We had Canadian friends in Maryland that always did a Christmas Eve dinner and it was so so good.

HCK, sorry you're struggling. At least you know it's temporary, I guess? Hope you feel better soon!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

I didn't run but PT was super painful, lol. We worked on the psoas. I didn't want to run or do Barre now so I did a quick 20 minute workout that had be sweating, so I say it was well spent.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

CrazySue, I'm so sorry for your loss of Gracie. :::HUGS:::

HCK 2.0, I'm sorry about the booster. It sounds just like mine. An odd thing was sometimes the feeling that I had very, very fine sand or dust in my eyes. DS had it too. Hope you feel a lot better soon. :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Sue, I am so sorry. Sad

Damaris

Fundraising Page