Womens Running

Thumbs UP THURSDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 16 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Almost there!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Body Pump class for me this morning. Running rest day.

Body Pump was good but good lord, my shoulders! I could hardly wash my hair afterwords. The back track was also KILLER too. I am going to be sooorrreee tomorrow.

Looking like a gorgeous weekend for us! Low humidity! WOOT! We are spending lots of time with family this weekend since it is Fathers Day weekend. Saturday with my family, Sunday with his. I will probably need a couple Xanax. Wink Hoping to get over to the grocery store around lunch time. I have to make a quick stop in Sams Club, too. Making potato salad for the weekend. Never have made it before..going to try it without mayo.

Docket – MMMM those dough bagels sound really good!

Run4kupcakes – Not even Reeses cups?!

Have a good day everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Lizzie just beat me to starting the thread!    I was going to say Thankful Thursdays, because there is always something to be thankful for.  I'm at work early today, I decided to go in early and... get ready for this... run in the afternoon!    It was 45 with a 20 mph wind this morning, so a feels like in the 30's.  Since the kids don't have school I can just go home early and run.  It will still be windy, but windy and 60's is preferable to being cold!  I am tired of being cold. 

For those that asked about the kid's summer school, younger DD has gym, cooking, and art.  Older DD going into high school doesn't have much of a choice, HS summer school is mainly for those retaking classes.  She is taking health class and a metals/jewelry class.  It's only a half day and it mainly is just to keep them busy for a month.    I also take them to the library regularly and "force" them to read.    They also have various camps scheduled.

Lizzie, sounds like a tough class!  Enjoy the running rest day.  I hope you survive the weekend.    I have a really tough run this Sunday.  Not sure if I will survive that!  2x2 miles at 8:17 pace with a 2 minute recovery in between.  What?!?  I was considering doing it on the TM to force myself to run the pace.    Well, I would do what Karen is doing IF I was Karen.  Luckily I am not Karen.  At least in terms of the 100 miler.    I hope the Kinvara's work for you.  They are the shoe I wear most often now, I usually rotate between them and the Wave Riders.  The only thing I dislike about the 10's is that they have super long laces!  I have to tuck them in.  They do have a lower drop, so not sure how your achilles will like them.  Break them in slowly.    I saw some sports bras at Target with the pads constructed as part of the bra!  I didn't have time to try one on.  I may have to do that.

Damaris, those bagels do sound good.  Haha, good thing you checked your schedule before running.  

Karen, The Night Before, eh?  I will add that to my list.    Haha, that was a bit annoying about Anonymous Girl.  That HR does seem abnormally high for you for those paces.  Are those parents peeling off with glee after dropping their kids off?    You are using the wrist HR now?  It does seem to be inconsistent at times, I've noticed that on my RB's charts with wrist HR.  As well as Liz's.    I am still "old school" with the chest strap.   

Carol, maybe a tri after the marathon?  

Sandy, nice to see that you are alive, I was going to check up on you.    You are getting your miles in!  We may have some 80's next week.  It will be close.    Weird weather indeed.  And all that rain was enough to get the mosquitos out in full force.  Boo!   I was just not feeling running outside this morning.  We should NOT be wearing mittens in June!

Judy, hope the arm is better.  I may have to look into getting the Shingles shot...  At first I thought you were going to Washington DC.  

Kat, getting in/out of sports bras is a test of your flexibility.    Your poor feet.

Diane, your horses are pretty!  Thanks for sharing the pics.

Cathy

dhuffman63

Trails

For Judy, the dogs:

This is Jasper, he's a beagle/American Eskimo mix...furry like the AE but colored like the beagle.  He's the smallest.

Jasper

This is Squiggy...he was MIL's dog and we got when she died last year.  He looks to be a basset/shepard mix.  Next smallest.

Squiggy

This is Susie also one of MIL's dogs....think she is a lab.

Susie

This is Nick the Australian Shepard.  Found him wandering the road.

Nick

This is Duke, he's an Anatolian Shepard.  Lived in the pound for his first 3 years until we adopted him.  The biggest but sweetest dog ever.

Duke

And Charlie Brown...aka Chuckie Baby.  He's a pit/corgi mix.  He's my shadow.

Chuckie

I'll post cats tomorrow depending if I can get their pics....silly cats.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  RD for me.  I'm sore from my workout, ha.  The bagels were delicious but too low in carbs to run the workout I had.  Live and learn.

Liz, enjoy the rest day!

Cathy, enjoy the afternoon run!

Diane, lovely puppies.

Damaris

Seloc

HCK – I like the taste of almond butter and sometimes get it from Trader Joe’s but I don’t like that you have to stir it – it gets messy haha.

Damaris – those bagels sound delicious!  I asked the Google and even I could manage making them – might have to try.  I even have almond flour on hand.  But, yeah, I can see why it wasn’t enough carbs to fuel your workout – that was a tough one!

Liz – just consistently inconsistent over here.  Oh, and wanted to make sure I told you I could see my breath this morning on my run mwahahaha  You have been quite the consumer lately!  Fun about all the new duds and such.  Sounds like a fun weekend with family.  Good luck with your potato salad!

Karen – yeah, running is a fickle beast.  One feels good, one feels like crap.  What can ya do but just keep showin’ up to use Desi’s line.  I put The Night Before on my list so thanks!  I’m currently reading Pieces of Her by Karin Slaughter.  My friend lent it to me – she had heard it was good.  It’s pretty good – I might have put it down if it hadn’t been for her.  Lots of characters and weird random things that don’t all go together yet.  I need a change in genre –something light and fluffy next!  LOL  Oh yeah, 100 miles!  WOOT!  You WILL get that revenge!!

Carol – I forgot you have done HIMs!  Dang, lady!!  Any interest in the full??  I cannot imagine.

Diane – love the pics of your babies!  Oh wow, I had no idea you had so many.  Are they all house pets? You must have a big house!

Cathy – yep yep, I’m alive.  Nothing can kill this ol’ gray mare.  Ha.  I woulda postponed your run until later, too – brrrrrrr.  It was in the 40s here but no wind.  I could see my breath and should have grabbed gloves!  Instead had my hands up my sleeves the whole time.  Gorgeous sunrise, though.  That’s nice you can adjust your schedule a bit now that the kids are off school.  Their summer school classes sound fun!  My sisters and I were just talking about the clay class we would take in the summer – we all still have the piggy banks we made haha

6 miles with the fastest girl.  Whew.  I’m happy to be alive to tell about it.  Not much else to report.  Work is super busy, no plans for the weekend.  Cheerio!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am one of those that gains weight when I run more, and I don't eat more or any of the myths people throw at you.

Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

Yes Seloc they are all house pets and no not a big house.  In fact it's basically a one bedroom apartment with a 2 car garage that we use for the crates, washer/dryer/fitness area/storage.  Neither of use has or needs "stuff" and the smaller house means less time cleaning.  We do have 40 acres and a very large barn so we aren't on top of each other.  As long as I have room for my TM I'm happy.  Course I do vacuum every other day.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Dhuffman63, thanks for the pics of the dogs!! I'll look forward to the cats also.   I'm glad you're posting. <3

45 TM running minutes and 25 minutes biking this morning. My shot arm has a 3" X 3" hot bump on it  but that is definitely better than shingles! 

Happy exercise, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

dhuffman63

Trails

I went to the gym at lunch and did 30 min on the recumbent bike...no pain while pedaling and back didn't hurt any worse than before.  I'll try other pieces of equipment too and see what works and what doesn't.

Of course if you think the TM is boring the bike is even more so.

Bikerchick1

Lizzie - That is a lot of “family” for the weekend!  Will you use mustard instead of mayo for your potato salad?

Cathy - DD’s summer school sounds fun!  That will be quite a work out!!!

Diane - Love the pictures!  Thanks for the article on the weight gain.  I am one of those......i do think I have an issue with the whole cortisol/stress  thing when doing long events/runs.  Good job on the biking at the gym.

Damarias - How Are you feeling with the lower miles?

Sandy - Yay for 6 with the fast girl!!!  As far as an IM, I have thought about it...if I were 10 years younger I would attempt it.  And honestly a HIM is easier than a marathon...just more things to deal with water (not drowning or panicking), biking (crash/mechanical problem), Run (holy tired legs/usually brutally hot by then)...sounds like fun, eh .

Karen - Hmmmm, I liked how you snuck that “100” in the other day.  On FB, I really like someone ‘s comment “something about you Dad saying you will have unfinished business if you don’t do it”....I think that is how it went.  Anyhow, if that is how your Dad is, explains where you have gotten your drive...that is awesome!

enjoying some taper time Smile.  Did get bib # in the mail.....I admit I am nervous, I don’t have big expectations on myself,  it I always feel like 26.2 is a crapshoot and anything can happen.  I’m thinking of it as another State off my list!

Carol

Anonymous Guest

Beautiful morning again today here. Humidity is coming back for the weekend, but these last three days have been glorious. Last night we just hung out in the backyard with the dogs until about 9 or so, just because it was pleasant out there. I ran 10 this morning, more miles at a faster pace, and my HR according to my Garmin was much lower than yesterdays slow, easy miles. Today's seemed right, so ignoring yesterday.

Liz, I'm planning on body pump tomorrow. May take that description into account when choosing my weights, especially since I missed last week.

Cathy, I'm having trouble even imagining your weather right now. Waiting until later in the day to run.....nope, doesn't make sense. That workout sounds tough, but similar to a lot of the tempo workouts I did training for GC. Same pace too, which makes sense since we were similar speed for the half. So I know you can do it. I will admit a couple of the longer ones (like 4x2.5 miles w/ 3 minutes) I might have stopped my watch and sat down for a few minutes before doing the last one. Yes on the wrist HR. I have never been able to use the chest strap running, it chafes no matter what I do. The fenix is better at it than my 235 was, but still (obviously) not super precise.

Diane, your dogs are awesome. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Damaris, keto bagels are definitely nowhere near krispy kreme, that's for sure. Not that you normally do donuts before a workout, but I guess we know the bagels are definitely not a pre-race meal!

Sandy, "I asked the Google"....that sounds like something I'd say. 6 with the fastest of the fasaties, woohoo! While your weather sounds lovely for running, I'm going have to say I'd probably be ready for some warmer temps if I lived there. I mean, summer sucks for running, sure, but still, it's summer.

Judy, nice running and biking. And yes, definitely better than shingles!

This has taken me forever to finish up! Silly distractions. I need to get to the grocery store yet and finish my laundry, so I better get to it. Spent the morning after running on a bunch of marketing stuff for my running group, which is much more fun than my chores.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

See, I told you it took me a long time. Carol "snuck" in there, posting a half hour before me...who knows how much longer it took!

Carol, yes, that was actually my dad posting. My parents are those people that share a facebook account, so even though it showed my mom posting, he wanted to make sure I knew it was him responding. And he knows me well. You are right, 26.2 is pretty much a crapshoot and anything can happen. I liked Meb's latest book 26 Marathons - he was big on adjusting his goals during a race if it didn't go as planned.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Carol, I feel good, although yesterday's workout took a lot more than before (could be the lack of sugar and carbs before it or the VitD deficiency).  But feeling great and my legs no longer feel like bricks.

Karen, lol.  It's a good way to find out, trying these things now.

HOUSTON CALLED AND I'M BEING INTERVIEWED TUESDAY!

Still hoping for Indy to call, sigh.

Damaris