Womens Running

Summer's here! Monday (Read 12 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - undetermined distance, 5-8K.  Here's my race report from yesterday.

KR - wanted some 'slipperies' in his water.  Oh you mean ice cubes?

FR - either fried noodles or chicken satay with cold peanut noodle salad.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Kantkatchme

Rr- 30" later.  I'm gonna try this run by time thing.  I meant to go first thing this morning, but has forgotten a load in the washer that had all my sports bras.

Nrr- I sympathize with those that have dogs who have accidents. I stepped in poo @4 am. (Barf). Someone had diarrhea on the carpet in A's room.

Br- up since 4am. I think she's about the fall back asleep, now that it's time to wake up.

Nrr2- baby raccoons up the tree in the back yard this morning (4:30). They are cute when they're small! So glad the dog didn't bark, although getting her back in once she had tree'd them was a feat. Those were her raccoons! Ha.

Fr- went to the farmers market yesterday, I think its one of my favorite things about summer. Asparagus soup? I forgot to take meat out of the freezer last night. I need to meal plan, know that I have veggies.

zorbs- great job pacing yesterday!  ice cubes in the bath? Brr! Edit - Im not sure why I thought the ice cubes had anything to do with a bath. ha, I need more coffee

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

zorbs- great job pacing yesterday!  ice cubes in the bath? Brr!

lol no, in his cup.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  Nope.  I did run 2 miles on Saturday.  I guess I could put the boys in the double...

BR:  Pooped twice last night.  His room was stinky at 1 when I went in.  Then when I went in at 5, I changed his diaper, but didn't realize there was poop until after it was off.  Thank god the fresh one was underneath.

TR:  Was "hiding" from me last night, but totally doesn't get the concept.  It was more like a game of peek-a-boo.

NRR:  My last week!  Woo Hoo!  So happy to be almost done.  One last big push and it will be over.  3 days of device collection which means I will have a sub, and then the mess to clean up.  Will be working late either tonight or tomorrow so I don't feel horribly behind.

FR:  Had a great salad with strawberries, chicken, and pecans.  Made it in to a wrap which was delicious!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - nope!  Feeling not to bad though, legs are sore, but I can walk down stairs.  It's nothing like how sore I was after Seattle.  Not sure if that is because I didn't push as hard, or if is because it's my second marathon in the last 6 months, and my legs are just used to longer distance.

KR - spent yesterday morning at the zoo with my parents, had a great time.  My mom is picking her up from school today and taking her home for a sleepover tonight.

TR - had a great time also, but was so excited to see me when they got home.  She is a charmer, and I love her snuggles!

FR - hunger hasn't hit yet... I felt pretty sick for most of yesterday, I did manage to drink a couple beers though Smile

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - great pacing job!!  There was some big drama over pacing at the marathon yesterday, and most of the times I saw were 2-3 minutes faster than the goal pace, I thought no one paces better than you and your skirt brigade!

kant - ewww on the poo!!!!  That sucks about the early morning.  If we had raccoons in our yard it would be WW3!

mer - silly baby pooping in the night!  Yay for your last week!!  That wrap sounds yummy.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: didn't run a step this weekend but spent all day Saturday digging and shoveling (literally all day, no exaggeration). Yesterday I picked rocks for about 3 hours- some of them were probably 40-50 lbs- glad I got into lifting this spring so I could deadlift those badboys.

TR: I didn't spend a lot of time with him per my RR post, he was a good kid though. This morning he was dawdling and when we got in the car I said "Damn, we're late now!" and he said "Mom said Damn? Daddy says Oh Shit"  Then we had to do the whole "don't say bad words" talk.  I'm a bad role model.

FR: Last night was hamburgers. Made roasted asparagus and it was full of grit so I'm going to have to soak the other couple of lbs I've got in the fridge to get it out, yuck. Not sure about tonight.

NRR: I let DH buy a 1973 Jeep CJ5 last night. We're going to sell the VW since he won't be commuting anymore so he wanted a fun project car. Its in great shape, won't need much work to get it going. He had been obsessed with the thought of a Jeep/Bronco/Scout or some old car for the past few weeks and he wasn't going to shut up. He wanted to look at a Jeep truck and I told him he couldn't buy anything we couldn't ride in as a family (ie must have a back seat).

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- R is obsessed with ice. NOOOO I NEED ICE IN MY JUICEEEE!  Good job on pacing yesterday, you are so good at that!

kant- OMG that is horrible about the poop. My running has been total crap lately, its depressing.

Mer- R likes to go stand beside the toilet or in a closet and yell "I'm hiding!!!!" lol  uggg  I hate night poops

CA- great job on your marathon, you are awesome! I actually lost my appetite for a few days after my marathon.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

kant - I actually was going to run for time this morning, inspired by your post but I went off my planned out and back so I would have been far from my car when time ran out.  I almost always negative split runs so I find running for time to be difficult except on the treadmill.

mer - B played hide and seek with SIL#2 a few weeks ago and he just hid under a table.  Pecans in a wrap sounds interesting!

CA - after Mississauga I was expecting to eat everything not nailed down but the runger never really hit.  funny because after the 20, 22 mile runs I ate EVERYTHING.  What kind of drama happened with the pacers? (I love pacer controversy!)  I think 2-3 minutes faster is totally unacceptable and we stalked the other pacers' results and most of them are in that range.  You are supposed to run as close to your pace assignment as possible and if you can't do it, then don't volunteer to be a pacer.  When I do 2:15 r/w, the last walk break is at 20.5K, and people were yelling at me, "don't walk!" oh yes I will! and I slowed down to 6:30/k in the last 200 m to be as close to 2:15 as possible and people were all, "YOU CAN DO IT!" ha ha

spike - well B kept asking for cold water so I got him some from the fridge before I realized his definition of cold water = ice water.  See, ST is good! I can't imagine someone being so unfit that they can't carry out household chores.  Or worse, people who refuse to lift more than 5 lbs but are lifting 50 lb rocks at home.

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- DH said the same thing to me: "See? Aren't you glad you lift now?" I'm not sore at all other than my knees from falling down while trail running last wednesday. I'm the heaviest I've been while in a non-pregnant or post-baby state than I have been in 6 years and it bugs the shit out of me, but DH says he thinks I look the best I have in a long time, he doesn't like my scrawny waif-runner look.

runnergirl9508

RR: bootcamp this morning, then 5.5 miles with the stroller. Haven't run with the stroller hardly at all this pregnancy, mostly due to the fact that this winter sucked, and I thought it was going to be much harder than it was. I felt great.

TR: had fun pointing out all the cars, trucks, and motorcycles we passed, telling me what color each was. We ended at the park and played there for over an hr- he was a happy boy!

NRR: R's new room is just about done- we just have to put the trim pieces back up around the floor now that the carpet is in. I was planning to have R nap in there today for the first time, but he asked for his crib "one more, please" so I'll try at bedtime. DH is working 8-5 all week, which means we'll have more time to work on the nursery at night.

PGR: OB apt tomorrow- 36 weeks! I have to take R with me, since DH is working early (normally he works at 10, and I schedule my appts for 8:30-8:45). And I just remembered I have to have my Group B Strep Test tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

zorbs- nice pacing job, as always! Lol on the ice cubes- I put one in R's water yesterday, and he took a sip, shivered and said, "Brrr, cold water! Ry likes."

Kant- I've run in a slightly damp sports bra before, it's not too bad in the warmer months! Ugh on the dog poop- that would make me so angry. Oh no on the 4am wake-up- is she feeling ok? Hope she takes a good nap for you today. What kind of dog do you have? Mmm, I love the farmers market! We get some awesome local honey at ours.

Mer- how'd the run feel on Sat? Is your pelvis/hips doing ok now? Cute about J hiding from you. Ugh on the night time poops- those are the worst. Hooray for the last week of school!!! Mmm, I eat salads for lunch every single day- I never get tired of them!

CA- congrats on your marathon PR!!! You and Lori rocked it. I was the least sore after my PR marathon, oddly. It was my 3rd one in 12 months. It always takes me about 2 days for my appetite to come back post-marathon. I usually have to consciously remind myself to eat. Sounds like the kids had fun!

spike- lol on DL'ing the rocks. One of my PT clients owns a cattle farm, and she's always telling me about the ridiculously huge rocks she pulls out of the cow pastures. Hahaha- at least your "bad word" wasn't as bad as DH's...lol. My DH has my old 2001 Jeep Cherokee that I had when we first started dating. He LOVES that thing, and has kept it in great shape. It's a beast, and R loves riding in it, too.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - the pacer drama was centered around the ultra... there is a pacer who runs out of one of the local RR stores, who has been running for.ev.er in Calgary, he's in his 70's and is locally famous, and Simon Donato was also here as a celebrity pacer of sorts... the local guy thought he was pacing the 50 k for 5:30, but the organizers had given that gig to Simon, so assigned the local to 6:00 hrs.  Local guy decided HE was goingto pace for 5:45 instead.  Which is total BS, 50 k is a long effing way, and if you're expecting to run it in 6:00 hrs and trust the pacer to do it in that, if he speeds up to run it in 5:45, and you blow up at 40k because that's beyond your ability... AND omg, I just looked up his finish time, 5:35.  what an ass.  He is in the 70+ AG and that's amazing for being over 70, but that's a dick move for a pacer.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - how do you feel though? I'm the heaviest I've been in oh, about 10 years and I'm bitching about it because I have hideous muffin top in pants that I wore pre-preg and up to 2011 just fine.  I don't actually think I have gotten fatter, just my body shape has changed.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

https://twitter.com/runmeb/status/473359093655031808/photo/1

heh even Meb was 2-3 minutes ahead of his goal pace.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - I saw that!  I bet it's hard for Meb to run THAT slow, and besides he's not a pro pacer like you Smile

RG - I feel like we might have been able to push the pace to a minute or maybe two faster, but I also think that it's running 2 back to back.  From talking to Lori, I think she's a bit more sore than I am.  Which makes sense since she's never run that far before.  Amazing that you're still pushing the stroller!  I hope R goes to bed alright in his big boy bed tonight!